Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job (14426 Views)

Adeyemo Akintunde, US-Based Military Colonel Advises Nigerians / Akintunde Akinwande Rejects Buhari's NERC Chairman Appointment / Buhari Nominates Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande For NERC Chair, Drops Shasore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by ybalogs(m): 7:48am On Dec 01, 2016
Akinwande doesn't want to be dragged into what may end up being his waterloo.NERC is a very sensitive parastatal and I'm not sure this Prof can handle our polithievcians hence his decision.I won't blame him but what happens if capable hands refuses to take up sensitive posts?May God help us.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by ybalogs(m): 7:48am On Dec 01, 2016
Happy new month Nairalanders jooor.May this new month favour us ooo.

1 Like

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by mailingdgreat: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Please leave this man alone. The handwriting is boldly written, "I don't need your job". Look for someone else who is competent. Chikena!!!
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by kassy777: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Dem no fit find anoda person? Or d man doesn't want to associate himself wit anythn abt d current govt?
Am sure you got it right. Some Nigerians are very decent and highly responsible, will not want to associate with people who not know his right from left. For example, not natural and trust worthy person will like to rub himself with Buhari, who does not know anything other than going after the crude oil communites, whether or not his government is causing the highest inflation thereby increasing the death arising from commission of suicides, increasing untold hardship. But when it come to how to oppress, desregard and undermind the people, he will jump up, push the army to close thier routes, roads etc. so that they willl continue to face hardship.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by passionate88: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2016
gurunlocker:
Does the President just nominate without consultation? what a dullard!
Big dullard
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by kassy777: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
Professor Akintunde Akinwande a man who doesn't want to taint his reputation with Incompetence........ Buhari never listens to his Advisers unless from his Uncle Mamman Daura or Babachir Lawal wink

Sir, surely your services will be needed in 2019 under a good Democratic Leader.

#Atiku2019
I do not care whether his ears were blasted by avengers that is causing the dumbness, it will be very foolish to associate with a daft, highly incompetent, one who does not listen and take genuine advice. For example, from independence to date, Buhari is the only leader with the highly killings. Ipob 200, shiit 500 etc. Why then, should a decent person agress to be listed or mentioned to have worked for such man?
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by tafabaloo(m): 8:10am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
Professor Akintunde Akinwande a man who doesn't want to taint his reputation with Incompetence........ Buhari never listens to his Advisers unless from his Uncle Mamman Daura or Babachir Lawal wink

Sir, surely your services will be needed in 2019 under a good Democratic Leader.

#Atiku2019

Wanted to LIKE your comment until I saw this "#Atiku...
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by greenermodels: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2016
kassy777:
I do not care whether his ears were blasted by avengers that is causing the dumbness, it will be very foolish to associate with a daft, highly incompetent, one who does not listen and take genuine advice. For example, from independence to date, Buhari is the only leader with the highly killings. Ipob 200, shiit 500 etc. Why then, should a decent person agress to be listed or mentioned to have worked for such man?
whether you like it or not, Nigerians including you would still vote for him in 2019 after collecting financial inducement, take a look at edo and ondo states.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Mexyz(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
No one wants to associate with this direction less and incompetent government...It took 2-3 years before Gej started receiving insults from Nigerians but Buhari's own started barely 3-4 months into his tenure all due to his decisions/Indecisions and policies.

I even come dey pity Buhari sef
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by stsinner: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
How can an MIT professor work for a common nomadic cow herder? Its absurd

1 Like

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Atiku2019: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
tafabaloo:

Wanted to LIKE your comment until I saw this "#Atiku...

No P Bro One Love smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by DanielPop(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2016
Brown roof citizen with brains - Akinwande. grin

He knows that Fashola is only looking for a scapegoat...to explain why his "smart Bubu government" has not been able to fix electricity in 6 months like he accused GEJ govtgrin grin grin grin

What goes around, comes around!

grin

DAVECENA:

source:
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/buharis-nominee-akinwande-shuns-senates-screening-nerc-job/
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by wadetaw202: 8:50am On Dec 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Dem no fit find anoda person? Or d man doesn't want to associate himself wit anythn abt d current govt?

I don't think it is just about dat. Truth is it is unreasonable to leave a blossoming carrrer that has future prospect for a political appointment that will only last for few years.

1 Like

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Amenphx: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2016
DAVECENA:

source:
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/buharis-nominee-akinwande-shuns-senates-screening-nerc-job/
these simply means that we still have Men of integrity in this country. May God protect and bless u sir. Meanwhile happy new month to all Nairalanders.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Josmila(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2016
ElectronicsGuy:
Could it be as a result of emptiness of the brain?

