Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,428 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions (9002 Views)

Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
There is corruption everywhere in Nigeria, that is not a news from the Federal to state, local govt, public parastatal, public and private companies, to families and individuals.

We need to find an effective and actionable soultions rather than bashing because talk is cheap and anybody can yawn their mouth to put down further our country which is already down.

I am asking well meaning Nigerians to debate and bring forward not just solutions BUT ACTIONABLE AND EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS.

We should be objective and not go after a particular person or individual but look at each type of corruption and proffer effective and actionable immediately workable solutions starting from Now.

Please put on your thinking cap and lets get thinking.

let me assure you that this alone is the begining of the end of problem in Nigeria. God bless you.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by deor03(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
Follow the CHINA way angry angry
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by DeepSoul(f): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2008
Pray the militants will stop blowing up facilities and start blowing up places like Aso Rock, National Assembly, Govt Houses etc
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ deor03

what is China way?

@ Deep soul

I know like many nigerians you and I are all frustrated but let us be serious for once and stop this comedy.

Blowing up national assebmly etc is unlikely to solve and problem in my view unless you can shed more light on what help that may give.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2008
Corruption in Nigeria, what can we do to stop it, right? Harsh punishment is the key to stopping the corruptions in our country Nigeria

Fine guilty of corruption in the court face up to 40 years in Prison or Death penalty will be the only way top stop it because just asking Nigerians to stop will not work.

DEATH PENALTY will be the only key and any one found guilty must be killed like the way we use to kill Armed Rubbers (Anini, Osunbor, Iyamu and the rest) in Benin back in the days. Public execution will be better.

How to stop Nigeria corruption:
1. Impose a death penalty
2. Public execution to those guilty of corruption
3. Kill those guilty immediately without delay
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by airegin: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2008
beninman:

Corruption in Nigeria, what can we do to stop it, right? Harsh punishment is the key to stopping the corruptions in our country Nigeria

Fine guilty of corruption in the court face up to 40 years in Prison or Death penalty will be the only way top stop it because just asking Nigerians to stop will not work.

DEATH PENALTY will be the only key and any one found guilty must be killed like the way we use to kill Armed Rubbers (Anini, Osunbor, Iyamu and the rest) in Benin back in the days. Public execution will be better.

I cannot agree with you more.

But come to think of it, Corruption can be defined as
1. lack of integrity or honesty
2. impairment of virtue and moral principles
3. destroying someone's (or some group's) honesty or loyalty
4. use of a position of trust for dishonest gain
5. inducement (as of a public official) by improper means (as bribery) to violate duty (as by commiting a felony); "he was held on charges of corruption and racketeering

According to your lordship, you’re saying anybody found guilty of using position of trust for dishonest gain should be executed. If you’re found guilty of bribing police with N20 at any junction…that means you and the police should be hang immediately with no delay. If you’re found guilty paying more for petrol at the black market…that’s encouraging corruption, therefore two of you should be hang.

My brother you harsh o. That means 99.9999% of Nigerians will be executed now.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by ifyalways(f): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2008
Like OBJ said recently,the way forward is to Pray tongue
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by HRhotness(f): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2008
Zero tolerance to all forms of corruption
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by theopops: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
I think it should start with everyone having a right to bear arms i.e. we should all have guns. When you get to a check point and you show the police man your AK, he will think twice before he begin ask for N20.

The out come, a lot of us will die, but a lot of them corrupt ones will also die.

Is this going to happen? No. You know why, Nigerians are only bold when it comes to talking/typing. Action? Nothing. We are the greatest cowards. We'll rather sit and watch. At least, the people of Kenya went on the road and did something. It might not be the best solution, but they didn't take bull shit, while sitting and doing nothing.

So the solution to corruption in Nigeria? Act and quit talking.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by ziga: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2008
Nigerians are very malleable people. We can all testify that we adjust very quickly to change, whether good or bad.

In my opinion, if the law enforcement and Law in Nigeria are put before any other matter, Nigeria will be transformed in no time.

All offenders without exception (including small and big thief) are caught and appropriately punished. Nigeria is the way it is now, because everybody believes he can do whatever he wishes and still get away with it.

