Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election (2253 Views)

#ondodecides: Ondo State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread / Appeal Court Adjourns Judgement On Ondo PDP Tussle / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by patiot: 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
KASHAMU SPEAKS ON ONDO STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION AND THE GALE OF SUSPENSION IN PDP

My attention has been drawn to news reports credited to the spokesman of the National Caretaker Committee of our great party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Dayo Adeyeye that the party would "impose severe sanctions on Ali Modu Sheriff and his faction for all their actions intended to undermine the party's interest". 

I wish to say that I believe that Prince Adeyeye was either misquoted or misrepresented because it is totally inconceivable that anyone who has the interest of the party at heart would contemplate such at this time. No one is afraid of any sanctions so long as we know that we are fighting to protect the interest of our people.

A political party is a congregation of people with a common goal yet with various interests. In every political setting, people align and realign with the bloc or group where they feel their interest is better protected and guaranteed. If your bloc or group wins, it does not mean you should seek to emasculate the other because you never can tell what would happen tomorrow. Your worst enemy today may become your best friend tomorrow. That is why they say in politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies but permanent interest.

It is in the light of the foregoing that I wish to advise that no one should mistake the verdicts of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court over the Ondo State PDP governorship ticket as their pronouncements on the national leadership crisis. They are two separate issues that I hope we can still resolve amicably.

Anyone talking of sanctioning any member of the party for fighting to protect his interest does not wish the party well. As we have seen in Osun, Ogun and Kwara states, it will further exacerbate the crisis and lead to a gale of suspension and expulsion. The truth is: such a move will further undermine the party and its leadership.

Is anyone saying that if tomorrow the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court rule in favour of any of the national leaders, he should send all those in support of the other out of the party when all the 36 states are polarised along the lines of Senators Sheriff and Makarfi? No. That is not the spirit of party politics and participatory democracy.

We were all witnesses to the electoral success recorded by the party within the first three months or so when Senator Sheriff took over. That is the power of unity. I am not by any stretch of imagination saying that the amiable Senator Ahmed Makarfi cannot lead us to achieve the same electoral feat. He has proven his mettle as a political leader of note with visible results. The point is that since Governors Ayo Fayose and Olusegun Mimiko caused the division in the party following their insistence on perpetrating illegalities in the South West PDP, we have lost Senatorial rerun in Imo State; we have lost Edo State and now Ondo State.

In a political party, like every other setting, people are bound to have disagreements and protect their interests. Senator Makarfi should not let Governors Mimiko and Fayose to mislead him any further. The mess that they have put the party is already more than enough.

Both of them are at their wits end, living on past glory and in self-delusion. They have failed to manage their political successes. We told Governor Mimiko that after eight, the good people of Ondo State would resist the injustice of producing a successor from the same senatorial district where he hails from. It is not that Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) is not a good material. He is urbane, intelligent and smart. He would have probably won had he come from any other senatorial zone than Mimiko’s. We told Mimiko that the people would not take anything that would look like a third term for him and his senatorial district.

He would not listen. Ever slippery and sly, Governor Mimiko turned deaf ears to wise counsel, just like he turned his back on all those who helped him to power.
Despite being the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, Governor Mimiko turned himself into Fayose's puppet, allowing Fayose to lead him by the nose. 

Yet, this is the same Fayose that we rehabilitated and repackaged after he returned to the PDP to be able to win the governorship ticket and the election.

Today, if elections are held in Ekiti State, Fayose cannot get up to 30 percent of the votes! He has frittered away his political goodwill by his cantankerous nature and ostentatious lifestyle.

In Ondo State, we collapsed the structure of the Omoilu Group, which included the old PDP members into Mimiko’s structure ahead of the National and State Assembly elections in 2015. This accounted for why he appointed six of our members into his government. Now, we told them to carry along all the interest groups and consider their views, they shunned and spurned us. So, should we fold our hands and allow them to ride roughshod over us?

It is common knowledge that each time a reconciliation meeting is called at the national level; I am one of the first to show up. My commitment to the reconciliation process at the national level does not mean that I would not protect the interest of our people in the South West where those who did not sow want to reap, at the expense of all. 

