Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program (14415 Views)

Osinbajo Launches African Development Bank Nigeria Office / Osinbajo Launches Solar Home System Program (Photos) / Nigeria Joins African Union Campaign To End Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Lilimax(f): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
Collins87:
Let's watch the reaction of Muslim senators tomorrow.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
superstarDikk:
10 year old girls are sexually active in Aba. Na northerners de Bleep dem?

do you understand the difference between child marraige and under-age sex?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by FunkyMetahuman: 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
He should start with the wicked dullard at aso rock angry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by superstarDikk(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Keneking:
Hope the North would not call him to order?
My friend in Awka was deflowered at the age of 12 by a 25 year old man. A report claims that girls in Aba become sexually active by the age of 10. Na northerners una de import to fukk dem ni?
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by davidif: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Sall:
The north will never listen to you sir; Efforts in futility. Those northerners are million miles behind.

That is why we need to have a referendum in this country.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
He should start with the wicked dullard at aso rock angry
Which one sir
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
superstarDikk:
My friend in Awka was deflowered at the age of 12 by a 25 year old man. A report claims that girls in Aba become sexually active by the age of 10. Na northerners una de import to fukk dem ni?
Source of reports...grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by superstarDikk(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
vodutive:

do you understand the difference between child marraige and under-age sex?
Yes i do, perfectly. Its hypocrisy to condemn one and leave the other
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by superstarDikk(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Source of reports...grin grin grin
Pls travel to Aba. i'm not defending these ills, but its hypocrisy to condemn one and leave the other
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by shumuel(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
I pray he succeed, more than 50% of those in power in the North are guilty sad

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by abbey621(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
It is only an ignorant person that would believe child marriages can be stopped in any part of Nigeria especially the North. For Northerners, they have religious, societal and political backing to continue marrying young girls, in fact no law can exist to stop this practice! What we should be after is the total education of our Northern folks, once the parents become more educated, it would gradually not be accepted for a 10 year old to become Alhaji's wife. Reduce poverty, provide jobs and educate the people and there would be no need for child marriages!
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Vizzim: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Wonder if Buhari is in support of this. Moreover this campaign should Kickstart in the North. They need it. Na so i miss out on a beautiful lady because of child marriage. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by muller101(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tell that to the mallams.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by buffalowings: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
How will we take these guys serious?

Return that girl kidnapped by that emir

Only then will we listen to what you've to say
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Paperwhite(m): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
This VP thought he is dealing with reasonable people but he is yet to grasp that they are fanatic paedophiles.Recall an emir right in Buhari home state of Kastina kidnapped, forcefully convert & married a 14years old minor yet the president never behave like an abominable act have been committed. Agha gi bu sorry.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Danmaiduguri(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=Sall post=51484536]The north will never listen to you sir; Efforts in futility. Those northerners are million miles behind.[/quote

Its an anti islamic campaign. Islam teaches us as soon as one reaches maturity He/she can be married. Islam never mentioned Age.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by nellyelitz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Op pls before o comment where did this event took place
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Olu317(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:
I see 3 things happening (potentially)

1: Osinbajo will face several unexpected problems regarding his leadership as VP and other dealings in appointments/employments he has engineered since becoming VP
2: He will be replaced (VP is by appointment so no law or constitution will stop his replacement if Buhari sees it fit)
3: He will find support from both Politicians and the civil societies who want to see a stop to this practices and Tinubu wwill use this as an opportunity to rally public opinion on his side.

I no be politician oooh.. i was married as a child too
..your personal opinion is a worthwhile asset. Perhaps you can champion a campaign to that effect. Nobody knows and feel the pain better except someone with the personal experience.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Tiffbuxas: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
our president cannot allow this.... how can dis Yoruba pastor come and spoil our market... it seems he has overstayed his welcome at the aso Rock, it's time for him to go
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by lomprico(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hehehe!
Ur oga will fire you o!
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Maa4real(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Why is it that most Nigerians are farrrr left behind.
What are þhè difference between
1. someone that slept with a girl and give her money,
and
2. þhè smart guy who instead marry her befor having sex.

Common logic: for a girl to be roaming half naked hustling for what to eat i think it will be better if someone respectfully marry her and provide all her needs.

#economy #kidnapping #boko-haram #militant. Pls focus on ur campaign promises first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by lomprico(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
janco:

Why didn't BUHARI launch it himself.. ... Psychophants

Because he married a girl child.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Omudia11: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Confused country. The president supports child marriage, VP doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Justicealh3(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Me no agree for this, cos I their married 15yrs old. In our house they send end child marriage ne.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by roolnaado(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Laudable programme by the VP will go a long way, hope it changes the mindset of the northerners
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by rhektor(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
With this your campaign you just incurred the wrath of your boss and his Miyetti group. I won't be surprised if you are kicked out or they lay claims against you to get you out of office
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Osyabj: 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
superstarDikk:

yes and the "Nigeria Police" in Awka will arrest and prosecute the rapist fpr Rape of Minor under Nigerian law, but the same "Nigerian Police" will not arrest a 65 year old Paedophile amir of Katsina for for his babaric kidnapping and forceful conversion to islam, forceful marriage and on-going RAPE of a 13 Year old Christian girl child.

Thats the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by AntiHater: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
superstarDikk:
10 year old girls are sexually active in Aba. Na northerners de Bleep dem?

No mind the mumu na, like say no be here we dey read of child rape everyday, even less than a year old baby are not spared in the south. Hypocrites!!

Osinbajo add end child rape and molestation common in the south join am.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by AreaFada2: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
nathz45:
it seems like he didn't consult with his oga at the top first...Northerners will be so against this

I think say na only me think so o.

Northerners/coded Yerimas will be offended by this. A Christian pastor trying to end a normal Northern culture, even religious one.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Scary profile u got ma lipsrsealed

It is a metaphor of sorts.. hidden message behind the moniker if you are good with anagrams

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Cyril Ramaphosa As New South African President / Lai Mohammed: Terrorists And Bandits Did Not Create A Caliphate In Nigeria / Only 38 Senior Officers Were Retired - Nigerian Army Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.