That way, everybody from the politicians to the simple man on the street is held accountable for his actions.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

Zero tolerance to all forms of corruption

Who will carry this out? especially that the major law enforcement agencies are the foundation and captain of corruption.

What about our judiciary? will they be up to the job

Assuming there is statute of limitation for the benefits of those criminal, how far back are we going to go to prosecute any offender.

I am thinking of possible either partial or total amnesty depending on whether each of the indicted criminals give full and frank disclosure with reparation and forfeiture of assets, failure to do so will lead to the judgement being enforced.

As an example if someone comes out to declare their ill gotten wealth, and refund it, they will get suspended sentence from (maybe a life imprisonment) and if any of their ill gotten wealth is not fully declared or refunded then their punishment takes effect immediately.

There is a chance of 90% people getting convicted.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by lucabrasi(m): 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
@topic
personally i think it starts with us the general public
1)don not demand money before voting politicians in,then they wont have to spend billions campaigning so that there wont be a knock on effect of trying to recover money spent,it will also give honest and upright people a chance to come out and be voted for.

2)the average nigerian,should stop crying out to government and do a bit no matter how small for the immediate community and country at large,dont keep on blaming the government for everything but get your neighbours together and pay for the clean up of your gutter/drins,clear the rubbish tip,beautify our neighbourhood,take social responsibilities seriously and not wait for the government.

3)pay your tax

4)like others have said zero tolerance on corruption,and also being patriotic
5)less speeches from people who claim to have our interests at heart and more pro active actions, people like pat utomi,falana e.t.c
we have listened to enough speeches from them,let them spend some of their millions to build boys clubs,send children to school,micro finance e.t.c
6)religious bodies should be made to undertake more responsibilities especially as they are not paying any tax,there should be a benchmark of charitable works they have to undertake yearly or quarterly to merit being granted the status of a charity by government
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 1:33am On Jul 29, 2008
Who say it is we the ordinary Nigerians that are asking them to pay us millions of Naira before voting for them? They want to win by all means and the only way they believe they can win is stealing money and give their evil money to us so that we can vote for them! That money they are sharing during election is demonic! It is not Godly, they want to win! It is a do or die affair for politicians and they know when they go in they have to steal!

I say it again, the day of accounting is coming so soon and it is very near now!! I just want you all to open your eyes and watch what is going to happen in our country Nigeria soon. If its doesn't happen, we will not move forward, Bribing & corruptions will not stop, we will ever have electricity in out country, and we will never have water, there will never be a good road for us in our country, there will never be accounting for all our oil and the rest resources that we are getting money from, the rich will always get richer while the poor will ever remain poorer and even become more hopeless.

Unfortunately, Innocent once will have to pay with their lives and that will be the greatest sacrifices for our country. I have think day and night and I have looked up and down and search for solution but the only solution I found is this.

I am a Bini man from Isievbe Village, Uhuvbode Local Govement Area, Edo state, Nigeria. I am a not a coward!

I will tell a little bit on how the day will come! Soon you will hear Bomb blast at a police station killing at least 50 people and later news will play a recorded tap that will say, I want corruption and bribing to stop now! That is why we placed that bomb at the police station to tell Nigerians that we are not support the way things are going in this country! And few weeks or months later you will hear another one and the message will follow again! No school bomb, no public market bomb, only Govement houses so that those leaders will be affected more! This is the plan. And no one can stop it because no one know where it is going to start in Nigeria! I am a biniman and Benin Man don't take No Bull Shit! We are not a talkative! When beninmen want to do some thing, he do it without waisting time. The sound will soon be.

We might never have the chance to become the president of this country soon and the only way for us to talk is by this means! So many benin people will be capture and killed and the bomb will not stop blowing. What Niger Deltas are doing is fow play! You don't hold gun and be fighting police or Army, you don't let nobody know whom or where you are? Only allowed people to see your actions and let them know why you are taking that action!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 1:43am On Jul 29, 2008
@ airegin

Don’t let me call you evil agent!

According to your lordship, you’re saying anybody found guilty of using position of trust for dishonest gain should be executed. If you’re found guilty of bribing police with N20 at any junction…that means you and the police should be hang immediately with no delay. If you’re found guilty paying more for petrol at the black market…that’s encouraging corruption, therefore two of you should be hang.

