Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria (2694 Views)

Liberian Woman Deals With Her Cheating Nigerian Husband, Sells House / Nwanyi Ocha, Swiss Blogger Celebrates Her Nigerian Husband's Birthday In Igbo / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Marriedatlast: 3:25am On Dec 06, 2016
Hello guys hope you can give me some good advice.

Well i met a nigerian guy in (2005) In the Uk, When i was 22. We got married 3 years later when i was 25. Two years later we went on holiday for my birthday and sadly this is where the trouble started. Altogether i have been with this man 11 years.

He wasnt allowed back home to the Uk. They said my husbands pp was fake And the nightmare began 6 years ago.

6years ago my husband landed in Nigeria and i tried to help but it just didnt work.

There and then i was ready to come to Nigeria and be with my husband i was never gonna let them win. Love is love no matter where in the world as long as we were together. But my husband said no-way . Pls help me to come to so so and so place or country i grew quite angry at these requests. As i knew my husband and i couldnt be happy in any of those places. I just wanted peace for both of us it was a very restless time.

I have visited Nigeria to manytimes to keep up. I know that things are tough or can be tough. But i just pray that god will send a blessing to us for our courage, faith etc for keeping our vows. At least if were eating, clothed have a decent place to live and i can sit home and educate my kids that would be a huge blessing.

A couple of months back i asked for some assisstance and guidance.
But guess what today and just today my husband finally made some sense and we are going to try and plan a medium bussiness and i will come to live in Nigeria

Proberbly like a restaurant (which my husband will take care of).

Me well i will be a full house wfe taking care of my husband,children(that we will have in jesus name) etc. I will ensure i take up some hobbies like growing food etc to lower expenses. Use tailors for nice but none expensive wear (which i usually look fabulous in anyway ). I usually stay home when holidaying in Nigeria. I did go everywhere the 1st times but i love staying home except for food shopping which i went to market and bought daily by myself. I dont like to act different i dont like to be treated different. Especially when i make the effort to be the similar like going market and yes cooking food for my husband and inlaws. (Who taught me how to cook).

I dont really ask for much now in life. Except the above (My husband, some children and a mediocre life style) Ive had everything ive had a carrer that i studied hard for wonderful supportive husband enough money to buy many glamourous things ive travelled the world done all sorts of backpacking teaching English and stuff actually. Had a nice home all disapeared one by one after what happened to my husband i gave up for a little while. But ive seen better opportunities and educational experiences since this. When one door shuts look for another and it will open.

I know my husband loves me hes suffering over there not necessariliy because of money but because his whole life was taken away. Ive never seen or heard my husband drunk till he went back to nigeria and i cant know of other things that could be affecting him as he will never say.

So guys im happy to share my story with you. Why ?because you can see from this its not many things in the west especially free and i want freedom.

What do you guys think is my little plan fesible? Could i stay in Nigeria and live happily ever after?
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by pimplucious: 3:38am On Dec 06, 2016
This is interesting. U sure can stay in Nigeria or anywhere in the world and live happily ever after if u have the necessary resources for this.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nutase: 4:13am On Dec 06, 2016
Give it a deep thought then follow your heart. Wish you the best.
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 4:33am On Dec 06, 2016
...speechless but I love your courage. I don't know which aspect to address as you've raised a lot of issues: family life, business, living in Nigeria, etc. However, my prayer is that God will see you through and guide your steps.

Could I stay in Nigeria and live happily ever after? Yes, some people are actually happy and comfortable living in Nigeria. You only need to define what comfortability means to you (which I think you've done - happy living at home with hubby and children). If comfortability to you means: 100% power supply, lack of mosquitoes or absence of noise, you may need a rethink.

Continue to discuss the business idea with your husband, and possibly, hire me (for a market-research/business plan/or feasibility study on your idea). I have a few comprehensive sample I could give at no cost for your perusal, although none on your preferred idea (restaurant).

