Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences (3181 Views)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / I Will Teach You Astral Projection And Lucid Dreaming At A Cost / Ultimate Proof Of Our Spiritual Nature- LUCID DREAMING. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by 4kings: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
wiegraf:

Like I said, simply don't panic. Realise you're lucid and dreaming at the same time.

What is happening is that while you're conscious on various levels, your brain hasn't actually fully booted up, and so the functions responsible for moving your body haven't been loaded yet; this is responsible for the paralysis.

Your conscious mind is also capable of interacting with the bizarro world your subconscious (or whatever) has cooked up at this point. So, interact. That's it
I'll take note of this, for next time.

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
wiegraf:

Like I said, simply don't panic. Realise you're lucid and dreaming at the same time.

What is happening is that while you're conscious on various levels, your brain hasn't actually fully booted up, and so the functions responsible for moving your body haven't been loaded yet; this is responsible for the paralysis.

Your conscious mind is also capable of interacting with the bizarro world your subconscious (or whatever) has cooked up at this point. So, interact. That's it
I don't usually panic indat my eyes are usually shut so i don't hallucinate visually...

Am always aware when experiencing the sleep paralysis i just try to calm down after some times I'll just step out from it then wake up. I hope it gets into lucid dream one day grin
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Ranchhoddas: 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You can get involved in someone else's dream . You can plant an idea in the person's subconscious . You can use it as a powerful tool for doi..
doing what?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by 4kings: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You can get involved in someone else's dream . You can plant an idea in the person's subconscious . You can use it as a powerful tool for doi..
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by KingEbukaNaija: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
doing what?

Look at 4kings , he gets the gist
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by 4kings: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Look at 4kings , he gets the gist
cheesy
Too much movies.
Wish 'The Inception' was real.

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by KingEbukaNaija: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
4kings:

cheesy
Too much movies.
Wish 'The Inception' was real.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Wilgrea7(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
pls anyone who can lucid dream should help me... I've been trying it... i don't know if there are procedures to unlocking it.. i can control my dreams but at few times.. i want to learn how to lucid dream well... any procedures?? especially when its hard to remember some, if not most, of the dreams.. feedback is urgently needed and appreciated..... thanks
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Comanche(f): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
I had one of that last night.I don't ,now if I can label that a lucid dream.I was impersonating someone in an exam and the invigilator came in with respective I'd cards and started calling out the names.I was so scared I'd be caught that I tried so hard to wake myself up.No matter how hard I tried to lift my arm,it just wouldn't bulge.then I heard the call for adhan by 5.30 and I jumped up immediately.needless to say,I was so relieved.

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
FSMs:

Did you sleap early last night?
Yes, I actually did
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
Comanche:
I had one of that last night.I don't ,now if I can label that a lucid dream.I was impersonating someone in an exam and the invigilator came in with respective I'd cards and started calling out the names.I was so scared I'd be caught that I tried so hard to wake myself up.No matter how hard I tried to lift my arm,it just wouldn't bulge.then I heard the call for adhan by 5.30 and I jumped up immediately.needless to say,I was so relieved.
While you were dreaming, were you aware that it was a dream?
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Wilgrea7:
pls anyone who can lucid dream should help me... I've been trying it... i don't know if there are procedures to unlocking it.. i can control my dreams but at few times.. i want to learn how to lucid dream well... any procedures?? especially when its hard to remember some, if not most, of the dreams.. feedback is urgently needed and appreciated..... thanks
cc wiegraf
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:13am On Dec 10, 2016
I had lucid dreaming a lot when I was younger . I could tell myself that indeed I was dreaming and could control my actions in the dream . Its a beautiful experience .

3 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by FSMs: 5:09am On Dec 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Yes, I actually did
Okies
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Wilgrea7(m): 6:53am On Dec 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I had lucid dreaming a lot when I was younger . I could tell myself that indeed I was dreaming and could control my actions in the dream . Its a beautiful experience .

how can you get to activate it fully.... cuz mine just happens once in a while
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Comanche(f): 9:07am On Dec 10, 2016
Yeah,I was.first I knew I could never do that in real and two it was a science related exam and I'm in the arts.
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
hmmm... this is interesting!

