Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money (64159 Views)

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Infinitikoncept Has Refused To Released My Goods.. HELP / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Swissheart(f): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
equilibrum:
OK guys I have to use this account for update, it's a friends. My actual account has been put on some kind of restriction.

Wanna first appreciate everyone for dropping by. Some of the comments here are very encouraging. So the guy contacted me few hours ago on whatsapp after seeing all of these. He had to unblock to message me. He mentioned paying back but first I should close down this thread. I just laughed. Told him to pay back first and I would inform u guys here and then do the needful.

And also to make few clarifications. The transaction was done on a Sunday so no way I could go to the bank. Also i used quickteller application for the transfer and the name didn't come up. I have learnt my lesson though. But still, he has no right to hold back the money. Thanks everyone.
That's alright. Don't bring the thread down. The nonso guy is in trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
equilibrum:
OK guys I have to use this account for update, it's a friends. My actual account has been put on some kind of restriction.

Wanna first appreciate everyone for dropping by. Some of the comments here are very encouraging. So the guy contacted me few hours ago on whatsapp after seeing all of these. He had to unblock to message me. He mentioned paying back but first I should close down this thread. I just laughed. Told him to pay back first and I would inform u guys here and then do the needful.

And also to make few clarifications. The transaction was done on a Sunday so no way I could go to the bank. Also i used quickteller application for the transfer and the name didn't come up. I have learnt my lesson though. But still, he has no right to hold back the money. Thanks everyone.
Getting interesting..he should have posted on this thread to clear himself but he wouldn't cos he has a lot to hide.

And he prides himself as someone who hates liars.
The irony!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by igwejay67: 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
spectator2001:

Sorry man. That dude is a thief, plain and simple. Cut the crap about "some money being expected". If I was in Nigeria, I would have retrieved your money for you plus N10,000 for you from the bas.Stard! Please don't ask how, I hate cheats.

Even right here, I help people to obtain justice at no cost. I once helped a random girl get her her money+phone+money for her cab back to her location from that useless computer village in Nigeria, although with mild violence. We blacks and yeah, some whites too need a little violence to set our brains right. Sorry about that. If you don't receive your money by C.O.B. today please post the situation on the forum here and you'd get your money in 48 hours- UNFAILINGLY.

Good one bro if we can all donate N500 each all it takes is 56 members because its likely the thief will not repay that money as it stands. But we all must not relent, we all should publicly shame him and call him out as a petty thief that he is. Maybe this approach will deter people to at least think twice before embarking on deceitful manners

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by progress69: 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
equilibrum:

Lol. Dem don ban you.

Where is that clown that was saying rubbish to me the other time.

Oga u see say u nor get sense

Oya read the above, and read the below

semmykiki:

U sound senseless to me with this stupid response here. You mean he sent a transfer and never bother to check the recipient name that appear during the transfer? Did you go to school at all?

U see ur life. This my response to u was what best fit u

progress69:

U get sense so? Lol. You were talking of bank teller, cashier and all when OP clearly stated he made a TF and u still dey make noise here cheesy. What prompted this your bitter response? Na me dey frustrate your life?
Be like u nor get money? Hence u nor dey do transfer. This mistake is not new, and the problem is with the app or the banks keeping beneficiaries for easy access next time. Sometimes name doesn't even show and an app like quickteller will tell u to carry on if you are sure. Have u mistakenly sent a text to a wrong number on your phone before despite it being on your contact list? Stop making a fool of your self on the internet

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by datigbogirl: 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by igwejay67: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... but why contact the guy when the Bank was involved? The guy sounds credible but then.... one time he said it was the woman's son... and later he said was like a cousin? It can be he was truly waiting for the money ... I think if he wanted to take the money he wouldn't be going thru all that back and forth with you... and sending you some money. You also sound demanding when the fault was yours.... as for me... even if I wanted to... your tone would make me change my mind. Some mistakes are costly.... you've made one... move on.

You are a thief move on or jungle justice shall be your case someday

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by drnairalov: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
There is a price for every mistake. I hope you dont expect me to pity you for making such a mistake. All you needed to do was to exercise patience and continue playing around with the guy until he refunds the money.

Now that you have exposed the guy's photo on social media and called him a thief, and also exposed his phone number. You should seriously pray that the guy doesnt take you to court and have you imprisoned. 53,000 naira is not money compared to the damages on his person and he can claim character assassination, loss of faith from his clients, loss of reputation and loss of business due to trust issues consequence upon your action. His story is believable and very clever. This is not about conscience, its about word play.

