Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (35126 Views)

Work Begins On The Collapsed Portion Of Makurdi-lafia-abuja Road (photos) / Governor Udom Leaves After Collapse Of Reigners Bible Church Building. PICS / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by WetinhappenPR: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
TEXT OF A BROADCAST BY GOVERNOR UDOM EMMANUEL COMMISERATING BEREAVED FAMILIES ON THE TRAGIC INCIDENT AT REIGNERS BIBLE CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, UYO.

Fellow Akwa Ibomites, Today we had an unfortunate incident when the roof of Reigners Bible Church Int'l, Uyo collapsed while service was going on.

I was present at the church during the incident and shared in the agony of the moment.

Thereafter, I personally supervised rescue operations and evacuation of the injured to the hospital. I directed all emergency organizations, agencies of government and corporate organizations especially the construction companies to be involved in the exercise. They acted promptly and I commend their sense of patriotism and gallantry.

The State Government will bear the medical cost of all those injured. We note that we have never had such a shocking incident in the history of our dear state. Government will, therefore, set up a high-powered panel of inquiry to ascertain the immediate and remote causes leading to the collapse of the building with a view to forestalling the recurrence of such incident and bring to book persons found to have compromised professional standards in the construction of the building.

We appeal to all citizens to remain calm, pray for the injured and avoid undue speculation as the situation is being given the best possible attention.

On behalf of the Government of Akwa Ibom State, I commiserate with the families of all the victims of the collapsed building. We urge the Christian community to show their support, love and understanding in prayers for the families of the victims and the state.

God bless Akwa Ibom State.

SOURCE: www.Instagram.com/wetinhappen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by CecyAdrian(f): 1:17am On Dec 11, 2016
Such a sad incident. He should thank his creator for saving him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by mykeljosef: 1:33am On Dec 11, 2016
hmmnnn something doesn't seem right

7 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Ratebuster(m): 1:44am On Dec 11, 2016
this guy is too lucky. God give the family of the dead ones the fortitude to bear the lost and to the wounded speedy healing.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Blue3k(m): 1:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Good development they need to find the responsible parties. Then families should sue the for damages. I'm pleasantly surprised the state is taking on cost of medical bills.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by divinelove(m): 3:30am On Dec 11, 2016
How did the Governor escape, some explanation needed. I guess he has left the venue b4 d incident.

Such a black Saturday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by seunlayi(m): 4:23am On Dec 11, 2016
We have heard of only pity those
People owanbe took to the church and to the grave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by nwakibe: 4:50am On Dec 11, 2016
How did the Governor escaped? Some report has it that he came 30 minutes to the church service after the collapse of the building. While some said he was there when the building collapsed but was pushed aside by one of his aides. Which one do we believe?

7 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 11, 2016
No body is even asking of the Owner of the said church,whether He's alive or affected... Pls someone should tell Us more o

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by loveuGOD: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2016
nwakibe:
How did the Governor escaped? Some report has it that he came 30 minutes to the church service after the collapse of the building. While some said he was there when the building collapsed but was pushed aside by one of his aides. Which one do we believe?

Belive d governor himself.
He said i was present at the church during the incident and shared in the agony of the moment.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Wizteaser: 8:16am On Dec 11, 2016
God bless my governor. No evil shall befall you. Not as if I am happy for those affected but it would have been more disastrous had the first citizen of the state been involved. Long live Governor Udom Emmanuel, long live Akwa Ibom State long live the federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by OgundeleT(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2016
was god on live when it happened? or he cant save them again like they claim he use to do then
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by slimfit1(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Satan will take the blame for this look at a whole governor cheering people into an incomplete building can you imagine. If this governor can not maintain a simple law safety that cost nothing then I don't expect him to do anything but pay salaries like the hausa governors that lacks creativity in governance.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by veekid(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2016
The reason for the governor's smiling is what I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by helphelp: 8:43am On Dec 11, 2016
You wan use dis level score cheap points ...
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by NaijaMutant(f): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2016
OK
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by sakalisis(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2016
cry
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by saraki2019(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2016
ok
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by paradigmshift(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2016
enough of this story. are you better than those who died.. gerarahere
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by helphelp: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Lesson to all those that give front seats to the rich and wealthy in church, same goes to those that accept such seats.

When God is ready, he is ready...

Imagine those that life in itself pushed to the back seat, window seat et al

So pe ti e

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Aminat508(f): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2016
cry This is sad

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Hanendez(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2016
We may attribute the cause of this tragedy to sub-par and inferior building materials on the engineering and technical realm but on the spiritual realm, the answer can be found in Luke 13. Read Luke 13 and figure out why this tragedy befell those worshippers.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Atheists will jump on this thread like a swarm of flies at the smell of fresh sh!t

Bad things happen to good people... if God didn't spare his own Son, then we can be certain no one will be spared pain.

One thing we can always say, is that even in sad times he feels our pain and shares our grief. For those that died, it is a sad transition for them to better lives with God and we can be rest assured if he let it happen, he had better plans for them

13 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by saaedlee: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:56am On Dec 11, 2016
His deputy should be questioned

The collapsing is more of spiritual than physical

Please don't quote me nor mention me

3 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Gratefulsoul(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2016
nwakibe:

From the plan of the building you will clearly see that where important dignitaries are seated isn't completed yet and as such it look like that part of the building is yet to be roofed... That's the only explanation to that ..

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by engrjacuzzi: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2016
udom escape because his orderlies paid the price.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by godonzoki(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2016
An aid pushed the Gov off a falling thrust but the aid could not escape the iron thrust so it fell on the aid and he died while the Gov was saved.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by ceejay80s(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Buy this building Is not built with blocks na, how come? I saw the picture and its like a tent
Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by Edywalex: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2016
May the gentle soul of the innocent rest in peace. The owner of the church need to be brought to book and face the law. Because when such incidents happen in Prophet TB Joshua church many people begin to criticize the man of God. I pray such incidents will never happen again.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Reacts To The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo by victorazy(m): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2016
Ratebuster:
this guy is too lucky. God give the family of the dead ones the fortitude to bear the lost and to the wounded speedy healing.

He is not lucky but he has grace of God over him. Not everybody that perishes, not child of God and that why we pray everyday "deliver us from evil" and you will see many waking and going out carelessly everyday withouse saying that word . cry cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Aisha Buhari Saying 2 People Dominate Her Husband's Administration / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan / Fact Check: Viral Drone Video Of Bandits Is From Kenya, Not Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.