Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work (3771 Views)

Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! / Relationship: Do Not Quit Until These Things Happens / According To Research If You Want A Happy Lasting Relationship Do These Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Millz404(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2016
Who says it absolutely doesn’t, there are people who try very hard to keep it working. And mind you,those are the same people who stretch it for too long and end up frustrated and heartbroken.
So if you are in long Distance Relationship or even thinking to get in, I suggest you consider everything and then decide to take it.

1. It’s about being together:

Why did you start dating in the first place? To be together, right? Then you have to realize that it’s not easy to keep dating when you’re not together. You don’t get to see each other every day, most of your romance will be limited to skype calls and texting; are you sure you want it?

2. New people:

When you move to new place, everything changes, including the atmosphere and the kind of people you earlier hung out with. You meet new people, and you might change, with that, your feelings for your partner might change and that’s fine. Just accept it and move on.

3. Jealousy:

Yes, there are going to be pretty people around them, in their snapchats and most of the video calls. Soon you’ll be having fights about it. “who’s that b!tch in the background” might be a start!

4. Fights:

Now that the fights have started there are always going to be fights, fights, fights. No matter how much you both try to keep cool, you will end up fighting and fall asleep crying.

5. Distance is okay:

Soon you might stop feeling the need to talk to them, and might completely stop missing them. Trust me, it happens. Distance is no more a problem, because with time your feelings are fading and this is where you should understand that you have to let go.

6. Different lifestyle:

You might have different schedules or with time adopt different lifestyles, and if you do then late night calls are going to be a problem when she wants to go clubbing and all you want to do after a long tiring day is to talk to her.

7. No sex. Really, NONE!

Let’s face it, all the dirty texting and sex chatting in the world doesn’t help your desire to have sex. grin

So think it through before you make such a (stupid) decision.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 06, 2016
U actually right but#7 is a benefit if yer celibate.
○○○○○
But that #5 though cry
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by RoyalBlak007: 3:26am On Dec 06, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
U actually right but#7 is a benefit if yer celibate.
○○○○○
But that #5 though cry

.yeah 5.
though embarassed grin grin .
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 06, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

.yeah 5.
though embarassed grin grin .

tis sad....why is u grinnin'
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by richidinho(m): 4:08am On Dec 06, 2016
grin
Long distance couple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by HungerBAD: 4:09am On Dec 06, 2016
Me and Ishilove own dey work fine.

But sometimes her phone's dey off if i call.

Ishilove come and explain why your phones dey off sometimes, and where you dey then?

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2016
HungerBAD:

Ishilove come and explain why your phones dey off sometimes, and where you dey then?
Hehe grin
○○○○
I think u 2 make a cute couple. Congratulations on yer success may it be my success also.
.....minus the non callsgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by RoyalBlak007: 9:00am On Dec 06, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
tis sad....why is u grinnin'

.Hey babe.
the sketchbook dont save my sketch? .
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

.Hey babe.
the sketchbook dont save my sketch? .

Click the = and share it 2 yer device
or click the 3 dots and choose were else u'd like 2 share/save it (cloud storage ,if u have 1)
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by drnoel: 10:07am On Dec 06, 2016
Millz404:
Who says it absolutely doesn’t, there are people who try very hard to keep it working. And mind you,those are the same people who stretch it for too long and end up frustrated and heartbroken.
So if you are in long Distance Relationship or even thinking to get in, I suggest you consider everything and then decide to take it.

1. It’s about being together:

Why did you start dating in the first place? To be together, right? Then you have to realize that it’s not easy to keep dating when you’re not together. You don’t get to see each other every day, most of your romance will be limited to skype calls and texting; are you sure you want it?

2. New people:

When you move to new place, everything changes, including the atmosphere and the kind of people you earlier hung out with. You meet new people, and you might change, with that, your feelings for your partner might change and that’s fine. Just accept it and move on.

3. Jealousy:

Yes, there are going to be pretty people around them, in their snapchats and most of the video calls. Soon you’ll be having fights about it. “who’s that b!tch in the background” might be a start!

4. Fights:

Now that the fights have started there are always going to be fights, fights, fights. No matter how much you both try to keep cool, you will end up fighting and fall asleep crying.

5. Distance is okay:

Soon you might stop feeling the need to talk to them, and might completely stop missing them. Trust me, it happens. Distance is no more a problem, because with time your feelings are fading and this is where you should understand that you have to let go.

6. Different lifestyle:

You might have different schedules or with time adopt different lifestyles, and if you do then late night calls are going to be a problem when she wants to go clubbing and all you want to do after a long tiring day is to talk to her.

