Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! (3263 Views)

PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Four Generations Of Nigerian Men Family Picture / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Seriously!! My husband is sooooo freaking prideful!!

I finally caught him, right?? Finally hard evidence to show his family that he broke his promises to contacting an ex there..that they even were thinking of his ex girlfriend to come over to America after his papers..he was encouraging it, etc..the family has intervened once I turned to hard evidence over..

I know for CERTAIN the family backs me as the true wife & that he presented me as his true wife..not only that, he lies about little stuff!!

He couldn't even admit he was drunk off his butt the other night!! Talking about he was stumbling heavy cos he was "tired"..oooooo!!

Smdh..he even can't admit when he do little things!! Like he even lie to his brothers..even his Pastor over little nonsense things (like how we overslept for church one time by accident & he wanted me to back him & tell the Pastor he had worked overnight instead!!) He claims he wants to keep a "low profile"..

Is this a common Nigerian male trait to be so prideful that he can't admit mistakes or is it just a plain lying habit?? ooooooo
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:

I finally caught him, right?? Finally hard evidence to show his family that he broke his promises to contacting an ex there..that they even were thinking of his ex girlfriend to come over to America after his papers..he was encouraging it, etc..the family has intervened once I turned to hard evidence over..

I know for CERTAIN the family backs me as the true wife & that he presented me as his true wife..not only that, he lies about little stuff!!

He couldn't even admit he was drunk off his butt the other night!! Talking about he was stumbling heavy cos he was "tired"..oooooo!!

Smdh..he even can't admit when he do little things!! Like he even lie to his brothers..even his Pastor over little nonsense things (like how we overslept for church one time by accident & he wanted me to back him & tell the Pastor he had worked overnight instead!!) He claims he wants to keep a "low profile"..

Is this a common Nigerian male trait to be so prideful that he can't admit mistakes or is it just a plain lying habit?? ooooooo

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 11:33am On Dec 04, 2016
For a start , Nigerian men tolerate alot of bull craps others in d western world wudnt, hence he is able to put up with u..
From ur tone , u r full of drama.

Secindly, you cant be with a liliputian, infinisimal 1 in number n use it to judge a country of a 190million souls. This is not an integral equation, dont know if u can fathom that.

N lastly, stop blowing your top cos ur menstrual flow is about to start

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:
For a start , Nigerian men tolerate alot of bull craps others in d western world wudnt, hence he is able to put up with u..

Secindly, you cant be with a liliputian, infinisimal 1 in number n use it to judge a country of a 190million souls. This is not an integral equation, dont know if u can fathom that.

You put the whole thing in a mindful way....She came from the city of angels where there were no soul that tell lies...and there were no proud person in her vicinity...

It's just the Nigerian guy's fault... We have been begging and pleading with them not to marry anything they see but they will never listen
Any one that managed to buy an airtime will use it to insult all Nigerian men...How are you gonna blame them
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Op ignore the rude people that addressed you na so NL men be.

And to answer your question, many of them are proud. Yes.
I don't know what exactly makes them so full of themselves. Even the ones wey never acheive anything for this life go dey raise shoulder.

Asnd tell your husband your grieviances about his behaviour if you want him to change or improve.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

Was this really necessary? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:

Most Nigerian men are proud,arrogant and compulsive liars. Even when caught in their sins, they will never admit their faults but try to twist it all to make it seem like the woman's. The only advice you will be given is go down on your knees and pray for him but never try to leave him. You can see the manner the first two posters attacked you personally instead of refuting your claims. Typical Nigerian behaviour.

Welcome to the world of Nigerian men and their double standards.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
fellis:
Op ignore the rude people that addressed you na so NL men be.

And to answer your question, many of them are proud. Yes.
I don't know what exactly makes them so full of themselves. Even the ones wey never acheive anything for this life go dey raise shoulder.

Asnd tell your husband your grieviances about his behaviour if you want him to change or improve.

