Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592971 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by lobiologs(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
I can't even wait anymore. I'll be back when the story must have been done. The anticipation dey kill person mehn, mama see you when I see you.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
lobiologs:
I can't even wait anymore. I'll be back when the story must have been done. The anticipation dey kill person mehn, mama see you when I see you.

Supported.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
lobiologs:
u're rili nt serious
Re: Red Ashes by lobiologs(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chumzypinky:

u're rili nt serious

LMAO... I thought this would even make you write one more update, Chai!!!! This mind game did not work. Anyways, i'll be catching up on the story this weekend and then after that anytime i can. tongue
Re: Red Ashes by MozB: 1:52am On Jan 20, 2017
one mumu girl will be there slapping and talking to people anyhow she likes.. Mtcheeew! Na wa o
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2017
MABEL.
Nathan entered the house fuming. His face wasnt cheerful at all. I sat up 'whats the matter dear?'

'nothing' he replied curtly 'have you eaten?'

'yes i have. I stopped over at Chioma's house on our way from the church. I ate at her house'

'okay' he sat on the couch.

'why do you look angry? Is anything the matter? What of Claire?'

'i'm not really angry...thats i'm just mad at the guy that stood Kaka up at the alter'

'oh! That was a very crazy one. That guy really is heartless. I felt fot the poor girl really. By the way, a man was here, said his name was Honorable Jude Bassey...do you know him?'

'no i dont' his reply was too quick, sudden and suspicious. There was something doubtful about his reply.

'are you sure? He claimed to know me and he kept asking of you and he threatened to arrest me if i didnt release you to him. Is he...is he your father?'

'i dont have a father mum! I grew up with you alone, you're my father and mother in one'

'you know i have a memory loss, so tell me son if he truly is your father so we'll know where to start helping you from because his face was so familiar'

'mum please...i dont know the man you're talking about and i dont care to know. He's not my father, i am fatherless. I only have a mother and thats you'

'Nathan stop hiding things from me. Dont you want me regaining my memories?'

'i already thought maybe seeing people from your past would make you remember everything but since you've not. Then we'll manage this way'

'what are you saying Nathan? Do you want me to remain like this? Not remembering anything? Everyday a man on suit comes here to make reports about a certain company claimed to be mine. Everyday i recieve an alert that a certain amount of money is paid into my account. What its being paid for, i dont even know. I cant seem to remember anything...anything from my past, my childhood and all. Everyday i keep having flashes. Everday i keep having migraines. Because i smile everyday, you think i'm happy right?'

'mum....'

'its okay' i stood up and climbed the stairs.

JOLADE.

'do you need company?'

I looked up to see Kelvin with a tray containing juice and springrolls in his hands, smiling.

I just nodded 'more than your company, i need those things on that tray'

He smiled 'who brought them here? If you need them then you'll have no other choice but to need me as well'

'says who?'

'says me...' he said as he lowered it on the small table in front of me 'can i?' he pointed at the space beside me on the bench.

'yes'

He sat.

I threw a springroll into my mouth 'care for some?'

He shook his head 'no thanks'

'not really. I had no intentions of giving you anyway'

He just smiled 'i guess i knew your intentions'

I returned my gaze to the newspaper i was reading before he came in. Then i raised my head 'Kelvin, i want to ask for something'

'what is that ma'am?'

'can you...did you tell anyone about what happened that day?'

'what day?'

'dont be silly!' i looked around first 'that night you rescued me'

'oh!' he smiled 'i didnt. Why?'

'i just wanted to know. Thanks. No ear should hear about it. It should be just the both of us. Understood?'

'yes ma'

'then thats where the favour comes in. I need contacts on the boys that did those things to me..' i looked around again 'what i'm telling you now should be strictly between us, promise to keep it a secret?'

'i promise'

'good. So i need contacts on those boys. One of them left their seed in me and...'

He jerked his head up 'huh?'

'just listen. And i'm pregnant. It isnt for Nathan, my fiance. Its for one of those guys with a hidden identity. I want to find them please, can you help me?'

I looked at him. Then he lowered his head. Then i thought i saw tears fall from his eyes. Then he raised up his hand.

TBC

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Hmm... I think Kelvin was the one who raped her. Ghen Ghen... he'll definitely tell Nathan, he won't let her get married and give his child to another man.
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2017
hmmmmmmm thinking...................... angry butu waituuuu ona no sure say kelvin join for d sampling of sister jolade during dat sampling exercise? grin am just saying sha...

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by yusufibrahim(m): 9:43am On Jan 20, 2017
Anty Chumzypinky u are really doing a nice job more grace to you.... Casimir abi wetin be him name self na basted why lead her on wen u know u can't marry her that's the high of irresponsibility tooo bad and nene too she conclud too fast and take regrettable action...... All good ma'am keep them coming
#Respect
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2017
wizsolzy:
hmmmmmmm thinking...................... angry butu waituuuu ona no sure say kelvin join for d sampling of sister jolade during dat sampling exercise? grin am just saying sha...