I repeat, Bribing and corruption should be executed immediately!! Why will you pay more in petrol Asshole! Don't know what tips are? Don’t you know that if you want to compensate anyone that services you well, you give tips? And if you are impressed with the way police are working if you want to compensate them you can give tips? Why then most it be bribe? Why do have have to give police 20Naira on the road?
Must you give bribe asshole? Must it be bribing? If you where with me right now, I might even fight you for encouraging bribing!
I am not playing here airegin or what ever you call yourself!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by lucabrasi(m): 1:56am On Jul 29, 2008
lets be honest,of course the average nigerian asks them for money,bags of rice e.t.c to vote then ward leaders will collect,local government will collect e.t.c
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:19am On Jul 29, 2008

Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:20am On Jul 29, 2008
Who say it is we the ordinary Nigerians that are asking them to pay us millions of Naira before voting for them? They want to win by all means and the only way they believe they can win is stealing money and give their evil money to us so that we can vote for them! That money they are sharing during election is demonic! It is not Godly, they want to win! It is a do or die affair for politicians and they know when they go in they have to steal!

I say it again, the day of accounting is coming so soon and it is very near now!! I just want you all to open your eyes and watch what is going to happen in our country Nigeria soon. If its doesn't happen, we will not move forward, Bribing & corruptions will not stop, we will ever have electricity in out country, and we will never have water, there will never be a good road for us in our country, there will never be accounting for all our oil and the rest resources that we are getting money from, the rich will always get richer while the poor will ever remain poorer and even become more hopeless.

Unfortunately, Innocent once will have to pay with their lives and that will be the greatest sacrifices for our country. I have think day and night and I have looked up and down and search for solution but the only solution I found is this.

I am a Bini man from Isievbe Village, Uhuvbode Local Government Area, Edo state, Nigeria. I am a not a coward!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by beninman(m): 2:21am On Jul 29, 2008
@ airegin

Don’t let me call you evil agent!

I repeat, Bribing and corruption should be executed immediately!! Why will you pay more in petrol Asshole! Don't know what tips are? Don’t you know that if you want to compensate anyone that services you well, you give tips? And if you are impressed with the way police are working if you want to compensate them you can give tips? Why then most it be bribe? Why do have have to give police 20Naira on the road?
Must you give bribe asshole? Must it be bribing? If you where with me right now, I might even fight you for encouraging bribing!
I am not playing here airegin or what ever you call yourself!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by iyaade: 3:28am On Jul 29, 2008
The love of money is the root of all evil.

Firstly the problem/cause of the corruption is not actually the abuse of power, but the love of money. Every Tom, Dick and Harry (Femi, Aziz and Obi) not only wants to survive, but they aspire to be "big boys" and flash money, houses and cars all over the place. Once the lay people realize that integrity needs to come before getting money and in turn educate their children to have these same values, then arresting, hanging, or whatever else you want to do to the bureaucratic monkeys in power will not change a thing.

Teach the children the real value of money and you'll change the country. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by vigasimple(m): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2008
FINDING AN EFFECTIVE AND WORKABLE SOLUTIONS TO CORRUPTION IN MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION IS THE SECRET TO REBIRTH OF A NEW NATION THAT WILL THRIVE FOR ALL OF US.

WE CAN ALL YAWN OUR MOUTH AS MUCH AS WE LIKE WITHOUT FINDING A WORKABLE SOLUTION TO CORRUPTION WE MAY ALL DIE IN IT.

GOD OF MIRACLES WE ASK YOU TO COME NOW.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by McKren(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
My solution on this day the 29th of July 2008
(needs a very honest implementation by Mr President)

1. Grant Amnesty to any ex-public office holder (before 1st August 2008) currently facing corruption charges on the agreement that they will repratriate all of their funds back to Nigeria to invest in one sector of the economy. Either Electricity generation or sports.
If it is at anytime found that you have resources hidden abroad, you loose your amnesty and will face trial for both treason and corruption with a fine as much as 3/5 of your net worth.

2. Work closely with NASS to pass FOI bill and make it a requirement that all government programmes and project plans (at State and LGA level) are published with adequate monitoring plans, showing clear quaterly milestones so that members of the public can on their own inspect projects.

