Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

This Is How We Cloth Diaper! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How We Cloth Diaper! (21588 Views)

Best Diaper And Wipes For Your Baby / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / How To Cure Heat Rashes And Diaper Rash In Babies (100% Effective) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
portable4real:
Good day madam onegai.. please I live in Ilorin. how can I get cloth diapers....

Hello, please email wambydiapers@gmail.com so they can organise shipping to you.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
I'm sure you are wondering, "how do I handle poop?"

Pretty good question. Firstly, there is no such thing as "cute poop", it is always "ewww, poop" cheesy.

There are two ways to deal with poop. You can use a liner or not. Liners come in disposable and reusable. Just place it ontop of the insert. The things about liners is that they do shift, because baby is constantly moving, but will catch a large majority of poop so all you need to do it flush it away after changing a poop diaper. For reusable liners, wash off with diaper.

For those not using liners, there are other methods to taking care of poop, but it does make it easier to use liners. I would recommend the disposable liners IMHO. Read more on www.nefescorner..com.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
Onegai:
I'm sure you are wondering, "how do I handle poop?"

Pretty good question. Firstly, there is no such thing as "cute poop", it is always "ewww, poop" cheesy.

There are two ways to deal with poop. You can use a liner or not. Liners come in disposable and reusable. Just place it ontop of the insert. The things about liners is that they do shift, because baby is constantly moving, but will catch a large majority of poop so all you need to do it flush it away after changing a poop diaper. For reusable liners, wash off with diaper.

For those not using liners, there are other methods to taking care of poop, but it does make it easier to use liners. I would recommend the disposable liners IMHO.

another thing with the flushable liners is: if you only get urine on it, it can be washed up to 3 or 4 times ( depending on the particular material) and reused, before you need to discard it. so it tends to last a lot longer assuming you end up reusing about half to 3/4 of what you have.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Aim07(f): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
I sent a mail to ur email but u didn't respond
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2016
Aim07:
I sent a mail to ur email but u didn't respond

sorry, maybe it got caught up in spam. Will check.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
What can you use for a cloth wipe?

Well, plain good ol' water works really well. But sometimes, you can feel you just need a little bit of extra clean. So I do a mix of the stuff below or you can use any of the other pics: soap, oil, water. It cleans lovely and smells nice. Just don't mix too much. The Lavender and Teatree oils are antibacterial and will help to fight a rash and you only nees 5 to 8 drops per mix so you will never finish it. If you are lucky to score some Organic Castile soap (it's milder than regular soap), a spoonful is all you need. Otherwise a spoonful of Babywash does the same. And water. Mix and keep in a bottle. Think 5 drops of essential oil, 3 tbsp of olive/almond/coconut oil, a tbsp of soap and about 5 to 6 cups of water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 7:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Good morning parents and thank you for your purchases so far! I heard there were some nice little gifts sent as well (that was me o! That was my idea for my NL mummies, you berra thank me grin). Abeg please send us pics of your babies in diapers (we shall crop faces if you like), and please keep the questions coming, always check www.mameandboo..com for tips and leave comments.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2016
Blow-Out Free zone:

Have you ever used a flimsy disposable diaper? Yes, everyone has. And because the elastics are not so strong or in some cases, non-existent where you need it. So you pick up your LO (especially when they have runny poop, which is common below 6 months) for a change and gbam, find small slivers of poop in their clothes. Not in the diaper o, on their clothes. At the backs and around the legs are the most common areas. But why na??

