Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences (3158 Views)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / I Will Teach You Astral Projection And Lucid Dreaming At A Cost / Ultimate Proof Of Our Spiritual Nature- LUCID DREAMING. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
For those of you that don't know, lucid dreaming occurs when you are asleep and dreaming, and know that its a dream. You then have the power to control anything that happens in your dream. Its amazing really. I experienced it for the first time last night, though I can't share exactly what I dreamed about here grin because its kind of personal. I was scared at first but then slowly got used to it. If anyone has a lucid dream experience that's not too personal to share, I'd like to hear. Also, some religions claim there are religious undertones to lucid dreaming. I'd like to hear your religion's interpretation of lucid dreaming. Also, for the intellectuals willing to provide the science behind it, please do so. I want to learn.
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Tonyosas101(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Pardon me @OP, was just trying to book space
Back to the topic

I'm quite matured in LUCID dreaming but I stopped due to its danger

A friend told me about it sometime last three years, I didn't take it serious,,, last two weeks, I had a dream which I was in control of my body,,,I knew my real body is actually sleeping (it went well in the dream) *fast-forward to the next day* I read about LUCID DREAMING online and I saw some awesome things one can do in the dream, like how to teleport to another dream (scene), how to move object without touching it, how to control another person and so on....teleportation was an easy one for me but the one that got me scared was that of last two weeks (26-11-2016)
I meditate on having a romantic dream with my bestie (she's currently serving) but the dream went bizarre

I found myself in a classroom, my bestie is the teacher, my uncle and some older relatives including me happened to be her students, she was supposed to be teaching math, unfortunately, she's not good in math both in real life and dream, I tried to control her mind in the dream but couldn't, so I gave up and close my eyes in other to teleport to another scene and it worked, i kept on teleporting into new scene until I got to one particular scene,,, the theme of this scene was purple and cute,, it was like my highest form of my admiration, I love this place,,, after a while, I felt tired and hungry, I tried to wake up to my real conscious body (I learnt how to do that online) but didn't work,,, then I remembered where I read the best way to wake up when trapped in a dream is to cut oneself, so, I used my thumb nails to cut my arm and I scream *ouch* and wake up... I put on the light and saw mark on my arm (took pictures of it in the morning)...
It was a great experience but very dangerous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tonyosas101:
OK brb
undecided
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by herzern(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2016

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:

Why're you guys acting like this nw
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:
For those of you that don't know, lucid dreaming occurs when you are asleep and dreaming, and know that its a dream. You then have the power to control anything that happens in your dream. Its amazing really. I experienced it for the first time last night, though I can't share exactly what I dreamed about here grin because its kind of personal. I was scared at first but then slowly got used to it. If anyone has a lucid dream experience that's not too personal to share, I'd like to hear. Also, some religions claim there are religious undertones to lucid dreaming. I'd like to hear your religion's interpretation of lucid dreaming. Also, for the intellectuals willing to provide the science behind it, please do so. I want to learn.

I have had "Lucid" dreams a lot but i do not call them Lucid dreams. For me its as good as real and i have control over it. I actually am able to tell the difference between a common dream and a true life revelation.

The last one i had was when i shot someone who was trying to kill me in that revelation and i woke up knowing without a doubt that something was going to happen to that person.

3pm of same day the person was sitting in his living room and suddenly had difficulty breathing. Was rushed to the hospital...died on the way.

He was an uncle!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FriedBanana: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Or, dreaming with your eyes open
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FriedBanana: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
Unexpected error won't let me share my experience

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FriedBanana: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
After the sleep paralysis hooked me(when I couldn't move my body again), I managed to force one eye open and I start hallucinating lol, every thought that came to my mind, I could see it as blue fog in my room, until I imagined a pirate with a sword coming to kill me as I couldn't move. I forced my eyes shut Man grin right before getting stabbed by nothing

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by 4kings: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
FriedBanana:
After the sleep paralysis hooked me(when I couldn't move my body again), I managed to force one eye open and I start hallucinating lol, every thought that came to my mind, I could see it as blue fog in my room, until I imagined a pirate with a sword coming to kill me as I couldn't move. I forced my eyes shut Man grin right before getting stabbed by nothing
Sleep paralysis is very annoying and scary.
That's the only thing I've had close to lucid dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Pardon me @OP, was just trying to book space
Back to the topic

I'm quite matured in LUCID dreaming but I stopped due to its danger

A friend told me about it sometime last three years, I didn't take it serious,,, last two weeks, I had a dream which I was in control of my body,,,I knew my real body is actually sleeping (it went well in the dream) *fast-forward to the next day* I read about LUCID DREAMING online and I saw some awesome things one can do in the dream, like how to teleport to another dream (scene), how to move object without touching it, how to control another person and so on....teleportation was an easy one for me but the one that got me scared was that of last two weeks

So what exactly are the dangers?

And from your post, it sounds like you know how to 'activate' it. What happened to me last night was accidental, I wasn't even trying to have a lucid dream.
So how exactly do you 'activate' it?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
4everGod:

I have had "Lucid" dreams a lot but i do not call them Lucid dreams. For me its as good as real and i have control over it. I actually am able to tell the difference between a common dream and a true life revelation.

