Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name (18742 Views)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
GoggleB:
Trace all the names in the Bible with bad images and tell me which one is still being used to name people in the world today..
Let me name some:

JUDAS ISCARIOT
JEZEBEL
AHAB
HEROD
CAIN
VASHITI

And many more

Kayn is a very common name in the west so is Damien
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by GoggleB(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:

Kayn is a very common name in the west so is Damien
Cain not kayn....
And who mentioned Damien
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
GoggleB:

Cain not kayn....
And who mentioned Damien

The guy I know spells it Kayn so... isn't Damien ment to be another name for the devil or the devil's son I'm not sure.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lucifer actually means something that brings light in Latin i.e Morning glory. Not a bad meaning.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonmvayina(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
berrystunn:

Both have the same name....

Means "bringing light" this name originally referred to the morning star,.. .

the morning star is one of Msry's titles...check the litany of mary in any catholic cacthism book.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by berrystunn(m): 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
sonmvayina:

the morning star is one of Msry's titles...check the litany of mary in any catholic cacthism book.

Yah... my people will not understand.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by twosquare(m): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
youngice:
Because of What it connotes
Compared to other evil names in the Bible
Lucifer is a beautiful name
It means "bringer of dawn" or "son of the morning" and yes I can name my self lucifer
But I can't name my child such, wouldn't want to traumatize him and have people calling him the devil
The one I crossed out is not accurate.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Dumte(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
And the worst is that they didn't have regards for the Almighty God and went on to bear JESUS. e.g Jesus Navas
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I think Oracle Of Light Should make sense more do you know what Oracle is?

No.

Doyoualsohateoracles?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by hope4life: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
There are two major factors that determine the use of a name. 1. What the name naturally means which may tally with the parents expectations or circumstances behind the birth 2. The personality that bore that name in the ancient time. Lucifer is a good name meaning A Morning Star.
Etymologically, it is a Latin word which Greek word is phosphorus meaning The Morning Star, Venue.In the use in other Bible passages it means the Dawn Job 11:17, Psalm 110:3, II Peter 1:19, Isa.14:12 Shinning One, Light Bringer Ezek. 28:13-15. But because of the personality behind it, nobody wants to bear the name. The same thing goes for Judas. Judas means Praise. It is the Greek version of the Hebrew word for Judah meaning Praise. Iscariot is the name of where he came from Kerioth. Meaning Judas a man from Kerioth to differentiate him from other people bearing the same name Judas. My daughter's name is Praise. But if you call her Judas which is the same meaning I will feel somehow because a character has tarnished that name.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by DICKtator: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
GoggleB:
Trace all the names in the Bible with bad images and tell me which one is still being used to name people in the world today..
Let me name some:

JUDAS ISCARIOT
JEZEBEL
AHAB
HEROD
CAIN
VASHITI

And many more

Please, go to Israel , there are a lot of people that bear the name Judas and some you mentioned there. Judas Maccabees is a Jewish hero so the name "Judas" is still relevant. Well for Christians, there would always be exceptions....

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by buffalowings: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

CAIN.

Aka demon Kane
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by femi4: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
xendra:
thesame reason people dont bear jezebel and see it as a bad name yet bear mary even though they say it means bitterness
Why not balance it.....Mary also means: Wished-for child
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by justnnecky(f): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
ebube93:
I have been wondering why people see Lucifer as a bad name. And why people don't bear the name Lucifer cause I have checked to see what makes the name Lucifer a bad name. Please let's talk it out....
Lucifer means son of the morning,the reason people don't bear the name is because of the evil the being who once bore the name did and is still doing
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by youngice(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
twosquare:
The one I crossed out is not accurate.
My brother go and read isaiah 14:12

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
thesicilian:
You can name your child Lucifer if you wish
Abeg no kill me.
Epic response shall

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by MrPRevailer(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
Demigods666:
Because they have being brainwashed by xtianity

Which religon is that? The only one i know of is Christianity.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by MrPRevailer(m): 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
ebube93:
I have been wondering why people see Lucifer as a bad name. And why people don't bear the name Lucifer cause I have checked to see what makes the name Lucifer a bad name. Please let's talk it out....

Because Lucifer though having a nice interpretation (Son of the Morning), is still the devil's name. And giving someone that name may attract the devil in his life. 1Corinthians 11 says "the devil has manifested as an angel of light".

He has been cursed (Satan). But his powers and his name was not taken from him.

