Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,095 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. (3909 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Do You Think The World Would Ever End / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by jonbellion(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2016

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by felixomor: 5:35am On Dec 03, 2016
Once again, an atheist exposes the final destination of atheism.
A void life leading to suicidal tendencies, playing itself out while the devil makes mockery of men who willingly invited the dark by excluding God's light.

Lord, have mercy on your people. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by modsmustdie: 6:06am On Dec 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

This is the reason why we keep asking you to accept Jesus in your life, so you can discover your purpose in life, and know that there is more to life than what meets the eye...

Please consider giving that option a try.

NO NO NO... It seems the so called holy spirit filled churchy people misunderstood the OP.... this is not about atheism or God...

... this is about the vanity of life, the undue suffering people go through because of meaningless life....most people go through a lot to survive life especially the UNLUCKY people of this world...., even animals and other things...

The holy ghost/spirit churchy people should know that there are many VICTIMS of life...and most often life doesn't worth the pain people go through living it...

Bringing God into the equation even makes matter worse, as MOST people can only see UNMERCIFUL, UNFORGIVING, WICKED AND PARTIAL MONSTER WHO CARED FOR ONLY SELECTED FEW...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Immorttal: 6:19am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Going extinct is the best solution. Even if we decide to delude ourselves into thinking there is beauty in life, while ignoring the ugliness and pain and uncertainties, let's not bring children into this mess.

You don't have to pigeon-hole yourself into unnecessary label boxes to make accurate extrapolations about the true nature of your world. I really hate these labels you guys adopt. You don't need to define yourself by any label in other to think rationally and precisely evaluate ideas.
when you ponder the meaning of life you,ll think it has no meaning and rightly so from rational viewpoint it didn't have any meaning. but what if you are yet to realise the true meaning of life? Christians derive meaning in living just to die, be judged and inherit heaven or be damned forever in hellfire which to me is nonsensical and absurd!!! i will rather abide by your own unfounded ideology than rope the meaning of life around vague Christian perspective. people are surprised you wrote this but refuse to acknowledge the fact that its the reality. lastly, because you are yet to discover the meaning of life, do not write this kinda topic again because people even your Atheist friend will start distancing themselves from you and their family. what if i tell you that you choose to come here to experience life in this dimension, would you believe me?
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by dalaman: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2016
Your views are extreme and don't make any sense I must say.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by jonbellion(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2016
Maaaan Grizzly you need to chill yo shocked
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by jonbellion(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Writing this isn't a privilege. And I wish they had not procreated me in the first place. Why would I wish any different?

If I had this level of understanding I have now as a baby in the womb, I would have strangled myself with my mum's placenta.
shocked
Wait what

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by jonbellion(m): 7:04am On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:
too extreme
Too too extreme
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2016
HCpaul:

Best advice ever....

I comprehend with the guys perspectives but dudes above me kept on misapprehending his views.
But instead of ending it all, I think that we should rather take responsibility in providing solution to this mess. At least, humanity have been prolonging life via artificial means. Am seeing the possibility of extending it beyond present limits and that is if we take up the responsibility. Let's keep procreating cuz if we end it just like that what will be the fate of the unintelligent and uncaring universe when intelligent being like man has been wiped off

What present limits? Any extension of life beyond the limit it already is, is a greedy decision that would only lead to more suffering and the presence of more humans on a planet that's doesn't have sufficient resources to cater for everyone.

The existence of humans on the so called unintelligent and uncaring universe doesn't add or take from it. If the human race stopped existing, it would still be the way it is. It's not like it cares about us anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

Explain to me how they don't make sense, if you don't mind.

Why do you think you should procreate? Give me one tenable reason that doesn't reek of selfishness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2016
Immorttal:
when you ponder the meaning of life you,ll think it has no meaning and rightly so from rational viewpoint it didn't have any meaning. but what if you are yet to realise the true meaning of life? Christians derive meaning in living just to die, be judged and inherit heaven or be damned forever in hellfire which to me is nonsensical and absurd!!! i will rather abide by your own unfounded ideology than rope the meaning of life around vague Christian perspective. people are surprised you wrote this but refuse to acknowledge the fact that its the reality. lastly, because you are yet to discover the meaning of life, do not write this kinda topic again because people even your Atheist friend will start distancing themselves from you and their family. what if i tell you that you choose to come here to experience life in this dimension, would you believe me?

This thread isn't about the meaning of life. It's about the futility and banality of it, and the ever present theme of suffering and horrifying uncertainty that outweighs the happiness and the foolishness of deciding to have kids despite all this.

