Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Resigned After 2 Days, See Why - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why (36186 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Shakitibob0: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
B4bestbrain:
Worked under Lebanese and Indians (terrible human beings!). Though There are very few good ones among them (very few, i said) (one out of 150). Théy illegally bring their illiterate brothers, place them ahead of u while u teach them English and on-the-job-training. This happens mostly when they discover that u don't know your right and that is one of thé reasons they go for cheap labour, but are scared of d wise ones; rather they fake friendship with thèm (d wise) in order to achieve their aim. Thé worst is that our regulatory bodies are not helping matters, instead they prefer to reach an agreement of monthly payment/allowance from them and disgracefully dance to their tune. Qualified undergraduate applicants will be wasting their little resources sending applications, coming and calling for reply. Meanwhile thèse officials will be bringing their wards & g/friends through thé back door every now and then. An official document that u have been battling going through processes for months to get, will fly down in a well-packaged envelope to them (with thank you sir) after a minute call. Our girls are another set of disgrâce to us before thèse people (topic 4 another day).
We need a génération of sane & conscientised minds to tackle thèse things. My prayer everday!
it appears you have got tones of experience working with these people
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Shakitibob0: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
kilonso001:
When u hear of protea hotel kuramo waters, please take off. Its better to be a slave in Egypt under pharaoh than to work there.
my belle wan burst.. Very funny

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Sleekbabz(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chanchit:
I remember when i just finished secondary school, I really wanted to work. I got a job at one hair attachnent factory,I was happy when I was posted to a section where the cut papers, those cardboards that has the female models, they told me my job discriptions, part of it was to carry cardboard, easy abi? mehn, before i could carry the whole cardboard to the machine, like three bar don miss from my life span. It was then I looked around, the guys on the job are hefty guys, the machine started looking as if it eould cut my hand. Na so I just step out as if I want to ease my self, I washed my face and the next place I found my self was home, yh, I just resigned under 30mins, I know Im lazy, thank you.

Fagba road sheyy grin
Chanchit:
I remember when i just finished secondary school, I really wanted to work. I got a job at one hair attachnent factory,I was happy when I was posted to a section where the cut papers, those cardboards that has the female models, they told me my job discriptions, part of it was to carry cardboard, easy abi? mehn, before i could carry the whole cardboard to the machine, like three bar don miss from my life span. It was then I looked around, the guys on the job are hefty guys, the machine started looking as if it eould cut my hand. Na so I just step out as if I want to ease my self, I washed my face and the next place I found my self was home, yh, I just resigned under 30mins, I know Im lazy, thank you.

Fagba road sheyy

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by jabojafa(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Dats why i like arab countries, they will stage a protest but here in naija we are all cowards, imagine somebody here requesting for the coy so dat he will apply. IF WE STAGE A PROTEST I WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE TO SHOW UP
yeah, i think the sooner we Nigerians did something the better for us. Imagine a certain state govt sending its agents to go round private schs with pics of ppl who were praying becos d he (d governor) refused to honour deir appointment as teacher frm d last administration and they took him to court for terminating their appointment.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Bishops10(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
sunshine46:
Mehn! ItKs appalling
very very
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
badooo:
ison bpo... that's modern slavery... and who dis gossip heart comparing usa working condition with 9ja... u must b a learner

No you're the learner. Why do y'all always think the grass is greener on the other side? The capitalist agenda is to maximise profit and incur a minimal cost while at it, without recourse to the comfort and safety of employees.

