Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,087 members, 7,852,685 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

There Was No Niger Delta Ministry When I Came In – Minister, Usani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was No Niger Delta Ministry When I Came In – Minister, Usani (366 Views)

APC Suspends Usani Uguru Usani In Cross Rivers / Presidency Keeps Mum On Indictment Of Usani, Buhari’s Minister For Fraud / Usani Uguru Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was No Niger Delta Ministry When I Came In – Minister, Usani by AnotherZik: 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
BEVERLY HILLS, November 28, (THEWILL) – The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Pastor Usani Usani has disclosed that projects worth over N420 billion have been abandoned in the Niger Delta region, disclosing that when he came in as minister, there was no Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.

Lamenting that there was so much waste in the ministry, he told reporters on Sunday that “organised chaos and a deliberate action of disorder” reigned supreme before he came into office, adding that “there was an amorphous organisation called a ministry. But there was no ministry. So, attempting to get things in proper perspectives became the first responsibility, which, so far, is beginning to take proper shape.”

Usani continued, “It was a situation where people thought that the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs was a platform for collecting and sharing. That is the reason we had more than N420 billion disbursed in the ministry and the rate of project completion was just 12 per cent. There was so much waste.”

He categorised the projects into sectors, saying: “In every state of the Niger Delta, there are housing estates of two-bedroom and three-bedroom units. They have skills acquisitions centres. Only one has been completed and donated to the Federal University Otuoke.

“The rest are not complete, like the popular East West road, which seems to characterise the image of the ministry.”

The minister, who stated that he would not like to refer to the projects as abandoned, explained that; “What we are trying to do is reward contractors who have shown true diligence in execution and should be encouraged by being mobilised further to return to site. And those who are in liability against the recent mobilisation are requested or advised to return to site until they get to the level of project execution that will be commensurable to what they have gained financially.”

As regards the East West road, he said: “It was first awarded in 2006. One decade has passed and it has not been completed. Yet, it is of so much economic and social importance to the region.”

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/there-was-no-niger-delta-ministry-when-i-came-in-minister-usani/
Re: There Was No Niger Delta Ministry When I Came In – Minister, Usani by deltapikin(m): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
Thank God u are in charge of the ministry now. Please let the people of Niger Delta start to feel your impact now not on pages of newspapers.
Re: There Was No Niger Delta Ministry When I Came In – Minister, Usani by hrykanu231(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
I will continue to say this, our problem in the region is not solely a fed Govt problem. But leaders within the region, who feel building hotels in Abuja and outside the country is far more profiting to developing the region.
#420 billion and the region is like this? God punish evry looter of our common wealth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Governors, General Electric Sign Mou For 5 Power Plants. / Governor Ambode Presents 2017 Budget Today. [FULL PRESENTATION SPEECH] / Breaking!..pdp Senators Stage Walkout Over Sen Omogunwas Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.