Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (35134 Views)

Work Begins On The Collapsed Portion Of Makurdi-lafia-abuja Road (photos) / Governor Udom Leaves After Collapse Of Reigners Bible Church Building. PICS / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by megareal: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Peroti:
No body is even asking of the Owner of the said church,whether He's alive or affected... Pls someone should tell Us more o

The owner was in comma yesterday. Nothing heard for now.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by victorazy(m): 9:11am On Dec 11, 2016
3rdavefarms:
His deputy should be questioned

The collapsing is more of spiritual than physical

Please don't quote me nor mention me

Yes I believe is more of spiritual but don't blame or suspect anyone yet.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 11, 2016
mykeljosef:
hmmnnn something doesn't seem right
When will things ever be right.....when you keep carrying suspicious eyes...

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by alsudaes1(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
ceejay80s:
Buy this building Is not built with blocks na, how come? I saw the picture and its like a tent

Still a mystery to me.. . . .

But looking at those "THIN" pillars (3rd pix), I doubt it has the strength to carry those HEAVY metallic roofing frames undecided
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Jacobx007: 9:28am On Dec 11, 2016
Kai! Even as an Accountant I can tell those pillars are looking extremely weak to hold that massive iron roof!! RIP to the dead!!!

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by alsudaes1(m): 9:35am On Dec 11, 2016
Jacobx007:
Kai! Even as an Accountant I can tell those pillars are looking extremely weak to hold that massive iron roof!! RIP to the dead!!!

My submission too, , , so sad
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by xnsandrxns: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Why not make the scam church responsible for the medical expenses?
Why use everybody's money?
The church is going to escape unsanctioned in this case
What a dead society angry
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Blue3k(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2016
xnsandrxns:
Why not make the scam church responsible for the medical expenses?
Why use everybody's money?
The church is going to escape unsanctioned in this case
What a dead society angry

Not too sure the church can escape this one. The builders won't have any issue selling out pastor in court. The families can always sue the church of they want to as well.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by wetinconcernu: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2016
That’s why I say that Nigeria is a failed state. U cannot use a building under construction for mass gathering in develop countries. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.
It is sad. May God grant the families of the deceased the grace to bear the loss of their love ones.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by emperorchedda(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2016
engrjacuzzi:
udom escape because his orderlies paid the price.
Oga nobody paid any price, Udom sat far far away from the falling roofs, he walked out of the building after the collapse, just like the Bishop

Nothing like orderly pushing him away and dying on his behalf

Una too like action film for Naija
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by emperorchedda(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2016
godonzoki:
An aid pushed the Gov off a falling thrust but the aid could not escape the iron thrust so it fell on the aid and he died while the Gov was saved.
Oga nobody paid any price, Udom sat far far away from the falling roofs, he walked out of the building after the collapse, just like the Bishop

Nothing like orderly pushing him away and dying on his behalf. In the picture above you'll see the governor sat close to the Bishop so if the bishop was unhurt don't you think th was no roof above where Udom and the dignitaries sat so the man was very safe and was in no danger whatsoever

Una too like action film for Naija

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by xnsandrxns: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2016
Blue3k:

Not too sure the church can escape this one. The builders won't have any issue selling out pastor in court. The families can always sue the church of they want to as well.
So why is the government bearing the medical expenses?
Shouldn't the church be responsible for that?
Without even being told
You built a death trap and invited people into it, now the masses is paying for your wickedness
What if the Governor had died in that shrine?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by naniawini(f): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2016
Is dat not Apostle Zilly Aggrey in the first pics...
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by koolaid87: 10:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Wizteaser:
God bless my governor. No evil shall befall you. Not as if I am happy for those affected but it would have been more disastrous had the first citizen of the state been involved. Long live Governor Udom Emmanuel, long live Akwa Ibom State long live the federal Republic of Nigeria.

Shallow brain!
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2016
nwakibe:
How did the Governor escaped? Some report has it that he came 30 minutes to the church service after the collapse of the building. While some said he was there when the building collapsed but was pushed aside by one of his aides. Which one do we believe?

