Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683727 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 19, 2017
berryice:
Am really learning alot on this thread...about d sensor toilet nd all lol...Tnx op...Atleast I won't b a jjc to dah now grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by henrydadon(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
Light switches and sockets. Seems this is how the sockets and switches are generally here in US cos its the same thin i see everywhere i go. One good thin i like is the fact that these sockets are everywhere in the house so u can plug in anything anywhere. You can charge ya fones in the bathroom, toilets, kitchen cabinets etc wink

what kind of tv is that? ..

i dont know there are tv that have internet access..

or is it the cable that is connected to the internet..?

and how much do you pay for unlimited internet access a month ?

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2017
henrydadon:

smart television cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by plainmirror(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2017
austino677:
smart television cheesy
Yeah...... over there in Europe many things are smart/digital. Television, phones, watches, cars, houses, ....... just name it
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NONNYG: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2017
falopey:

Lol. Guy, na for dubai before I go America I first had this same experience o. Na so I pee finish. I come tanda for there dey look like lucozade how I go take flush my pee o because na so the pee color well well. I come say haba, I be good Nigerian naa, how I go come use toilet for obodo oyinbo no come flush am. Because na so everything for inside the toilet dey shine. Na so I deeey oo. As I dey reson am, shey I go come sleep for hear now because of say I no see watin to press flush the toilet? I just vex take a step back wan start to dey comot. Na so I just hear the toilet flush all by itself o. I was shocked with surprise.

Now it's time to wash my hand after peeing. Haha again. Which kind wahala be dis. The tap no get handle where I go turn it on or off o. Na just only mouth sticking out eh get. I just stand dey look again but this time looking at a guy making use of the second tap next to me. Na so the guy just see me o. Chai. Which kind embarrassment be dis? I know for him mind, e go be like, see this village boy, he no sabi use ordinary tap. The guy just tell me say make I reach out my hand to the tap. Na so I put my hand forward o like say I dey bey the tap to give me something. The next thing na water I see running out and it automatically stopped as soon as I remove my hand. That was my first experience using such things.
hahahaha, na so oo, 90% of toilets wey dey here na censor dey control am. The one wey surprise me again na hand dryer, if u wash hand finish, just put ur hand under the device, na so e go begin blow hot airgrin under few seconds ur hand go dry

Abi na Dubai train?
our juju still dey learn work where oyibo juju dey, imagine train wey no get driver, dey climb up dey enter underground, open/close door by himself, come dey even talk join (next train station, doors opening/closing) Al abua butublakgrin

I'm not understanding o

29 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by gbaby4live: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2017
plainmirror:

Yeah...... over there in Europe many things are smart/digital. Television, phones, watches, cars, houses, ....... just name it

Lol, we also have smart TV in Nigeria jare...
If you have your money, just go to any Electronic showroom and see for yourself..
You can get smart TV here in Nigeria, starting from 400k upward and make sure your house is connected to internet via WiFi..

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2017
gbaby4live:

If you have your money, just go to any Electronic showroom and see for yourself..
You can get smart TV here in Nigeria, starting from 400k upward and make sure your house is connected to internet via WiFi..
Haha na moto person wan buy?
That is pretty expensive, better worth the cost.
I got a Roku TV for less than 250 dollars. The exchange rate makes it hard to know the value of things in naija these days anyway but that amount is still outrageous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
I do not believe you can buy any TV here in the US these days that does not have an ethernet/Network port in the back and WiFi built in. All these TV's come with apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Pandora, etc. With unlimited access here, you just connect the thing and go!

Unlimited access cost varies depending on download/upload speed. But I would say between $35 - $70 depending on your package. The key thing is - it works uninterrupted. Or RARELY interrupted. A very good Smart TV, say about 50 inche,s can be had for about $500.

henrydadon:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by henrydadon(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Bossman:
I do not believe you can buy any TV here in the US these days that does not have an ethernet/Network port in the back and WiFi built in. All these TV's come with apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Pandora, etc. With unlimited access here, you just connect the thing and go!

Unlimited access cost varies depending on download/upload speed. But I would say between $35 - $70 depending on your package. The key thing is - it works uninterrupted. Or RARELY interrupted. A very good Smart TV, say about 50 inche,s can be had for about $500.

una dey enjoy life for that side oo..

chai..75 to 35 dollar shouldn't be an issue to any one nah..

smart tv is something that is yet to come to africa..imagine sitting down in your house watching unlimited youtube videos and not having to worry about data...

God go carry me reach that side one day

27 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bayocanny: 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
lagosrd:

It seems. People just sees you as too strict. By you're just saying the gospel truth about what is obtainable. Pls can I know which school offers the cheapest tuition for international students and most preferable in your opinion. Thanks
Check the following schools:

Memorial University of NewFoundland
Brandon University
University of Prince Edward Island
University of Manitoba

Memorial has a good program in oil&gas, computer science and other engineering course, the also offer entry scholarship for graduate program in any field. Truth be told, Masters admission in canadian universities are very tight. But then again, you can jumped through it without hassle. I hope you have a good grade in your undergraduate result.

