Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program (14412 Views)

Osinbajo Launches African Development Bank Nigeria Office / Osinbajo Launches Solar Home System Program (Photos) / Nigeria Joins African Union Campaign To End Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olu317:
..your personal opinion is a worthwhile asset. Perhaps you can champion a campaign to that effect. Nobody knows and feel the pain better except someone with the personal experience.

Trust me.. most girls get use to it and forget it quickly.. the mind of a child has suitable defenses to mask the trauma and provide an escape for the pain. as an adult, you may recognize the emotional distress it causes, but you would have built up a tough skin to it over time.
Tradition is difficult to change if it is not started from the top
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by festusbarry(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
softmind24:
this is not just Northern thing

It happen all over the country

He is from far north ....arrest him

There is no difference between the man that marry small gal and the one that sleep with them without marriage

Nigerian men should desist from going after small gals
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by superstarDikk(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Osyabj:

yes and the "Nigeria Police" in Awka will arrest and prosecute the rapist fpr Rape of Minor under Nigerian law, but the same "Nigerian Police" will not arrest a 65 year old Paedophile amir of Katsina for for his babaric kidnapping and forceful conversion to islam, forceful marriage and on-going RAPE of a 13 Year old Christian girl child.

Thats the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
believe it or not bro, this problem transcends region and religion. The emir wasn't prosecuted because we live in a world where wealthy n influential people can get away with anything. There r people in the east who commit worse crimes but they r moving abt freely cuz of wealth n prominence. Google abt paedophile rings in America n Europe. I stay in Awka, i know what my eyes have seen. Politicians bleeping girls that r barely 16. who de arrest them?
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by toye440: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
I think he should talk this campaign to every Emirs palace.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
Collins87:
Let's watch the reaction of Muslim senators tomorrow.
grin cheesy grin grin thank God he does not need to be screened by the Senate...
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
well I don't know the age barrier they regard as child marriage, but in Islam their is marriage to minor it just needs to be understood...
and that's not Nigerias' major problem

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Henry1006(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
make i hear. mtcheeeeew!!!! this one na show.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Hollyharjii: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
I hoped it will be effective
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by CioAngels(f): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Our emirs, northern senators, ministers, governors, (yerima) chairmen and others over to you. You send your daughters to the best school abroad until adulthood while you ruin poor people's children. Come to think of it, if you face only the north, child marriage will and can never be eradicated becos it also happens in other states that are not mentioned. Delta state is one of them and it does happens in many of their towns Ukwuani local government. Please, those toddler daughters needs help from marriage bondage.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
it's all about the north again, total BS, taking panadol for another man's headache. bunch of hypocrits. if our sons and daughters at an early age want to get married we will permit them because to us marriage is done because of God and by his laws and not because of man and his laws.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Godstraight(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
superstarDikk:
10 year old girls are sexually active in Aba. Na northerners de Bleep dem?
will you shut the hell up ,comparing a random incident that may had not happen to an institutionalize child degrading legal,everyday medieval practice in the 21st century?.you northeners are so easily recognisable, it is only a shame that we have to be called the same nigerian
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Olu317(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:

Trust me.. most girls get use to it and forget it quickly.. the mind of a child has suitable defenses to mask the trauma and provide an escape for the pain. as an adult, you may recognize the emotional distress it causes, but you would have built up a tough skin to it over time.
Tradition is difficult to change if it is not started from the top
....Are you sure?, a case study, I saw one young lady during my university days and she had slept with more than 50 boys at different times according to some friends of hers, in fact I am been considerate because if I had wanted to exaggerate, I would quoted her friends that said, uncountable guys had slept with her . However, I had kept wondering what could actually made a very good looking girl ended up as such. Then I realized it was Child Abuse that did the damage to her. This and many more has ruined the glorious future of the female child. As far as human emotion is concerned, it is eternally impossible to forget but can always pretend it never happened. Our society, especially some the northern part condone this atrocity which make it hard to fight against except women are ready to fight for their right. Lastly, there is no tradition that extol marrying a young girl at a tender age. Have you not notice VVF rampant in the north. If a tradition doesn't favour due to high death rate or high disease rate, shouldn't such tradition be thrown away? so many babies born don't even know their mothers due to this problems
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Godstraight(m): 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
it's all about the north again, total BS, taking panadol for another man's headache. bunch of hypocrits. if our sons and daughters at an early age want to get married we will permit them because to us marriage is done because of God and by his laws and not because of man and his laws.
which fuking god?,you need to be enlighted,u mean u see nothing wrong with child marriage?
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Godgay:
which fuking god?,you need to be enlighted,u mean u see nothing wrong with child marriage?
by your response you are probably an atheist so swerve. I don't have you time.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Johnsown1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
I just pray that those northerners can listen to ur call,
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by precious1967(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
vp osinbajo shld stop wasting his time because people like senator yerima from zamfara ll not be happy wit him but to look 4 another littlle girl to add to his wives.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Burgerlomo: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
ouski25:
some felas re gonna come for his head

