Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name (18749 Views)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Raine80:

Damien and his twin brother are saints
St Damien saint of physicians

Thank you. I really didn't know that. So how come Hollywood always makes Damien evil? Lol that was my reference.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2016
JuicyLucy:

Thank you. I really didn't know that. So how come Hollywood always makes Damien evil? Lol that was my reference.
Hollywood is responsible for many historical inaccuracies and besides no one is is going to be scared of a villain called George are they?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Spidermon: 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
There are people worse than the devil that cringe at the name Lucifer.

My question is who are they deceiving?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by jonbellion(m): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Who wants to name their kid the devil's name? I even hardly find people name their kid Jesus.
lol
Then you have never heard of brazil
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Niflheim(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
@OP,

The name "Lucifer", has to do with one who 'enlightens' or dispels ignorance!!! While christians were busy eating grass in church, this is what they forgot.................

1."Lucifer" is a title for Christ.

2.Lucifer(just like Harry Potter), does not exist!!! Praying against Lucifer is like praying against Sponge Bob!!!

3.Christians gladly bear names like Theophilus(Lover of Zeus)!!!

4.There is a lot of symbology in their bible!!! Lucifer represents those who attempt to spread knowledge in a place ridden with ignorance(a Scientist/freethinker), while god represents a demented dictator who loves to see women naked(Eve in the original garden of Eden) and who feels happy to be surrounded by oloshis(god forbiding everyone to eat from the tree of knowledge)!!!
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Amicable24: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
xendra:
thesame reason people dont bear jezebel and see it as a bad name yet bear Mary even though they say it means bitterness
Do u mean Mary or Mara
It's Mara I know to mean bitter
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by knowyaself2(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
The bible/quran made a good guy's name bad...just the effect of religious indoctrination and programming. A good name now conjures up the idea of evil and bad whenever it's mentioned. Lucifer/satan is the real saviour of mankind. Research it open-mindedly.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonmvayina(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lucifer is not a name of any person or being..it is a title of a ''WOMAN'', because only women have the ability ''to bear''..men provide the seed or sperm. Lucifer is a Latin word, so the first question you ask your self is ''what is a Latin word doing in a Hebrew text?''..the word was introduced by St Jerome in his Latin Vulgate when he pointed it out to pope Damasus, who mandated him to produce an official bible for the church..it was introduced to hide the fact that it was Inanna who the christian changed her name to Mary is one and the same being...the stories all came from Babylon,the birth place of all religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comparison Between The Bible And Quran With Proof. / Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them / Pastor Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.