Read up the story of former amazon employee who happens to be a college graduate, who would rather remain homeless than work for amazon. Just for perspectives, it is better to be homeless in Nigeria than in N. America with sub-zero temperatures in the winter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2014/nov/28/being-homeless-is-better-than-working-for-amazon?client=ms-android-verizon
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
beegameh:
. I still do. As I speak I hav not being paid wages fr last mnth. I even work on sundays at times. Were anoda job wey I go resign now
I understand your situation, don't worry,its well
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Dis ya moniker sef grin But on a more serious note why can't these workers unionise? No employer can stop his workers from forming unions to protect their rights. It's enshrined in Nigeria's constitution.
Ah! Oga mi sir, Nigerian constitution begins and Ends wit govt workers alone! In private coy they never allow you to form union and if you run and leave ur 7months salary, it is gone 4 life! Dey hay done so to me in four places so d next job i get I wil shine my eyes. You can imagin, I worked for a coy as power tech, you know the heavy duty engines that i service and carry under many months of empty stomach yet they stil owe many months n frustrate u to run and live the money. Welcome to Nigerians' labor jungle.

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
ikp120:

Bro why did you say so?
used to work there.....no rest of mind amongst other atrocities
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by deriod(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Onegai:
Stop waiting for NLC to fight for you. Nothing stops you guys from organising a protest. You will be surprised at the outcome. Don't march against one particular company, organise 1000 people here to show up on a particular day to protest poor working conditions in general. Blogs will cover the story, at least one news crew will show up. Make it a general complaint but mention no names of any company: poor working conditions, no overtime pay, salary deductions and mention how foreigners seem to doing it the most. All you need is a few of you to organise everyone else and give the interviews. Do you know how many journalists are looking for stories to sell to international news sites? That is how to become a Labour leader. You really think NPF will show up against a huge crowd somewhere in Lagos and be shooting you guys? Govt leaders will stylishly try and join your protest to advance their agenda, they are looking to scoring populist votes. This means your safety is assured. Unlike religious and secessation protests.

Use the tools you have to do more than insult the govt ineffectually and talking about celebrities.
this companies have police to protect them

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by ikp120(m): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
cummando:
used to work there.....no rest of mind amongst other atrocities
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by sunboy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
calabaman:
I remember ISON BPO / CNSSL
CNSSL, take cover!

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
are those companies batle war front?
nawao4dis ur question... Those places harbour criminals, thieves. Dey wil ruin a young chaps' career + destiny. If u dont belive go and work there. First hand Expirence may be a best teacher
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by ephi123(f): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
Really sad to see what people are going through.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emynike2001(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Naff24:
Exactly what am feeling and going through right now, its as if this thread is meant for me, right now I feel like resigning with immediate effect.
I am d only worker that sits from morning till evening without resting a bit, Mondays to Saturdays, yet the only way Director can pay you back is to rubbish your hardwork and jeopardized your efforts.
I have cried my eyes out several times yet nothing can be done than to resign, I am tired!!

I would have love to resign but I stays in Staff Quarters in which our rents are being deducts from our salaries. If I should resign now, I will have to evacuate the house and my rent will due by March.
Pls what do I do to ease this pain and have happiness? cry cry cry
THIS IS ADVANCED SLAVERY, once they have succeeded in giving u accommodation, then u are DONE. OPERATION DELIVER YOURSELF.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nuesbab: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
CyberStalking:

thank God u tookoff fast. Pls mention the name of the company to save the younger ones the stress.
And for all those still comming behind. If you hear: BOND CHEMICALS Oyo & AFRICAN MARITIME ACADEMY Oyo & PRISM STEEL ROLLING MILL Ikirun
Pls run as fast as you can & take cover

Are sure Bond chemical is a bad place to work? I know people that have worked there before, that told me they don't owe salary and working hours is not bad. Can you be more specific as per why you said one should run from Bond chemical.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by bastien: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
posh8701
I guess na hotel u work, at jakaden side?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emynike2001(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chanchit:
I don laugh so tare tears dey comot for my eyes, o boy thank God say d whole bars for your life no comot. U JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE, from occupational HARZARD.

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
CyberStalking:
nawao4dis ur question... Those places harbour criminals, thieves. Dey wil ruin a young chaps' career + destiny. If u dont belive go and work there. First hand Expirence may be a best teacher
lol, i understand, i asked because it look funny to me the way u say run take cover, those are comanders words to his boys in batle field
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Shakitibob0:
did you learn much about this business before you left there?
Not much. I actually wish I stayed longer because I just went back to idling around.

