Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

This Is How We Cloth Diaper! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How We Cloth Diaper! (21005 Views)

Best Diaper And Wipes For Your Baby / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / How To Cure Heat Rashes And Diaper Rash In Babies (100% Effective) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:11am On Feb 12, 2017
kiss kiss Love is in the air!! kiss

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2017
We want you to fall in love with our Snappi! kiss

Always remember, like buying a new car instead of fixing a second-hand one, cloth nappies cost more upfront but are always, always cheaper! #PennyWisePoundFoolish is not our portion IJN!

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2017
Happy Valentine's Day!! we hope you gave a gift and received a gift from your loved ones. Fall in love with a cloth diaper today!

1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2017
embarassed cry sniff sniff. Abeg make our day, patronize us.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by forzarush(f): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
I'm an expectant mom,ftm and I have a huge interest in cloth diapering from birth. Please what do I need to get for LO?
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 10:50am On Feb 15, 2017
forzarush:
I'm an expectant mom,ftm and I have a huge interest in cloth diapering from birth. Please what do I need to get for LO?

Hello,

You can certainly cloth diaper from birth. What you need to do is take a look at your plans for the future:
1. Will you be staying home with your baby full time?
2. Will your baby be going to a creche, when and for how long?

for a fully cloth diapered baby (day and night), 34 to 40 diapers is recommended by most experts. That will also help you manage them for a 2nd baby. I chose to cloth diaper fully and started with 22 diapers. You could start building slowly by getting 3 covers, 3 cotton inserts, 2 packs of wipes (because you can use them from birth and they are much better than the ball of cotton wool most people use on newborns before they use disposable wipes. All the people who did omugwo for us really liked the cloth wipes for the newborn baby), 1 bamboo and 1 hemp and a Snappi diaper fastener. Your next purchase will then be 4 covers, 5 cotton and a few more inserts (depending on your choice, some mums like the bamboo, other mums prefer the hemp) and add a wetbag. Any other purchase can be inserts, wipes and covers only, maybe another Snappi (2 or 3 are more than enough).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by zimunachimdi: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
wambydiapers,i got ur mails but cant get the price lists, i am not on intagram. how else can i get it. tx
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
zimunachimdi:
wambydiapers,i got ur mails but cant get the price lists, i am not on intagram. how else can i get it. tx

Hello you can reach us on https://m.facebook.com/wambydiapers/ Thank you smiley
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello Fluff Mamas! We have videos now on our facebook and blog. Our first 2 videos are Parts 1 and 2 on doing diaper laundry with a washing machine. Our next video will cover washing diapers by hand (for our strong, hardworking mamas interested in this option. Did you know handwashing is growing in popularity in countries like the United States? No kidding!). Please follow the link below to watch our videos.

https://www.facebook.com/wambydiapers/videos/

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Unisex trio for your diapers. You should aim for buying unisex colors, especially for FTMs. Besides, no ultrasound is 100%accurate and you cannot come and be buying one colour for one gender and the Lord surprises you on delivery day grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello, we would like to share our findings about something that concerns us all. We see a lot of mums complaining about rashes, coughs and cartarrhs and being prescribed antibiotics constantly which do not work for 2 weeks and so many other childhood ailments. We spoke to some doctors and were given a pamphlet which we at Wamby Diapers would like to share with you. A lot of our babies are showing up with more allergies and it is being treated as a antibacterial infection or even malaria (that baffled us). Worse, we stubbornly see parents holding onto bad information and spreading it (we were told of a popular Mother and Child program which consistently gets things wrong but keeps sharing the info as correct). Please take the time to read this. Thanks

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/02/atopic-dermatitis-growing-concern.html?m=1
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2017
We are in the last few days of our Introductory Sale. So hurry up and grab your precious diapers now.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
We just can't shout: cute, healthy and organic in one power package. Hope you are following us and our pages on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Our Easter Giveaway will be announced soon and it is only open to followers before Easter oh!

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
Back at the factory! We are getting ready to launch our Newborn cotton inserts but are testing and testing, to make sure that every product is amazing for your baby. We haven't decided on final colours, but one fluff mama is pushing pink and another blue, on us grin. Do we take a vote? Stay tuned for when we launch our Newborn cotton prefold!

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 10:00am On Mar 02, 2017
Shhhhh.....Rule no.1: follow and like our social media pages... wink

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello mums. We have launched our Newborn prefolds (we listened to feedback and gave this great option!). We also hear mums say "I don't know how to use the prefold and snappi", so we have put up a very pic-heavy tutorial on how to use prefolds on our blog.

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/hurray-for-our-newborn-cotton-prefold.html?m=1

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/how-to-fold-cotton-prefold-on-babyand.html?m=1

Below is a pic of our pretty model who is about 4 weeks plus in our Newborn cotton prefold. So a nice organic choice from birth plus you can use it later as a doubler and booster for older babies and more inserts.

Meanwhile, we showed a couple of experienced mums and grandmas and nurses at a big GH in Lagos state and they all folded and snappied without us showing them how. Then they proceeded to "yab" new mums and call them "small gehs who don't know much" but we defended your honour! grin and said we would get 10 pics of fluff Mamas confidently using prefolds. So please help us by sending in your pics of your sweet babies in diapers (so that matron and Apex nurse will eat their words). We can do this!

