Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer (35816 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by HomeOfMe(f): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by VICTOFX(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Personally I wouldn't blame him, i blv he hss reasons , and there is where he sees himself in in a certain time frame , and must have well drafted how he intends to get there, and I know a level of self confidence is @ work here. But if i was to be in his shoes, i would have negotiated for a contract not permanent job, @ such he would have room to learn from Bill and implement in his own firm, cos from personal experience i know it takes more than just skill or talent to attain an international reputation and maintaining the status quo. But in all, I wish him the best.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by octopusfreaky(f): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Zedoo:

Ure dogmatic. He has chosen...he knows his path alrdy and isn't willing to do what ur parents did that put them where they are and also put u at ur level of thought.... You think Microsoft will allow him build his own biz on the side The number one rule of employeeism is prepare to be MILKED DRY .... Leave nigga alone.... Allow him fail first before critiquing... Africans and servant mentality....nothing is cast is stone....life is a game of risks....
lovely comment.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by poyet(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
A few years from here this guy will achieve what Bill wouldn't be able to give him! I love his vision and courage!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
jtjohn:
lol.....The ban pain me
i thought u want to say thunder fire him
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Zedoo(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
phemsie:

me i won't turn down such vital experience i will go for it to gather the much needed experience the i will start my own thing. age is still there na

Hey everybody please come and see what our parents said that landed them in the middle class and gave us little or no belief in ourselves....
The earlier you break the shell of fear and realise there is no straight path to success, the better for you.....
Our parents tried to work for someone a few years.....50years down the line, they realised they had chased elusive job security and meager salary increments..... Your boss is always the person willing to toe the line you are afraid to.....
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Adeliebe: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
I don't think he is stupid, he knows his worth and what he's able to do. This guy will get a job anywhere if he fails.

Khd95:
I think he is quite stupid or inexperience

Why dont u work at microsoft for few years,while u as well start ur own #slatecurb,experience at microsoft will help u a great deal.

Biko which unemployment do u want to curb in dis buharimonic era
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Adeliebe: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well said Bro
Zedoo:

Ure dogmatic. He has chosen...he knows his path alrdy and isn't willing to do what ur parents did that put them where they are and also put u at ur level of thought.... You think Microsoft will allow him build his own biz on the side The number one rule of employeeism is prepare to be MILKED DRY .... Leave nigga alone.... Allow him fail first before critiquing... Africans and servant mentality....nothing is cast in stone....life is a game of risks....
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Ihuomadinihu: 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
Name checkers where is this boy from, make we know weda dem send am jass from village
He is an Igbo boy.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by ideylaff: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Why is the headline so confusing and diluted in misrepresenting the story.

It's not Bill Gates that offered the boy a job. It's Microsoft that employs many people like him . It's not a big deal to work for Microsoft .

Lol. A lot of unexposed peeps on here
It's not as if the boy was offered a major role

Was he?

Wrong headline
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

He is an Igbo boy.
The name doesn't look igbo
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

He is an Igbo boy.
The name doesn't look igbo, either way d guy need deliverance
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by tdayof(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yoshy:
He is a guy with vision, back then in school, dude will skip lectures just to do his thing. Personally i believe he will achieve his goal and objective. He want to employ people not the other way round. Learn to dream big, innovate and visionize, don't talk bad about others because they don't think like you. #peace

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by SimpleBea(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
wow!!!. The powerful tools used by a billionaire is time. i know my hard work and passion will pay very soon.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Bigajeff(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
I see a lot of cowards going against this guy's decision, you didn't see what he envision. A man must be able to stand and live by his decision. Great men don't join the crowd, they stand out. Wish him success.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Kubany: 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

The name doesn't look igbo
He is Igbo, from Abia State. We both attended Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Computer Science Department. Because of his dreams, he couldn't complete the undergraduate program. His dreams were too big for our frustrating system of Education.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by sweetilicious(f): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Khd95:

Why dont u work at microsoft for few years,while u as well start ur own #slatecurb,experience at microsoft will help u a great deal.