Some sick fellas
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olu317:
....Are you sure?, a case study, I saw one young lady during my university days and she had slept with more than 50 boys at different times according to some friends of hers, in fact I am been considerate because if I had wanted to exaggerate, I would quoted her friends that said, uncountable guys had slept with her . However, I had kept wondering what could actually made a very good looking girl ended up as such. Then I realized it was Child Abuse that did the damage to her. This and many more has ruined the glorious future of the female child. As far as human emotion is concerned, it is eternally impossible to forget but can always pretend it never happened. Our society, especially some the northern part condone this atrocity which make it hard to fight against except women are ready to fight for their right. Lastly, there is no tradition that extol marrying a young girl at a tender age. Have you not notice VVF rampant in the north. If a tradition doesn't favour due to high death rate or high disease rate, shouldn't such tradition be thrown away? so many babies born don't even know their mothers due to this problems

You are right.. but it exists and it remains part and parcel of a tradition that has existed across the sahara till this present day. there is an awareness and a sense of caution.. the repercussions of child-marriage only manifests a symptom of a deeper disease which is tradition. It is easier said than done - Saudi is an example.. how deep can reforms go before it is deemed too liberal. too dangerous
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by joshmaster(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Of all the problem in Nigeria na only this one come in head a whole proff he should be impeached.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
softmind24:
this is not just Northern thing

It happen all over the country

There is no difference between the man that marry small gal and the one that sleep with them without marriage

Nigerian men should desist from going after small gals

Then the VP should be launching a campaign against under age banging/under age marriage by all the career pedophilic Randy he-goats in Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
teemswest:
Pass law against it I know yerima crew will kill the bill if raised

That bill died a long time ago the moment it was presented before the cradle robbers called legislators along with their partners in crime collaborators which is the executives
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Godstraight(m): 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

by your response you are probably an atheist so swerve. I don't have you time.
so allows u to marry children?
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Godgay:
so allows u to marry children?
am definitely talking to a child, your are incoherent.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Godstraight(m): 11:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
am definitely talking to a child, your are incoherent.
okay let me make it simple.Does your religion allow for child marriage and why
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by UyiIredi(m): 12:49am On Nov 30, 2016
When the Sharia law practice in the North allows for child marriages. That's be difficult.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:05am On Nov 30, 2016
We have six political zones in the country, each has its peculiar social/traditional issues.

In SW we do not have under age or child marriage issue.
In SS they do not marry children.
In SE they may not marry children but have under age girls used as baby factories.
In NC they do not marry children.
There are random cases of under age children marriage in NE.
In NW generally amongst all class and in every state in that region under age marriage is a cultural belief and right of passage.

In NW where the problem is widespread it is even more pronounced in the muslim religion.

So I am not understanding the nationalization of a ban on child marriage. This is a North problem, not a national problem, to that extent this gathering should include just stake holders in NW and somewhat NE to give support.

Im looking at the picture and I see the victim gender and guys in suit and tie. I want to see clerics in turban pulling rosary beads but none!

Im going to rate this program as a 1.....meaning it is a lip service and badly executed since the parties who have the problem are absent and their commitment to the program is equally unsecured.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Olu317(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:

You are right.. but it exists and it remains part and parcel of a tradition that has existed across the sahara till this present day. there is an awareness and a sense of caution.. the repercussions of child-marriage only manifests a symptom of a deeper disease which is tradition. It is easier said than done - Saudi is an example.. how deep can reforms go before it is deemed too liberal. too dangerous
...That's the problem with many of us here in Subsahara Africa. They lay claim to a tradition that kills and destroy lives yet the so called originators of this ideology will send their children to western part of the world to educate and expose them,i.e their immediate family members and extended ones while making the common family a ridicule to the society. Can you see reasons some people will decide to engage in terrorism? when they understand nothing about education. This is indeed perpetual slavery to our female child because if the male child with whom is endowed with strength to defend his female counterpart is subjected to slavery, then ,the female child is tended to continually be infected and dies of vesicovaginal fistula (VVF).. So disheartening.
Re: Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2016
Godgay:
okay let me make it simple.Does your religion allow for child marriage and why
good, now I get you. well the question should be does my religion forbid it and why and in that case I will you no it doesn't and again this is a cultural issue that is only getting one sided attention. even boys gets Married at a young age to to girls slightly younger than them. and pls define a child for me because from what I know to this activist even a 17 year old is a child and yet in many many European countries and states in America 16 year Olds are allowed to get married with the permission of their parents so who are they kidding.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/teenmarriage/a/teenus.htm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hadizatu Mustapha Appointed Registrar Of Supreme Court / Governor Ugwuanyi Disburses N5 Million Each To Another 171 Communities / Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.