Whether it's this dimension or other dimensions, we all are still faced with the same issue of futility, banality and ever present theme of pain, suffering and horrifying uncertainty that trumps the ephemeral happiness and gratification we derive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Immorttal: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

This thread isn't about the meaning of life. It's about the futility and banality of it, and the ever present theme of suffering and horrifying uncertainty that outweighs the happiness and the foolishness of deciding to have kids despite all this.

Whether it's this dimension or other dimensions, we all are still faced with the same issue of futility, banality and ever present theme of pain, suffering and horrifying uncertainty that trumps the ephemeral happiness and gratification we derive.
i think you misinterpreted me. Read my comments again
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by dalaman: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Explain to me how they don't make sense, if you don't mind.

Why do you think you should procreate? Give me one tenable reason that doesn't reek of selfishness.

For the continuation of the human race because life is good.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Immorttal:
i think you misinterpreted me. Read my comments again

Mr Grizzly are you married?
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by dalaman: 7:37am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

There is lots of happiness and joy associated with life as well. My happiness is much more than my pains and sorrow as such I feel life is good and very much worth living. For others it might not be the same but there are so maNY like me whose happiness is much more than their pain.

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

For the continuation of the human race because life is good.

How is life good? What's good about it? Is it the constant, unending struggle for survival? Is it the diseases, death and the sufferings of millions of people? Is it the fact that everyone you know and love would die, probably early on in life? Is it the hanging thread of uncertainty we have to live with all our lives? Is it the fact that we possess empathy and we can understand the pain of others and affectively experience it? Is it the fact that innocent people die everyday, in horrendous fashion, and more would die today, and tomorrow, and the next, and these people have those who love and care about them? Is it the fact that we live in a society that's built to favor a small percentage of people while the majority are used as toys, to laboriously do all the work for these people, while being made to believe in the illusion of success? Is it the strong probability of large scales wars in the future that would lead to the death of millions of people? What's really good about life? Look through history. The story of humanity has been one of genocides, slavery, oppression, wars, religious killings, disease outbreaks, the death of humans by their own creations, like cars, planes, ships and trains. What's the goodness in all of this? And what's funny is that most of these are still happening currently and would happen in the future.

Because you think life is good for you, maybe due to your own subjective experience, illusory perception and denial of reality, doesn't mean it's good for every other person, and doesn't give you the right to force someone into it. Statements like yours shows a complete lack of empathy and the inability to care about the suffering of other humans. Comments like yours is what's bad about the world.

Life is anything but good. It's unfair and wicked. And it's foolish, selfish and immoral for conscious, intelligent creatures like us who have the ability to see through life's grim cloud, to keep on breeding.

The continuity of the human race is only going to lead to more suffering and death.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

Mr Grizzly are you married?
No.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 7:54am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

No.
ok. Do you plan to?
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

What's not serious about my post? You haven't said anything to counter the points raised.

This is the reason why we keep asking you to accept Jesus in your life, so you can discover your purpose in life, and know that there is more to life than what meets the eye...

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by bennyann: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2016
Can someone tell me what this is doing in the religion section?

GrixzlyBear, what you just found out through your write up is The Main Objective of Atheism.

You've done well in that. Kudos to you.

Seun, religion is about the importance of life. I felt I should school you since you guys are confused about the section you belong.

Confused set of humans.

Anyway, you can't think of ending lives if you can't create one. Try creating one first before thinking conclusively along that line. Thank you.

Modified:

Almost like Solomon, you thought and thought and thought and thought then the product result was hopelessness, emptiness, lifelessness, nothingness. You came to the same conclusion that all is vanity.

Even Solomon in all his wisdom didn't give an end to life as the solution.

You've gotten to a point where you should know life is nothing without God. Everything is vanity without Him.

If at this point you don't recognize God then be very careful not to let the emptiness take over you. Because you'll have nothing else to offer others.

Another advise, I know you didn't say you want to end your life but please don't take your life and don't abort babies just in case because their lives and your life is not yours. Lives don't belong to you for you to come up with such conclusion.

You only have the right to say the human race shouldn't be a continuous one if only you can give life to one yourself.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

ok. Do you plan to?

If I find someone I love and who loves we equally, and who I am compatible with, which includes sharing my sentiments and philosophical ideologies, then yes I would marry her, but I'm definitely not having kids with her.

3 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Immorttal: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

this is illusion, I hope you are aware.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

If I find someone I love and who loves we equally, and who I am compatible with, which includes sharing my sentiments and philosophical ideologies, then yes I would marry her, but I'm definitely not having kids with her.

You do have a very high requirement for a wife. Any woman who would share your sentiments would never desire love. But you mentioned love.

