Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today (25262 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Her World Bank Colleagues at COP22 Morrocco / Tinubu Saga : Buhari Meets With John Oyegun In Aso Rock Today(photos) / Police Stop #BringBackOurgirls# Group From Entering Aso Rock Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by aminulive: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
Moroccan King visits Nigeria's president

To hold bi-lateral talks

King's visit long awaited

President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, received the King of Morocco, his majesty, Mohammed VI, at the State house in Abuja. Both leaders are expected to hold bilateral talks and discuss relations between both countries.

While speaking at the Climate Conference, COP22, last month, Buhari praised the Moroccan government by saying that he was warmly welcomed. He has since been expecting the king's visit to Nigeria.

Buhari and the monarch will also discuss Nigeria's stance on the Western Sahara as it is common knowledge that the country is a firm supporter of Polisario and recognizes the self-proclaimed Sarahawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR). The Sokoto state agriculture and solar energy collaboration with Abuja and Rabat will also be debated on.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-president-buhari-receives-king-morroco/

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by victorvezx(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
What the hell is the king wearing? Shey na rain coat?

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by tolor: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
@naptu , why did they bench our ADC in the first picture?

what are the functions of the two ADC's of the Moroccan monarch?
How many times have the two countries exchange visits in the past?

What is the importance of this visit?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Damibiz(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Una way de complain say PMB de dress any hw,una see dat rain coat way king of Moroco wear baa ?

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by realone2012: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Let's hope this yields positive results.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by realone2012: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Damibiz:
Una way de complain say PMB de dress any hw,una see dat rain coat way king of Moroco wear baa ?
You People Will not kill us. Rain coat hahaaaaa!
That clothe fit cost pass PMB own sef

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
The Sokoto state agriculture and solar energy collaboration with Abuja and Rabat will also be debated on.

That is the most important part of the visit.

Morocco has made great advances in solar power.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by henrydadon(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
sad
looks diplomatic enough..buhari seem to be working hard with no evident result.. sad..it really strange..is there something he isnt doing right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by wayitis: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
I just remembered the unnecessary and violent anger this king showed towards GEJ. now the picture is getting clearer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by henrydadon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
GeraldBG:
lol.. Designer raincoat
grin

but why are you like this nah..designer raincoat grin..hahahaha..una go kill person

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by lawal28c: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nairalanders witf useless comments.person wear yellow yellow jallabiya u dey say na rain coat
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by bankyblue(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
SO? SHOULD THAT BE A NEWS?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by eleko1: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin I come here to laugh.clowns and jesters full ground here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Demmzy15(m): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
ademusiwa2z:
shocked
[s]it is considered illegal. it is considered disrespectful.
because Mr osibanjo is not a member of the royal family. Mr Osibanjo is involve in fraud. the APC is involve in fraud.
I have met the king of Morocco before. the king of morroco came to see me before. because his father would have told him who I am, so he came to canada.
that why they said, you are corrupt. because Osibanjo and Obasanjo knew, those people were involve in attempted assassination. knew those who stole my things in canada. The man involve is related to mr obasanjo friend.
And they were involve in my attempted assassination. it looks like Osibanjo and obasanjo were involve in my attempted assassination..
the assassinator family member is with mr obasanjo/osibanjo in this picture.
all because of money. I have reported the event to the police.
His Royal Highness
Emperor Adesegun adekoluejo Aderibigbe Adeuga Ademusiwa
King of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8S8y_9AOQ[/s]
Ode!!!! angry

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by victorvezx(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
ademusiwa2z:
shocked

[size=28pt]it is considered illegal. it is considered disrespectful.

because Mr osibanjo is not a member of the royal family. Mr Osibanjo is involve in fraud. the APC is involve in fraud.

I have met the king of Morocco before. the king of morroco came to see me before. because his father would have told him who I am, so he came to canada.

that why they said, you are corrupt. because Osibanjo and Obasanjo knew, those people were involve in attempted assassination. knew those who stole my things in canada. The man involve is related to mr obasanjo friend.

And they were involve in my attempted assassination. it looks like Osibanjo and obasanjo were involve in my attempted assassination..

His Royal Highness

King of Nigeria
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8S8y_9AOQ

What is this one even saying sef?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by rickie4us(m): 4:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
nice one
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by themosthigh: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
I think ademisiwa is right
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Damibiz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
U too check an na...more like a rain coat
realone2012:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by seunny4lif(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This guy no dey taya grin grin grin grin grin
ademusiwa2z:
shocked

His Royal Highness

King of Nigeria
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by totorimi: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
We need a youthful leader thats all no more parading of dead woods. Enough of inefficiency in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by DrObum(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
ademusiwa2z:
shocked

His Royal Highness

King of Nigeria
[/size]

Go see psychiatrist joor!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:
sad
looks diplomatic enough..buhari seem to be working hard with no evident result.. sad..it really strange..is there something he isnt doing right?