3. Reveiw the immunity clause, shield Governors and President from prosecution by members of the public but Governors will not be shielded from prosecutions by Government institutions like Police, EFCC, ICPC, State Prosecutors, Attorney General of Federation.

4. Make the office of AGF independent of Presidency.

5. Ensure that any public officer with glaring question of corruption is investigated and tried immediately by the appropriate agency.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
I partially agree with you, but not totally.

In addition to what you've just suggested, our constitution should also be revised in a way that would allow any newly convicted corrupt entities (after Oct '08) to be executed.

Without this addition, your suggestion would only work for sometime. Nigerians are very smart and also corrupt to the bone, in fact out society in general also embraces corruption to a certain, but scary level. Therefore, with time, they (Nigerians) would discover a new and better way (work-around) to continue with business as usual ways of life.

Let us keep it real and simple; there is absolutely no reasons to continue to fool ourselves in Nigeria; our number one problem and 90% of our problem is directly linked to corruption.
If moving forward and witnessing the birth of new Nigeria is our goal, then we must also be willing to go through some unprecedented steps to quickly attain our goal effectively.

Sorry guys, anything else will be a continuation of rubbish.

The best priceless gift from any Nigerian president to Nigeria as a nation, is to quickly revised our constitution and start dropping these thieves one at a time.
I guarantee a new Nigeria as soon as 2 or 3 convicted corrupt folks are publicly dropped.

I do not know what it is, but something tells me that my suggestion will be acknowledged very very soon!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2008
Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand and many other countries are mostly doing well today, because their constitution is firmed and doesn't permit rubbish.

Once our constitution is revised and empowered; executing convicted corrupt entities becomes part of life and very much civilized.
It isn't barbaric, it is the law and the only way the future of our nation, Nigeria could be secured for all of us,and our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and so on.

Trust me, it is the right thing to do.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2008

1. Grant Amnesty to any ex-public office holder (before 1st August 2008) currently facing corruption charges on the agreement that they will repratriate all of their funds back to Nigeria to invest in one sector of the economy. Either Electricity generation or sports.
If it is at anytime found that you have resources hidden abroad, you loose your amnesty and will face trial for both treason and corruption with a fine as much as 3/5 of your net worth.

2. Work closely with NASS to pass FOI bill and make it a requirement that all government programmes and project plans (at State and LGA level) are published with adequate monitoring plans, showing clear quaterly milestones so that members of the public can on their own inspect projects.

3. Reveiw the immunity clause, shield Governors and President from prosecution by members of the public but Governors will not be shielded from prosecutions by Government institutions like Police, EFCC, ICPC, State Prosecutors, Attorney General of Federation.

5. Ensure that any public officer with glaring question of corruption is investigated and tried immediately by the appropriate agency.

My man, are we in Nigeria or is this Nigeria we're talking about?

The obvious problem here is simple: Most of us have been gone for too long; therefore, we've lost touch with the reality, we do not completely understand the problems on the ground in Nigeria. Most of us still see Nigeria as little UK or NY
And this is simply why most of us continue to display suggestions that would only work in UK or USA or other modernized countries.
There is no doubt about it, some of the suggestions are bright, but we must first implement a solid foundation for such ideas to effectively work in Nigeria.
It is very important to first get familiar with the mentality of our people, layout of our retarded system and the invisible obstacles that our nation is directly up against before throwing suggestion here and there.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
I say start dropping them one at a time!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by Ibime(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
Big B1, abeg leave McKren alone, the man made some very good suggestions.

McKren:

I agree completely. . . .also all states should have an EFCC.

On top of that:

(6.) All Police should be paid properly. Any policeman caught taking rojer should be imprisoned and their commanding officer demoted. That way, all C.O's will enforce strict authority over their force. Same goes for army etc
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2008
all states should have an EFCC
OK, all states should have an EFCC:
What is next if the EFCC management is also corrupt and indirectly connected to the state governor.
e.g: The chairman of EFCC in Oyo state happens to be one of Adedibu's children. What happens to Akala if he happens to be a corrupt governor?

All Police should be paid properly
This action doesn't guarantee anything. You make more you spend more. It is a matter of time, the police will get used to the new salaries and the business as usual begins again.