It's because those places lack elastic and that is a design problem with most locally made disposies. The foreign disposies tend to have elastic but those things are flimsy, one-use, so the elastic is not as strong...as something meant to be washed severally! And that's a big plus for cloth diapers: a good cloth diaper cover should have strong elastics around it. Heck, it should have double gussets (and I'll explain on the blog more). So if you fit well (remember, a finger should fit in snugly when done, no gaps around the legs or waist), this shouldn't be a problem. The elastics will wear off but the earliest I've seen elastics break down is 2 years and i wrapped the cover snugly and it still didn't leak poop or pee.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
This Christmas, match your baby girl in diaper and wetbag in Pink Hibiscus kiss kiss #ColourCoordinate #LikeABoss

Did you know you could use your wetbags not just for diapers, but for dirty clothes, dirty bibs when you're out and about. It has 2 pouches so if your older child decides to spill food all over herself, put the dirty clothes in the front pouch and dirty diapers in the back pounch.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onegai:
This Christmas, match your baby girl in diaper and wetbag in Pink Hibiscus kiss kiss #ColourCoordinate #LikeABoss

Did you know you could use your wetbags not just for diapers, but for dirty clothes, dirty bibs when you're out and about. It has 2 pouches so if your older child decides to spill food all over herself, put the dirty clothes in the front pouch and dirty diapers in the back pounch.

Hello mummy

Is santa still coming my way this week.will be travelling on friday.
I held out on my orders cos am waiting for all in one.so i jus make once n for all.
U said january right.for the all in one.i need dem for creche.
Thanks ma'am.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Hello mummy

Is santa still coming my way this week.will be travelling on friday.
I held out on my orders cos am waiting for all in one.so i jus make once n for all.
U said january right.for the all in one.i need dem for creche.
Thanks ma'am.

Hello. Have you heard of a fitted diaper? Below are examples. One of our Wamby mamas is in charge of prototype design and she is having one made for you (I directed her to your posts in the past). So 3 prototypes and you're getting 1 for testing, no later than next week Monday. Is that good? It should work for creche too.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by rofemiguwa(f): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onegai:

Hello. The All-in-One diapers are being ordered for January on schedule. However, have you heard of a fitted diaper? Below are examples. One of our Wamby mamas is in charge of prototype design and she is having one made for you (I directed her to your posts in the past). So 3 prototypes and you're getting 1 for testing, no later than next week Monday. Is that good? It should work for creche too.

Thanks.i wont be available but my colleague can take the delivery for me.it is safe.

How does this fitted work?? Whats the absorption rate like? Any need for liners? Kindly explain.u can send me a mail if u dont wanna reply here.

Is the all in one made on orders?? Like i cant get it like other diapers unless i preorder?
Pls kindly clarify

Thanks
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Mimzyy(f): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onegai ma'am, good evening. Do you have this in trainer's pants? LO is potty training and we are gradually getting a hang of it. She's gonna be 2 soon.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2016
Mimzyy:
Onegai ma'am, good evening. Do you have this in trainer's pants? LO is potty training and we are gradually getting a hang of it. She's gonna be 2 soon.

Good morning. Training pants do exist but we currently don't have them in stock for now. We can get them with our next order but I will keep you informed about it.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Mimzyy(f): 7:50am On Dec 21, 2016
Onegai:

Good morning. Training pants do exist but we currently don't have them in stock for now. We can get them with our next order but I will keep you informed about it.

Please do ma. Thank you. Good morning.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2016
Mimzyy:

Please do ma. Thank you. Good morning.

It may take a while but I'll keep you updated. Rofemiguwa, will send you an email concerning some not-so-good update about the AiOs. However I will do a post on Fitteds and explain today.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Mimzyy(f): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Onegai:

It may take a while but I'll keep you updated. Rofemiguwa, will send you an email concerning some not-so-good update about the AiOs. However I will do a post on Fitteds and explain today.