Exactly my point. Nobody is giving us factual details surrounding Udom’s escape. Was he in the church and managed to escaped or never arrived before the incidence?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by lapazi(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2016
FredN:
Atheists will jump on this thread like a swarm of flies at the smell of fresh sh!t

Bad things happen to good people... if God didn't spare his own Son, then we can be certain no one will be spared pain.

One thing we can always say, is that even in sad times he feels our pain and shares our grief. For those that died, it is a sad transition for them to better lives with God and we can be rest assured if he let it happen, he had better plans for them

but bro i thought dey said the "son" is the "god"?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2016
lapazi:

but bro i thought dey said the "son" is the "god"?

Yes he is.

If you can explain the difference between your consciousness and your body then maybe you might have a shot at understanding my answers to your question
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Wizteaser: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2016
koolaid87:

Shallow brain!
deep brain, I sight you.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by juman(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
A country where there is no government.

The church was built without following the necessary building codes.

Many buildings in nigeria are potential death trap.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by juman(m): 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
victorazy:

Yes I believe is more of spiritual but don't blame or suspect anyone yet.

You see african backward mentality.

Hiss
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by wizalpha(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
This Governor is a suspend....dnt believe his write up, seems suspicious.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Adeolu4(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
I don't think dat just happened as a natural cause, though am not saying it was nt God's will, but it looks suspicious to me thou
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by cejo(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Is high time the National Building Code (NBC) should be passed into law by our law makers so that the professionals will be held responsible for issues of this type,which i believe will never easily occur again. Developed nations are using it thus it abolishes quackery with severe penalties,in law court only trained lawyers solicit or judges cases,in hospitals trained Doctors/Nurses handle cases,therefore in the built environment let the professionals do the think tank & lets avoid cutting corners thinking its cheaper.Here, everybody is called Engineer cos uve worked in one site or the other even masons & bricklayer who never went thru apprenticeship.I rest my case,over the Akwa Ibom state Govt to enact sustainable laws.
My condolences to the bereaved families.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Zeze06(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
The owner of church is a scumbag, an idiot, a retarded heartless bastard, even after such event, the scoundrel took a different venue and went ahead with the ordination, not minding hundreds that have died! He should be stoned to death!

Peroti:
No body is even asking of the Owner of the said church,whether He's alive or affected... Pls someone should tell Us more o
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Dogbana: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Wat bout the d pastor to b ordained a Bishop, did he also die?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Iyascobobby: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
victorazy:

He is not lucky but he has grace of God over him. Not everybody that perishes, not child of God and that why we pray everyday "deliver us from evil" and you will see many waking and going out carelessly everyday withouse saying that word . cry cry cry

So those that died, do not have grace of God over them?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Blue3k(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
xnsandrxns:

So why is the government bearing the medical expenses?
Shouldn't the church be responsible for that?
Without even being told
You built a death trap and invited people into it, now the masses is paying for your wickedness
What if the Governor had died in that shrine?

I don't know why them are. They shold be. If the govenor died the deputy take over o believe.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by victorazy(m): 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
Iyascobobby:

So those that died, do not have grace of God over them?

Grace differs bro, ask ur pastor he will lecture u on that.

God can decide to save a thief on his way to rub than u on ur way to church (mystery isn't it?)
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by billyG(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
this gov.get jazz ooo!even d bishops & pastor who organise this death camp.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by victorazy(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
juman:

You see african backward mentality.

Hiss

The reaction when spiritual thing is been discussed where canal man is grin

As youself why will it be that day? That moment?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by charlesu49(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Why are people so f**ckd up and bitter, he's expected to give a press release after such an incident and to say what the Government has done and is doing about the matter yet I saw a fool mention smthn abt trying to score cheap points, a bigger one asking if his life is more important than those of the dead. Nigerians what do you want? Why are you all so bitter??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quit Notice: Our Governor, Withdraw Ownership Of Igbo Properties - Abdulazeez / Gunmen Burn Down Anambra Police Zonal Headquarters / Man Fumes, Challenges Sowore, Others Over Kanu’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.