Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice (7040 Views)

Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by DesChyko: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Long story cut short, a young man made his way into the house of an elderly man and tried to abscond with a Nokia torch phone, #1,000 and a 'quarter-to-die' necklace. He was caught in the act and the people around raised alarm.

A crowd soon gathered and the verbal insults degenerated to a few slaps. But quickly, it turned savage. Some young men who are fond of gathering at a deale'sr to smoke any 'brown powder' in any 'white wrap' soon abandoned their hobby to join the fiasco. The meagre slaps that were considered punishment enough until the police arrived were immediately considered insufficient by the new arrivals.

Soon, planks were up in the air and landed with unrestricted velocity on the suspect's body. These were followed by stones that kept increasing in size as each was thrown. Even the smoke-joint owner gladly offered up her wares for use to mete out 'justice' on the thief.

The few people that were appalled by the sudden aggravation of the beating had to move away from the scene and sought alternatives to secure the suspect from the reach of these 'murder-inclined' arms of the jungle law, while repeating warnings of the possible consequences to the 'beaters' should the suspect give up the ghost. But they were to far gone in their act to think otherwise. As Providence would have it, the police arrived and whisked the suspect away.

My opinion is this: I know some criminals can be inconsiderate, but for that reason, should we lose our human nature? Considering his crime, is it a commensurate punishment; beating him that way? Our laws may have failed and our country, gone awry, but how does that begin to explain deriving joy from seeing our own dying or justify venting our frustrations on our fellow human?

I've never really witnessed lynching in reality but as this is how close I came, I have to admit that it is not 'humans' but an inner 'demon' in human form that carries out such act because those fellows ceased to be understood at that point.

The Government should look into this; and draft a law to take care of 'jungle justice'. It rapes our existence of belief in being humane.

(The above incident happened in Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko; an area in Ojo L.G.A. of Lagos)

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by thesicilian: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
There's nothing wrong with jungle justice in a society where there's no legal justice.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by dingbang(m): 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jungle justice didn't originate from Nigeria.

It's smth that has prevailed right from the days of moses.

7 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by DesChyko: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
thesicilian:
There's nothing wrong with jungle justice in a society where there's no legal justice.

That is so sad. With the kind of resources input in our justice department, there is no excuse why it should be the way it is. Laws are supposed to keep us 'human'.

12 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by brandonobi(m): 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
don't claim something as ryt bcus of the kind of person u r, u condemn somebody to death for stealing then praise the killers of that person, something must b wrong somewhere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by mii4u(f): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
I'm not really an advocate for jungle justice but some crimes are worth it. How do u explain kidnappers extorting a huge amount of money from their victim's family and thereafter killing the same person

16 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by BrutalJab: 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
Are you also ready to tell the daredevil robbers to change
If not, forget it.

6 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by herzern1(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016
cool
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 08, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by SWORD419(m): 8:22am On Dec 08, 2016
so u mean we should wait for the police ehn??

2 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by jeeqaa7(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
yeah sure
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by ednut1(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
video /pictorial evidence is nt admissible in Nigeria court, ie it never happened
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nutase: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
cool
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Mightyify(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Taa!
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
thesicilian:
There is nothing wrong if one is accused wrongly and faces jungle justice even if the truth is later found. Do you think we are against jungle justice for the fun of it?
Do you know how often people scream thief, to cover other ulterior motive.

7 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by ayodejijoshua(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Thank God this is too much yu go see person dat steal ordniary soup next thing is put tire and get petrol and burn the person it unfair oooooooooo there is God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by eezeribe(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2016
thesicilian:

100% TRUTH

3 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by jamex93(m): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2016
U go still hungry man food

Oyo is ya case
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by onosprince(m): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by DonCortino: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2016
I provide electricity for myself
I provide water for myself
I provide security for myself

If I can provide all of these basics because of a failed system, why can't I dole out the best justice I deem fit for a criminal who I know the failed justice system will set free?

