Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) (11991 Views)

FG Targets Five Million Jobs From €995m Agric Programme / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice / Anambra Signs MOU With Chelsea Farms: Poised To Boost Food Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by DozieInc(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by checkolatunji: 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
winterfell007:

i'm igbo too. but u are increasingly becoming stupid.any small talk of progress in the east. u turn it to an opportunity to insult the west. i condemn ur statement entirely . and to the yoruba people please don't take that piece of shit seriously he's writing under the influence of fanta

If you notice? Nobody took him serious
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Blue3k(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
GreatSE:

Then how will you get the raw materials for the industries....na wa for una ooo

The raw materials available in the north actually and lastly you can import them. Japan doesn't have naural resorces. The still have vibrant manufacturering industry. The raw minerals are easy to get many countries export it cheaply. Our nmining and mining industry untapped potential.

Second nigeria already exports mineral resource to a small degree. We also import then as well. If you actually read the graph or Stats provided by Bureau of Statistics.

https://www.nairaland.com/3496315/agriculture-not-way-foward-industrialization

Ps: I noticed someone liked and shared your post. It's sad that nobody researches just run out with bias assumptions. Na wa for both of you ooo.

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by ekwii: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
All these are wash, what Abians need today is good road structures especially that deathtrap of Ikot-Ekpene - Umuahia road.
All this crap just to boost the governors image.
Abia state is the worst state in south east in terms of infrastructure
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow dis is another good news coming from alaigbo my fatherland but we also need to invest in technology dis will go a long way
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Efikoroy: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
winterfell007:

i'm igbo too. but u are increasingly becoming stupid.any small talk of progress in the east. u turn it to an opportunity to insult the west. i condemn ur statement entirely . and to the yoruba people please don't take that piece of shit seriously he's writing under the influence of fanta

Me too igbo. As a matter of fact, it is becoming annoying. It shows the average age of most of the commentators here. Most of these comments are becoming childish.
And for our yoruba brothers, it is not every comment you should respond to . When u learn to ignore such stupid comments like the one above, they will stop posting same with time. Cheers
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by quickly: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blue3k:
Why does everyone think agriculture is way forward. Manufacturing and industrialization way forward. I don't think Nigeria imports that much food except a few staples like rice, grapes and other little thing. What we really import is machinery, manufactured parts etc. Food isn't actually that high on list.

https://www.nairaland.com/3496315/agriculture-not-way-foward-industrialization

Most african countries survive with earnings from 60% agriculture. Nigeria needs to be food and energy independent which means our agric industry can provide most food without buying outside. Also enetgy independent means crude in nigeria is processed and used in nigeria first... PMS etc and not just exporting crude that is slavery
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Blue3k(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
quickly:

Most african countries survive with earnings from 60% agriculture. Nigeria needs to be food and energy independent which means our agric industry can provide most food without buying outside. Also energy independent means crude in nigeria is processed and used in nigeria first... PMS etc and not just exporting crude that is slavery

All your points raised are correct. I don't spit in idea of energy independence aka boasting our refining capicity. Which would count as industrialization. The post I threat I wrote also said agriculture is beneficial to economic diversification.

Most of our food isn't bought outside from what NBS shows. It's just a few key food. We actually grow most here. The agric is lowest cost and percentage. We just need to produce more of it to keep up with population growth.

Most of our ECOWAS trading partners import same machine, parts and refined products. Then like you said the survive with African countries survive 60% earning from agric economy. That means if Nigeria focus on industrilization we have opertuinity to have billions in saving from importing. Then we get potential billions from exporting at lower cost. Our currency is weaker so other african nation can easily buy from us.

Ps: if you add all the food products it adds up to (naira million) 372,220.16 (note I added hides aswell). The chemicals, boilers and vehicle parts add up to (naira millions ) 828,972.36. (Note that' not everything)

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by ChilledPill: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
ekwii:
All these are wash, what Abians need today is good road structures especially that deathtrap of Ikot-Ekpene - Umuahia road.
All this crap just to boost the governors image.
Abia state is the worst state in south east in terms of infrastructure
What is this one saying? Ndigbo si "eto dike na nke omere, ome kwa ozo" i also play opposition but not when i see good news, even if you don't like the governor nwanne this is commendable because if his predecessors did something like this he wouldn't have been doing it again......step by step we will get there.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by nylawal(m): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blue3k:

All your points raised are correct. I don't spit in idea of energy independence aka boasting our refining capacity. Which would count as industrialization. The post I threat I wrote also said agriculture is beneficial to economic diversification.

