Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

This Is How We Cloth Diaper! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How We Cloth Diaper! (21034 Views)

Best Diaper And Wipes For Your Baby / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / How To Cure Heat Rashes And Diaper Rash In Babies (100% Effective) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
Give your baby's bum fresh air. But how do you do it without having to clean up a mess everywhere around the house??

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/04/the-freshest-of-fresh-air.html?m=1
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by CheeryChy(f): 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
@Onegai, @WambyDiapers, nice work going on here. Please can I have a phone number to discuss with you more on cloth diapering? I know absolutely nothing about it and I have lots of questions. Thanks.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 7:39am On Apr 07, 2017
CheeryChy:
@Onegai, @WambyDiapers, nice work going on here. Please can I have a phone number to discuss with you more on cloth diapering? I know absolutely nothing about it and I have lots of questions. Thanks.

Hello.

Thanks smiley. For any information, please take the time to look at our blog: www.mameandboo..com. We write about Cloth Diapering from a Nigerian viewpoint.

You can also email us at wambydiapers@gmail.com for more enquiries or send us a message on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wambydiapers. We reply very quickly through those channels. We even have videos on Facebook page.

Our Instagram page: wamby_diapers is great for seeing lots of pictures of what we have. We are actually expanding our product line soon with new products.

Our number is 08129964186 (we tend to use it for brief enquiries, as it is not WhatsApp-enabled). The fastest way to reach us is via email or Facebook as we have 2 people monitoring them and the response time is much quicker. Thank you once again.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by CheeryChy(f): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2017
WambyDiapers:

Hello.

Thanks smiley. For any information, please take the time to look at our blog: www.mameandboo..com. We write about Cloth Diapering from a Nigerian viewpoint.

You can also email us at wambydiapers@gmail.com for more enquiries or send us a message on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wambydiapers. We reply very quickly through those channels. We even have videos on Facebook page.

Our Instagram page: wamby_diapers is great for seeing lots of pictures of what we have. We are actually expanding our product line soon with new products.

Our number is 08129964186 (we tend to use it for brief enquiries, as it is not WhatsApp-enabled). The fastest way to reach us is via email or Facebook as we have 2 people monitoring them and the response time is much quicker. Thank you once again.

Thanks for the feedback. I will reach you asap.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
It's here!!!!

Today we announce the winner of our very first giveaway and it's so exciting!! cheesy Remember it's only open to our followers on Instagram or Facebook. One lucky little sweetie will be getting a diaper cover, cotton prefold and diaper pin free! Good luck to all our Fluff Mamas, winner be announced at 4pm.

By the way, INEC was fully involved in the collating of names and counting of followers and we have a certificate of authenticity from them grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2017
We have announced the winner of our Easter Giveaway on our page. Congratulations to her and her baby, please get back to us with your details. cheesy

https://www.facebook.com/wambydiapers/

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:12am On Apr 18, 2017
Good morning Mamas. How are we today? Did you hit the beach and have a great time with baby this Easter?

This is the start of Holiday season and this is such a great time to start baby on swimming lessons. Did you know you could use cloth diaper covers for swimming? Honest! Plus swimming is a great mental and physical exercise (wait till your child who never likes eating grabs a bowl of eba and okra soup desperately after their first swim class and Knocks off at 8pm till 7am the next morning! grin). Plus there are educational benefits for swimming (in Nigeria and relating to abroad, you would be surprised to learn of them). It's always best to start them early, 3 months is ideal for a private pool and 6-8 months for a well-maintained public pool in Nigeria. Read more:

http://mameandboo..com/2017/04/this-is-how-we-go-swimming.html
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2017
#ToddlerAppreciationDay grin

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
WambyDiapers:
We have announced the winner of our Easter Giveaway on our page. Congratulations to her and her baby, please get back to us with your details. cheesy

https://www.facebook.com/wambydiapers/
Yay!!! Ma petite is among the lucky winners
I'm so excited..thanks a million @ wambydaipers.more grease to your company
Pls how do we claim our package
*modified
original package received by me smiley
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 12:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Special appreciation to this great company for coming up with this innovation. This has come to stay.thanks for the beautiful Easter gift.I received them today.
May God increase you and your team
#teamfluff#
#healthyliving#

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Zheemub(f): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2017
tatacherie:
Special appreciation to this great company for coming up with this innovation. This has come to stay.thanks for the beautiful Easter gift.I received them today.
May God increase you and your team
#teamfluff#
#healthyliving#

Awwww, so lovely.
I really want to cloth diaper for my LO.
How many can I buy for a start?
By God's grace will be expecting LO by October. So want to start my stash. Lol
Thanks