What do you think is the purpose of love and why do we even feel a need to love and be loved back just like you mentioned?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Immorttal: 8:10am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

i used to have your ideology, even to the extent of not having kids i prefered to adopt from the unfortunate suffering kids out there than breeding and subjecting more into this torture chamber called life. But your perception would change with age, not that you'll eventually drift from this concept but you'll figure out a way to live with it. Do you know why the occultic men behave odd and eccentric? Because they,d discovered some hidden truth concealed from the common man. shield yourself or knowledge would come back to spite you and the sons of men would consider you demented and eccentric.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by MrMontella(m): 8:12am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Going extinct is the best solution. Even if we decide to delude ourselves into thinking there is beauty in life, while ignoring the ugliness and pain and uncertainties, let's not bring children into this mess.

You don't have to pigeon-hole yourself into unnecessary label boxes to make accurate extrapolations about the true nature of your world. I really hate these labels you guys adopt. You don't need to define yourself by any label in other to think rationally and precisely evaluate ideas.
the ultimate goal in life is survival..
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Oh no. Not this nonsense again. I have a thousand arguments against your God. I have hundred arguments against the validity of religion and I have a slew of arguments against Christianity. Also I presented arguments against Christianity's belief in Jesus on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3462473/jesus-son-god-promised-messiah

So please just stop. I won't believe in fairy tales to make myself feel better. I am not 5.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

You do have a very high requirement for a wife. Any woman who would share your sentiments would never desire love. But you mentioned love.

What do you think is the purpose of love and why do we even feel a need to love and be loved back just like you mentioned?

Well, basically, we evolved love to help us procreate better and help raise children.

I don't feel a need to be loved back. But it's no point deciding to get married to someone who doesn't love me. It would be a stressful and unsatisfying experience.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Well, basically, we evolved love to help us procreate.

I don't feel a need to be loved back. But it's no point deciding to get married to someone who doesn't love me. It would be a stressful and unsatisfying experience.

So where do compassion and sacrifice and care fit in if all we are Is just to procreate? Are we Rabbits? Even those care and have compassion.

What do you think makes a lioness go hunting for the sake of keeping her cubs alive? what do you think makes a bird leave its nest regularly to look for food for her chicks? what do you think makes a mother hen overly protective of her brood?

You know depression is a real issue and you just may be going through that phase. Would you watch a kid get run over by a car if you could save him? Would you stand by and watch someone poison another when you could avert it?

pls answer
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

So where do compassion and sacrifice and care fit in if all we are Is just to procreate? Are we Rabbits? Even those care and have compassion.

What do you think makes a lioness go hunting for the sake of keeping her cubs alive? what do you think makes a bird leave its nest regularly to look for food for her chicks? what do you think makes a mother hen overly protective of her brood?

You know depression is a real issue and you just may be going through that phase. Would you watch a kid get run over by a car if you could save him? Would you stand by and watch someone poison another when you could avert it?

pls answer

I don't see what you are driving at with these questions. And no offense, but your questions are a bit silly and disjointed. What's your point actually?

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 8:38am On Dec 03, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I don't see what you are driving at with these questions. And no offense, but your questions are a bit silly and disjointed. What's your point actually?

Since you feel my questions are silly its ok. Enjoy your life as bleak as it may look to you. cheers

You seem to have a wrong assumption that you are special and what you are experiencing is perculiar to you.

I am married with kids and was once on this road you are now and here I am trying to converse with you and open you up in ways you probably are afraid of and you just confirmed it by shooting me down as I got too close for comfort.

Do you wish to live and die alone? Do so but keep your personal diary to yourself since you do not wish to hear anyone elses opinion
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

Since you feel my questions are silly its ok. Enjoy your life as bleak as it may look to you. cheers

I didn't mean that as an insult. Sorry if you perceived it as such. I was just being honest. You didn't make any point. You were just asking me incoherent questions that although had valid answers were a bit disjointed.

How does the questions you asked refute the premise of my thread?

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 03, 2016
availableisme:

You seem to have a wrong assumption that you are special and what you are experiencing is perculiar to you.

I am married with kids and was once on this road you are now and here I am trying to converse with you and open you up in ways you probably are afraid of and you just confirmed it by shooting me down as I got too close for comfort.

Do you wish to live and die alone? Do so but keep your personal diary to yourself since you do not wish to hear anyone elses opinion

Where did I say I was special or had unique experiences?

Great. So why did you decide to have kids?

No, actually you didn't try to converse with me. You were just asking me disjointed questions without making any salient point, and then went on to say that I was depressed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome : Partakers Of A Glorious Inheritance / A Random Question For The Atheists / The Righteous Pastors In Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.