Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! (3269 Views)

PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / Four Generations Of Nigerian Men Family Picture / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
Not that i intend to start anything, but part of Nigeria is he from?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

Thanks for the heads up.... if this is true, then they r both using each other:
She using him for sexual gratification n he using her ..... oh well.

N she cant deny the fact that she knows all along

How is she using him for sexual gratification?? She is a 35 years old woman who wants a marriage and family. She told him before marriage she did not want a paper marriage. She talked to his family in the states and at home. The entire family has lied to the woman. She barely knows the Nigerian culture, yet alone the meaning of Yoruba demon. We bring shame to the ourselves through such behavior.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Richy4:

So to you that was a simple question..... How nice will it look to you when some guy...say from Italy comes to Naira land and open a thread and ask "why are Nigerian women prostitutes and Gold diggers.."

he goes ahead and narrate some silly story that could be a rare occurrence to judge Nigerian women..... and every men here backs him up and agree that every Nigerian women were indeed prostitutes and gold diggers.... I suggest you use your brain sometimes please...Don't just make comments because you wants to.
.. undecided

What kind of comparism is this? Asking if people are proud is the same as declaring that people are prostitutes?

Proud and prostitutes are two very different words they don't have the same import so stop overrreacting

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by homerac7: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:
Seriously!! My husband is sooooo freaking prideful!!
I finally caught him, right?? Finally hard evidence to show his family that he broke his promises to contacting an ex there..that they even were thinking of his ex girlfriend to come over to America after his papers..he was encouraging it, etc..the family has intervened once I turned to hard evidence over..
I know for CERTAIN the family backs me as the true wife & that he presented me as his true wife..not only that, he lies about little stuff!!
He couldn't even admit he was drunk off his butt the other night!! Talking about he was stumbling heavy cos he was "tired"..oooooo!!
Smdh..he even can't admit when he do little things!! Like he even lie to his brothers..even his Pastor over little nonsense things (like how we overslept for church one time by accident & he wanted me to back him & tell the Pastor he had worked overnight instead!!) He claims he wants to keep a "low profile"..
Is this a common Nigerian male trait to be so prideful that he can't admit mistakes or is it just a plain lying habit?? ooooooo

Wow! I had to read through your earlier topics to understand this. Nothing I will say that Onegai hasn't said. You are so trusting and supportive, even at face of clear evidences before you. Did you say your now (temporary) husband mentioned that he's "legally engaged" with his "ex-wife" ? (I'm sure Iread you write that in your first thread). If you couldn't process that then you probably deserve tobe used (and dumped). Poor naive you. Pity pity!

Tell your (arrangee) husband to interprete you what it means in Lagos street language when it's said that one "has entered one-chance". That phrase aptly describes your situation. What you do onward is totally up to you.

Pity pity!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Onegai(f): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

How is she using him for sexual gratification?? She is a 35 years old woman who wants a marriage and family. She told him before marriage she did not want a paper marriage. She talked to his family in the states and at home. The entire family has lied to the woman. She barely knows the Nigerian culture, yet alone the meaning of Yoruba demon. We bring shame to the ourselves through such behavior.

Don't mind them. The man's entire family lied to her that he is "legally engaged" to the girl in Nigeria. Please, is there anything in Nigerian Culture like "Legally Engaged"? Even if he did Traditional Wedding, in Customary Court of Nigeria he is married. If he did Introduction only, how is that a "legal engagement"?

Later they will be vexing that the whole world sees a green passport and assumes they are crooks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
fellis:

What kind of comparism is this? Asking if people are proud is the same as declaring that people are prostitutes?

Proud and prostitutes are two very different words they don't have the same import so stop overrreacting

You are not lucky in terms of understanding...have a good day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
Richy4:

You are not lucky in terms of understanding...have a good day

You are not lucky in terms of common sense. Have a horrible day

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

No, it isnt . But im allergy to drama queens
N pity attention seekers that go robing d whole of humanity in their ebbing tides.

Btw, what do u mean by:
"
Tears aren't a woman's only weapon. The best one's between her legs. " ?
The comment was sexist. Trump made an identical comment to Megyn Kelly and was chewed raw and spat out over it. Make your opinion known without being obnoxious about it.

So you actually went through my profile? grin grin.... If you are an avid fan of Game of thrones, the statement would have made sense to you. tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
fellis:

You are not lucky in terms of common sense. Have a horrible day
You dey vex grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Wow! U seem to know her from Adams: her heart n heats.

I am not one for cheap talks nor sleazy family gossips.

I came to lay just one point across n that i have done.

