Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (57121 Views)

Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by ivandragon: 7:23am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

Mr man I'm not an APC supporter, I've never even voted in my life. But I have the advantage of reading a lot and hence knowledge of how things work in other climes.
The government never Increased electricity prices, the discos did. The government placed a cap on the limit of increment via the NERC, the regulator of Electricity coys in Nigeria.
The government never increased the prices of petroleume products, the government was paying billions to people to import and sell at subsidised rates. That payment was fraught with illegalities and fraud. They simply stopped paying the billions and allowed marketers dictate the price. They only placed a cap on the limit of price increment like in the case of Electricity.
I won't argue the rest because those are purely political issues; the hiring of SANs and budget padding. The only one we both agree on is the data Increase. The idea of raising the price threshold to help smaller competitors, though a valid argument, feels very stupid. Why punish 50 million plus data users in the country because of Spectranet and Smile ISPs?
So you see my friend, I'm not an APC person, I don't even like politics. But I believe in doing things the way they should be done without sentiment. I will advice you to open your mind and read too. Learn how things work elsewhere. Also learn the fact about issues and don't just jump to conclusions.

why didn't the regulatory agency in the power sector stop the tariff increase as happened in the telecom sector & let the DISCOs access the power fund & then monitor it properly?

why didn't the FG fish out those that were committing the irregularities in the oil sector rather than shift the burden to the masses?

can you see you are the one that jumped into supporting actions that could have been handled better when one takes cognisance of the 'no nonsense' attitude of this regime.

as for the issue of reading & all that, I can bet my pretty pennies that not only are you NOT as widely read as I & as attuned to global sociopolitical issues, but you also have little or no background/foundation in the administrative/governance or politics (the science of it i.e) arena, hence your view on certain issues & please, I do not mean that in a bad way, its just what it is.

even in the 'other' countries, a quick research will show that parents in schools start online petitions for various reasons.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 7:32am On Dec 12, 2016
ivandragon:

why didn't the regulatory agency in the power sector stop the tariff increase as happened in the telecom sector & let the DISCOs access the power fund & then monitor it properly?

why didn't the FG fish out those that were committing the irregularities in the oil sector rather than shift the burden to the masses?

can you see you are the one that jumped into supporting actions that could have been handled better when one takes cognisance of the 'no nonsense' attitude of this regime.

as for the issue of reading & all that, I can bet my pretty pennies that not only are you NOT as widely read as I & as attuned to global sociopolitical issues, but you also have little or no background/foundation in the administrative/governance or politics (the science of it i.e) arena, hence your view on certain issues & please, I do not mean that in a bad way, its just what it is.

When the DISCOS are barely making enough money? According to the power road map, tarrifs are supossed to be increased yearly for a certain number of years. But the regulator has even failed to enforce this provision because of the fear of public backlash.
Past regimes under Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan were not able to properly monitor the disbursement of subsidy funds. Buhari wouldn't have fared any better. The best alternative was to stop it entirely, which has been done. No more subsidy fraud. More money to the government from not paying subsidy and greater product availability. This is almost Christmas and there are no queues. You should be thankful.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by ivandragon: 8:22am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

When the DISCOS are barely making enough money? According to the power road map, tarrifs are supossed to be increased yearly for a certain number of years. But the regulator has even failed to enforce this provision because of the fear of public backlash.
Past regimes under Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan were not able to properly monitor the disbursement of subsidy funds. Buhari wouldn't have fared any better. The best alternative was to stop it entirely, which has been done. No more subsidy fraud. More money to the government from not paying subsidy and greater product availability. This is almost Christmas and there are no queues. You should be thankful.

I have just one question for you... when GEJ wanted to stop the subsidy, did you support its removal?

so, are you insinuating that rather than fight corruption in the oil sector, PMB chose to let Nigerians suffer for it?

between 2012 & 2014, I bought fuel at N97 without queues. so why should I be thankful I am buying it at N145?

well, to each, his own...
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by alex81(m): 8:45am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

The ignorant and illiterate resort to name calling, and in your case; stupid and lousy gifs, when they have absolutely nothing else to say. So which one are you? The ignorant, illiterate or both?