Have you ever heard of stereotype? I guess not because if you have, you would have known that it is dangerous to paint everyone with the same brush... I'm even shocked that she lives in US.. isn't she suppose to know how to choose her words wisely and careful before generalizing? and making headlines...

What I expected of you to ask her ohh!!! Miss Good Samaritan was how many men has she encountered that she has to arrive at such a dirty conclusion?
But No you quickly jump into her defense and even generalize on how NL men behave.. I guess you got nothing to do with statistics while in college..

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
@badejob

Yes Naija men are natural born liars. I think our life makes them that way. I noticed you said his family sees you as his true wife, which tells me you are not Nigerian. Hmmm... Don't have confidence in your position because his family likes you. I won't state the obvious about you being a foreigner, so I will move on to other reasons. Depending on his tribe, all wives have equal validity. Also with you being abroad, his family may want him to have children at home.

It can happen to us as well. My friend's husband was encouraged to enter a traditional marriage when he visited home and impregnate a woman in the village. The mother wanted help and grandchildren there. He was planning to visit his home based family once yearly and provide regular support. My friend had to get her people involved to stop the matter. The mother was not being evil, she only wanted her family tradition to be carried out the proper way. Children based abroad rarely embrace the culture fully, so it's understandable. If you don't have any children with your husband, you may as well pack your bags.

As for pride, our men are taught they are the head and not the tail, so they have full confidence in who they are. I think you will have to accept your lot in this matter. Your husband is Nigerian. smiley

***I have read another one of your posts and I see your husband is a Yoruba. Have you heard of Yoruba demons? I also see your husband has a woman he calls his exwife/exgirlfriend that he keeps contact with. You are in trouble madam. I dey worry o!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
I wonder when your husband became a standard for what Nigerian men are. . . . Next time learn how to use the word "some," when need be.

Meanwhile, some of us who aren't petty really don't tell lies, but of course we can be diplomatic over some certain things. Also, we aren't boisterous.

About lie: There's a difference between a lie and diplomacy. A lair's intention is to gain something from you (another person) without minding how it will affect you. This entails choosing expediency over principle. Here you have a petty person; a manipulator. By the way, hypocrisy isn't known for a particular gender.

On the other hand, diplomacy entails one protecting his interest, but without intention of inflicting harm to the other person(s). This is about placing principle over expediency. Here you have a realist; a diplomat.

From the analogy above, would still assume your husband a lair or a diplomat?

The reason why I always propagate the importance of one putting up with another that shares same ethical personality with her/him, is to avoid stories that touches. Every human being is either diplomatic or manipulative.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by nnamdibig(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
Most Nigerian men are proud,arrogant and compulsive liars. Even when caught in their sins, they will never admit their faults but try to twist it all to make it seem like the woman's. The only advice you will be given is go down on your knees and pray for him but never try to leave him. You can see the manner the first two posters attacked you personally instead of refuting your claims. Typical Nigerian behaviour.

It will be very shameful if you end up marrying a Nigerian man.
So being proud is now a "Nigerian man" thing ba?
Pls show me a man that is not prideful?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
nnamdibig:

It will be very shameful if you end up marrying a Nigerian man.
So being proud is now a "Nigerian man" thing ba?
Pls show me a man that is prideful?

Bia nwoke m,if you can't understand simple grammar, then stop disturbing my mentions. Show me where I insinuated in my post that only Nigerian men are proud. Did I even say all Nigerian men are proud?

I am married to one of the rare breed of Nigerian men tongue. Simple, confident and intelligent. As for showing you a 'prideful' Nigerian man,look in the mirror.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Olanna45(f): 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
First and foremost, there is no such word as "Prideful"

Secondly, not all Nigerian men are liars and proud.

Finally, no country has a monopoly of proud men who lie too.

So please, stop the generalization. .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
Olanna45:
First and foremost, there is no such word as "Prideful"

Secondly, not all Nigerian men are liars and proud.