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
Zheemub:

Awwww, so lovely.
Thanks
Congrats already ma'am, wishing u a smooth delivery
I can tell u cloth diapering is amazing! More healthy,cheaper on d long run,saves u from daiper rash wahala etc.its worth it.although its expensive at d beginning but its way cheaper later cos u can use it for d next baby.
I'll say start saving towards it if u would like to coth daiper ur baby full time.
U can start with 3 daiper covers and 7 inserts.but if u have s money buy as many inserts as u can afford cos newborns tend to b changed more frequently. All d best in dis beautiful fluff lifestyle
I'm almost becoming an addict cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Zheemub:

Awwww, so lovely.
Thanks

Do you want to  start from birth and  how often you intend to do stress free nappy laundry.  Those are the essential questions that will guide you.

For example: A newborn  will easily go through 12 nappies a day.  If you want  to wash at the  end of the day without panicing about running out then the  fomular I use is 12 nappy per whole  day + 6 extra

Washing everyday- 12  + 6 nappies= 18 minimum
Washing every 2nd day - 24 +6 = 30 minimum
Washing every 3rd day - 36 +6 = 42minimum.

This  helps  to have  a few  clean dry nappies  while the washed ones are drying.

For a two part  system  this may translate as  18 nappies = 18 prefolds/inserts  and  6 - 9 covers minimum.

As your baby grows they will use less per day and then you will find out that your initial stash will cover a longer period between laundry.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Zheemub(f): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thanks AlphaHandMaiden. Even though I don't really understand the logic.
I presume I need up to 20 nappies a day.
Hmmmmm isn't that too much to buy for a start considering economy situation. Maybe I should start saving 2000 from now till I will buy.

What I wanted to know was how many diaper covers, insert, prefolds I need to buy for a start.
Let's say I have 10000. What can this amount cover?
Thanks once again
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Zheemub:
Thanks AlphaHandMaiden. Even though I don't really understand the logic.
I presume I need up to 20 nappies a day.
Hmmmmm isn't that too much to buy for a start considering economy situation. Maybe I should start saving 2000 from now till I will buy.

What I wanted to know was how many diaper covers, insert, prefolds I need to buy for a start.
Let's say I have 10000. What can this amount cover?
Thanks once again

This is my own logic:
If you are able to wash and hang nappies every evening:
12 nappies is ideal for a newborn over 24 hours. If we count from day break, by evening you have used 6 nappies and you wash those and hang them out to dry before you sleep, you still have 12 clean nappies to use the next 24hrs.

By the next evening when you wash however many of those 12, you will have at least 6 clean dry ones to use.

The reason you have more inserts than covers is because your can reuse the covers if it is only pee. when your baby poos then you add the covers to your dirty pile.

Too many cloth nappies?!!!!.... shocked shocked shocked

Woman! There can be no such thing! Lol! You are talking to a fluff addict here oh! The ONLY reason i havent gotten more is because i do not have physical space to put it!
Plus i havent concocted a story valid enough to explain to alphahubby why the close to 50 nappies i have are suddenly not enough now that my dd only goes through 6 or 7 a day! Lol! embarassed

If you look at the economic situation: it still works out cheaper for you. The difference is that cloth nappies have a higher upfront cost. But once you buy your stash... you are done! For at least 2 years for this current child and it will serve at least one more child.

As opposed to disposable that you buy monthly or even weekly, 5K here and there and in 3 months you may have spent N50K easily without even knowing and you are stil rationing oh... if the disposable has not reached the knee or baby poos ... no changing. . in a year you have spent N250K or even more and then start again with every child you have.

Every day you use cloth, you save on not only the money for disposables but also reduce the amount of trash you will produce! You wll be amazed at your first week after your baby arrives that the bin is always full, and of nappies and if the refuse collection don't come on time..... na problem.

20 nappies is a good number to start.

Get a mix of prefolds and inserts. Maybe 12 prefold and about 8 inserts ( some hemp some bamboo) to make up your 20 pieces. (Count the nappies based on the absorbent parts as this is the part you will change at every nappy change.

With the inserts, you may need only one when you baby is still small, as they grow you may need to double up or add an insert to the prefold to boost absorbtion. As they will pee more and you leave them longer between changes.

Then aim for about 6 -10 covers

1 or 2 wet bags (a spare for when the other is in the wash.

About 10 or so wipes.

Liners are optional especially when still only breast or formular fed. They are in my opinion amazing once you start weaning.