Ok. Following the thread.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
Fitted Diapers

A fitted diaper is very easy to use, it's literally a contoured prefold. It is already shaped like a diaper so need to fold or manipulate it, just wear it. Its pros are:

1. It fits very snugly around baby's waist and legs, so absolutely no leaks. It won't move inside the diaper.

2. Easy to use: just snap it on and put the diaper cover on top of it to make it waterproof. It's the 2nd best thing to an AiO diaper. It will be easy to use in creches

3. It's absorbent because the surface area absorbing it larger than an insert by itself.

4. No need for accessories like diaper pins, snappis or boingo pins. It already has buttons to wear it easily on a baby.

It is an Ai2 because it needs a diaper cover. But it's quite a workhouse diaper. Cc rofemugiwa

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Our cotton prefolds are thick, like how a good cotton prefold should be. We designed it to specs of a regular overnight cotton prefold. I used it with a microfiber insert inside last night and we had no leaks (please bear in mind my child is a toddler). So it's nice and thick for daytime and nighttime use. That fold I did with the snappi is called the Newspaper fold (your mum will hiss because in her time, they didn't give it any fancy name. But now we have Origami fold, Bikini twist fold, Newspaper fold, Angel Wings fold etc cheesy). In the last pic, I put the cotton prefold in diaper cover in Rainbow Zigzag. I will do a post on different folds on the blog so we can see www.mameandboo..com

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by jazzyjazz: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ehem mama onegai, I've sent an email biko reply
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Ehem mama onegai, I've sent an email biko reply

Gotcha.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Goodwork ure doing here @ ma'am onegai,will send dem a mail as soon as I'm ready, buh no one cced me
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
tatacherie:
Goodwork ure doing here @ ma'am onegai,will send dem a mail as soon as I'm ready, buh no one cced me

Hello, apologies. Couldn't recall all the mamas I was going to mention.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Onegai:

Hello, apologies. Couldn't recall all the mamas I was going to mention.
OK Ma.weldone!
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello everyone! Seasons Greetings. We now have reusable diaper liners, if anyone is interested. That makes it 2 options of diaper liners smiley

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Our Instagram page is now live! Thank you for your purchases and enquiries, please don't forget to follow us on IG: wambydiapers and Twitter: @WambyDiapers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello Ma'am,compliment of the season! Do you have Facebook handle yet?
May God see u guys tru this wonderful project
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
tatacherie:
Hello Ma'am,compliment of the season! Do you have Facebook handle yet?
May God see u guys tru this wonderful project

Hello, thank you so much for your kind words! Expect one 3rd of January 2017 smiley

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
Onegai:

Hello, thank you so much for your kind words! Expect one 3rd of January 2017 smiley
That's OK. Following*
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by zaynie(f): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2017
Onegai:

Hi Onegai!
Longest time...
So this is a long overdue thanks.
A while back, you posted a DIY tutu skirt, I just browsed through ....
Fast forward to a few months later, our class Christmas production wasn't making a headway.....the kids weren't getting the steps at all so I was like if we can't wow them with our dancing skills,, we should with our costumes.
So I made these tutus for the 6 girls in my class in green, red and white and it was wow!!!
The kids went on stage and the applause went on forever! Plus the kids left it to a few days to the event to catch up on the dance steps so we had an amazing show!
All the other teachers couldn't stop cooing, the parents kept on taking pictures, someone likened them to models on a runway cos they came out in a single file. I was happy, my bosses were impressed.
So thank you, for sharing. kiss
Atinuke got one too, in red. We will be making more.....I foresee a lot of tutus in her life these days. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ever put baby in the perfect outfit, change a poopy diaper and see your outfit stained? Pretty annoying! As long as your cloth diaper is fit snugly around your baby, that won't happen. Our Fitted inserts give even more perfect fit. Read more at www.nefescorner..com

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by realtalk19: 4:04am On Jan 07, 2017
Onegai:
Ever put baby in the perfect outfit, change a poopy diaper and see your outfit stained? Pretty annoying! As long as your cloth diaper is fit snugly around your baby, that won't happen. Our Fitted inserts give even more perfect fit. Read more
http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/01/blow-outs-no-way.html?m=1

plz how much is your reuseable diaper and liner?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / Man Commits Suicide On Bayelsa Flyover / Amethyst Oral HIV Test Kit Helps You Test Yourself For HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.