I wish you all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 4:52am On Dec 06, 2016
It all comes down to ur expectation...its kinda easy to live in nigeria cos people are really good with minding their business so u wont feel diff but life without money in nigeria is kinda hard
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 5:16am On Dec 06, 2016
Acidosis:
...speechless but I love your courage. I don't know which aspect to address as you've raised a lot of issues: family life, business, living in Nigeria, etc. However, my prayer is that God will see you through and guide your steps.

Could I stay in Nigeria and live happily ever after? Yes, some people are actually happy and comfortable living in Nigeria. You only need to define what comfortability means to you (which I think you've done - happy living at home with hubby and children). If comfortability to you means: 100% power supply, lack of mosquitoes or absence of noise, you may need a rethink.

Continue to discuss the business idea with your husband, and possibly, hire me (for a market-research/business plan/or feasibility study on your idea). I have a few comprehensive sample I could give at no cost for your perusal, although none on your preferred idea (restaurant).

I wish you all the best.

Guy it been long I read ur post... how u??

@Op welcome to Nigeria...
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:42am On Dec 06, 2016
pendusky:

Guy it been long I read ur post... how u??

@Op welcome to Nigeria...
I'm good bro, and you?
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Acidosis:

I'm good bro, and you?
I'm awesome.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by enoqueen: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmmmm

U are naive.

Take ur time sha!

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by nnamdibig(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2016
Wish you the best. But ensure your husband is sincere with these plans of his.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by nnamdibig(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2016
enoqueen:
Hmmmmm
U are naive.
Take ur time sha!
My thought
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by jaymejate: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2016
In short sis

You met oversea, got married, came to Nigeria and then your Husband wasn't allowed to go back Now
You wanna come home and be joined with your Husband

It's been long without seeing each other,
Are you sure, he has not been forced to marry another woman here at home?

If you come back, be ready to see different things, Maybe
Just be as wise as you can be and then, you'll live happily ever after

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by inemani: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Marriedatlast, what is your nationality? Shebi na Naija u wan come, brace yourself my sister. Nigeria is a beautiful place, I pray your in-laws don't make it look ugly when u finally land. Nnooo!

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Do you need constant power or internet? Are you afraid of malaria? Are you ok with your husband cheating? cry I won't discourage you because I know some foreigners who have been in Nigeria for years. They are truly happy and have no desire to return to their homeland. But make sure you have something to go home to in case things don't work out. Before you leave, place some money in account that only you can access. When you go to your husband and he wants to know about money, tell him you only have a specific amount. Always keep up with how much you have spent from that figure so your husband does not suspect anything. For example, if you have 10,000 pounds of savings, put aside 7,000 in a private account and tell your husband you have 3,000. He is going to chop the money for various things until it's gone. At that point, he has to believe you don't have any more or you may find yourself in a bad situation. Once your money is finished, you will see your true Nigerian husband.

3 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Squad4(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nigeria is hard, trust me that's why your husband left in the first place and why he wants you to help him settle some place else.

That said, it better you forget the idea of staying at home, i don't know if you are white or black but with your accent, you could get a fantastic job in marketing or customer relations fairly easy.

You can build a life together here, but i hope your man got a job also? First time entrepreneurs don't do so well when starting something big when you haven't managed something small before.

Do your home work, Nigeria is a very free place, I've lived here all my life and all i ever want to do outside is to go sight seeing and come straight back. We have challenges, but with those challenges comes opportunities.

All the best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
fijiano202:
It all comes down to ur expectation...its kinda easy to live in nigeria cos people are really good with minding their business so u wont feel diff but life without money in nigeria is kinda hard
@bolded, which Nigeria are you talking about?cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Captainbells:
Same..all depends on where u grow up
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
fijiano202:
It doesn't matter where one was brought up, truth is in every Nigerian household, you have one or two family members who wants to know every little detail about you.
Even neighbours join

And nope I didn't grow up in Nigeria, even at that I still had my "Aunties and uncles" telling me how to behave over the phone.

