Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters (1939 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ruescho(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2007
As I was reading through this forum I was astonished how many times the "prostitution-topic" can be found.
If u google its like 278 threads.
I post this on family, cos one thing I will never understand:

How can mother send daughter to Europe to find money, knowing she will have to do prostitution there.

OK I understand how people sufffer, but how can u do this knowingly to your own flesh?

For some backgrund information: http://www.migrationinformation.org/Feature/display.cfm?id=318

What do u think
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by Easyy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2007
It never ceases to amaze me as well.

But when you look around and see the attitude of some young girls, you begin to understand why some people will do absolutely anything to try and improve their financial lot in life.

Most people now believe that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you make money, and plenty of it too. That why girls will tell you it doesn't matter whether they have kids out of wedlock or not, whether they are living responsibly or not or whether they are setting good examples or not as long as they have money. Shamefully, the acquisition of material wealth has become the measure of what is good.

Men who loot the treasury are honoured with chieftaincy titles and honorary university degrees, women who have lived lives of easy virtues return to Nigeria with enough pounds and they are instantly eulogised and they become role models who even find themselves in positions to advise younger people. Men who are scammers and drug dealers become chiefs, all these things make any society rotten

Nigerians dont care anymore where/how you made money. If you have money, you have the respect of every Nigeria, it's a shame cry
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ruescho(m): 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2007
Thanx for that reply but this one goes for the girls. What about the parents?

I would rather die than let my sweet little girl (my daughter) do that work!

How can any parents not just suffer, but even want them to do that job?
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ruescho(m): 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2007
Secondly, I forgot,

the mother of my Naija girlfriend always complains why her daughter dont build her duplex like other bini-girls do for their families.

Dont she realize where these girls are getting this loads of money from?
(These are the lucky independend ones that are not locked away by their "madam"wink

Is honest work no longer appreciated in Nigeria cos it only gets u average wages?
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2007
Why do most parents want to have children in Africa? Isn't it because they see them as their only hope to escape from that miserable life they had always lived in? Let's face the truth. Although everyone says that Africa has a very strong morality i still maintain my position and affirm that we are the worst of all. People attribute its cause to poverty but hey aren't the richest also the most corrupt ones?
I am not surprised if an African mother sends her daughter to prostitute herself as far as she benefits from it. It is also known here that some mothers who have been invited abroad by their daughters engage themselves in this act.
This women are not worthy to be called mothers. they are the shame of womanhood.
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by mukina2: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2007
most people would do anything for money angry
when it concerns money some people can sell theri souls
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by Easyy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2007
ruescho:

Thanx for that reply but this one goes for the girls. What about the parents?

I would rather die than let my sweet little girl (my daughter) do that work!

How can any parents not just suffer, but even want them to do that job?

Parents and children are in the same society, they tend to have the same mindset and mentality.
These parents also want their daughters to come home to chieftaincy titles and honorary university degrees.

Nobody cares again how you made your wealth as long as you have financial wealth. every parent wants his/her child to have a place of pride in society so if Nigerians don't care how people became wealthy, more and more Nigerians will resort to ANY MEANS to make money, And more and more Nigerians will encourage their children to do anything to make money.
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ruescho(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2007
michelin89:

Why do most parents want to have children in Africa? Isn't it because they see them as their only hope to escape from that miserable life they had always lived in? Let's face the truth. Although everyone says that Africa has a very strong morality i still maintain my position and affirm that we are the worst of all. People attribute its cause to poverty but hey aren't the richest also the most corrupt ones?
I am not surprised if an African mother sends her daughter to prostitute herself as far as she benefits from it. It is also known here that some mothers who have been invited abroad by their daughters engage themselves in this act.
This women are not worthy to be called mothers. they are the shame of womanhood.

So sad so true, u are absolutely right and there is another topic behind it I don´t understand:

Nigeria is a very religious country with very conservative standarts and I am talking especially for the christian part. Moslem north I don´t know so well, but they seem even to have higher standarts than christians. At least I never heard about moslems girls doing prostitution in Europe.

But as soon as they are abroad those religious and ethical standarts seem to be of no more value for many Nigerians , it´s only money that counts.

How can this be?
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ikamefa(f): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2007
mothers prostituting their daughters is not only peculiar to Nigeria, its happens right here in the  US too and i guess all over the world!

If the mother is dirt poor, no husband-or baby daddy  and  is on-drugs , the mum is sure to peddle her  teenage daughter , even her own self out to get the next high!.i guess it all depends on your level of morality, circumstances in which you find yourself and the ability to make the right choices no matter what!
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2007
guyz this is about decision, yoruba says: ti won ba ran yan ni se eru, tomo na fin je. alot of people is in america today  with thousands of dollar. but guess who they are when they came, no body, they are extremely no-body.you will see a doctor working in UCH in nigeria as a medical doctor doing a security job in america. what i think is that the daughter choose to be protitute that is why they are prostitute.

well, maybe i should say america is different bcoz if anybody come here and try prostitution, by the time they give her 30 dollar in one night, she will go look for a mcdonald's job to do
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by ruescho(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2007
Easyy:

Parents are children are in the same society, they tend to have the same mindset and mentality.
These parents also want their daughters to come home to chieftaincy titles and honorary university degrees.

Nobody cares again how you made your wealth as long as you have financial wealth. every parent wants his/her child to have a place of pride in society so if Nigerians don't care how people became wealthy, more and more Nigerians will resort to ANY MEANS to make money, And more and more Nigerians will encourage their children to do anything to make money.

This is why I start hating to travel to Nigeria. They know I live in Europe, even in wealthy Germany and everybody seems to think every morning we pick money from the trees in the garden or print it in our cellar ourselves. They don´t know it´s also jungle out here.

Everybody wants support, cash or even a car and IDONTKNOWWHATELSE.

It´s very annoying. When I say I cannot do it just like this, nobody believes and everybody is thinking I want to keep my money for myself.

Sometimes I just want to cry out aloud in their faces:

I don´t deal with drugs and never would allow my girl to do prostitution, so where do u think all this money should come from ??
Re: Mothers Prostituting Their Daughters by mamaput(f): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2007
Nobody cares.
If you want you can bring girls to your house to prostitute them or do drugs no one cares.
But its not only Nigeria.
I have a friend from Sirirlanka she has the same problems.
She built a House for her brother . She did this because she says no matter how much he works he will never have money because he has many children.
She now built one for herself, The other brother asked what about his own.She even did her mothers house over.
She is now building a hotel .But that brother is annoyed with her that she did not do anything for him.
But she thinks he is lazy . No job no wife but he dose not se it that way.
He makes Dept's the whole year waiting for the sister to come from Germany to pay them off.
But she works hard two jobs with her Husband they even said they do not want kids to keep up the standard.
But the brother cannot see it that way.
The sister wanted to come to germany. The bought her ticket and found husband.
The sister came but said she was going back because of her boyfriend. The sister went back but the boyfriend maried another woman,.
Now the sister wanted to come again. But the husband they had found did not want again.
And the ticket money.
My friend told her sister she dose not shit out money she works 10 hour a day for that money and dirty hard work.

(1) (Reply)

Husbands, Sometimes Your Wife Just Wants To Have A Good Night's Sleep. / Parents Shine Ur Eyes..a Must Read / Torn Between My Mum And My Girl's Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.