Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? (664 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / UK Police Spotted At Abuja House As Nigerians Prepare For All Night Protest.PICS / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? by RosaConsidine: 1:37am On Dec 03, 2016
So tonight, I was already getting bored of surfing the web (I mean, there’s only so much Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland and Instagram you can take before you want to shut down your account and move to the Himalayas) so I decided to do something I sometimes do when I’m online and bored and don’t want to go to bed just yet – read online news.

No, not the Nigerian version – Nigerian online news writers are terrible; just like

Nigerian football commentators. They don’t give any details, they’re completely vague and it’s obvious they would rather be doing something else. Instead I read the CNNs, the BBCs, the MSN News. At least that’s where you can find news that’s more than 700 words long and isn’t littered all over with unnamed sources and “allegedly”.

So while surfing MSN news tonight, I came across this pretty interesting headline that lead me to an article about he-who-has-been-named-too-much-it-has-gotten-really-annoying (Donald Trump, who else?). It was a post about Trump’s proposed cabinet members and their net worth and how they are apparently all rich fat cats and what-nots (you can read it yourself here: pretty interesting read for any side of the divide that isn’t “The Indifferent”). But that’s not what caught my attention though. So what did?

Skip on all the way down to the comments section. You’ll find accusations, counter accusations, conspiracy theorists, sore losers, terrible winner, whingers, people trying to tell you how to make $1 billion in two weeks…… Now what does all this remind me particularly of?

Oh yes, a little Nigerian site called Nairaland!

I looked through the comments and, aswerigad, the endless bickering and accusations with a good helping of unfounded statistics got me hooked for hours. I mean, who thought Americans could be so Nigerian? I used to think we were the ones that had this whole useless political online arguments with baseless facts and hoping the election winner fails thing as our personal property. Now I realise we’re learners. Seriously, take a look at the comments section of that article and if it doesn’t remind you about Nairaland post-election (and even Nairaland now), then you need to look again. I mean you’ll even find those guys that feel they can’t type ANYTHING if isn’t all in caps or emboldened any other format that can cause brain injury. Mheeen, finally I think I’ve found something we might actually be able to catch up with Americans on – pointless arguments online. This really could be our thing, people.

Oh, yes, before I forget, there were no FTCs (first to comment), people. We might need to drop that.

https://completelytier./2016/12/02/americans-are-as-crazy-as-nigerians-who-knew/
Re: Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 2:24am On Dec 03, 2016
'LAUGH IS THE SAME' WHETHER HOME OR ABROAD.

ACCORDING TO OBASANJO (1979) " HE WHO FAILS TO AGREE THAT BREAD & AKARA IS A KIND OF SANDWICH IS A RACIST "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? by RosaConsidine: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
'LAUGH IS THE SAME' WHETHER HOME OR ABROAD.

ACCORDING TO OBASANJO (1979) " HE WHO FAILS TO AGREE THAT BREAD & AKARA IS A KIND OF SANDWICH IS A RACIST "

Loool, true this
Re: Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Op you are correct. I had d same experience with abC news, fox news etc when u go to d comment of any post abt clinton or Trump.

There is no different btw d online war btw APC/PDP and Trump/Clinton.

Humans are d same emotionally.
Re: Americans Are As Crazy As Nigerians. Who Knew?? by Sibrah: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
American have their own just like us but are still learners when it comes to crab mentality.

(1) (Reply)

"I Will Support Mega Party If Atiku Is Not Their Candidate"-obasanjo / Massob Opens Up On Kanu’s Secret Trial / The Morning After Christmas By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.