My activities and records speak for themselves. I am not blowing my own trumpet. But, I challenge any leader who has contributed more to the growth and development of the party in the South West to come out and say so. I stand for truth, justice and equity. That is why I will never support any attempt to perpetrate illegality and impunity in the South West PDP. Let us appreciate one another and foster genuine peace and reconciliation devoid of injustice and impunity. That is the way forward.

Signed
Senator Buruji Kashamu
Ogun East Senatorial District

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by StevenJay01(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
He has spoken well!! Any other contrary opinion must be from a goat

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hmmmm...politics
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by tuniski: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
You guys should please reconcile for the benefit of suffering nigerians in the hands of this apc's Hardship. Na God I take beg una!
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Splashme: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
PDPee . . . PDPee . . . PDPeee

You guys need to put your house in order
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Atiku2019: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
cool cool

Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Splashme: 12:39am On Nov 28, 2016
PDPee . . . PDPee . . . PDPeee!!

You guys need to put your house in order
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by agabusta: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2016
PDP sha. Assemblage of different controversial folks. I remember when this guy was about to be bundled out of the country, a lot of PDP goons on nairaland were shouting day and night how dictatorial Buhari is, and he was finally let alone.

Now that he is a major member of the Ali Modu Sheriff faction, and has spoken out against Mimiko and Fayose, ironically, his best supporters then, will be among those to tongue-lash and abuse him.

Everything na abuse to them. Everything na Buhari cause am. I'm sure they will soon say it's also Buhari that sent Kashamu to scatter PDP. Bunch of jokers! cheesy

PDP lacks internal democracy and it has multitudes of selfish and arrogant folks, who always want to have their way.

The number 1 person is Fayose. Fayose is highly dictatorial and always wants to have his way. He is one of the troublemakers of PDP, and not Buhari.

Infact one can recall that his toxic abuses and dispositions to Buhari before the 2015 was among the reasons a lot of Northern PDP guys abandoned the party, or were to embarrassed to openly campaign for the party. Fayose was ppart of those responsible for GEJ's defeat due to his crude and verbose approach to politics.

I just laugh, when people hail Fayose as democracy icon. Fayose is a greater dictator than PMB. This is an easily verifiable assertion from those close to him.

Abeg PDP, get your house in order. Please we need you as opposition for democracy to thrive.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by EmNaija: 1:06am On Nov 28, 2016
MMM is given you lots of bonus this week ..

-1000nair bonus if you register this week
- 20 dollars if it's your first time
- 30% interest rate on your investment or
- 50% interst on bitcoin

For more information message me ...

https://mobile./1803305296551321?view=permalink&id=1839096386305545&refid=18&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6357801567227098923%3Amf_story_key.1839096386305545%3Atop_level_post_id.1839096386305545%3Atl_objid.1839096386305545

Don't forget your refer is emmy4lov@gmail.com or simply ngem

Thanks. Enjoy MMM while you can
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Vatsyayana: 1:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Fayose & Mimiko would be like: SHORO NIYEN?
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by kahal29: 4:15am On Nov 28, 2016
Well spoken
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by Johnnyessence(m): 5:55am On Nov 28, 2016
it is when we start advising tinubu to stop imposing candidates on us the better for us. we all know d september primary election was peaceful as expected. now aketi is now the governor of ondo state. no amount of tinubu words can be taken serious again. he has useless himself in south west politics. he should continue imposing his candidates to lagos state. He will be rejected in imposing candidates on us. Tinubu thinks he's smart not knowing he's the big fool of our time. He should continue in his ways of life. He will be rejected and regret his action. Everybody now knows that he's selfish and greedy.
Re: Kashamu Speaks On Ondo State Governorship Election by yjgm(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2016
That is the truth

(1) (Reply)

Exposed : Reasons Why El-rufai Is At War With Shi'ite Muslims (pictures) / Soyinka Asks Buhari To Reveal Health Status, Backs IPOB, Others / Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.