For your generator power booster, call me.

For those using prepaid meter, it helps by reducing power consumption when using heating elements in half.

You can now use your pressing iron and other heating elements on your small generator.

Check my signature for my contact

Have you checked your own brain lately? I mean check the pic you posted, that installation is a product of something. Selah!
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by DEBUCHMANNY: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Akintunde Akinwande
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande
Born Offa, Kwara State, Nigeria
Nationality Nigerian-American
Fields Electrical engineering
Institutions Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Alma mater Obafemi Awolowo University (B.Sc.)
Stanford University (M.Sc., Ph.D)

Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande[1] is a Nigerian American engineering[2] professor at the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department of Massachusetts Institute of Technology.[3]

Contents

1 Early life and education
2 Academic and Research Career
3 Academic posts and memberships
4 Honours and awards
5 Publications
6 Patents
7 References
8 External links

Early life and education

Akintunde was born in Offa in Kwara State. He attended Government College, Ibadan. He earned his B.Sc. (1978), M.Sc (1981) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife and Ph.D. (1986) in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, California.[1]
Academic and Research Career

Akinwande commenced work as a scientist at Honeywell Inc. Technology Center in Bloomington, Minnesota in 1986, initially researching on Gas Complementary FET technology for very high speed and low power signal processing. He became associate professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Microsystems Technology Laboratories (MTL) at MIT in January 1995, researching on pressure sensors, accelerometers, thin-film field emission and display devices, micro-fabrication and electronic devices with particular emphasis on smart sensors and actuators, intelligent displays, large area electronics (macro-electronics) and field ionization devices, mass spectrometry and electric propulsion. He developed the thin-film-edge Field Emitter Arrays for RF Micro-Triode Power Amplifiers and Flat Panel Displays, demonstrating the possible use of the thin-film-edge.

His research also focuses on:

Microstructures and nanostructures for sensors and actuators, and vacuum microelectronics.
Devices for large-area electronics and flat panel displays
Lithographically patterned metal oxide transistors for large-area electronics
CNT-based open architecture ionizer for portable mass spectrometry
Growth studies of in-plane and out-of-plane SWNTs for electron devices
High-current CNT FEAs on Si Pillars
Batch-fabricated linear quadrupole mass filters[4][5][6]

He co-founded the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation in 2004. He has served in technical program committees for various conferences such as:

Device Research Conference,
the International Electron Devices Meeting,
the International Solid-State Circuits Conference,
the International Display Research Conference
the International Vacuum Microelectronics Conference.

Academic posts and memberships

Visiting professor at the Cambridge University Engineering Department
Overseas Fellow of Churchill College from 2002 to 2003.
Member of the IEEE Nanotechnology Council.[7]

Honours and awards

Sweatt Award Honeywell's Technical Award (1989)[8]
National Science Foundation (NSF) Career Award.(1996)
Fellow Class of 2008 IEEE[9]

Publications

He has authored over 100 journals and publications.
Patents

Numerous patents in MEMS, Electronics on Flexible Substrates, Display.[10]
Single-use, permanently sealable microvalve.[11]
Diaphram phased field emitter and backfulling method for producing a microstructure.[12]
Individually switched field emission arrays.[13]
Organic field emission device.[6][14][15][16]

References

"A Noble Nigerian With Dignified Strides.". Highbeam. Africa News Service. October 28, 2004. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
Kathy Dobson. "Six Marshall, Rhodes Scholars at MIT". The Tech. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Akinwande's bio at MIT". Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Research interest". MIT. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"New gas sensor is tiny, quick (1/12/2008)". Chemistry Times. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Precise hand-assembly of microfabricated components, Akintunde I. Akinwande, Newton, MA US". Patentdocs: Precise hand Assembly of microfabricated components. May 7, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
Soibi Max-Alalibo (July 26, 2010). "Institute, Total Google Partner On Teachers Project". Tide News. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
Scott Williams. Akintunde Akinwande. Computer Scientists of the African Diaspora. State University of New York. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Microanalyzer". MIT.
"Batch fabricated rectangular rod, planar MEMS quadrupole with ion optics US 7935924 B2". Google Patents. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
"Single-use, permanently-sealable microvalve US 20130133757 A1". Google Patents.
Edwina DeGrant; Roslyn Morrison; Thomas Feaster (2012). Black Inventors: Crafting over 200 Years of Success. Global Black Inventor Resea. p. 76. ISBN 978-0-979-9573-14. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Individually switched field emission arrays WO 2014124041 A2". Google Patents.
"US Patent no. 6870312". PatentGenius. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
"Dense array of field emitters using vertical ballasting structures".