Btw, if a 35years old woman wud want a young Nigerian blood for refreshment n keeps, who is really using who? Huh? A 35 yrs old woman that cant resolve her issues but go wsshing family linens on a public forum!
Age , definately, is just a number i suppose

embarassed , anyways, that not mine to meddle in.

There are demons everywhere, tot u were objective enuf.

N dont preach me about shame!

Why is d western world unable to stay in marriages? Contract out as quickly as they contract in! Isnt that shameful??

Most of these young boys go into this marriages for fear not just for d green whatever!
Do u know the blind rage that ravage d minds of d these foreign women when u break their hearts?

They gladly pull a lead in ur skull n do same to themselves!

Not here to defend a Fly but i wudnt have one drama queen insult my country
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

Wow! U seem to know her from Adams: her heart n heats.

I am not one for cheap talks nor sleazy family gossips.

I came to lay just one point across n that i have done.

Btw, if a 35years old woman wud want a young Nigerian blood for refreshment n keeps, who is really using who? Huh? A 35 yrs old woman that cant resolve her issues but go wsshing family linens on a public forum!
Age , definately, is just a number i suppose

embarassed , anyways, that not mine to meddle in.

There are demons everywhere, tot u were objective enuf.

N dont preach me about shame!

Why is d western world unable to stay in marriages? Contract out as quickly as they contract in! Isnt that shameful??

Most of these young boys go into this marriages for fear not just for d green whatever!
Do u know the blind rage that ravage d minds of d these foreign women when u break their hearts?

They gladly pull a lead in ur skull n do same to themselves!

Not here to defend a Fly but i wudnt have one drama queen insult my country

What is this nonsense? Young blood Her husband is no young man. He is 37 years. He pursued her for marriage and she accepted. I'm sure you are an Afonja demon yammering to defend your criminal brother. Let me not be tribalistic and add insults to the good people amongst your own. I just detest these men using women and everyone looking at all Nigerians as bad people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
The comment was sexist. Trump made an identical comment to Megyn Kelly and was chewed raw and spat out over it. Make your opinion known without being obnoxious about it.

So you actually went through my profile? grin grin.... If you are an avid fan of Game of thrones, the statement would have made sense to you. tongue

Yet, still, he's THE PRESEDENT, so dont rub my statement in. It is a metaphor: signifies an irrational moment from a ranting random woman......
penciled by me.

The statement made sense to me alryt, just dont know why it is resting on ur prf galantly out of all the quotable quotes from.....

And i am tempted to think....... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by HARDDON: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

What is this nonsense? Young blood Her husband is no young man. He is 37 years. He pursued her for marriage and she accepted. I'm sure you are an Afonja demon yammering to defend your criminal brother. Let me not be tribalistic and add insults to the good people amongst your own. I just detest these men using women and everyone looking at all Nigerians as bad people.

undecided undecided

And here i was thinking i was spliting hairs with some1 that has an iota of, a single drop, anything relating to, sense.
U can never judge a book by its cover obviously.

And the last time i checked, sympatizers aint supposed to cry more than d bereaved unless ofcos........... embarassed

Besides, ur fortunetelling ability is totally ZERO cos im nida from d west nor have anylink with em.

To call a spade, a spade , came I . Guess that is rich for ur reasoning faculty to grasp.

B4 u infect me with your weak shallow mind,

#UareHerebyIgnored

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
HARDDON:

undecided undecided

And here i was thinking i was spliting hairs with some1 that has an iota of, a single drop, anything relating to, sense.
U can never judge a book by its cover obviously.

And the last time i checked, sympatizers aint supposed to cry more than d bereaved unless ofcos........... embarassed

Besides, ur fortunetelling ability is totally ZERO cos im nida from d west nor have anylink with em.

To call a spade, a spade , came I . Guess that is rich for ur reasoning faculty to grasp.

B4 u infect me with your weak shallow mind,

#UareHerebyIgnored

Scurry away. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
Most Nigerian men are proud,arrogant and compulsive liars. Even when caught in their sins, they will never admit their faults but try to twist it all to make it seem like the woman's. The only advice you will be given is go down on your knees and pray for him but never try to leave him. You can see the manner the first two posters attacked you personally instead of refuting your claims. Typical Nigerian behaviour.

Welcome to the world of Nigerian men and their double standards.

But I have seen PERSONAL texts between his brothers & him that he didn't realize I looked through as well..his brothers even told him to "put away" the girl cos she's causing problems..his cousin told me I have the mandate..I believe she's sincere..cos she confronted the girl herself..TWICE (2nd time cos the girl herself lied to her in her face)..said that she was happy when we got together cos he was changing for the better..and she confronted him..told him: me being your sister, how would you like a man doing that to her?? We're going to get through it..the family as stepped in more than you think..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:

But I have seen PERSONAL texts between his brothers & him that he didn't realize I looked through as well..his brothers even told him to "put away" the girl cos she's causing problems..his cousin told me I have the mandate..I believe she's sincere..cos she confronted the girl herself..TWICE (2nd time cos the girl herself lied to her in her face)..said that she was happy when we got together cos he was changing for the better..and she confronted him..told him: me being your sister, how would you like a man doing that to her?? We're going to get through it..the family as stepped in more than you think..