As long as the government dont rise up to their responsibilities, jungle justice will keep thriving.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by deedondavi(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by IamISRAEL(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
I am indifferent in this

2 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by kolnel: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
As bad as we all feel jungle justice is bad
We need to wait for a day when we are all faced with dare devil robbers one on one
Or when someone close to us were to be ganged raped by hoodlums or kidnapped

3 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by alt3r3gO: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
smiley
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
I agree. Lynching is as bad as crimes such as robbery. Killing outside the law is a crime, same way robbery is a criminal offence.

I empathise with those who always say " if you have been robbed, you will do the same". But two wrongs cannot right a bad situation.

In any case, just think that for a moment, that young man/woman could be innocent and must have been caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then you would have taken an innocent life.

Mob action/lynching only happen in jungles. Let's not always act before thinking.

4 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
For me it depends on the crime like the one you pointed out above dosent deserve jungle justice.... But for eg Robbers that kill pple on the road and part away with their belongings...I believe those guys shud be lynched
Or someone that defiles a six or five yr old girl...
Shaaa that's the opinion of #datgoaldigger cool cool
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Obiwannn: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Booked
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Jaydee4u: 8:28am On Dec 08, 2016
I am in support of jungle justice to armed robbers and kidnappers WHEN CAUGHT RED-HANDED.

3 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by infogenius(m): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2016
DesChyko:
Long story cut short, a young man made his way into the house of an elderly man and tried to abscond with a Nokia torch phone, #1,000 and a 'quarter-to-die' necklace. He was caught in the act and the people around raised alarm.

A crowd soon gathered and the verbal insults degenerated to a few slaps. But quickly, it turned savage. Some young men who are fond of gathering at a deale'sr to smoke any 'brown powder' in any 'white wrap' soon abandoned their hobby to join the fiasco. The meagre slaps that were considered punishment enough until the police arrived were immediately considered insufficient by the new arrivals.

Soon, planks were up in the air and landed with unrestricted velocity on the suspect's body. These were followed by stones that kept increasing in size as each was thrown. Even the smoke-joint owner gladly offered up her wares for use to mete out 'justice' on the thief.

The few people that were appalled by the sudden aggravation of the beating had to move away from the scene and sought alternatives to secure the suspect from the reach of these 'murder-inclined' arms of the jungle law, while repeating warnings of the possible consequences to the 'beaters' should the suspect give up the ghost. But they were to far gone in their act to think otherwise. As Providence would have it, the police arrived and whisked the suspect away.

My opinion is this: I know some criminals can be inconsiderate, but for that reason, should we lose our human nature? Considering his crime, is it a commensurate punishment; beating him that way? Our laws may have failed and our country, gone awry, but how does that begin to explain deriving joy from seeing our own dying or justify venting our frustrations on our fellow human?

I've never really witnessed lynching in reality but as this is how close I came, I have to admit that it is not 'humans' but an inner 'demon' in human form that carries out such act because those fellows ceased to be understood at that point.

The Government should look into this; and draft a law to take care of 'jungle justice'. It rapes our existence of belief in being humane.p

(The above incident happened in Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko; an area in Ojo L.G.A. of Lagos)
In as much as criminals thrive in a corrupt society where justice are not correctly meted to offenders.
Jungle justice is the way out.
Just imagine a few days ago a pastor and his wife was killed on their way from a church program by armed robbers just like that. These creeps are heartless
I don't like jungle justice but that is what these criminals deserve for now until the government can protect its citizens properly by punishing these criminals accordingly.
Then a law for against jungle justice can be put in place

5 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by khalhokage(m): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2016
Jungle justice is committing murder as reprisal for the crime of petty theft.

People that support jungle justice don't ask themselves "what kind person would club a fellow pleading human being repeatedly and then set them on fire while they're still alive?"

That is a person that is definitely no better and most likely worse than the criminal.

Not to talk of the fact that a lot victims of these acts are actually innocent of the crimes they're being murdered for.

Just because there are monsters out there shouldn't mean that we turn into monsters too.

3 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by loadedvibes: 8:30am On Dec 08, 2016
Go sit down.. who you wan punish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vanity Is Vanity He Is Dead See The Luxury He Left. / Police Arraigns Lawyer For Stealing ₦5 Million In Ebonyi / Warri Boy Sleeps With A Toddler Post Pic On Social Media Network Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.