Most of our food isn't bought outside from what NBS shows. It's just a few key food. We actually grow most here. The agric is lowest cost and percentage. We just need to produce more of it to keep up with population growth.

Very interesting aguement you guys are putting forward. I implore you that when you want to put up data to make a point you can use that of a 5 year period to show a trend. it amuses me when you say agriculture contribution isn't significant, do you know the quantity of processed food we import? Rather than just looking at NBS incomplete data, do you know how many people are employed in the processed food value chain? We export cocoa and import chocolate, do you know we are employing foreigners and empowering them?

Do you know how much Malaysia makes from palm oil? Even I learnt they got the seedlings from Nigeria in the 80s or 90s. Just take a stroll to shoprite one of the biggest retail stores in Nigeria. You will be amazed how many processed foods from South Africa they sell. Funny enough, from potato chips, tomato paste, fresh tomato, and lots of food readily available in Nigeria are imported from South Africa.

Just a few of teasers. Do not forget the whole railway infrastructure and roads the British built in Nigeria was from agriculture and it was built for the purpose of evacuating agricultural products to lagos to be shipped off to Britain.
Cheers!
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Blue3k(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
nylawal:

Very interesting aguement you guys are putting forward. I implore you that when you want to put up data to make a point you can use that of a 5 year period to show a trend. it amuses me when you say agriculture contribution isn't significant, do you know the quantity of processed food we import? Rather than just looking at NBS incomplete data, do you know how many people are employed in the processed food value chain? We export cocoa and import chocolate, do you know we are employing foreigners and empowering them?

Do you know how much Malaysia makes from palm oil? Even I learnt they got the seedlings from Nigeria in the 80s or 90s. Just take a stroll to shoprite one of the biggest retail stores in Nigeria. You will be amazed how many processed foods from South Africa they sell. Funny enough, from potato chips, tomato paste, fresh tomato, and lots of food readily available in Nigeria are imported from South Africa.

Just a few of teasers. Do not forget the whole railway infrastructure and roads the British built in Nigeria was from agriculture and it was built for the purpose of evacuating agricultural products to lagos to be shipped off to Britain.
Cheers!

It a actually is a 3 yrs year graph you can see the previous reports on website NBS put out. I can tell instead of reading the report you wanted to go on long rant like a mad man. The manufacturering industy also has a supply chain. I guess you never heard of Japan, singapore, china, North Korea or America. NBS data isnt incomplete your stuck in past with rose colored glass when nigeria had agriculture mono economy.

Next do you not see the trading advantage it would give us in Ecowas. Potential billions in saving abd billions in exports.

If you add all the food products it adds up to (naira million) 372,220.16 (note I added hides aswell).

The chemicals, boilers and vehicle parts add up to (naira million) 828,972.36. (Note that' not everything that's counted as manufacturered products)

Base metal and mineral products add up to be (naira million) 456,786.3 .

Ps: do yourself a favor and look at trend for yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself. Only clown rants without looking at data first. Oh the reason we don't processential more food is because our industry not industrialized. Hence why you heard story why Nigeria is giant exporter of tomato and net importer of tomato paste. Now don't reply me until you have actual data child.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/472
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by quickly: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
Look at Kenya.. there Earnings is 50% agric another 50% tourism with a GDP of 53.4 billion dollars

Look at ethopia..there earning from agric is 80% with a GDP 103.1 billion

Etc.. all this non oil producing african countries are doing so well when the oil prices goes down. Oil will continue to go down as it can be made from organic and inorganic ways.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Blue3k(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
quickly:
Look at Kenya.. there Earnings is 50% agric another 50% tourism with a GDP of 53.4 billion dollars

Look at ethopia..there earning from agric is 80% with a GDP 103.1 billion

Etc.. all this non oil producing african countries are doing so well when the oil prices goes down. Oil will continue to go down as it can be made from organic and inorganic ways.

Look at singapore, Honk kong, South Korea, singapore. That do alot of manufacturing. What's your point the potential market for manufactured good among our Ecowas parts leaves billions for us. That's what they mainly import.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by asha80(m): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
DaniDani:
Good one from Hon. Uzor Azubuike. When he lost out from House of Rep and was appointed to head abia ministry of agriculture, I never believed in him. But today, he and the commissioner of Education seems to be the most outstanding commissioners. The multiplier effects will be enormous. The benefits of palm produce is too much, ranging from refined and fractionated vegetable oil, soap making, bakers fat, Pkc animal feeds, shell boiler fuel, etc. Abia State should build Massive Vegetable oil refinery in that place that can compete with power oil, kings oil etc. This is commendable.
what is or has the commissioner of education done ? Just asking

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today / How To Start A Catfish Farming Business / My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.