I see your head is made of wood and your husband is the woodpecker. undecided As above you have entered one chance. I will withdraw my opinions for now. HARDDON I will send this back to you.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by fluxbush(f): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:

As someone said earlier, there is nothing called legally engaged in this part of the world. One thing in your write up jumped at me though: he was told to put away the girl cuz she's causing problems. It doesn't seem like just an ordinary ex/girlfriend.

By the way,what makes you think he doesn't know you read his texts and messages? Haven't you heard of reverse psychology? When a person wants something desperately, any amount or degree of cunning is allowed. You have no idea how far siblings and family can go towards a common purpose.

You know what you want and how to get about it. We will only give you our opinions based on the tidbits you feed us. The most important thing is that you are happy and will stay happy. Cheerios.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by homerac7: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:
As someone said earlier, there is nothing called legally engaged in this part of the world. One thing in your write up jumped at me though: he was told to put away the girl cuz she's causing problems. It doesn't seem like just an ordinary ex/girlfriend.

By the way,what makes you think he doesn't know you read his texts and messages? Haven't you heard of reverse psychology? When a person wants something desperately, any amount or degree of cunning is allowed. You have no idea how far siblings and family can go towards a common purpose.

You know what you want and how to get about it. We will only give you our opinions based on the tidbits you feed us. The most important thing is that you are happy and will stay happy. Cheerios.

Dem don use the woman head do foreign exchange. She's a proper mumu. E go soon clear for her eyes
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
badejob:

I'm sorry to say, but you deserve everything coming to you.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Viking007(m): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
I honestly think this op is a troll.

Who creates the same thread with same/similar complaints more than 20 times?
Me think the op is just a waste of cyber space.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
fluxbush:

Cos he didn't know I read it..honestly..this was all done after the fact..he still had his phone locked up tight during that time the texts were exchanged..now he has his phone unlocked..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
Viking007:
I honestly think this op is a troll.

Who creates the same thread with same/similar complaints more than 20 times?
Me think the op is just a waste of cyber space.

I don't think she is a troll. I feel she is a desperate fool. I sincerely pity her because she only wants to be loved. Unfortunately she has been entrapped by an armed robber who demands green cards and permanent residency as payment. She has now deleted her account. I suspect she will return in the future to tell us the end story.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Viking007(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

I don't think she is a troll. I feel she is a desperate fool. I sincerely pity her because she only wants to be loved

Unfortunately she has been entrapped by an armed robber who demands green cards and permanent residency as payment. She has now deleted her account. I suspect she will return in the future to tell us the end story.
You are wicked. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by cococandy(f): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Umm but that happens all the time.
It's like the required daily anthem.

And y'all don't even need any guy from Italy to come prompt you to start abusing Nigerian women.
It's a favorite pastime for many of you.

Then they get upset when you ask then if their mothers are among the prostitutes and gold diggers.

Goes Both ways huh?

Richy4:

So to you that was a simple question..... How nice will it look if some guy.say from Italy comes to Naira land and open a thread and ask "why are Nigerian women prostitutes and Gold diggers.."

he goes ahead and narrate some silly story that could be a rare occurrence to judge Nigerian women..... and every men here backs him up and agree that every Nigerian women were indeed prostitutes and gold diggers.... I suggest you use your brain sometimes please...Don't just make comments because you wants to.
.. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
Chai. You guys have scared and insulted OP into deactiviting.
Chai
there is god ooooo
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by cococandy(f): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Let's not make fun of the OP. It's hard for people to leave a bad union if they are emotionally and financially invested in it.

Best of luck lady.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Softorgasm(m): 2:54am On Dec 05, 2016
cococandy:
Let's not make fun of the OP. It's hard for people to leave a bad union if they are emotionally and financially invested in it.

Best of luck lady.
Just want to tell you that you are beautiful....
I wish i can have you all to myself..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Richy4(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2016
Softorgasm:
Just want to tell you that you are beautiful....
I wish i can have you all to myself..

grin grin That was so outdated pick up line sir....Try something like did you fall down from heaven.... grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Freaking Prideful?!?! by Softorgasm(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Richy4:

grin grin That was so outdated pick up line sir....Try something like did you fall down from heaven.... grin grin grin
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disrespectful husbands bringing their trash home / When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. / Fight With Brother's Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.