Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683517 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:33am On May 28, 2018
Holocene:
I am not against people sending you IM but it is best if the questions are thrown on the thread so others can learn and get info. That is if your intentions are clear.

Yup, I get countless PMs on a daily basis and I try as much as I can to reply. Sadly, 90% of the pms I receive are about some _cock and bull story. Like do these people think I’m THAT naive? Come on guys, I be naija boy too.

Right now, I don’t reply PMs anymore. If it’s that urgent, post it here or send a message on my Instagram page. I would answer to the best of my limited knowledge

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Lhimeet(m): 12:43am On May 28, 2018
FrankNetter:

Yup, I get countless PMs on a daily basis and I try as much as I can to reply. Sadly, 90% of the pms I receive are about some _cock and bull story. Like do these people think I’m THAT naive? Come on guys, I be naija boy too.

Right now, I don’t reply PMs anymore. If it’s that urgent, post it here or send a message on my Instagram page. I would answer to the best of my limited knowledge
In as much I know scammers plenty for Naija still some are genuine without no doubt...

Do your best & leave the rest Bro.. God bless us
cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lyrondee: 12:48am On May 28, 2018
FrankNetter:

Aiit bro... Good luck in your endeavors... how I wish I can chat with you personally cry
Buh I would to know if there are any other healthcare majors that one can get job right outta college....
Each time I ask people mostly say nursing, I wan know if ders something else
Abeg drop your IG handle again Biko

cc: hiawathia1981

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lyrondee: 12:52am On May 28, 2018
Lhimeet:

In as much I know scammers plenty for Naija still some are genuine without no doubt...

cheesy
Genuine like me cool
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:08am On May 28, 2018
lyrondee:

Aiit bro... Good luck in your endeavors... how I wish I can chat with you personally cry
Buh I would to know if there are any other healthcare majors that one can get job right outta college....
Each time I ask people mostly say nursing, I wan know if ders something else
Abeg drop your IG handle again Biko

cc: hiawathia1981

Medical imaging( xray, ultrasound, cat scan, mri) respiratory therapy, phlebotomy, physical therapy, emt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:11am On May 28, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Medical imaging( xray, ultrasound, cat scan, mri) respiratory therapy, phlebotomy, physical therapy, emt.

One tip. Go to a healthcare facility website or hospital website. Go to the career section. The most jobs that have the most vacancies are good indicators of what is in demand.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lyrondee: 1:20am On May 28, 2018
hiawathia1981:

One tip. Go to a healthcare facility website or hospital website. Go to the career section. The most jobs that have the most vacancies are good indicators of what is in demand.
Thanks ma'am
Such great tip
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:32am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=lyrondee post=67943117]
Thanks ma'am
Such great tip [/quote

Ur welcome
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:10am On May 28, 2018
Please attend to this .....
Hello Frank and everyone,I’m in final year currently,Please,I would like to know the prospect of studying health economics in the USA,job opportunity and benefits for MSc graduate..Thanks bro
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by eldee365: 1:09pm On May 28, 2018
Yhemzylee:
Hello Frank and everyone,I’m in final year currently,Please,I would like to know the prospect of studying health economics in the USA,job opportunity and benefits for MSc graduate..Thanks bro

Use Google well, every information you need is there, Quora too, gradcafe etc
Read up the link.

https://www.quora.com/What-can-you-do-with-a-health-economics-degree

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 2:49pm On May 28, 2018
Lhimeet:

cheesy
Badass soil good ones. The problem lies in knowing the good ones where 90% are just rubbish. How do we know good ones?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Lhimeet(m): 3:39pm On May 28, 2018
subcbouy:
Badass soil good ones. The problem lies in knowing the good ones where 90% are just rubbish. How do we know good ones?
That's the problem Bro..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 28, 2018
eldee365:

Use Google well, every information you need is there, Quora too, gradcafe etc
Read up the link.

https://www.quora.com/What-can-you-do-with-a-health-economics-degree

Thanks,I did a lot of extensive research,I’m just trying to get a first hand information as well...thanks once again
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:48am On May 29, 2018
Yhemzylee:

I wasnt familiar with this particular field until I looked at the link someone suggested. It seems to me that healthcare administration is very similar. With what I read health insurance might be a niche or healthcare administration or even social work.. Research healthcare administration. And go to a insurance website like Anthem or Medicare. Go to the career section. See if there are jobs that interest you and look for the education background requirements ( type of degree i.e. Business, healthcare administration, social work, or general.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 6:18am On May 29, 2018
Yhemzylee:
If you're planning to live around the west coast area you can try western governors university (WGU) MBA health care management. Mostly online, flexible and affordable.

https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degrees/mba-masters-business-administration-healthcare-management-program.html#close
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bazkid24(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2018
I don land grin grin grin

Started reading this thread yesterday night from page 1. Wow, what an inspiring story.