CONCLUSION: Naming your child Lucifer is not advisable. Except you want his future to be heavily influenced by satan. Remember he also love to take glory in people's lives. Just like God.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by GoggleB(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
DICKtator:

Please, go to Israel , there are a lot of people that bear the name Judas and some you mentioned there. Judas Maccabees is a Jewish hero so the name "Judas" is still relevant. Well for Christians, there would always be exceptions....

grin grin grin grin
Judas Iscariot not Judas.. Monkey..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by twosquare(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
youngice:

My brother go and read isaiah 14:12
Yea, I know Isaiah 14. You should have asked why I said that. Well, it doesn't mean son of the morning. Son of the morning is a title given to angels of the 3rd heaven (from ascending order). Michael, Gabriel for instance are sons of the morning. Isaiah 14:12 simply mentioned his angelic "lineage" or order. So, we do not have just one but many "sons of the morning" but one fell from his world. We also have sons of fire....like that..that's another "lineage." I hope you understand now. I only want to bring clarity. Yea, his name means bringer of the dawn or light bearer..whatever..but son of the morning is a "lineage"
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by jidxin(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
DeBlessedOne:

Excuse me, Don't even go there! That is why we are still like this. Now go around and ask those bearing Success how successfull they are. See George "Bush". A man bearing Bush o, became a president. If it we're to be in niger, u name ur child Bush, you people will say the name will follow the child and drag him into the bush. Maybe it is only in Nigeria that names follow people. And that's our excuse for failure.
excuse me..... even wit bush it still ve a better meaning if u want me to translate it 4 u... but here im talking abt a spiritual being wit spiritual significances not not ur illustration here.....or ve u heard of name like devil demon evil satan
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by DICKtator: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
GoggleB:

Judas Iscariot not Judas.. Monkey..

Iscariot is the family/clan name

His father was Simon Iscariot
And yes there are/were people named Judas Iscariot based on My heritage findings

Lool @the insult. It wasn't necessary. Just proving me wrong would have sufficed the counter-statement
I obviously quoted the wrong person!!

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lucifer (Morning Star ) or bringer of light it would be inconciveable for a parent to name their child Lucifer the same reason why no one calls their child Judas its the history associated with the name.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:

The guy I know spells it Kayn so... isn't Damien ment to be another name for the devil or the devil's son I'm not sure.

Damien and his twin brother are saints
St Damien saint of physicians
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Which religon is that? The only one i know of is Christianity.

Xtian it refers to Islam, Christianity and AL other Jewish crap called religion

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Kennydoc(m): 11:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
GoggleB:
Let me name some:

JUDAS ISCARIOT
JEZEBEL
AHAB
HEROD
CAIN
VASHITI

And many more

A classmate of mine was Vashti. She's a doctor now.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Gkemz: 12:24am On Dec 05, 2016
The beginning and the end matters a lot in everything. The name Lucifer, though might have positive meaning. He may have received that name when he was still at peace with God but along the line he rebelled and disobeyed. So God demoted him, took away those attributes and privileges he used to enjoy. Judas meaning juda, one of the tribes of Israel, is another example of those who started well but ended badly. The name is synonymous with treachery, greed for money and suicide because he chose the wrong path. Though through his action, the scripture was fulfilled but God placed a curse upon whosoever the son of man will be led to the cross.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by cooljude(m): 12:40am On Dec 05, 2016
sod09:
same with judas

Jude is the same as Judas. people still answer the name due to St judas/Jude Thaddeus not Judas/Jude Iscariot.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by cooljude(m): 12:43am On Dec 05, 2016
sod09:
same with judas

Jude is the same as Judas. people still answer the name due to St judas/Jude Thaddeus not Judas/Jude Iscariot. My kids can't bear Lucifer because you are making g them to surfer ridicule and hatred from people and you are not being fair to them
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by holatoj(m): 6:00am On Dec 05, 2016
H1966

Original: הילל

Transliteration: hêylêl

Phonetic: hay-lale'

BDB Definition: Lucifer = " light-bearer"

shining one, morning star, Lucifer
of the king of Babylon and Satan (figuratively)
(TWOT) 'Helel' describing the king of Babylon
Origin: from H1984 (in the sense of brightness)

TWOT entry: 499a

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: From H1984 (in the sense of brightness); the morning star: - lucifer

HEBBREW MEANING AND TRANSLATION
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonyc00(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Because its the name of the cat that tormented beautiful Cinderella.even i dont like the darn devil undecided

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonmvayina(m): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2016
People....people na Jesus mama be Lucifer oh. she is the light bearer..Jesus is the light..so Mary which means rebel is the light bearer....this information will save or cost us our life...Time is too short. be warned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Every Believer Must Speak In Tongues / Pastor Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today / Comparison Between The Bible And Quran With Proof.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.