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by SwitBEsther: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
hi,how much is ur clothe diapers
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
SwitBEsther:
hi,how much is ur clothe diapers

Hello, please contact us on https://m.facebook.com/wambydiapers/ or email wambydiapers@gmail.com for a full list and catalogue. Thank you smiley
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 8:29am On Mar 08, 2017
Today, we want to celebrate the women of Wamby Diapers:

To our Engineers and our Architects, who juggle Motherhood and Pregnancy with brain-taxing work, to our pregnant mum who drives out with her family in the back and sits in a hot factory room to check every product, to our tired mums who reply emails and queries at 9pm after a long day, to our super mum who was in the hospital with a threatened pregnancy and still posting and pushing the brand without panicking outwardly, to our Artist who wants your babies in cute prints, to our Economists who are authorities on all technical issues like buttons, snaps and sergers, to our single mum and mum who waited on the Lord (but He had other plans, you're still a mum for the support you give), to our "Consultant" who gingers us when we are out of ideas, to our 7-time grandma who took our flyer to show her meeting ladies and make necessary appointments for us, to friends dragged us to their friends' homes and organised pitches and meetings, to customers who took time to read our blog, give us feedback and supported us by following our every social media post...

And to the little girls who inspired us to become cloth diapers users and save the world, we say...

THANK YOU!!!!

We are all WonderWomen.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Please Mamas, we want to mention Wamby Diapers are All-in-2 systems for now. Which means you have to get a diaper cover and insert separately. An All-in-1 diaper looks exactly like a disposable and you are buying just that and cannot change the insert (you can however add to it via doublers). Please read more:

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2016/12/cloth-diapering-101.html?m=1

Thanks.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
Good day wamby,kindly send me your link,i want to place an order.quite urgent pls,thanks
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
tatacherie:
Good day wamby,kindly send me your link,i want to place an order.quite urgent pls,thanks

Hello, please check our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wambydiapers

Or email wambydiapers@gmail.com

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by tatacherie: 12:28am On Mar 16, 2017
WambyDiapers:

Hello, please check our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wambydiapers

Or email wambydiapers@gmail.com

Thank you.
Sent a mail already
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 9:29am On Mar 17, 2017
Please stand and take this pledge with us:

"Today, I solemnly swear to always wash my hands, do my best to keep my baby safe from the bad bacteria around us. There's good bacteria and we need that but we don't need the ones from the common stuff around us... "

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/wash-your-hands-and-say-your-prayers.html?m=1
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
We listened and we heard you, so that's why we have a new post up on the blog showing that yes, you can do an easy trifold and still diaper your baby. Here's how:

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/more-ways-to-use-cotton-prefold.html?m=1

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
We gave crayons to the children here and asked them "What do you call Mummy?". So they created this lovely sign. And the kids said that their Mummies were 10/10 in their eyes! So from Today all through Tuesday, please take 10% off our entire catalogue. Happy Mother's Day.

(Shout out to the Mums who also speak their language to their kids!! Can you identify which language each one is?)

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2017
A mum sent us a picture of her growing cloth Diaper collection (seriously, this stage always happens when you start snapping pics obsessively grin). So, so cute! Abeg what are you waiting for, join the #FluffRevolution today and keep your baby healthy and save some cool cash.

Today is the last day of our Mother's Day sale o! Don't miss it please.

Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by Zheemub(f): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
Good evening, am an expectant mum. Will like to try the cloth diaper. How cost effective is it in purchasing?
Thanks
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by WambyDiapers: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
Zheemub:
Good evening, am an expectant mum. Will like to try the cloth diaper. How cost effective is it in purchasing?
Thanks

Hello. Cloth Diapers are very, very cost effective. Compared to every brand of disposable on the market, we are cheaper. Think of it this way, when you go to Balogun market, you may be buying N20, 000 worth of tissue paper and that seems expensive. But it will last you for over 6 months. Now please compare that to buying 1 or 2 packs of tissue paper when you need it (maybe from your supermarket, kiosk). You may be spending N250 per roll but it costs way more over 6 months. Same thing with cooking or anything. We look at even grams and litres on the bottles of home products like bleach and more. It's always cheaper to buy the bigger product because you end up getting more for less when you break it down. We attended a workshop for women recently about Personal Finance and the moderator assured everyone that we would save more when we buy in bulk.

When you see a cloth Diaper and it costs N3800, the price will seem shocking especially compared to like N2100 for a pack of 32 disposables. But then you buy disposable and in less than 5 days, you finish that N2100 (nothing will horrifying you until the day your child uses 3 diapers in one morning because she pooped a little, pooped some more 1 hour later and peed heavily 30 minutes. All in the space of 1 hour). Meanwhile, that N3800 diaper is going to be used almost daily for the next 2 and a half years (2.5) and even for another child. Some people do 3 kids in the same diapers (if you buy enough and take care of them, you should be able to keep half of your stash till baby no. 3). Infact, I am retiring some of my cloth diapers for another child (more than half my wipes are already packed and ready) because our child is getting potty trained.

And that is another benefit of cloth diapers: children can feel themselves get wet and get uncomfortable and potty train a lot faster. Most disposable diapers have a strong stay-dry top so even the parent cannot tell when the child is wet (which is why they have those yellow indicator strips on disposables).

Health-wise, far too many of the products in Nigeria are substandard. Out of all the Dr's and Nurses whom have seen our products, the only disposable diaper they could compare to in quality was Huggins (US) and Pampers (US). A dermatologist bought some of our cloth wipes for one of his patients because the baby reacted to every commercial wipe (too many strong fragrances). The safest thing to use on a baby is Cotton and that's our No. 1 seller. All our products are plant-based for health reasons.
Re: This Is How We Cloth Diaper! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Delta COVID-19 Team Members Have Died / Why OAU Teaching Hospital Sacked Over 1500 Health Workers (Video) / How To Get Rid Of Brown And Crusty Toe Nails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.