He can cleverly pay an old woman (if his version was a lie) to pose as the woman that expected the cash and he will win in court. Some of you dont know how to use your initiatives. This is counter-intituitive. No be everything dem dey use common-sense.

I hope you dont go to jail and pay hefty sum for this.

u have got to be sick upstairs, if you against the thief being exposed . I am a lawyer... and the complainant wont even see the entrance of a jail talk more of going there. This is clearly theft and putting his details on social media is for a reasonable cause which has a valid defence.

I will like to see the thief try.. comon, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.. going by the facts he knew that money wasn't for him and it is not an honest mistake. I hope he is caught many like him have gone to jail over this issue. So dont come here spilling jargons on word play

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vacora:

Dude, stop trying to sound intellectually superior. Your argument is so flawed. Fact is this is a clear offence of Theft. Once the recipient was aware of the mistake, he is legally obliged to correct that mistake i.e rectify the mistake by returning the whole sum to the bank who were in charge of the poster's account. Anything else will show dishonesty.This payment will have to be agreed with the bank. Honesty from all parties is necessary. Nigeria is in serious trouble considering all the assinine comments on this topic.

Can't you read and understand. The recipient made points even tho it could be lie. Billyionnaire made a brilliant message. Isn't it possible that you are expecting some funds from someone and he uses another account to credit u? Imagine the scenario where by its an inter bank transaction and the sender is tryna avoid the sending fees. What's wrong with Nigerians using their heads. The amount expected could be a little different from the received amount and yes it happens as a result to few thousands added to it by the sender.

You and those that liked your comment are just been emotional. You relate everything to scam. He refunded half and he still responds accordingly with him. He changes display pictures (identity isn't hidden by him). What else should he have done? Steal money to refund him with the balance??
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malakh:
Romans 2:12 KJVS
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
I have nothing against your god bro...
Just know that you shall also be judged by the laws of other religions since you all claim to serve different gods.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certitude(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
linearity:

Agreed, it was a mistake on both parties. But, the truth is in the eyes of the law, handing over the money to an old woman, who was expecting money is not an excuse, even if valid, it is a third party transaction that does not involve these two.

The particulars here is, someone wrongfully handed money to another, who have acknowledged that, he wrongfully came into possession of the money. The term 'spent' does not only means parting with money in exchange for goods and services.

If you voluntarily parted with money under any circumstances (name it), you have spent the money, because you are no longer in possession of the money.

The lady that even received the money and paid her hospital bills with it, is not in the clear as she can be charged.
The best it will even do is to mitigate the punishment.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by habsydiamond(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
With this kind of recession u dey make mistake of plenty thousand naira. U are even lucky that he returned 25k. Some will not even send back 10 naira not to say 25k. Bro take heart and continue with ur hustle. May God recover ur loss for U.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by alezzy13: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
dabrake:
This billyonaire dude is one of Nairaland's biggest disappointment and his' is on par with Musiwa. Keep claiming imaginary wealth like a fake ass wannabe that you are. That was how you promised to donate towards TeHN move to help a Nairalander and you couldn't drop a kobo after the unnessary bragging.

Comparing billyonaire to musiwa is an insult to the latter. I wince each time I see those comments of his.

For his pretentious ramblings, insufferable snobbishness, empty boastfulness, barren rhetorics, and hopelessly fake "rich dude" facade he keeps deceiving himself with, I'm not sure I've come across a more irritating Nairalander.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by alezzy13: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
double
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by mercytripletz: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
ANY NAIRALANDER WITH GOOD EYE WILL KNOW THAT THE "SICK OLD WOMAN" STORY IS A BULLSHIT.

WHY?

CHECK THE TIME THAT THE STUPID GUY CLAIMED HE WANTED TO GO AND MEET THE WOMAN AND THE TIME HE CAME BACK TO REPLY.

WHO ENGAGES IN A 2MINUTE 'PROLONGED' ARGUMENT AS IN, WHO DOES THAT?

SMH

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ibnquasale(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
OXCUBA:
.... YOU HAVE JUST BLESS HIS JOURNEY TO XMAS.