N10K will probably get you about 4 prefolds and 2 covers. You need to confirm the prices though. It may not look like much, but let me paint you a scenario:

If you use 8 - 12 nappies/ day and each disposable cost N100( assuming premium brands here and buying the jumbo packs). Then you are spending N800 - N1,200 a day on nappies. ( if you have to buy smaller packs this figure will even be more! Not everyone will have 20K to buy larger packs even though hey are more economical)

If you buy 4 cloth nappies for N10K and you substitute 4 of your daily disposables for cloth, that 10K would have paid for its self in 25 days..... ( 10,000/400) everything after then is a saving. So imagine that substituting only 4 cloth nappies a day is saving you N400 per day, in a year that could be up to N150K. Now imagine what you will save if you use the same cloth nappies full time, till potty training and for a second child.

I for insrance still buy a bit of disposables to use on trips and at other times because lets face it , sometimes it is quite convienient but i use like a pack of 40 for about 4-6weeks. If i were to be using only disposables a pack of 40 will last me only 7 or so days maximum.

Since you still have a while to go, saving up is a good idea and then you buy a substantial abount at the end. Or you buy in bits.

Sorry for the sermon! Lol! But i hope you catch my drift!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 2:39am On Apr 30, 2017
@ alphahandmaiden thanks for that detailed one Ma'am
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Zheemub(f): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

This is my own logic:
If you are able to wash and hang nappies every evening:
12 nappies is ideal for a newborn over 24 hours. If we count from day break, by evening you have used 6 nappies and you wash those and hang them out to dry before you sleep, you still have 12 clean nappies to use the next 24hrs.

By the next evening when you wash however many of those 12, you will have at least 6 clean dry ones to use.

The reason you have more inserts than covers is because your can reuse the covers if it is only pee. when your baby poos then you add the covers to your dirty pile.

Too many cloth nappies?!!!!.... shocked shocked shocked

Woman! There can be no such thing! Lol! You are talking to a fluff addict here oh! The ONLY reason i havent gotten more is because i do not have physical space to put it!
Plus i havent concocted a story valid enough to explain to alphahubby why the close to 50 nappies i have are suddenly not enough now that my dd only goes through 6 or 7 a day! Lol! embarassed

If you look at the economic situation: it still works out cheaper for you. The difference is that cloth nappies have a higher upfront cost. But once you buy your stash... you are done! For at least 2 years for this current child and it will serve at least one more child.

As opposed to disposable that you buy monthly or even weekly, 5K here and there and in 3 months you may have spent N50K easily without even knowing and you are stil rationing oh... if the disposable has not reached the knee or baby poos ... no changing. . in a year you have spent N250K or even more and then start again with every child you have.

Every day you use cloth, you save on not only the money for disposables but also reduce the amount of trash you will produce! You wll be amazed at your first week after your baby arrives that the bin is always full, and of nappies and if the refuse collection don't come on time..... na problem.

20 nappies is a good number to start.

Get a mix of prefolds and inserts. Maybe 12 prefold and about 8 inserts ( some hemp some bamboo) to make up your 20 pieces. (Count the nappies based on the absorbent parts as this is the part you will change at every nappy change.

With the inserts, you may need only one when you baby is still small, as they grow you may need to double up or add an insert to the prefold to boost absorbtion. As they will pee more and you leave them longer between changes.

Then aim for about 6 -10 covers

1 or 2 wet bags (a spare for when the other is in the wash.

About 10 or so wipes.

Liners are optional especially when still only breast or formular fed. They are in my opinion amazing once you start weaning.

N10K will probably get you about 4 prefolds and 2 covers. You need to confirm the prices though. It may not look like much, but let me paint you a scenario:

If you use 8 - 12 nappies/ day and each disposable cost N100( assuming premium brands here and buying the jumbo packs). Then you are spending N800 - N1,200 a day on nappies. ( if you have to buy smaller packs this figure will even be more! Not everyone will have 20K to buy larger packs even though hey are more economical)

If you buy 4 cloth nappies for N10K and you substitute 4 of your daily disposables for cloth, that 10K would have paid for its self in 25 days..... ( 10,000/400) everything after then is a saving. So imagine that substituting only 4 cloth nappies a day is saving you N400 per day, in a year that could be up to N150K. Now imagine what you will save if you use the same cloth nappies full time, till potty training and for a second child.

I for insrance still buy a bit of disposables to use on trips and at other times because lets face it , sometimes it is quite convienient but i use like a pack of 40 for about 4-6weeks. If i were to be using only disposables a pack of 40 will last me only 7 or so days maximum.