I said it before that kelvin was among the rapist and it seems he left his seeds on a fertile land.

Nice one Chumzypinky, you're a great writer

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Teaphe(f): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2017
WOW nice story chumzypinky........
More grease to your elbow ma'am

Re: Red Ashes by pixzybee(f): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2017
I knew it.... Kelvin is responsible
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
Teaphe:
WOW nice story chumzypinky........ More grease to your elbow ma'am
tanx honey
Re: Red Ashes by twinkiet(f): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mummy pinky. I swear I fit die for your matter. I really love this story. You are the best mummy. Update before I kidnap you or you are in the other room wink.
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
twinkiet:
Mummy pinky. I swear I fit die for your matter. I really love this story. You are the best mummy. Update before I kidnap you or you are in the other room wink.

so za oza room is her hobby...... now i know y d updates are always late undecided
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
Prettyhurts:

I said it before that kelvin was among the rapist and it seems he left his seeds on a fertile land.

Nice one Chumzypinky, you're a great writer

hmmmmm issorite.... oya sup kiss grin
Re: Red Ashes by ladyverere(f): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ahn ahn. Nene too dey quick dey hot! What happened to hearing from the other side and giving one the benefit of the doubt? By the way does she not believe in the blood oath she made Nathan go through with her? Her insecurity on relationship issue is getting on my nerve like seriously.

Ehen Kelvin, I hope say... It's not what I am beginning to think. Make I keep quiet sha make Madam Chumzypinky tell her tory.

Chumzy my love, more mb to your new phone. #blowskisses#
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
ladyverere:
Ahn ahn. Nene too dey quick dey hot! What happened to hearing from the other side and giving one the benefit of the doubt? By the way does she not believe in the blood oath she made Nathan go through with her? Her insecurity on relationship issue is getting on my nerve like seriously.

Ehen Kelvin, I hope say... It's not what I am beginning to think. Make I keep quiet sha make Madam Chumzypinky tell her tory.

Chumzy my love, more mb to your new phone. #blowskisses#
tanx luv
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
wizsolzy:

so za oza room is her hobby...... now i know y d updates are always late undecided
yeye

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by prisiliveth: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kelvin why?
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
abeg no tell me say na Kelvin gi am belle shocked
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
wizsolzy:

hmmmmm issorite.... oya sup kiss grin
Lips legally taken. Sorry you hear
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Lips legally taken. Sorry you hear

i fit cry.. but i no go cry.. i know y.. grin

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
JOLADE.

'why are you raising your hand?'

He raised his head and brought down his hand 'dont you know that raising up your hands to the sky seals a promise?'

I scoffed 'childish superstitions. Look at your eyes, are you crying?'

'i just remembered something'

'what is that?'

'my senior sister went through something similar to what you're going throught right now'

'i dont understand'

'she was raped on the fortnight of her wedding. She was disvirgined by some unknown guys in our neighbourhood. And when her fiance found out the next morning, on her wedding day, he called off the wedding. A month later she discovered she was pregnant. Then she committed suicide'

'geez! That didnt happen. I'm so sorry about your loss. How long has she been dead?'

'five years now'

'very sad'

He hurriedly stood up 'i'm sorry ma but i have to leave now. I have some things your sister asked me to do'

'will you do what i asked you to do?'

He nodded 'i will' then he walked away hurriedly. What was wrong with him anyways?

(incomplete, i'll modify later, thanks)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by heemah(f): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kelvin!!! Mr Nice guy! Now I'm beginning to think he has a hand in the gang rape.
Btw, madam chumpzypinky, this food no reach at all
Re: Red Ashes by ayox1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
What a wonderful, fascinating, mesmerizing story........... It not easy to be a mother, wife and also a wonderful story writer......... May God continue to lift,guide,protect, strenghten and shower is blessings on you...and us. Amen.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
heemah:
Kelvin!!! Mr Nice guy! Now I'm beginning to think he has a hand in the gang rape.
Btw, madam chumpzypinky, this food no reach at all
i'm sori hon
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
pheeewww!!!
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
I'll just sit and watch how things will play out BTW Kelvin and Jolade. Mummy Chumzy have a great weekend.
Re: Red Ashes by ceeSleek(m): 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kaai, dis one na half chop fah.
Re: Red Ashes by sirblero(m): 12:10am On Jan 21, 2017
nice story big aunt!!

I suspected that kelvin (not my own kelvin oo) ..of a guy to be Involved in the rape...claiming his uncle owns it....
hmmm the guy shaa..

Nene mah sef...after you made him take the blood oath....(I fear am pass anything too)

all in all..nice story...
#following..
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2017
sirblero:
nice story big aunt!!

I suspected that kelvin (not my own kelvin oo) ..of a guy to be Involved in the rape...claiming his uncle owns it....
hmmm the guy shaa..

Nene mah sef...after you made him take the blood oath....(I fear am pass anything too)

all in all..nice story...
#following..
lol, because u're Kelvin, d Kelvin wil b a gud 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.