7. No sex. Really, NONE!

Let’s face it, all the dirty texting and sex chatting in the world doesn’t help your desire to have sex. grin

Bullshit. I was in a long distance relationship for 8 years with d lady that became my wife before we wedded.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Thashen(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2016
drnoel:

Bullshit. I was in a long distance relationship for 8 years with d lady that became my wife before we wedded.
Damn. Eight years is a long time.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by jelil01: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2016
drnoel:

8years.

Hw do u guys understand each other? asin like behaviour and d likes
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by jelil01: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Me sef, i was in a close-distance relationship.

Who can relate to dis?? ?? ??
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Millz404(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
drnoel:

You two were just friends crushing on each other for the most part of the 8 years and having subsidiary relationships in between while still keeping a little flame for each other by the side until towards the end of the two tenures one thing lead another and you got serious and wedded almost immediately or within a short period...

In Lil Wayne's voice

i wasn't born last night

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Tobilexy: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
I'm into one I must say I'm fed up but just trying to still follow up as she tries to kip in touch. so many ladies around me what can ido i mean....

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by ButterFrost212(f): 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
embarassed embarassed sad but true!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin

NIKE (NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE)... Don't give up til u find that right person u wanna spend the rest of ur life.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by RoyalBlak007: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
Click the = and share it 2 yer device
or click the 3 dots and choose were else u'd like 2 share/save it (cloud storage ,if u have 1)

.Its a cool app.
ok thanks...but show me some of yer sketch grin.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by SlimmB(m): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Millz404:

7. No sex. Really, NONE!

grin
very false no.7
Trust me, you only experience great sex in distance relationship tongue just depends on both partners undecided but when you guys are so close you kinda take yourself for granted without even knowing tongue
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Ishilove: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
HungerBAD:

Babe, when I dey hala since sey I want a new phone, you no answer me. The times when the phone is off are those times when the phone goes to sleep...on its own.

You are not taking care of me at all. Is this how you will use 'Ijebu' to finish my enemy when you finally pay my bride price?? angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by HungerBAD: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ishilove:

Babe, when I dey hala since sey I want a new phone, you no answer me. The times when the phone is off are those times when the phone goes to sleep...on its own.

You are not taking care of me at all. Is this how you will use 'Ijebu' to finish my enemy when you finally pay my bride price?? angry

No ohh.

I only drive through Ijebu,when I am traveling home to the Niger Delta. I don't even stop there to buy anything,so the spirit of Ijebu don't become a friend.

I will take care of you.

I will even buy you Sardine and bread,then with Lacasera to push it down.

My love is real.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Ishilove: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
HungerBAD:

No ohh.

I only drive through Ijebu,when I am traveling home to the Niger Delta. I don't even stop there to buy anything,so the spirit of Ijebu don't become a friend.

I will take care of you.

I will even buy you Sardine and bread,then with Lacasera to push it down.

My love is real.

I see you conveniently avoided the phone part...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by ashewoboy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
this ishilove nvr marry but she sabi give marriage advice.

ishilove, can you show me your picture?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Ishilove: 7:42am On Dec 07, 2016
ashewoboy:
this ishilove nvr marry but she sabi give marriage advice.

Point out where I gave the marital advice or forever hold your peace, because it seems your brain has begun it's habitual farting.

Abeg shift.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by ashewoboy(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2016
Ishilove:

Point out where I gave the marital advice or forever hold your peace, because it seems your brain has begun it's habitual farting.

Abeg shift.

crappy reply. sheeee you nor dey give marital advice? don't you like to jump on marriage threads?

hypocrite.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by An0nimus: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2016
Ishilove:

Abeg shift.

lmao, what wickedness is this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by olawealth1000(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2016
Presently battling through one
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by drnoel: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
Millz404:

You two were just friends crushing on each other for the most part of the 8 years and having subsidiary relationships in between while still keeping a little flame for each other by the side until towards the end of the two tenures one thing lead another and you got serious and wedded almost immediately or within a short period...

In Lil Wayne's voice

i wasn't born last night

Bros sorry but u don't know nada. It was out of mutual understanding simple. At a time I tried to move on but she didn't, we remained best of friends till I returned and gave her a ring. Distant relationships are not for faint hearted.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hmmmmmmnnnn embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ishilove:

One of the things hungerbad loves about you is that you are a self made independent chick who doesn't need a boyfriend to buy you a phone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Long Distance Relationship DO NOT Work by hahn(m): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
ashewoboy:

crappy reply. sheeee you nor dey give marital advice? don't you like to jump on marriage threads?

hypocrite.

Actually, ishilove is married to Jesus smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Next I Come To This World, I Will Come To This World As Your Bra(photo) / She Was Sucking The Thing As If She Was Licking Lollipop & He Was Shocked(pics) / ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.