Finally, no country has a monopoly of proud men who lie too.

So please, stop the generalization.

Come on! The word "prideful" do exist. When someone is not just proud but also assumes that she's more smart or beautiful or pious than others, the person is termed prideful. Much more like conceit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by nnamdibig(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
Bia nwoke m,if you can't understand simple grammar, then stop disturbing my mentions. Show me where I insinuated in my post that only Nigerian men are proud. Did I even say all Nigerian men are proud?

I am married to one of the rare breed of Nigerian men tongue. Simple, confident and intelligent. As for showing you a 'prideful' Nigerian man,look in the mirror.

One of the rare breed of Nigerian men..........who him mama soup no sweet.
Bia Nwanyi m, I won't disturb ur mentions again.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Olanna45(f): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Come on! The word "prideful" do exist. When someone is not just proud but also assumes that she's more smart or beautiful or pious than others, the person is termed prideful. Much more like conceit.
guess i need to update my dictionary. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by johnson232: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

____________________________________________________________________________________

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Olanna45:
guess i need to update my dictionary. thank you.

I know you'd do the same for me. By the way, imperfection is what makes us human and unequal to the source of all. So, keep your head up, because you're good already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Diplomaticbeing

I have read her other posts. D guy is using her for greencard marriage. He is a liar.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
nnamdibig:

One of the rare breed of Nigerian men..........who him mama soup no sweet.
Bia Nwanyi m, I won't disturb ur mentions again.

Lol @ mama soup. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Diplomaticbeing

I have read her other posts. D guy is using her for greencard marriage. He is a liar.

Actually, my appraisal was solely based on her post in this thread under discussion. Meanwhile, citing your submission, maybe she should humble herself - rephrase and restructure her post - and solicit for a due diligence opinions.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by eyinjuege: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
The problem is your husband madam.

He's proud, and a liar. He lied to you about keeping in touch with his ex, maybe your marriage is built on lies.
Why he decided to lie to your priest is something he alone can answer. Maybe he likes to pretend to be who he's not?
Anyway, he needs to work on himself. Sooner or later, doing the wrong thing always catches up with one.
He seems to lack integrity and lacks a moral compass.

Once again, I repeat. The problem is your husband. Don't because of that assume that Nigerian men are proud and liars

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by cococandy(f): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
@OP read their comments and judge for yourself.

@your predicament, I don't know how long y'all been married but if it's only been for a short while and with no kids involved, the earlier you dump the user, the better for you. So you don't become a single mom raising kids by yourself in future.

I've seen your other posts and at the usual risk of being labeled a divorce advocate, I'll give you my honest opinion. No pretense or goody-two-shoeism.
Someone is using you to get papers with the intention of bringing his main woman to the USA after he's gotten his papers and you're still there calling him your husband. What do you think will happen when she gets there? That three of you will live like one big happy polygamous family?
You know better.
He will dump you on his own terms.

I know it's heartbreaking and not what you want to hear. But it's my honest opinion. Versus the opinions of those who will lie to you.

I honestly wish it works out for you both.
If you can find a way to FORCE him or CAJOLE him or BEG him to stop liking the woman in Nigeria, you'll most certainly be making wasteful investments in that marriage.

You sure he's not sending money to her? It would be very unlikely that he isn't.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
Richy4:

Have you ever heard of stereotype? I guess not because if you have, you would have known that it is dangerous to paint everyone with the same brush... I'm even shocked that she lives in US.. isn't she suppose to know how to choose her words wisely and careful before generalizing? and making headlines...

look at who is talking about choosing words carefully and making hasty generalizations. Abeg no make me laff this afternoon.

Op asked a simple question and you attacked with insults that made her seem like an irresponsible person yet you have the effrontery to complain about others choosing words carefully.

Gerrarahere mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:

Walahi, you have spoken the truth. No matter what goes wrong in a marriage they will still look for a way to make it their wives fault.

