Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) (47751 Views)

Questions Trail Execution Of TETfund Projects In UNILAG, FUTA / TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / Nigerian University Dump Hundreds Of Final Year Students Thesis/project In Trash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
CHAI! I hope unilorin wont throw their own away...
I saw my undergraduate project in a graduate assistant's office when I went for my master. I am certain it would have been thrown somewhere by now. (Unilorin)
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by AreaFada2: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
fav444:
Many (not all) useful research gone down the drain. One of the many reasons our country continues to be backward.

Imagine the effort, time, money and stress we underwent to get our projects done.

They 4 just make us learn handwork with that time, effort and money.

Very correct.

I still remember my project supervisor giving me a specific target then saying: I want the quality of your work to be good enough for me to present at a major international conference coming up later in the year. A gathering of experts from across the globe in a major European capital city.

He was himself only just trying to branch into that area of research, so he wasn't even a major expert in that particular area of med diagnostics. So his guidance was basic. The Chinese were trooping in from China at that time to research in the wider area of the subject & take it back to China for mass production.

I was wondering where is Nigerian government? Can't we send in our brightest people to do what these Chinese are doing? Today the Chinese are exporting these things to everyone, at a fraction of the cost of Western products.

That was in diaspora. You simply knew your work was going to be taken seriously & mediocrity wasn't an option.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Armstrong34(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
And one idiot wuld cum and stay start hailing and callin uni ilorin, uni dis uni dat..... Useless con3
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by alizma: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN:
That's why Nigeria will still be far from development.

The project work is a research work carried out by the student based on his/her course of study.

Though mark was awarded. But what is the application of that research work to the society?

In developed or advanced countries a more powerful research will still be conducted.

Nigeria's development may still be up to the 30th Century. That's also why Nigerian Graduated are half baked. When most of your course should be practicals but subjected to theory and using mouth to conducting practicals it's a very bad thing.

Thousands is wasted on this projects I believe.

YOU MEAN THOSE RECOPIED DOCUMENTS?
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Hackomania(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
If you feel your work should be recognised, build a business around it, do further research work around it. Why are you blaming the school for dumping the books when you have your own copy useful if you wanted to do further research?

How many of those complaining have bothered to further the research work done in their project? #hisses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by nowpresence(f): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Which research are you people talking about. Are research carried out or just copy and paste.
I am sure the useful ones were kept and the rest thrown away.
Beside every student should have their own copy for reference purpose.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Icansing: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
lilzcee:
after insulting my people? smiley u are the sweetheart idiot here wink
goat
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by fortunechy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
just negodu

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by askjohnprosper: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
all of them throwaway projects. many sell to toilet tissue papers companies.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by EYIBLESSN(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
alizma:

YOU MEAN THOSE RECOPIED DOCUMENTS?

Though you have a point. But about 20% are not recopied. I am working on my project research. It is a do it on your own. I am working on Natural Product Chemistry.

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
mazimee:
And we are still wondering why we are not growing as a country.
Who says Nigeria is not growing?
The populations of unemployable graduates and intellectually challenged students are increasing.
I have ex girlfriends who have graduated from top universities in Nigeria, but they still think and behave like when they were in secondary school. They don't even read books again, except gossip and have useless chats on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram competing for Followers, Likes, Pokes and who to seduce and scam for cash and gifts in exchange for sex.

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by yedidiah(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
For me, Na the A in project matter. For my supervisor, Na the data wey I collate for his research and book through my project matter. For my school, Na the school fees. For my Department, they are done with me! so they can do whatever they like with the project.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by haibe(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Calm down guys.. they have probably converted them into an e copy before disposing. Where should they store projects of up to 50 years ago till now..? Infact i suggest electronic copies should be submitted and not hard copies for project.

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by peterveo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
I can't just turn my face from this without a comment; I strongly disagree with those saying most of them are copy and paste work or it belongs to the trash. If you hold such opinion then you need to be checked as well as the supervisor or whoever approved such work. I can gladly say that my undergraduate research was published and can never be in the trash.

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2016

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by SenR(m): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Truth be told, 95% of the final year student university project are photo copied projects from other schools or outdated project topics.

Many nigerian students are lazy to embark on research and develop new hypothesis that would be beneficial to the common society.

Rather they go far to other schools to copy projects topics and once apporoved by their project supervisor, they copy and paste and then submit.

Project don finish be that.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Jacko1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
As if we are doing any worthwhile research

Abeg those things are occypyimg space jor

Copy and paste research
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by ensamy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
What is project /thesis when certificates are also dumped in trash.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
To many dumbskulls are in charge of our institutions.
Hence the stunted growth of the country!
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by JAHseal: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hw do u keep "works" dat are extremely un-original & moronically plagiarised pieces of sh*ts?! If u need dem, go pack dem 4 d school's waste bins. "Projects" in deed!

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Dtwoabbey(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Wow, see the efforts of many students rotten away just like that. God safe us in this country.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Mexyz(m): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
So after the stress, efforts,time and money (40-50k) spent on my project, uniben will now decide to dash LAWMA the project? May God block the throat of anybody that would make that decision.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by benzems(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Dance for Nigeria falling universities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dids1L67ts
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by freeage7(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
95% of those projects are copy and paste.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Kaybaba5(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

The project work is a research work carried out by the student based on his/her course of study.

Though mark was awarded. But what is the application of that research work to the society?

In developed or advanced countries a more powerful research will still be conducted.

Nigeria's development may still be up to the 30th Century. That's also why Nigerian Graduated are half baked. When most of your course should be practicals but subjected to theory and using mouth to conducting practicals it's a very bad thing.

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by kentus123: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
rattlesnake:
SMH no wonder all the NASS members are either first degree or HND... Shame!!!!

more than 45 NASS members are just WAS CC
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by habsydiamond(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
That's my con3 for u. We are very good at disposing good materials and that's why we remain stagnant like stream wey no dey flow.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
Guy you too stupid grin
dingbang:
grin acada Don cast
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by CioAngels(f): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
In public domain, this is not right, it is not only talking about Nigerian students, but also the lecturer and Nigeria as a whole. Students gave out what the lecturer gave to them. The university that did this disgraced itself and Nigeria.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Lol buh on a serious note lecturers use d knowledge n research d students made to write dia own books n sell.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by IPOB123london: 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN(m): 1:50pm

and why then afonjas get mad when we talk about Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Schooling In Ukraine As An International Student / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) / University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.