Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today (25269 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Her World Bank Colleagues at COP22 Morrocco / Tinubu Saga : Buhari Meets With John Oyegun In Aso Rock Today(photos) / Police Stop #BringBackOurgirls# Group From Entering Aso Rock Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
victorvezx:
What the hell is the king wearing? Shey na rain coat?
His A king Na. That Is How A King Dress In Morrocco
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by oba2flex(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
victorvezx:
What the hell is the king wearing? Shey na rain coat?
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by tolor: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
naptu2:

Right to left: Buhari's ADC, the king's Moroccan ADC, the king's Nigerian ADC. (Buhari's ADC wasn't "benched", it's just the angle at which the picture was taken).

In the past we only provided ADCs to visiting heads of state that do not bring their own ADCs, but in recent times that has changed, sometimes creating confusion between the visiting ADC and the ADC provided by the Nigerian Army.

I don't know how many times the two countries have exchanged visits, but the king has been here before. His father, King Hassan II sent him to deliver a letter to President Shagari in 1980.

I suspect that one of the reasons the King is here is to lobby for support on the question of Western Sahara (aka Sahrawi Republic).

(What I'm about to write is taken straight from my memory, so you should cross check to see if there are any errors) Western Sahara was colonised by Spain, but the Spaniards withdrew from the territory in the 1970s. Morocco then invaded the place and claimed it for itself. However, the people of Western Sahara wanted to govern themselves, so they fought a long war of independence with Morocco. The Organisation of African Unity (OAU, now AU) declared that the Western Saharans should be allowed to decide if they want to rule themselves (via a referendum). Morocco left the OAU as a result of this resolution. Since then there has been both a military and propaganda war between the two sides.

Representatives of the Sahrawi Republic recently met President Buhari and the president restated Nigeria's long held view that the people of Sahrawi Republic should be allowed to decide what they want for themselves.

Thanks so much. But do you think it's a wise thing for the President to be lending his voice to various movements like this {Sahrawi/Palestine] knowing that he has has something similar in his own backyard that he has consistently rejected.

I remember that one of the few times that the Soviets and Americans came together during the peak of the cold war was during the Nigeria civil war and the Soviets participation was to send a strong message to the secessionists group within them. Also China in her usual neither-for-nor-against stance stayed away from issues like this because of the Tibetian issue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Princewell2012(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Damibiz:
Una way de complain say PMB de dress any hw,una see dat rain coat way king of Moroco wear baa ?

Hmmm it might be a bullet proof wear. Just my thought.
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Princewell2012(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
DrObum:
Go see psychiatrist joor!

You took those words from me. I doubt if that guy is ok.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Heesmarheel(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Damibiz post=51574612]Una way de complain say PMB de dress any hw,una see dat rain coat way king of Moroco wear baa ?[/quote hahahahaha. raincoat indeed
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
aminulive:
Moroccan King visits Nigeria's president

To hold bi-lateral talks

King's visit long awaited

President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, received the King of Morocco, his majesty, Mohammed VI, at the State house in Abuja. Both leaders are expected to hold bilateral talks and discuss relations between both countries.

While speaking at the Climate Conference, COP22, last month, Buhari praised the Moroccan government by saying that he was warmly welcomed. He has since been expecting the king's visit to Nigeria.

Buhari and the monarch will also discuss Nigeria's stance on the Western Sahara as it is common knowledge that the country is a firm supporter of Polisario and recognizes the self-proclaimed Sarahawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR). The Sokoto state agriculture and solar energy collaboration with Abuja and Rabat will also be debated on.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-president-buhari-receives-king-morroco/
... The same king that embarrassed GEJ by causing a diplomatic row between Nigeria and Morocco which APC propaganda machinery capitalizes on to ridiculed Gej then? This is nothing but a "political visit" to tell PMB that I helped you to win the last election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Visits Seplat Gigantic ANOH Gas Development Project (Photos) / Fayose Berates 7 Northern Governors For Endorsing Buhari For 2019 / Again, 50 Cows Die Mysteriously In Ondo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.