Exactly. But atleast let him build from the scratch. It won't be easy at first but in some years time, he will get a better experiences. Building a business from scratch can be a very big experience he wouldn't have gotten from microsoft ceo if he was there. Let him toil his own route as bill did. Kudos to him for believing in himself.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
May God grant me such grace and wisdom to follow my dreams cos am about to.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Gerrard59(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
cutetonye009:
There is nothing strange about it, [/b]I know of a friend (engineer) who is on the verge of turning down a job as an upstream engineer with NLNG for consultancy role at McKinsey and Company.[b] I have advised him, cursed him and begged him but he remains adamant still.

He is doing the best thing in his career. McKinsey and Company is FAR better than NLNG.

He can even come back 2-3 years and become the CEO of NLNG - Tidjane Thiam of Credit Suisse.

https://www.nairaland.com/1527136/mckinsey-interview

A Nairalander thread, narrated by another Nairalander.

@Emmy9ite, are you seeing what I'm see grin?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by habsydiamond(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
I pray he won't regret it oo. Nigerians no send u oooo. If u give us work today tomorrow we go say u no do anything ni o. Its better to think well on somethings better taking a decision on them.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
I like the fact he refuses to be a slave, why work for Bill gates wey no finish school. when he can do better in his field and give Bill Gates a contract job?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Cromagnon: 1:46am On Dec 07, 2016
Elgeelistic:
I think the young man is overly excited about his idea which is good, but he made a very big mistake by rejecting he offer. Take the offer, build your competence with Microsoft for one or max 2 years, get necessary connection and funds before you launch out on your own 100%.

However, I sincerely pray you prove me wrong in 5yrs time.
where did Bill Gates build competence and connections. Slave mentality is real
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by glassjar1: 2:17am On Dec 07, 2016
Fat lies
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by glassjar1: 2:21am On Dec 07, 2016
Sweet lies .

This niggas e cheesy cheesy grin grin

Amercans got to see pure monkey lies

Do you know how many. Highly talented chinese ,south korean . Indians soft engineer in USA got no job. Nigeria and lies
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by glassjar1: 2:22am On Dec 07, 2016
Lies. Lies lies. Zoo
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by hollypagan: 2:33am On Dec 07, 2016
Khd95:

i think is you that is stupid ,you want him to work with microsoft where he doesn't have time to build is own career rather work for other person , boy ,money is not everything the guy got his own talent to build his future

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by sekem: 2:42am On Dec 07, 2016
I'm sure sometime in the past someone must've offered a similar deal to Billy but Billy turned it down instanta.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by harveyspec: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Asam2:
to me he is wrong

he should accept the offer then start building his website and employment things letters, no matter how skillful you are, some one will see u down and teach u like a baby.

good for him..

I hope you are aware that all things u develop while working for most tech firms whether by the side or in the office belongs to the firm. there are clauses embedded in their contract

Aren't u aware that bill gates turned down an offer frm IBM. what is the outcome today?

where did Mark zukerberg work? Where did he aquire his own experience?

I'll advice you watch a series episode titled "silicon valley" it will give u an insight into the tech world
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Techliet(m): 3:19am On Dec 14, 2016
i just came across the details and info of Chris Kwekowe of Slatecube, the guy is a greate guy. please go through this https://www.techliet.com/biography-of-chris-kwekowe-of-slatecube-who-turned-down-job-offer-bill-gates/
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Gbengageorge: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Yoshy:
He is a guy with vision, back then in school, dude will skip lectures just to do his thing. Personally i believe he will achieve his goal and objective. He want to employ people not the other way round. Learn to dream big, innovate and visionize, don't talk bad about others because they don't think like you. #peace

I wish him luck if he has capital, connection and he is in Nigeria or in USA with his brains, otherwise, regrets for him.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by guiddoti: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
Khd95:

You think like a slave to you choice. The young man is wiser than you in all I have deduce from his choice of no. Wisdom is the principal thing, in all, get understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News:Reps Remove Age Limit On Employment / Fortis Mfb Online Aptitude Test Invite For Management Trainee / Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.