The last one i had was when i shot someone who was trying to kill me in that revelation and i woke up knowing without a doubt that something was going to happen to that person.

3pm of same day the person was sitting in his living room and suddenly had difficulty breathing. Was rushed to the hospital...died on the way.

He was an uncle!
Form your post, my understanding is that your lucind dreams are actually just ways of forseeinf future events?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
FriedBanana:
I guess I was lucky not to have sleep paralysis. That sounds scary grin

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by ayobase(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Most of my lucid dreams back in the days were about sex.

I might be sharing same experience with the OP.
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
ayobase:

Most of my lucid dreams back in the days are about sex.

I might be sharing same with the OP.
grin grin
Interesting. . .

Did you have those lucid dreams on purpose or were they accidental? I.e, did you tell yourself you were going to have one before you slept, or did you just fall asleep and realize you were dreaming?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Form your post, my understanding is that your lucind dreams are actually just ways of forseeinf future events?

Not about the future! Not at all. If you train your spirit then you can not only control what you dream or what is revealed to you, you can also have access to anothers dream and control that too.

I have had access to what others dream about and they confirmed seeing me in their dreams doing exactly what i saw myself doing in their dreams.

I could appear as a helper or an adviser or sometimes assist them in a battle.

However dreams or revelations are not just for fun. There is a purpose to it and a well trained spirit should strive for purpose and not just fun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Tonyosas101(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
4everGod:

He was an uncle!
you killed someone

I'm scared

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
4everGod:

Not about the future! Not at all. If you train your spirit then you can not only control what you dream or what is revealed to you, you can also have access to anothers dream and control that too.

I have had access to what others dream about and they confirmed seeing me in their dreams doing exactly what i saw myself doing in their dreams.

I could appear as a helper or an adviser or sometimes assist them in a battle.

However dreams or revelations are not just for fun. There is a purpose to it and a well trained spirit should strive for purpose and not just fun.

Interesting.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Ranchhoddas: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
What are the advantages?
AnonyNymous:

So what exactly are the dangers?

And from your post, it sounds like you know how to 'activate' it. What happened to me last night was accidental, I wasn't even trying to have a lucid dream.
So how exactly do you 'activate' it?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by ayobase(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

grin grin
Interesting. . .

Did you have those lucid dreams on purpose or were they accidental? I.e, did you tell yourself you were going to have one before you slept, or did you just fall asleep and realize you were dreaming?

On purpose and it did work, but not often.

I don't think it can happen again.

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What are the advantages?
Advantages? I have no idea. I had a lucid dream last night, that's why I'm asking all this
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
I haven't had lucid dream before but sleep paralysis hmm me and that one na paddy am even used to it now.. grin

maybe our reality is a lucid dream of someone else..

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by TITOBIGZ(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sleep paralysis don happen 2 me once,omo I freaked out that day Ooo.it wasn't funny at all,what could be the cause?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
Sleep paralysis don happen 2 me once,omo I freaked out that day Ooo.it wasn't funny at all,what could be the cause?

Mine is too much stress and lack of sleep...

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Fash20: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
I experience it but not often.

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
ayobase:

Most of my lucid dreams back in the days were about sex.

I might be sharing same experience with the OP.
Are you trying to say lucid dream is the same as wet dream

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by wiegraf: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I guess I was lucky not to have sleep paralysis. That sounds scary grin

Sleep paralysis is lucid dreaming

Just like you said, you were scared at first. That's were most people stop, and the unpleasant situation is labled sleep paralysis

If you don't panic though, like you did, you can go ahead and have a pleasant experience.

I too recently had an enjoyable experience, went as far as some astral projection

It was quite fun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
wiegraf:

Sleep paralysis is lucid dreaming

Just like you said, you were scared at first. That's were most people stop, and the unpleasant situation is labled sleep paralysis

If you don't panic though, like you did, you can go ahead and have a pleasant experience.

I too recently had an enjoyable experience, went as far as some astral projection

It was quite fun
How did you control your sleep paralysis into lucid dream?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Advantages? I have no idea. I had a lucid dream last night, that's why I'm asking all this
Did you sleap early last night?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by wiegraf: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
FSMs:

How did you control your sleep paralysis into lucid dream?

Like I said, simply don't panic. Realise you're lucid and dreaming at the same time.

What is happening is that while you're conscious on various levels, your brain hasn't actually fully booted up, and so the functions responsible for moving your body haven't been loaded yet; this is responsible for the paralysis.

Your conscious mind is also capable of interacting with the bizarro world your subconscious (or whatever) has cooked up at this point. So, interact. That's it
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Mimzyy(f): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
I'll be back...
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by KingEbukaNaija: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What are the advantages?

You can get involved in someone else's dream . You can plant an idea in the person's subconscious . You can use it as a powerful tool for doi..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help Me With Christian Music Websites / What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? / Exposing The Power Of Marine Spirit In Sexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.