I had an experience earlier this week. in fact it happened twice! I had sleep paralysis, but it was as if I had it in a dream. like I was dreaming that I had sleep paralysis in the dream. I woke up briefly and slept off. it happened again the following day.

I don't usually remember my dreams! but I feel the ones I remember are the lucid ones.

Yes! I have had a lucid dream before... in fact many times. There are ones in which it I was having sex! and there are others that involved encounters that are inexplicable.

2 Likes

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by wiegraf: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
AnonyNymous:

cc wiegraf

Can't do it myself. I can only control a lucid dream whilst it's already ongoing, not initiate one

Those who can do so only after practice. I believe the trick is to induce rem sleep. Rem sleep is not deep sleep (this is why stressed people tend to have more lucid dreams/sleep paralysis - their sleep tends to be more fretful), so basically don't allow yourself to fall into deep sleep by using say alarms. From there you'll just have to be somewhat vigilant as you sleep and wait for a chance to take control.

Put another way

wiki:
The first step to lucid dreaming is recognizing one is dreaming. This recognition might occur in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, which is one of the few areas deactivated during REM sleep and where working memory occurs. Once this area is activated and the recognition of dreaming occurs, the dreamer must be cautious to let the dream continue but be conscious enough to remember that it is a dream. While maintaining this balance, the amygdala and parahippocampal cortex might be less intensely activated.[30] To continue the intensity of the dream hallucinations, it is expected the pons and the parieto-occipital junction stay active.[31]

If you keep at it eventually you'll be able to induce them at will

Anyways lots of other Googles on how to induce lucid dreams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by lepasharon(f): 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
I have not had a lucid dream, but I dream vividly embarassed
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by ayobase(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
FSMs:

Are you trying to say lucid dream is the same as wet dream

Not always, but it is lucid if you are aware and can control the situation consciously.
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please, Can someone shed light.....
I actualy had this dream after I finished prayer in d midnight....
I saw myself in a market with an old high school girl friend, trying to buy an i pad...flat screen irregular size than normal android phone,.isnt that ipad or tablet?..,.. we branched like 4 stalls but the cash on me wasn't enough...I ended up not buying anything till I woke up, i was nt scared but I was worried because I never taught about buying ipad..not in prayer point and its been long i saw this girl.....our last conversation was when she asked for airtime and I shaberly said I cnt send it......and it wasnt a quarell,...coz the strings btw us then wasnt that romantic....just mere..
Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by debque(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2016
jeeeezzz....just woke up from sleep paralysis, I remembered I droped my tablet beside me den poof!!!!...couldn't move my body,,started seeing different images, unknown forces pressing me like I was being glued to d bed...it was actually scary at first but then I started experimenting, was tryng all what I learn on Google bout not panicking n all that, tried floating out of my own body and it worked..what I could not understand was how I took down the hulk...cos beating him and breaking his head was wat actually freed me from the paralysis ooo..... first thing I said when I woke up was..."MEHN that was very strong"..

1 Like

Re: Lucid Dreaming: Share Your Experiences by Danfuster(m): 2:49am On Dec 29, 2016
debque:
jeeeezzz....just woke up from sleep paralysis, I remembered I droped my tablet beside me den poof!!!!...couldn't move my body,,started seeing different images, unknown forces pressing me like I was being glued to d bed...it was actually scary at first but then I started experimenting, was tryng all what I learn on Google bout not panicking n all that, tried floating out of my own body and it worked..what I could not understand was how I took down the hulk...cos beating him and breaking his head was wat actually freed me from the paralysis ooo..... first thing I said when I woke up was..."MEHN that was very strong"..

Y'all be having Incubus ans Succubus visiting you (paralysis especually) and you calling it Lucid dream. Y'all better step up your praying game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 2010 Rapture Year? ( Sriptural And Political Evidence)he That Has Ear's / Very Interesting Facts About Iraq / Exposed! "i Was Paid To Blaspheme Tb Joshua"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.