And finally I do agree with McKren, but not completely.
In order for anything to work effectively and efficiently in Nigeria, there must be an introduction of something unprecedented or something deadly.
This is the only language Nigerians completely understand.

Do not be a fool; I know what I'm talking about, trust me.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by lucabrasi(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2008
McKren:

i agree because "saving face"to a large extent will make it easier for corrupt politicians to give up most of their ill gotten wealth,theres an african saying that an excellent warrior who has cornered his enemy will always leave room for the enemy to make his escape as good sportmanship because not leaving any chance of escape will make him desperate and a desperate man is more dangerous as you dont know what actions he will take,however i still maintain
lucabrasi:

@topic
personally i think it starts with us the general public
1)don not demand money before voting politicians in,then they wont have to spend billions campaigning so that there wont be a knock on effect of trying to recover money spent,it will also give honest and upright people a chance to come out and be voted for.

2)the average nigerian,should stop crying out to government and do a bit no matter how small for the immediate community and country at large,don't keep on blaming the government for everything but get your neighbours together and pay for the clean up of your gutter/drins,clear the rubbish tip,beautify our neighbourhood,take social responsibilities seriously and not wait for the government.

3)pay your tax

4)like others have said zero tolerance on corruption,and also being patriotic
5)less speeches from people who claim to have our interests at heart and more pro active actions, people like pat utomi,falana e.t.c
we have listened to enough speeches from them,let them spend some of their millions to build boys clubs,send children to school,micro finance e.t.c
6)religious bodies should be made to undertake more responsibilities especially as they are not paying any tax,there should be a benchmark of charitable works they have to undertake yearly or quarterly to merit being granted the status of a charity by government

Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2008
I guarantee you that in 20 years you guys will still be posting the same old suggestions with absolutely zero outcome.

Time will tell and we shall all see!
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2008
FYI: Governors are not the only corrupt entities in Nigeria, therefore, it makes no sense to only focus on the governors; the truth is: The entire nation is deeply corrupt.

License office= Corrupt
Passport office= Corrupt
Transportation Association= Corrupt
School Board= Corrupt
Universities= Corrupt
Airport= Corrupt
Media= Corrupt
Agriculture= Corrupt
Hospital= Corrupt
Senates= Corrupt
Local government= Corrupt
Banks= Corrupt
Electric Power supply= Corrupt
Water Corp= Corrupt
Telecommunication= Corrupt
Ministers= Corrupt
Church= Corrupt
Mosque= Corrupt
Police= Corrupt
Army= Corrupt
And many more.

For Christ sake, could someone please point out a single way a society like this could ever function effectively?

Our problem is obvious, We should try to make things easier and cost effective, allow our constitution to be revised immediately.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by McKren(m): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2008
Overseas banks are using funds looted by corrupt politicians to consilidate their banks and provide soft loans for their people. These looted money by one means or the other is better off in our economy than outside. Its better to draw a line, get those who have already looted to bring back their money and skills to invest their money in our economy and honestly protect it.

But then make sure people currently in office find it a lot more difficult to steal.

The fundamental objective of my suggestion is so that we will have a framework to tackle corruption that will stand the test of time. It may not yield fruits immediately but it will put us on the right direction and provide an opportunity for everyone to move on.

with the kind of fight against corruption we have right now, we will have every administration refighting the fights of the last administration. we will keep running in circles and nothing will work.
Re: Corruption In Nigeria - What Are Your Suggested Solutions by BigB11(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2008
When a society is this drastically corrupt, something drastic must also be done to correct things.
As soon as Nigerians are willing to be bold/ courageous and take a big step, a good percentage of our problems will be solved immediately.

This is why I will never pull for a gentleman or civilized person to be the next Nigerian president. Nigerians are just not ready for this kind of style of leading.

And the sad part of the whole situation in Nigeria is the fact that we know what we want and where we want to be, but we do not have the balls to make it happen.
This is also the main reason why a good portion of the population (new generation) continue to escape from the country and now have the audacity to talk rubbish far away from home.

A beg, teacher, don't teach me nonsense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judges Raid: APC Exonerates Buhari, Urges Security Agencies To Respect Rule Of L / Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office / Ex-minister Obanikoro In Fresh N450m Poll Cash Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.