Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo (1339 Views)

Biafra: You Have No Right To Stop Election In Igbo Land – Orji Kalu Tells Kanu / Stop Developing Abuja, Kano - Okorocha Tells Ndigbo / Why Ndigbo Should Join APC —- Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
The former governor of Abia, Chief Orji Kalu, has said that it was more beneficial for the South east to join the All Progressives Congress in order to belong and exploit the benefits of being in mainstream national politics.

Kalu made the call on Friday night during an interaction with journalists at his Camp Neya country home at Igbere in Bende Local Government Area of the state.

He said that the region would contribute more towards the good of the people of the region when they stop being in the opposition camp and instead stand with the decision makers in the ruling party.

He said, “Ndigbo should join APC so as to enable them to sit where other Nigerians are seated to decide on how to move the nation forward.”

He said that the victories recorded by APC in the Edo and Ondo general elections proved that the APC had become acceptable to Nigerians.

He said, “The APC electoral victories in Edo and Ondo clearly showed the popularity of the party.

“So, I did not make mistake in taking the Igbos into the national politics, where other Nigerians are seated. That is where I want the Igbos to sit.

“So there is nothing wrong in our joining APC for us to be able to sit where other Nigerians are seated. That is more important to me.”

He said that it was imperative for other prominent Igbo politicians to swell the number of people from the south east region in APC, including the Minister of Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr Chris Ngige, and Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo, amongst others.

Kalu commended President Muhammadu Buhari for fulfilling his promise to resume work on federal roads in the South east.

He said, “During my visit to the president, he made a promise to me and other leaders three months ago that all the contractors would be back to the federal roads before the end of Nov.

“Today, if you go to every federal road in Eastern Nigeria, you will see that all the contractors are back fully and this is why I joined APC.

“I didn’t join the party on selfish basis; I joined because the president made a promise and I have seen that the contractors are back to site.

“And if they are back, why can’t I believe him? He will do more.”

He further said that his interest was for the South east to have good roads, security and opportunities to trade and achieve prosperity.

The former governor, who is a renowned businessman, further spoke on the current economic recession in the country.

He said, “All the nation’s of the world are going through recession, Nigeria is not an exception.

“I’m an international businessman, I am crying in all the countries I am doing business.

“From one country to the other, the story is the same, so we are crying there as we are crying in Nigeria.”

Kalu urged the president to pay attention to the economy as he had done to security.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/join-apc-kalu-tells-ndigbo/

2 Shares

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
Promise you sire

They will tell you how you were born

Just watch out

Fire

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
Thunder go strike that use less being mouth lipsrsealed

Lets be sincere with ourselves, this Kalu is a biitch. who the f is happy with that cow on the throne angry

5 Likes

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by beycity(m): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lemme just chill & read comments..
Kalu better brace up for what's coming cos I trust them, they never disappoint. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

bros you dey vex o...shuo!!! e don reach thunder matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
grin grin
sarrki:
Promise you sire

They will tell you how you were born

Just watch out

Fire
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

One still counting

Oga uzor I know tell you

Thus is just the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
To achieve ur aim right ? .Let 2019 come fast.
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
this guy need slap

5 Likes

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

OZAOEKPE:
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
ISDKING:
To achieve ur aim right ? .Let 2019 come fast.

that's politicians for you.

1 Like

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by TimeMod1: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Igbos are their own worst enemies--OUK

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by eyeview: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why should i? When i have no corruption case i need to cover

1 Like

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by maclatunji: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hehehehehe... Buhari is taking-over the Southeast.

Oya, let me read your reactions to that which you don't want to read.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by mrhipup(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
He's seriously looking 4 trouble
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
mrhipup:
He's seriously looking 4 trouble

nay!!!

he's looking for a cover.
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by eyeview: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
maclatunji:
Hehehehehe... Buhari is taking-over the Southeast.

Oya, let me read your reactions to that which you don't want to read.

I laugh.
Buhari taking south east bacause of ouk?
Buhari is being deceived. There are things one cant reveal here cos of 2019 chances but i can assure you that kalu is a dead weight in abia state,talkless of south east. Are you aware than a senate rerun was held in his zone under this govt and he came a distant fourth. Thats the man you are celebrating as an incursion into south east.
If you people are serious,you come and i will show u silent game changers that can help u gain a little ground but they are principled men that wont be bought
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by OILSOUP: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
KALU IS NOT FIT TO BE CLASSIFIED AS AN IGBO LEADER.