But I know our suppliers were several small scale farmers and their products were tagged. We took the beans (we did french beans, snap and snow peas, etc) that were straight and perfect, cut to perfect size and packed. Then weighed and made record of the waste and specific farmers. I think the waste was returned to the farmers and sold locally. They were exported to Europe by plane.

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Artistree: 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
Naff24:
Exactly what am feeling and going through right now, its as if this thread is meant for me, right now I feel like resigning with immediate effect.
I am d only worker that sits from morning till evening without resting a bit, Mondays to Saturdays, yet the only way Director can pay you back is to rubbish your hardwork and jeopardized your efforts.
I have cried my eyes out several times yet nothing can be done than to resign, I am tired!!

I would have love to resign but I stays in Staff Quarters in which our rents are being deducts from our salaries. If I should resign now, I will have to evacuate the house and my rent will due by March.
Resign...improve on your English...get another job!
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
Naff24:

Never resign without another job to go to. It's easier to find one while still working.

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by banio: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
It is the government fault. We lack laws and even wen we have, we lack enforcement in Nigeria. Virtually all companies take advantage of workers. Even oil multinationals, banks etc. Our government is our problem

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by confluence: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
@Muafrika2,
This happened in Nigeria or Kenya ?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
confluence:
@Muafrika2,
This happened in Nigeria or Kenya ?
Kenya
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by rusher14: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
Berrypie:
This is what the Country has caused. I have heard so much about these Lebanese employers taking advantage of Nigerians. What is the job of the NLC if I may ask?

To instigate public protests when there's an increase in pump price so the top hierarchy can be settled with Ghana must go.

Other times, when a non- performing governmental agency such as NITEL is to be sold they make noise because incompetent and highly corrupt individuals would be losing their cash cows. The rest of us Nigerians depending on our political leanings would try to lend our voice their cry.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Naff24(f): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

Never resign without another job to go to. It's easier to find one while still working.
Beni, that's why I still hold onto this....

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by ORI1(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
kilonso001:
When u hear of protea hotel kuramo waters, please take off. Its better to be a slave in Egypt under pharaoh than to work there.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,lwkmd .Guy why,u wan kill me with laff
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Tomasboy(m): 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
CyberStalking:

thank God u tookoff fast. Pls mention the name of the company to save the younger ones the stress.
And for all those still comming behind. If you hear: BOND CHEMICALS Oyo & AFRICAN MARITIME ACADEMY Oyo & PRISM STEEL ROLLING MILL Ikirun
Pls run as fast as you can & take cover
this guy Sabi ikirun steel rolling wahala sha cheesy . . Experience I think grin

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emmanuelbrown26: 1:59am On Dec 04, 2016
posh8701:
Exactly my thoughts, why are people so scared in this country, we need to enforce change, cowards everywhere
before we see a real change there must a sacrifice, we are good in ranting online, but action is zero. I wish a day will come when our citizens will stand and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emmanuelbrown26: 2:01am On Dec 04, 2016
posh8701:
You know why the Nigerian managers enslave people? such companies have very wicked strategies, they pay a few top executives well with better conditions of service and use them to enslave the others.
u are right, even where i work mehnn they enslave staff to the extend that they staff always see me as their saviour bcs some of the coy terms i dont like it
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emmanuelbrown26: 2:02am On Dec 04, 2016
TheVictorious:

A FRIEND OF MINE ONCE TOLD ME OF HOW HE ONCE CHALLENGED HIS LEBANESE BOSS FOR POOR WORKING CONDITION OF THEIR WORKERS AND HIS FELLOW NIGERIANS WORKING THERE IMMEDIATELY ROSE UP TO CHALLENGE HIM, TO GAIN FAVOUR FROM THEIR BOSS!
We are our own enemies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

His Experience With Female Banker(marketer) / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.