Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (84460 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Highlander For Volvo XC 90 / Urgent HELP Needed: Transmission Issues For Volvo S80 2.9L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by aezenkwu(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18
Hi guys I want to get volvo xc90 2009

Please whats the issues this car dey get bike before I enter nshi aboki
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Judah95(m): 8:37am On Jan 19
Hello guys!

I'm about to purchase a Volvo XC90 2005 2.5T. is this a good buy, or is there any advice you could render to me please?
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 10:16am On Jan 19
aezenkwu:

There's no known "issues" with the car, it's as reliable as they come. Kindly buy with full confidence πŸ‘πŸΎ
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 10:17am On Jan 19
Judah95:
Hello guys!

I'm about to purchase a Volvo XC90 2005 2.5T. is this a good buy, or is there any advice you could render to me please?

2005 XC90 is an old car, I also assume you're buying Naija used too. The problems you'll encounter will have nothing to do with the car itself but with the maintenance culture of previous owner

Look well before committing unless you're buying toks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by TheLoanGuy: 8:45pm On Jan 20
Volvo XC90 is a solid car damn! Took my 2007 unit that I got as Nigerian used from Valarinz sometime last year to Epe today from the mainland. I was a bit concerned because I had not taken it on such a long distance since I got it but it was just cruising along without any issues to and fro (over 6 hours on the road because of traffic).
Longest trips before this had been to Lafenwa, after Ayobo and Igbogbo, Ikorodu.
It has never disappointed me. I patted the dashboard as I got close to my street today and said "good boy".

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Elxandre(m): 11:07am On Jan 21
TheLoanGuy:
Volvo XC90 is a solid car damn! Took my 2007 unit that I got as Nigerian used from Valarinz sometime last year to Epe today from the mainland. I was a bit concerned because I had not taken it on such a long distance since I got it but it was just cruising along without any issues to and fro (over 6 hours on the road because of traffic).
Longest trips before this had been to Lafenwa, after Ayobo and Igbogbo, Ikorodu.
It has never disappointed me. I patted the dashboard as I got close to my street today and said "good boy".
How is the fuel consumption and maintenance costs sir?
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by gadgetplanetng: 6:12pm On Jan 21
aezenkwu:

This is where I researched before I got mine in 2020.
https://carcomplaints.com/Volvo/XC90/2009/
Put any brand they claim is reliable there and compare the issues.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by TheLoanGuy: 7:39pm On Jan 26
Elxandre:

How is the fuel consumption and maintenance costs sir?
It's actually good for an SUV.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mrkingshok(m): 5:45am On Jan 27
TheLoanGuy:
Volvos are solid unique cars
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mrkingshok(m): 5:47am On Jan 27
The only Volvo cars do get is from the maintenance culture of their owners, and not the cars.

If you must buy a Volvo, make sure to treat it like a German car and it will serve you for a very long time.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Fashdeejay(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18
I need a volvo repair person for my wife's 2012 s80 6 cylinder.... Lekki. Any good referral would be much appreciated, just want to change the bushings and probably the linkage
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:11pm On Feb 18
Fashdeejay:
I need a volvo repair person for my wife's 2012 s80 6 cylinder.... Lekki. Any good referral would be much appreciated, just want to change the bushings and probably the linkage

Call/whatsapp me for referrals
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Gentlerespect76: 4:38pm On Mar 19
Just got myself an S60 Volvo saloon. This is the first time I'll be using a Volvo. I've not even taken delivery as it is still in Abj. But there's a fault with the compressor clutch. Please do I need to change the whole compressor or it's just fine to replace the clutch alone. Again, I will also be grateful if I get contact of reliable Volvo parts sellers in Lagos.

Thanks for your guidance all!

Cc @Valarinz
I will love to contact you directly if I know how. Thanks Sir πŸ™πŸΌ
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Gentlerespect76: 4:52pm On Mar 19
I would love to also be added to the Volvo WhatsApp group, please. This is my number: 08167640893
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:21pm On Mar 19
Gentlerespect76:
Just got myself an S60 Volvo saloon. This is the first time I'll be using a Volvo. I've not even taken delivery as it is still in Abj. But there's a fault with the compressor clutch. Please do I need to change the whole compressor or it's just fine to replace the clutch alone. Again, I will also be grateful if I get contact of reliable Volvo parts sellers in Lagos.

Thanks for your guidance all!

Cc @Valarinz
I will love to contact you directly if I know how. Thanks Sir πŸ™πŸΌ

After you carry my money go give someone else, you now want my help to start fixing it even before arrival?

πŸ™„πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:22pm On Mar 19
Oya call/WhatsApp 07040960681 make I still connect you, you own Volvo you're already my friend grin

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Gentlerespect76: 4:17pm On Mar 20
valarinz:

After you carry my money go give someone else, you now want my help to start fixing it even before arrival?

πŸ™„πŸ™„

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
It's not the end of the road but just the beginning bro! It's a once in 2 or 3 years ritual. Thank God we are connected now. Wait for it.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Gentlerespect76: 4:18pm On Mar 20
valarinz:
Oya call/WhatsApp 07040960681 make I still connect you, you own Volvo you're already my friend grin

Thanks BossπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by jceesquare(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22
valarinz:

πŸ™„πŸ™„
grin grin grin
I stand with you on this comrade πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27
Fashdeejay:
I can handle this, you can call me on zero 8 zero 92757438
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Y1nka(m): 7:11pm On Apr 02
Gentlerespect76:
I would love to also be added to the Volvo WhatsApp group, please. This is my number: 08167640893

Can I be added as well

080 236 77 zero 89
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by ajomo2nde: 8:27am On Apr 09
Me sef won join this Volvo WhatsApp group 0 8 0 5 6 2 4 1 6 7 0
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Ogadeeper(m): 9:04am On Apr 09
Good day, I am a lover of Volvo products plz add me up.......07063458892
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Fashdeejay(m): 1:10am On Apr 26
My wife's 2008 volvo s80 3.2L, recently developed an issue, where while driving, all the warning lights suddenly come on, but the car still drives and moves but once parked and I switch off engine the key fob wont eject and the car wont start, the wipers keep working without me turning them on ... Nothing else works.
its the second time its happened, the first time I tapped the fuse under the glove box compartment(passenger's side). But now that's not working. What can I do? Valarinz O!!!
Abeg anyone with a professional volvo rewire in lekki..... Would ve much appreciated
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 7:18am On Apr 26
Fashdeejay:
My wife's 2008 volvo s80 3.2L, recently developed an issue, where while driving, all the warning lights suddenly come on, but the car still drives and moves but once parked and I switch off engine the key fob wont eject and the car wont start, the wipers keep working without me turning them on ... Nothing else works.
its the second time its happened, the first time I tapped the fuse under the glove box compartment(passenger's side). But now that's not working. What can I do? Valarinz O!!!
Abeg anyone with a professional volvo rewire in lekki..... Would ve much appreciated

Call/WhatsApp ✌🏾

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) / What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.