What he is doing will take time to show. A lot of work in power is undermined by the ND militants sabotage of gas pipelines. While the largest amounts of dollars and the ability to soak up dollars is in the hands of the wrong people - and the word "wrong" is an understatement.

Where my personal fears lie is whether he can be radical enough to take necessary steps. Nigeria's ruling elite generally lack the " rebel" nature necessary to address core issues. They tip toe around them. Even if they are willing, the power o vested interests is huge and they surround every President.

Five simple steps to break the logjam. 1 redenominate the naira 2. Change the currency design 3. Allow states and ministries receive their allocation of dollars 4. Free float the dollar 5. Remove the 41 restricted items. Steps 1 and 2 will smoke out stolen funds from soak aways and forests while steps 3, 4 and 5 will strengthen the naira to dollar rate.

My one kobo's worth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by henrydadon(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
greenpasture:

What he is doing will take time to show. A lot of work in power is undermined by the ND militants sabotage of gas pipelines. While the largest amounts of dollars and the ability to soak up dollars is in the hands of the wrong people - and the word "wrong" is an understatement.

Where my personal fears lie is whether he can be radical enough to take necessary steps. Nigeria's ruling elite generally lack the " rebel" nature necessary to address core issues. They tip toe around them. Even if they are willing, the power o vested interests is huge and they surround every President.

Five simple steps to break the logjam. 1 redenominate the naira 2. Change the currency design 3. Allow states and ministries receive their allocation of dollars 4. Free float the dollar 5. Remove the 41 restricted items. Steps 1 and 2 will smoke out stolen funds from soak aways and forests while steps 3, 4 and 5 will strengthen the naira to dollar rate.

My one kobo's worth
" Change the currency design "..how does changing the currency design help improve our economy?
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Lanretoye(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
he came for zahra's wedding,which one be bilateral talks.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by naptu2: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
tolor:
@naptu , why did they bench our ADC in the first picture?

what are the functions of the two ADC's of the Moroccan monarch?
How many times have the two countries exchange visits in the past?

What is the importance of this visit?

Right to left: Buhari's ADC, the king's Moroccan ADC, the king's Nigerian ADC. (Buhari's ADC wasn't "benched", it's just the angle at which the picture was taken).

In the past we only provided ADCs to visiting heads of state that do not bring their own ADCs, but in recent times that has changed, sometimes creating confusion between the visiting ADC and the ADC provided by the Nigerian Army.

I don't know how many times the two countries have exchanged visits, but the king has been here before. His father, King Hassan II sent him to deliver a letter to President Shagari in 1980.

I suspect that one of the reasons the King is here is to lobby for support on the question of Western Sahara (aka Sahrawi Republic).

(What I'm about to write is taken straight from my memory, so you should cross check to see if there are any errors) Western Sahara was colonised by Spain, but the Spaniards withdrew from the territory in the 1970s. Morocco then invaded the place and claimed it for itself. However, the people of Western Sahara wanted to govern themselves, so they fought a long war of independence with Morocco. The Organisation of African Unity (OAU, now AU) declared that the Western Saharans should be allowed to decide if they want to rule themselves (via a referendum). Morocco left the OAU as a result of this resolution. Since then there has been both a military and propaganda war between the two sides.

Representatives of the Sahrawi Republic recently met President Buhari and the president restated Nigeria's long held view that the people of Sahrawi Republic should be allowed to decide what they want for themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by klarke(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
ademusiwa2z:
shocked
it is considered illegal. it is considered disrespectful.

because Mr osibanjo is not a member of the royal family. Mr Osibanjo is involve in fraud. the APC is involve in fraud........

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by valJR(m): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
realone2012:

abeggy jare
Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by tola9ja: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
[size=21pt]i believe Nigeria will be great B4 2019[/size]

Re: Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:

" Change the currency design "..how does changing the currency design help improve our economy?

Simple. Naira funds outside the banking system - hidden in various houses, dry sewers will be drawn into the system. Allowing CBN understand and managing money supply. It also reduces pressure on the naira because it is these ex- system funds that are pushing up demand for dollar. Formal dollar demand can never push the naira down to 480 plus. It's impossible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celebration In Ogun Over Dapo Abiodun Victory - Photos / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... / Anti-saraki Senators Demand Ekweremadu’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.