OP IS YOUR MISTAKE.... STOP CLAIMING THE GUY DEFRAUD YOU..... HE IS A GOOD SAMARITAN.... TO RETURN EVEN HALF OF THE MONEY.... FOR THIS BUHARI ERA. I BET YOU .... YOU AND SOME OF PEOPLE CALLING THE GUY A THIEF WOULD DO THE SAME OR EVEN WORST IF PRESENTED THE OPPORTUNITY.

THE ONLY WAY TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY BACK ... IS EITHER BY PLEADING OR BY US ING TRICKS.

FORCE WILL ONLYV DELAY IT....

People like you are the reason why this country may continue to go down.... I want u to slowly read the nonsense you wrote, then come back and shout this "ayam truly stewpid"

Maybe we truly deserved the type of leaders we have.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=ColonelDrake post=51474406]I can just fathom why the average human being is dubious in nature.. Dubious people everywhere - from recharge card, data bundle scam, ATM, BVN et al...
Why? Why?[/quote

Hahahahahaha...tell him
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by equilibrum(m): 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
mercytripletz:
ANY NAIRALANDER WITH GOOD EYE WILL KNOW THAT THE "SICK OLD WOMAN" STORY IS A BULLSHIT.

WHY?

CHECK THE TIME THAT THE STUPID GUY CLAIMED HE WANTED TO GO AND MEET THE WOMAN AND THE TIME HE CAME BACK TO REPLY.

WHO ENGAGES IN A 2MINUTE 'PROLONGED' ARGUMENT AS IN, WHO DOES THAT?

SMH

You a good thinker. Shows you paid good attention to the chats posted. And if u also compare the various time he claimed he was going to the hospital and the time he got there, the difference was so short. One would even imagine if he lives in the hospital or something.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by bigtt76(f): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
It all depends on when he discovered the issue. He would have gone back to the bank branch and complained making sure he submits an official written complaints attaching the bank voucher. Calling the banks for services these days doesn't make sense.

I rather buzz them on Social Media pages and they call me back. I just did same today and they were all falling over themselves to call me. In all, I got a total of 10 calls from the bank I buzzed on social media trying to resolve my issue.

ephi123:

Did you read that he called the bank immediately it happened but was unable to get through / kept waiting for 3 hours by which time the thief had withdrawn the money?
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by michealdeco: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
OP i will try and forward this to Naij.com

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certitude(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
ollah1:

Can't you read and understand. The recipient made points even tho it could be lie. Billyionnaire made a brilliant message. Isn't it possible that you are expecting some funds from someone and he uses another account to credit u? Imagine the scenario where by its an inter bank transaction and the sender is tryna avoid the sending fees. What's wrong with Nigerians using their heads. The amount expected could be a little different from the received amount and yes it happens as a result to few thousands added to it by the sender.

You and those that liked your comment are just been emotional. You relate everything to scam. He refunded half and he still responds accordingly with him. He changes display pictures (identity isn't hidden by him). What else should he have done? Steal money to refund him with the balance??
Baba, the niggaR blocked his line, blocked the OP from reaching him on whatsapp and deactivated his Nairaland account. What more?

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ephi123(f): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Certitude:

So the OP wouldn't mention the fact that the guy blocked him from whatsapp, deactivated his line and also his nairaland account? BILLYGOATIARE abi na how dem dey call you...

ROTFLMAOOOOO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Lilimax(f): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
ujezeez:
So many thieves dey nairaland...by their comments u go know them SMH...
True!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Chidonc(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
humblemikel:

i think you should forward that blame to the banker who did the transaction,no one is above mistake
but does it means our bankers dont cross checked the name with the account number before processing their transaction.
this is what many Nigerians go through every day thats why it is said that two wrong cant make a right so dont be too fast to judge

what do you mean that the blame should be forwarded to the banker, the op said he gave a wrong acct details and you are blaming the banker that carried out the transact, no cashier would accept ur money if the name and the acct number does not ryme, ur attention would be called to it, that means the op total gave both the wrong name and wrong acct number together. Dont forget he said he had done transaction with the guy before.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ephi123(f): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
AlanP, Nonso or Jeffery - which ever one you are, hope you know that these days recruiters do google the names of potential candidates. To imagine that when yours is searched, this is what will come up.

You have just sold your "birthright" for a plate of porridge. After spending 5 years studying engineering and spending 1 year on NYSC, this is how you have rubbished your name.

