Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Re: We Made A Terrible Choice, did we? ( Buhari's Failing) - Another view - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: We Made A Terrible Choice, did we? ( Buhari's Failing) - Another view (468 Views)

Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / We Made A Terrible Choice. Did We? (buhari's Failing) / Buhari's Failing Health.Expect Another Group Of Bokoharam Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: We Made A Terrible Choice, did we? ( Buhari's Failing) - Another view by cola: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good day everyone,

This post here is a rejoinder to a topic started yesterday by a certain obiageli titled as above. This rebuttal is only my appreciation of the issues and not an attempt to put anybody down.
Here:

@obiageli and all

Three matters were the most important to Nigerians going into the elections last year:
a. Security viz a viz boko haram threat
B. Corruption, unchecked with impunity threatening to bankrupt and KILL the country and its people.
C. The economy

Now it's easy for people to forget where they were coming from with regards to these three areas. The govt of the day at that time was failing woefully in all the areas. Even people in the South had their hearts in their mouths for the threat of boko haram. Secondly, news of wanton stealing was making a turnaround hopeless in all spheres of our national life. Thirdly the inevitable downward spiral had begun with the finance minister warning as early as a year before election.

Most unbiased folks agree most people outside Borno can now sleep with their two eyes closed as far as boko haram's existential threat is concerned - a success of this govt.

Most unbiased people also agree that brazen corruption with impunity has been given a bloody nose. A larger success could have been achieved if the judiciary had been more cooperative. Thankfully that area too is getting a look-in currently. This success is ongoing.

The third area of the economy is understandably challenging and we hope for a turnaround soon.

Now do you call a govt or a man who has won, or is winning two of three battles a failure?

Understandably, people can now focus and make demands on the economic front only because they don't have to worry about boko haram's threat to their existence anymore!

How easily and quickly we forget!

Yes we have a right and a need to make demands. And Baba and his team need to double up on the third front- the economy, yes. But to say that Baba and the govt has failed or that we made a mistake is a bit uncharitable.

May the GOD Almighty help Baba and bless Nigeria.
Re: Re: We Made A Terrible Choice, did we? ( Buhari's Failing) - Another view by cola: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
The economy is tough right now no doubt, but I believe the prognosis is good.
Re: Re: We Made A Terrible Choice, did we? ( Buhari's Failing) - Another view by KingsleyJohn: 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Op you are either uninformed or just lying to your self. Three things you said mattered before the election:

Security: book haram have been tamed no doubt, but Fulani herdsmen has emerged and is competing with bokoharam on terrorist ranking and our FG has not been able to arrest or try any of them in court. Shi'ite has been killed as if they are not human, I was surprised that a panel of enquiry set up by El rufai confirmed that over 300 Shi'ites were killed. Amnesty international has proven than over 150 Ipob members has been killed by this government. So my question is: what other form of insecurity is worse than that backed by the state?

Corruption: apart from the fact that we are yet to see a conviction, the big question is why is GMB prosecuting mostly PDP members, evidence are there against Amaechi, Babachir, Burutai etc. why is no body trying them?

Economy: No comment, I just wish this governt could return us to where we were in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Send Your Child To School Or Risk Jail Governor “el-rufai” / Read Adeosun’s 10-point Economy Growth Agenda For 2017 / 'I Am Already Gone' - Has Jonathan Buried 2019 Ambition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.