"Organic field emission device, US 20030080672 A1". Google Patents. Retrieved May 4, 2015.

External links

"Akintunde Akinwande, MIT".
Categories:

American electrical engineersAmerican physicists20th-century birthsGovernment College, Ibadan alumniObafemi Awolowo University alumniNigerian engineersNigerian scientistsNigerian emigrants to the United StatesAfrican-American engineersAmerican people of Nigerian descentStanford University School of Engineering alumniLiving peopleAmerican people of Yoruba descentYoruba scientistsYoruba academicsPeople from Kwara StateMassachusetts Institute of Technology facultyAcademics of the University of CambridgeAfrican-American scientistsAfrican-American inventorsAfrican-American academicsFellow Members of the IEEEYoruba engineersFellows of Churchill College, CambridgeNigerian inventors20th-century American engineers21st-century American engineers

Navigation menu

Not logged in
Talk
Contributions
Create account

Article
Talk

Read
Edit
View history

Search

Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Donate to Wikipedia
Wikipedia store

Interaction

Help
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact page

Tools

What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Permanent link
Page information
Wikidata item
Cite this page

Print/export

Create a book
Download as PDF
Printable version

Languages

Add links

This page was last modified on 29 September 2016, at 13:41.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by iglimen: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

U people aff started campaign ? Hmmm

#Atiku2019
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Escobarr: 9:50am On Dec 01, 2016
People turning down appointments under buhari coz it's no longer lucrative....funny as Bleep.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by lurdkriss: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2016
He doesn't want to soil his hands
government work na ise ekpe, and he no wan use em head carry curse undecided

That's a gd man grin
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by alaskido(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2016
Buhari, I am available for this position o. Mr Akinwande has said he is not interested to work for a clueless government. Leave him alone. Me I am ready to work o. The hunger in the land is too much. grin grin
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Ademat7(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

#Atiku2019
Henceforth don't post atiku2019 again,when will u mature sef No b only atiku na IBB

1 Like

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by bart10: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2016
shocked You mean this guy wants to resign his MIT appointment for some stupid NERC job! I just pity him. He's gonna be messed up and subsequently roped into some "corruption stuff" by the ruling hegemony. I wish I could contact this guy and advise him ASAP. It's not worth it serving this country the way it's presently constituted. He's gonna be messed up.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by baybeeboi: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

Lol Haba, Sincerely she's an Intelligent woman under an Incompetent Government... cry

Yea, think we are saying the same thing. Dats why i pity her
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by bunmit(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

What if Buhari appoints you as the Minister for Youth and Development? wink

I go grab am since i never get any reasonable job wey i dey do
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by blackprowler: 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
As usual, Nigeria is a joke! I'm not interested in whether he attended screening or not but that he is from MIT and needs to resign. Nigerians are EMPTY, INSECURE FOOOOOOOOOLS! There was once a Barth Nnaji with paper qualifications from all the universities in America to fill a file cabinet. WHERE IS THE LIGHT?! Now, Lawyer Fashola is the head of light and works and these bastard Nigerians are screaming that he's a lawyer and unfit for the job. Ladies and gentlemen, Maitama Sule no even go university but when he was in charge of light, works, mines, petroleum (one man o), all these things ran better than for the over- "qualified" people you have today. I repeat the one billionth time: Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria. Nigerian people and Nigerian leaders are both the same: they have NO CLUE how nations develop. They're just fumbling from one place to the other in mutual agreement on what they're doing and refusing to be brought into any real debate with someone like me as to whether no be craze dey worry all of una. Instead, moi has been declared the crazy person. NIGERIA IS A JOKE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by SuperBlack: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Kathmandu:

No. They need suleiman Abdullahi now

To man that ministry you need to be dumber than Daulung

It Seems you want DSS to break your door on the first day of Xmas
Very funny.
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

Bros take am easy Na grin grin grin

lol no mind me jor
Re: Akintunde Akinwande Shuns Senate’s Screening For NERC Job by ElectronicsGuy(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Josmila:

Have you checked your own brain lately? I mean check the pic you posted, that installation is a product of something. Selah!

oh.. Are you stylishly telling me ur brain needs reset?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu Urges Buhari To Pick Lawan As Successor, Says He'll Stabilise The Country / Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System / Insecurity: Lagos Bans Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned, Uncompleted Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.