WE SHOULD JOIN APC, DOES NDIIGBO LOOK LIKE LOOTERS WITH SOMETHING TO HIDE TO U?

THE ONLY THING WE WILL JOIN IS BIAFRA.

3 Likes

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by zendy: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Orji Uzo Kalu is a fool for telling Igbos to join a demonic party like APC
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by Allsouls: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
Orji Uzo Kalu, we know you and what you can do as ashawo party, he enter APC to avoid being detained based on abias money he stolen.

We the Easterners don't need you and your APC what we need is Biafra and still remain Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by sarrki(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
Allsouls:
Orji Uzo Kalu, we know you and what you can do as ashawo party, he enter APC to avoid being detained based on abias money he stolen.

We the Easterners don't need you and your APC what we need is Biafra and still remain Biafra.

Why your hero leave him then ?
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy

Allsouls:

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by alizma: 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE YOUTHS FROM THAT REGION? KALU MADE HIS POINT CLEARLY AND I WAS EXPECTING ANYBODY WHO FEELS THE OTHER WAY ROUND TO COME OUT AND TELL US THAT THE CONTRACTORS ARE NOT BACK BUT INSTEAD OF THAT, THEY RESULT TO INSULTING THE MAN.
PLS WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT, IS IT THE DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR REGION OR BELONGING TO A PARTICULAR PARTY AT THE EXPENSES OF DEVELOPMENT?
WHAT TANGIBLE DEVELOPMENT IN YOUR AREA TOOK PLACE DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF GEJ APART FROM THE FACT THAT HE ANSWERED THE NAME "HE IS FROM OUR SIDE"?
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
alizma:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE YOUTHS FROM THAT REGION? KALU MADE HIS POINT CLEARLY AND I WAS EXPECTING ANYBODY WHO FEELS THE OTHER WAY ROUND TO COME OUT AND TELL US THAT THE CONTRACTORS ARE NOT BACK BUT INSTEAD OF THAT, THEY RESULT TO INSULTING THE MAN.
PLS WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT, IS IT THE DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR REGION OR BELONGING TO A PARTICULAR PARTY AT THE EXPENSES OF DEVELOPMENT?
WHAT TANGIBLE DEVELOPMENT IN YOUR AREA TOOK PLACE DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF GEJ APART FROM THE FACT THAT HE ANSWERED THE NAME "HE IS FROM OUR SIDE"?

freedom of speech is allow. Kanu has the right to say whatever or belongs to any party. but not forcing or asking people to join.
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by nku5: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
"Go and die!!" - Igbos reply Kalu
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by Opakan2: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
you see now?

A typical igbo politician.. They can't stand for anything in their worthless lives, yet their flatron idiots will go about abusing fine politicians like Tinubu and co.
Others that were in opposition throughout PDP era are mumus right?

Join APC and turn Nigeria to a one party state.. Fools!
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by maclatunji: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
eyeview:

I laugh.
Buhari taking south east bacause of ouk?
Buhari is being deceived. There are things one cant reveal here cos of 2019 chances but i can assure you that kalu is a dead weight in abia state,talkless of south east. Are you aware than a senate rerun was held in his zone under this govt and he came a distant fourth. Thats the man you are celebrating as an incursion into south east.
If you people are serious,you come and i will show u silent game changers that can help u gain a little ground but they are principled men that wont be bought

There is Governor Rochas, Minister Ngige and many more that will still feel their interests are better-achieved by aligning with and not fighting the president and/or his party.
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by DONSMITH123(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

nku5:
"Go and die!!" - Igbos reply Kalu

2 Likes

Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by nwadiuko1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
kanu may be a billionaire.... but politically he is a deadweight. . an ex governor who couldnt even come second in a senatorial election in his district........
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
Opakan2:
you see now?

A typical igbo politician.. They can't stand for anything in their worthless lives, yet their flatron idiots will go about abusing fine politicians like Tinubu and co.
Others that were in opposition throughout PDP era are mumus right?

Join APC and turn Nigeria to a one party state.. Fools!

gbam
Re: Join APC, Kalu Tells Ndigbo by jmoore(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lekwanu this man!!!

What did he achieve as governor of Abia state for 8 years?
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Groups Behind Buhari's Death Rumor Revealed / Saraki Gets Approval Set To Declare Buhari's Office Vacant. / Nnamdi Kanu The Lion King Slayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.