Franknetter, keep living the good life

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bazkid24(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2018
My boss @Lhimeet, I sight you o
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bazkid24(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2018
Also Austino677, why you no dey visit this thread again?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Lhimeet(m): 3:18pm On May 29, 2018
bazkid24:
My boss @Lhimeet, I sight you o
Hailings Boss smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:28am On May 30, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I wasnt familiar with this particular field until I looked at the link someone suggested. It seems to me that healthcare administration is very similar. With what I read health insurance might be a niche or healthcare administration or even social work.. Research healthcare administration. And go to a insurance website like Anthem or Medicare. Go to the career section. See if there are jobs that interest you and look for the education background requirements ( type of degree i.e. Business, healthcare administration, social work, or general.

Very detailed..thanks you so much..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:31am On May 30, 2018
stonemasonn:
If you're planning to live around the west coast area you can try western governors university (WGU) MBA health care management. Mostly online, flexible and affordable.

https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degrees/mba-masters-business-administration-healthcare-management-program.html#close

Thanks,I will definitely look into it...God bless you..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bazkid24(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2018
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by rinzaugustine: 3:16am On Jun 01, 2018
stonemasonn:

The problem with online programs are that many are not properly accredited

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by popizaino(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2018
henrydadon:

una dey enjoy life for that side oo..

chai..75 to 35 dollar shouldn't be an issue to any one nah..

smart tv is something that is yet to come to africa..imagine sitting down in your house watching unlimited youtube videos and not having to worry about data...

God go carry me reach that side one day

Lol
smart Tv has been in africa since now grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
rinzaugustine:
The problem with online programs are that many are not properly accredited

True. That goes for programs in a traditional setting also. That is why everyone must do their own fact checks and research even after recommendations from well meaning people. Although, the school that stonemaster named is accreditted and reputable. In my state the government formed a partnership with it. I hope you didnt get burned in the past with accredditation. I have heard of such happening to the point that there were class action law suits. The problem is some of these schools shut down and then reopen under a new name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by adeniyi3971(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2018
FrankNetter:
Ah! Summer time. The weather is progressively getting warmer and the clothes are getting skimpier. grin

Ladies of all shapes and sizes are stepping out with the tiniest of clothing; Bum shorts that leave the ass cheeks hanging out, sundresses that leave nothing to the imagination, even panties and bra and flip flops to top it off. There’s nothing like morality holding these ladies back, trust me when I tell you, these ladies leave nothing to the imagination! They might as well be walking around completely naked shocked

Yankee is beautiful grin

On Saturday, early in the morning, I went to play soccer in Chicago, close to University of Chicago in Illinois (UIC). I drove for like 20 minutes and the sun was still rising when I got there. After playing for 1 hour or so, the weather started getting hotter and hotter. We had to stop cos the sun became unbearable. Even for me, a full blooded African young man, the sun was too hot to handle! When I got in my car, I checked the temperature and it was around 100 degrees Fahrenheit shocked

We were a couple more minutes from having a heatstroke https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_stroke

After soccer, I went home and freshened up, then I drove down to the school to write the English placement test. We were required to read and summarize a story about some lady’s experiences while growing up from a poor background. This was followed by a couple of questions, one of which we were asked to equate the lady’s experiences with something that happened in ours. I wrote about some hardship story using Nigeria as the setting; there was a lot to write about, but I didn’t want to do too much. An academic advisor gave me a tip earlier on, that they aren’t actually looking at the length of your essay, they would be looking at sentence structures and technical stuff. The placement test was done on a computer and lasted approximately 2hours

my brother works in UIC!!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
adeniyi3971:

my brother works in UIC!!
so what should we do about it

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by abimbolar: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
classicview:

so what should we do about it

Use the info withdraw money for gtbank I guess.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
FrankNetter:

Welcome. I wish you all the best cool
U gonna take math placement too?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
abimbolar:

Use the info withdraw money for gtbank I guess.
grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by THEPOTTER(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oga frank and other well informed contributors.

pls what are the chances of a medical radiographer in the US or should i consider a change of career. I shall be anticipating a reply. Thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
mamacajah:

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

You have made this journey easier... time for me to start work and reach out to these schools....

(response to bolded) please lets all give him a standing ovation.. applause applause , applause.. grin

How are you? Were you able to make any progress?

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.