I don't know why they call themselves the heads if they cannot take responsibility for their actions.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
fellis:

look at who is talking about choosing words carefully and making hasty generalizations. Abeg no make me laff this afternoon.

Op asked a simple question and you attacked with insults that made her seem like an irresponsible person yet you have the effrontery to complain about others choosing words carefully.

Gerrarahere mehn.

So to you that was a simple question..... How nice will it look if some guy.say from Italy comes to Naira land and open a thread and ask "why are Nigerian women prostitutes and Gold diggers.."

he goes ahead and narrate some silly story that could be a rare occurrence to judge Nigerian women..... and every men here backs him up and agree that every Nigerian women were indeed prostitutes and gold diggers.... I suggest you use your brain sometimes please...Don't just make comments because you wants to.
.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Cuddlebugie(f): 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
Why can't people share their (un)popular opinions without being a d!ck about it?undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
Was this really necessary? undecided

No, it isnt . But im allergy to drama queens
N pity attention seekers that go robing d whole of humanity in their ebbing tides.

Btw, what do u mean by:
"
Tears aren't a woman's only weapon. The best one's between her legs. " ?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Diplomaticbeing

Thanks for the heads up.... if this is true, then they r both using each other:
She using him for sexual gratification n he using her ..... oh well.

N she cant deny the fact that she knows all along
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Onegai(f): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
Badejob, I guess you've confirmed that he did marry you for his Immigration papers. We tried telling you but you kinda kept finding justifications in the face of mounting evidence. Which is somewhat understandable.

Move on. Move on or make a decision to stick with him and use him too for what you can get out of it. I did mention that there were plenty Nigerian men who are not trying to find a quick way to legalise their citizenship through a sham marriage. So if you're gonna date, go for those ones. And don't meet and get married under 2 months, it rarely works out even for people with the best intentions.

All of you insulting her, well done. Her husband married her with wife in Naija. His family are playing silly mental games to keep her unsuspecting and protect "their brother". She sef messed up too (saw red flags and ignored it) but won't you be angry that someone swore he loved you and wedded you because he wanted a passport for him and his wife? A wife whom he is telling her is just his "ex-gf". Instead of bros to go and pay a sharp Naija-American babe to get kpalli, he did it cheaply by faking romance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
Maybe he is the way he is because he struggles to be honest with you and it seems by the way you right you are out to get him regardless. You are insecure that's quite evident by how you were quite emphatic about being the recognised wife and his family backing you and so forth. I would tread carefully if I were you. Do not keep giving him ammunition to use when he has had enough and leaves you. Give the brother a break will you! Being "prideful" as you put it is actually self preservation any men will do that.He is going to be defensive if you are always in attack mode ,constantly ganging up on him and every opportunity you need to change seriously like now!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Onegai:
Badejob, I guess you've confirmed that he did marry you for his Immigration papers. We tried telling you but you kinda kept finding justifications in the face of mounting evidence. Which is somewhat understandable.

Move on. Move on or make a decision to stick with him and use him too for what you can get out of it. I did mention that there were plenty Nigerian men who are not trying to find a quick way to legalise their citizenship through a sham marriage. So if you're gonna date, go for those ones. And don't meet and get married under 2 months, it rarely works out even for people with the best intentions.

All of you insulting her, well done. Her husband married her with wife in Naija. His family are playing silly mental games to keep her unsuspecting and protect "their brother". She sef messed up too (saw red flags and ignored it) but won't you be angry that someone swore he loved you and wedded you because he wanted a passport for him and his wife? A wife whom he is telling her is just his "ex-gf". Instead of bros to go and pay a sharp Naija-American babe to get kpalli, he did it cheaply by faking romance.
Does she need to home in on that fact all the time? That's going to erode any respect he might have had for her think about it! Women marry men for papers too let's not be hypocritical here. A relationship like that can work but if the situation becomes unattainable why shoild anyone stay in a marriage where you are constantly under the magnifying glass?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Pls... / F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.