5 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
Captainbells:

you have one or two family members who wants to know every litle detail
sorry darling,it all comes down to ur parents,i dont even talk to any aunts or uncles,my parents never allow such relationshiPs
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
fijiano202:
Hunny my parents never allowed such, but you don't rule out your family because you are trying to bring up your child in a certain kind of way.
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Captainbells:
Honestly u do cos u need protect ur kids future,imagine a cousin extorting me when i was around 14,my mum was kinda annoyed abt it,she always tell her family never to come near her kids in anyway
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by NoToPile: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin

I couldn't help but laugh at some posts, marriedatlast let's hope he is for real and he is not married to another woman here.
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Dont come to Nigeria...

Unless you are sure you can handle leaving in Iraq or Afghanistan
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Arijude(m): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Do you need constant power or internet? Are you afraid of malaria? Are you ok with your husband cheating? cry I won't discourage you because I know some foreigners who have been in Nigeria for years. They are truly happy and have no desire to return to their homeland. But make sure you have something to go home to in case things don't work out. Before you leave, place some money in account that only you can access. When you go to your husband and he wants to know about money, tell him you only have a specific amount. Always keep up with how much you have spent from that figure so your husband does not suspect anything. For example, if you have 10,000 pounds of savings, put aside 7,000 in a private account and tell your husband you have 3,000. He is going to chop the money for various things until it's gone. At that point, he has to believe you don't have any more or you may find yourself in a bad situation. Once your money is finished, you will see your true Nigerian husband.
lol ya bad woman

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
Captainbells:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

So funny right? When everybody's nose is permanently stuck in your business.

Anyway, Marriedatlast, you're welcome to Nigeria where the hospitality, smile and embrace of the people are as warm as the weather. I'm sure you won't regret it.

Look for a good neighbourhood to settle down in and you'll enjoy it here.

Oh BTW, watch out for those pesky mosquitoes. Malaria is a real phenomenon here. Enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by sisisioge: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Eeeeeewwweee! Baby girl biko stay where you are o! Whew! Or at least, keep your papers and inform your country's consulate to keep track of you here in naija. God is about to open your eyes to things you refused to see before. Anyways, any head destined to chop knock most chop it , if them hid am inside cooler e go still request for fresh air. It is well with you!

House wife ke? Akata yi ma goo ke?

Dyt! Come and see o

6 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by whiteroses(f): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
What is your profession please ?
If you don't have any skills / ventures (nursing , teaching, accounting, spa & beauty ? ) I'm afraid that You are a bit unrealistic.
Nigeria is not a Ready to eat moin moin and soft bread, frustration is everywhere.
Can I ask why you dint go through for your husband to be with you in Britain ? You let him down majorly I must say but you'd never know how important it is to him. You are better off in the UK than Nigeria. Then move back together in the future
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
That's what I'm talking about......Quality Wife material....75 yards. smiley...God bless you dear..and grant you all your heart desires...But please try and reconsider the house wife thing....That status is not always cool especially when you do not know what to expect in a foreign land. what are you gonna fall back on when it did not work out the way you planned it Financial wise....think about it....
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
Arijude:
lol ya bad woman

Trained in the art of Proverbs 31 Wife wink

1 Like

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
fijiano202:

We Nigerians do not, I repeat do not mind our business. Let her know the truth and stop sugar coating reality

Madam, if you intend to relocate make sure you have a good source of income. There comes a time when love alone can not cover your eyes to some certain things. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Mayflowa(m): 12:59am On Dec 07, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Go joor
Which kain thing be this. Your advice is good but you ruined it by adding " you will see your true Nigeria husband" That is not necessary to say of husbands and wives
Re: Coming To Live With My Nigerian Husband In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 07, 2016
Mayflowa:

Go joor
Which kain thing be this. Your advice is good but you ruined it by adding " you will see your true Nigeria husband" That is not necessary to say of husbands and wives

I am saying when the money is finished, he will show his true character. If he is a good husband, he will continue to be. But if there is hidden motive, it will become known. She is talking of being a housewife, so it is apparent her husband has not informed her of the hardships. Maybe her hubby is the long lost son of Dangote and there is no need for worry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Claims She Loves And Misses Me But Cannot Visit. / BIZARRE! 10-years-old Boy Having Carnal Knowledge Of A Goat. / My Family Friends Use Their Step Mother As Their Profile Picture On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.