Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice (7041 Views)

Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by LaExpert: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2016
emperorchedda:
Why use the example of a robber who stole? Why not use the one who stole and killed?

Do you know some thieves steal things that are crucial to someone's life?

People though

I totally agree with you.
We tend to use the least case to make it seem the punishment is entirely bad.

I've lost friends and relatives to robbers and I know how it feels.

1000naira could mean life to one man and nothing to another. We shouldn't always undermine the value of little things. I once lost my phone to these people (5yrs ago thereabout) and that phone meant everything to me then, I still haven't recovered some things I lost with that phone till now.

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by LaExpert: 11:49am On Dec 08, 2016
Certitude:

And jungle justice to you is a better alternative to you. You must be a very good religious person.

Jungle justice is very wrong.

...but it is a better alternative to injustice (no justice).
Please, note that jungle justice does not always have to do with killing.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2016
LaExpert:

Jungle justice is very wrong.

...but it is a better alternative to injustice (no justice).
Please, note that jungle justice does not always have to do with killing.
Jungle justice most of the times is injustice. Killing or no killing.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by LaExpert: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Certitude:

Jungle justice most of the times is injustice. Killing or no killing.

Injustice is inevitable in a failed/failing system.

If Nigeria must live with the failed system like you said, it must live with jungle justice.

You should tackle the root cause, not the effects. How will you possibly say the failed system should be overlooked while we eradicate jungle justice? It doesn't just add up.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by diana158(m): 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jungle justice can never and will never be right, Most times innocent people are victims, No matter the crime one commits, justice has to follow laid down procedures, although our system has failed us it is not still an excuse to take laws into our hands. If i were in government and it was up to me, even if you catch the devil himself and you murder him, those involved will face murder charges and they will pay for it. That will send signals to those that take delight in being the law themselves. Jungle justice has no place in a modern society. I rest my case.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by joblessmilliona(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
mtsheww
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by gemale(m): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
BrutalJab:
Are you also ready to tell the daredevil robbers to change

If not, forget it.
Pls hv u forgotten d aluu 4 incident? Innocent boys beaten & murdered barbarically. Do u know hw many oda cases r just lyk dt? In jungle justice, nobody is tnkn, nobody is asking or investigating. Dey just stupidly swallow d words of a few pple as d truth & kill som1 over somtn dey had no idea of. U dnt know whether dt person accused was framed or nt yet u lift ur hand 2 kill d person? Isn't dt madness?

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by gemale(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
kolnel:
As bad as we all feel jungle justice is bad
We need to wait for a day when we are all faced with dare devil robbers one on one
Or when someone close to us were to be ganged raped by hoodlums or kidnapped
Dude i hv robbed @ gunpoint b4 & I still say dt jungle justice is d manifestation of an animalistic mind & a subhuman mentality. Do u know dt all it takes 4 som1 2 b pronounced guilty in d court of jungle justice is 4 a grp of pple 2 hold u shouting "Ole Ole" & b4 u get d chance 2 say "Jesus is lord", u r already being lynched & eventually killed? No evidence, testimony, investigation or fair hearing needed. Instant sentence carried out.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by DesChyko: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
drnoel:

Looks like u havent heard. The bill has already been drafted and has passed second reading. We are waiting for it to be signed into law so it becomes criminal to take life.

Thanks for the heads up.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
good post, op.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Mann11: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Seriously, we need to properly ruminate on whether to cancel jungle justice or not. IF YOU SUPPORT JUNGLE JUSTICE PRESS LIKE AND IF OTHERWISE PRESS SHARE. Honestly, both options seem right if considered in different perspectives; 6 looks like 9 if turned upside down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arraigns Lawyer For Stealing ₦5 Million In Ebonyi / Warri Boy Sleeps With A Toddler Post Pic On Social Media Network Facebook / South Africans Identify a "Nigerian" Suspect by Looking at his Head (TWEETS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.