Since you still have a while to go, saving up is a good idea and then you buy a substantial abount at the end. Or you buy in bits.

Sorry for the sermon! Lol! But i hope you catch my drift!

Thanks a lot.
I get you drift. It's well explanatory. Will buy in bits so that the cash doesn't hook me. Lol.

Wamby how can I reach you?
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 3:38am On May 05, 2017
Zheemub:

Thanks a lot.
I get you drift. It's well explanatory. Will buy in bits so that the cash doesn't hook me. Lol.

Wamby how can I reach you?

Hey hun, you can shoot me an email on wambydiapers@gmail.com smiley
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Zheemub(f): 10:12am On May 05, 2017
WambyDiapers:

Hey hun, you can shoot me an email on wambydiapers@gmail.com smiley

Thanks. Have already sent an email and a reply has been sent.
Will get back to you.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 1:56pm On May 05, 2017
Hello Mums, buying diapers and wiped doesn't have to be like pouring money into a never-ending river. Save big on CLOTH DIAPERING today. kiss
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 1:58am On May 13, 2017
Hello wamby, pls why are you shutting down your Facebook handle? That's sad..just got the msg today.was actually preparing to post pics of my little one on d product
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 3:07am On May 13, 2017
tatacherie:
Hello wamby, pls why are you shutting down your Facebook handle? That's sad..just got the msg today.was actually preparing to post pics of my little one on d product

It's okay, you can post it here smiley
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 12:38pm On May 13, 2017
Onegai:

It's okay, you can post it here smiley
OK Ma.but hope no issues..I mean why shutting down?
Kindly help with the Twitter handle if there is
Thanks
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by gustavo440: 8:18pm On May 16, 2017
hello onegai, if i am buying a hemp or bamboo insert will i be needing a snappi fastener? is it just for cotton prefolds? thanks
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 5:19am On May 18, 2017
gustavo440:
hello onegai, if i am buying a hemp or bamboo insert will i be needing a snappi fastener? is it just for cotton prefolds? thanks

You're correct, the snappi is for the cotton prefolds.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by XX01(f): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2017
How do you cope with wet nappies during the night? I use the hemp insert and the prefold and it still spills wee everywhere. Baby that used to sleep through the night now wakes up for a nappy change. Help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
XX01:
How do you cope with wet nappies during the night? I use the hemp insert and the prefold and it still spills wee everywhere. Baby that used to sleep through the night now wakes up for a nappy change. Help.

Hi, could you please take a picture and upload it so we can see? It may be due to leaks (especially from the side) because Hemp and Cotton combo is supposed to be one of the most absorbent combos. If it isn't a leak, let us put heads together and figure this out. Thank you and sorry about this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
WambyDiapers:
So many babies and children are developing Asthma and other allergies nowadays. Our world is no longer the safe, healthy place it was in our parents' time. Choose the organic option today, keep your baby chemical-free and safe.

We have seen so many parents complain constantly about rashes and sensitivity to chemicals in disposable diapers and we know that cloth diapered babies are very safe! 100% organic and natural, pure and breathable. Give your child the best.

Please reas our take on chemical-free diapers here:

www.nefescorner..com

Please lovely blog readers, check out www.nefescorner..com, I have moved!! grin the blog will cover even more topics apart from cloth diapering and feature guest writers, lots of pictures and great videos. I sincerely hope you enjoy it and turn it into something interactive,your comments are more than welcome and you can always contact me to get your great cloth nappies and diapers. Thank you very much.

Cc fvine

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Onegai(f): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
An oldie but goodie on why I always recommend cloth diapers.

http://nefescorner..com/2017/02/atopic-dermatitis-growing-concern.html?m=1
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Fvine: 8:10am On Jun 29, 2017
Onegai:

Please lovely blog readers, check out www.nefescorner..com, I have moved!! grin the blog will cover even more topics apart from cloth diapering and feature guest writers, lots of pictures and great videos. I sincerely hope you enjoy it and turn it into something interactive,your comments are more than welcome and you can always contact me to get your great cloth nappies and diapers. Thank you very much.

Cc fvine
Thanks for the update. I'll be following as always.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sis Fvine ... ... cheesy cheesy
I hail o.
Mama Onegai , well done. smiley

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Fvine: 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
Loisemm:
Sis Fvine ... ... cheesy cheesy
I hail o.
Mama Onegai , well done. smiley

Ha! Ma Sis, so you sef dey here. You sabi better thing. Carry Go!. I hail you back too grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals / Dr Vwaere Diaso: Lagos Government Condoles Family, Sets Up Inquiry / Please Help I want to gain some weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.