University of Manitoba social science program are the best. Very cheap tuition as well.

Some of their colleges tuition fee is recession friendly grin

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bayocanny: 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
By the special grace of God I will testify very soon on this thread.... If you believe you will testify oya click like

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ZTEN(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
@OP from the bottom of heart I say a BIG THANK YOU for opening of this thread. I enjoy every bit of d info, experience and fun you had in there, thanks for sharing those things... I am processing my VISA too hope to join you soon enough. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lakesidepapa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
henrydadon:

una dey enjoy life for that side oo..

chai..75 to 35 dollar shouldn't be an issue to any one nah..

smart tv is something that is yet to come to africa..imagine sitting down in your house watching unlimited youtube videos and not having to worry about data...

God go carry me reach that side one day

There's smart TV here in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
maternal:

Are you talking about this case ?

http://globalnews.ca/news/3180522/ghanaian-community-in-winnipeg-comes-together-to-help-frostbitten-refugees/

Yea, something like that, how did they do that?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by plainmirror(m): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
gbaby4live:

I am not disputing the availability of such items in Nigeria but over there, it is a common necessity not luxury as we see them.

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by henrydadon(m): 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
lakesidepapa:

There's smart TV here in Nigeria

yeah but it not pupular yet..

and it damn too expensive..an average smart tv should be over 100 thousand naira ..

not too many Nigerians will be able to shell out that amount of money for a tv

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by maternal: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Getbizzzy:

Yea, something like that, how did they do that?

Sneaked into the US and claimed refugee. They denied him then he sneaked into Canada and claimed refugee. Canada will listen to his claim and will most likely grant his claim. Parts of the US/Canadian border is not guarded by custom agents. Actually a large amount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrtWDbFUKxo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lakesidepapa(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
henrydadon:

yeah but it not pupular yet..

and it damn too expensive..an average smart tv should be over 100 thousand naira ..

not too many Nigerians will be able to shell out that amount of money for a tv

I can take u where u can get 32" smart Tv at the rate of 58-60k in Nigeria. Neat and almost new but london used

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by henrydadon(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
lakesidepapa:

I can take u where u can get 32" smart Tv at the rate of 58-60k in Nigeria. Neat and almost new but london used

that one nah second hand nah. .

i dey talk about new one straight from carton ..

but 58 -60K isnt that bad..

one might not even utilize the service fully here in africa.. hulu isnt in africa the last time i checked..

average unlimited data plan in nigeria is 10 thousands naira a month..

i fit use that 10k buy food stuff for house

Africa we still have a long way to go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
henrydadon:

one might not even utilize the service fully here in africa.. hulu isnt in africa the last time i checked..

10k for unlimited keh.... Never! Unlimited that has a data limit set on it? That one no b unlimited na

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
henrydadon:

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
It's been raining all morning today

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
Considering starting up a blog along with a social media account -maybe instagram or snapchat (as suggested by a nairalander), that way, I can upload videos as well.

I intend to remain anonymous for the time being though.

What do you guys think?

21 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ademat7(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good,I suggest that earlier by the way if u get online training I'm available.
FrankNetter:
Considering starting up a blog along with a social media account -maybe instagram or snapchat (as suggested by a nairalander), that way, I can upload videos as well.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
CFCman:
It's been raining all morning today
chai no flood.. No person dey drop dustbin for gutter.. Oma lawd.. Oyinbo is swt..

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
FrankNetter:
OI intend to remain anonymous for the time being though.

What do you guys think?
e go ooo.. But NL here dey swt ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
swtman:
chai no flood.. No person dey drop dustbin for gutter.. Oma lawd.. Oyinbo is swt..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMF9GefinY

See flood in texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOIKadTCbs

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

What do you guys think?
That's nice.
What do you want to write about?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
This is a very highly and etertaining thread! Mr Frank I tap into your blessing man, pray my UK application brings me positive news

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by berryice(f): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
Following up...d instagram account won't b a bad idea
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
berryice:
Following up...d instagram account won't b a bad idea
instaphoto grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lagosrd: 7:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
bayocanny:

Check the following schools:

Memorial University of NewFoundland
Brandon University
University of Prince Edward Island
University of Manitoba

Memorial has a good program in oil&gas, computer science and other engineering course, the also offer entry scholarship for graduate program in any field. Truth be told, Masters admission in canadian universities are very tight. But then again, you can jumped through it without hassle. I hope you have a good grade in your undergraduate result.

University of Manitoba social science program are the best. Very cheap tuition as well.

Some of their colleges tuition fee is recession friendly grin

Ure the best. Don't worry when I join you there we will have more voices telling the youth to do whatever it is legally to get a life worth living.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (220) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.