Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office (9002 Views)

Fire Guts Oil & Gas Depot In Calabar. 9 People Burnt To Death. Graphic Pics / Profile Of Justice W.S. Nkanu Onnoghen: Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Buhari Swears In Onnoghen As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by exlinkleads(f): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Panic erupted today at the Lagos State High Court in Igbosere, as fire gutted the chambers of the Chief Judge, Justice Funmilayo Atilade.

The Chief Judge’s courtroom, which is on the top floor of the old building, was consumed by fire at about 8:15 am following a reported sparking from one of the air-conditioning units in the chambers. Books and furniture were destroyed.

One of the source said the incident happened after a cleaner switched on the faulty air-conditioner and left the courtroom, following which a security official, popularly called “Alhaja”, raised the alarm. The security woman was subsequently rushed to the hospital, to be treated for smoke inhalation, before the arrival of the firefighters.

Sources say the devastated courtroom is hardly used by the Chief Judge, but is reserved for her anytime she comes to the Lagos Division of the court. The entire building was saved from being razed down following the quick intervention of the Lagos State Fire Service, which prevented the blaze from spreading to other courtrooms. As a result of the heavy smoke emitting from the courtroom, however, it took the firefighters about one hour to put out the fire.

Although the fire was quickly put out by the firefighters, the inferno disrupted activities in the area as litigants were evacuated from the premises and the gates locked.

One of the court registrars who spoke on condition of anonymity told SaharaReporters of the incident, “The fire started from one of the air-conditioning unit in the CJ's chamber. But, before anyone could get to know about it, it had gone out of control. I quickly informed my colleagues in the office and we ran down the stairs to our vehicles which we drove out of the premises,” he said.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/11/fire-outbreak-panic-as-fire-guts-lagos.html

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by madridguy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by zakim(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chai
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
I hope it is not a case of deliberately burning incriminating files?

14 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by CecyAdrian(f): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
This is fishy, something tells me this fire did not just breakout, and that it was a deliberate act.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by afanide: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Not again......

Do you want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS to earn foreign currencies? Learn how to Export Cocoa, Bitterkola, etc. Check my contact from my signature below and contact me.....
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by henrydadon(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
grin

send corrupt people go jail you no go gree..now the holy ghost fire yaff come down to torment you..can someone pls shout hallelujah grin

4 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Jh0wsef(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
WHEN YOU'RE UNDER PANIC BUT STILL WANT TO LOOK GOOD FOR THAT PHOTO SHOOT. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Siga: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
... Hope copies of those vital evidence dey somewhere...... Hope money no dey the office tho...
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by MzMercie: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
Incriminating evidences have been destroyed angry cry undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by daniska3yaro(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
Burn the evidence jare.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by dunkem21(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I hope it is not a case of deliberately burning incriminating files?

My thoughts exactly cool

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Glad no life was lost. Would suggest a proper investigation because it's quite a coincidence that it's happening at the time when judges are being investigated. This is Nigeria anything goes.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by zubinike(m): 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
I smell rat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Rexnegro(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
I feel it's set You
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by atilla(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thank God they do e-filing in lagos high court. No story of files getting burnt.
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by hismerhill(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bro if na only rat e for beta, I smell all domestic animals, including d wild ones wey dey bush....

Naija ehnn I hail thee

zubinike:
I smell rat

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Life4Varnity: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Kokoro to n je efo

idi efo lowa

==means====

Ant way dey chop vegetable

na na vegetable body e dey

==

Corruption everywhere u go..

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
We Thank God no one was hurt in the fire
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by obembet(f): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Buhari must probe you... Something is missing now

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by yeezyquan(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
zubinike:
I smell rat
. nr be only u oh *sniffs*

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Emassive(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Oya DSS Egbeara... Straight to Igbosere of Obalende

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by CoCoLav(f): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
exlinkleads:

however, it took the firefighters about one hour to put out the fire.

Although the fire was quickly put out by the firefighters,

Really?

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Sotenna(m): 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
NCC is responsible for this arson. They are a new faction of Boko haram and they specialize in increasing data prices and burning evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by systemz(m): 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
They have a mess to cover
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Zrolec(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Please make una no vex,, are those fire service men from Nigeria? Is fire service still in existence? Pls am not a village man just that the last time I saw them was in English primary reader .......
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by batstan(m): 5:15am On Dec 01, 2016
grin grin
Air conditioning unit? Does it have a black box?

Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by habsydiamond(m): 7:31am On Dec 01, 2016
I can smell tilapia fish from that fire!!!!!
Re: Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 01, 2016
THE SAME WAY THEY SET UP THE PLACE HOUSING AMALGAMATION DOCUMENTS AND IT'S DETAILS IN 1914 SO THAT NO ONE WILL SPEAK ABOUT ITS EXPIRY IN FUTURE TIME. NIGERIAN YOUTHS HAVE ALWAYS KEPT QUIET WHEN EVIL HAPPENS AND TODAY THEY PLAY WITH THEIR FUTURE COX THEY KNEW NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-minister Obanikoro In Fresh N450m Poll Cash Scandal / How Did The Dollar Manage To Stay At N170 For 4 Years Under Goodluck Jonathan? / Ikpeazu's Office Spends ₦2.2 Billion On Welfare, ₦1.4bn On Vehicles In A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.