17 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Lilimax(f): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
I did make a huge donation to TeHN under 'anonymous'. Thanks for the insults anyway.
The more reason you should refrain from supporting a fraudster instead of ridiculing yourself online.embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by progress69: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
hugochuks60:
the truth is that a mistake has already been made. the guy that paid the money into d wrong account made d greatest mistake. he could av asked d cashier if d Acc no n name r correct, but he didn't. in fact him n d cashier r first to be blamed.
secondly when he noticed this, he should av gone to d bank immediately to reverse the transaction n not calling customer care cos it will take time.
now as for d guy that used part of d money, tho that's wrong, but due to our nature as Nigerians, I will say he tried. he gave u 1/2 of it n promised to pay back d rest later n even explained he used to money to pay hospital bills for a woman. he has tried but as Nigerians, we don't trust people wen it comes to money. for me he has tried.
for d person who paid d money, pls u av already done a lot of damage to this guy by exposing his identity n picture n address n phone numbers on d social media. this is wrong. pls stop this n if u can delete them, pls do that. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
money money money!!! money is not everything. ur identity is more important. if u ask me, this guy owes u nothing cos u directly paid it to him.. pls I beg both parties to forgive themselves n make peace reign here. dont let this case reach court. its so minor but d consequences could be more than 60k.
thank you

Bris abeg, i just wan confirm, did you read the OP or. you flew into conclusions. Nigerians eh....chia. no wonder we are so backward. Read and come back!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Lilimax(f): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Not at all. I believe I won the debate. In my opinion, I think the OP is stupid and not just careless. However you look at it, who sends money to someone without cross-checking the recipient ? I am not interested in what is good or what is bad. That is left for the courts. My responsibility is to air my opinion on a legal stand point and allow you guys to make a conscience call. I think we belong to different schools of thoughts but the offending thing is many people not making educated attempt to respect others opinion. That itself speaks volumes on why many people are under the poverty radar here and can barely feed themselves.
There you go again trying to justify yourself and your comment. embarassed
Bro, you goofed big time! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by bababode825(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
---all the best

reserved01:
Hello nairalanders. I need your help and contributions concerning this issue. Had to open a new account for this. Please take your time to read through.
At exactly 3 weeks ago, i made a terrible mistake by sending an amount (#53,000) to a wrong account number.
Immediately, I put a call through to my bank to help reverse the transaction but couldn't reach the customer care representative. I tried several times but exhausted all my credits waiting on the line for someone to pick up. I sent mails and tweets, yet no postive response either.
After about 3 hours i was able to speak with a customer care rep. I explained everything to her, she did a background check, confirmed the transaction but sadly, it was already late, she said the recipient had fully withdrawn the money. My head went blank immediately I heard that. She said they have a team that works on such, and that they will get back to me.
I did a check on the account number i wrongly sent the money to and then I realized it was a nairalander, whom I once paid for his service sometime around middle of this year. I do not know him in person. Then I started searching through for his contacts and luckily I got one. I put a call to him, tried explaining myself but from his tone I realised one would require a long conversation, and also for evidence purposes, I decided to resort to whatsapp. The following are the conversations with him.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by LordBaelish: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Certitude:

You are even nice. Even if he pays them all, he is still going to lose on his defamation claim.

You're right. What's tearing my skull figuratively speaking is the fact that some people are saying that the scammer was even nice. Like WHAT THE FUVK?? shocked shocked shocked

ARE WE THAT DEPRAVED OF A SENSE OF TRUE RIGHT AND WRONG??

This country is messed up. If it were me, i'll spend over 200,000 just to make that man's life HELL in rpg..

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Zirah: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
There's no heart to take. Your logic is faulty. He'll get his money back, bet it!

habsydiamond:
With this kind of recession u dey make mistake of plenty thousand naira. U are even lucky that he returned 25k. Some will not even send back 10 naira not to say 25k. Bro take heart and continue with ur hustle. May God recover ur loss for U.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
Certitude:

Baba, the niggaR blocked his line, blocked the OP from reaching him on whatsapp and deactivated his Nairaland account. What more?

Ohh this says lots tho. I didn't see this earlier
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Zirah: 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Spot on!

ephi123:
AlanP, Nonso or Jeffery - which ever one you are, hope you know that these days recruiters do google the names of potential candidates. To imagine that when yours is searched, this is what will come up.

You have just sold your "birthright" for a plate of porridge. After spending 5 years studying engineering and spending 1 year on NYSC, this is how you have rubbished your name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Professes Love To Fewa, Femi Otedola’s Son (Pix) / Entrepreneurship Development / Lady Who Sells Banana And Travels By Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.