So anyone who doesn't agree with yr point is ignorant and illiterate abi Lol grin

take a look around u, nobody s supporting ur argument,cos its obvious! ders smth wrong with d way u think. may b u shld check d way u reason. Or visit d closest hospital for brain check up.

As for me am done, trying to put sense in dat myopic highly unstable indeterminate brain of urs.

oh and pls don't quote me again. have no time for ur drama.

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2016
ivandragon:

I have just one question for you... when GEJ wanted to stop the subsidy, did you support its removal?

so, are you insinuating that rather than fight corruption in the oil sector, PMB chose to let Nigerians suffer for it?

between 2012 & 2014, I bought fuel at N97 without queues. so why should I be thankful I am buying it at N145?

well, to each, his own...
I have no business with Jonathan. Its none of my business that he was too lily livered to do the right thing. You bought fuel at N97 before because the FG paid almost N1 trillion subsidising petrol in 2014 and 2015. Most of that money went into private pockets because the government simply couldn't monitor the disbursement of the subsidy to marketers, its almost impossible to because of the various bottle necks and the bureucracies involved. Marketers were forming queues to collect money from the government using dubious and impossible to calculate costs and some even collecting money for fuel not imported (Bamanga tukur et al). The best thing was to scrap the entire thing. I still maintain that you should be thankful considering where we're coming from.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2016
alex81:

So anyone who doesn't agree with yr point is ignorant and illiterate abi Lol grin

take a look around u, nobody s supporting ur argument,cos its obvious! ders smth wrong with d way u think. may b u shld check d way u reason. Or visit d closest hospital for brain check up.

As for me am done, trying to put sense in dat myopic highly unstable indeterminate brain of urs.

oh and pls don't quote me again. have no time for ur drama.
You didn't indicate if you agreed with my point or not, you just put up a very stupid and classless gif to insult me and I replied in kind. If you have nothing sensible to post, just drop your phone and go do something else with your life. Your comments are clearly a waste on NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Scholes007(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

Oga see its even worse in developed countries. In the US for instance, there's the school board consisting of parents and school administrators, similar to our PTA. If you have any issue with the school or the way your child is treated, you go through the school board. If you're not satisfied, you appeal to the local education board through the school board. Bypassing any of these would lead to serious sanctions.
This is a very simple matter of following procedure in laying complaints. See how the OP and the Mod turned it around to be an issue with Buhari and freedom of speech. Its very shameful. Extremely shameful. 95% of the comments on this thread are calling Buhari a dictator and oppressor of free speech when the topic itself has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I not arguing on the formality of laying official complain but all I said threatening parents with dismissal of their ward because of using the media to air their dissatisfaction is undemocratic. In as much as they don't use rude words, I see nothing wrong with laying a complain on social media. All they can do is to advice parents through the PTA or any relevant authority to desist from such act not threaten
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2016
EdCure:
This is what you get when you appoint thin-skinned, mediocre islamists to head govt offices. Threats and in other cases, appeal to sentiments.
Ur bigotry against Islam is pathetic and astounding.
Does ur hate for Islam even allow u sleep at all night?Ur obsessive hate must really be eating u up so badly, very sowi brother. I understnd ur pains and sorry condition. What a poor mental situation to be saddled with.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Sunnyja: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2016
Next will be those that have children in the universities. We are doomed in this country.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by ivandragon: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

I have no business with Jonathan. Its none of my business that he was too lily livered to do the right thing. You bought fuel at N97 before because the FG paid almost N1 trillion subsidising petrol in 2014 and 2015. Most of that money went into private pockets because the government simply couldn't monitor the disbursement of the subsidy to marketers, its almost impossible to because of the various bottle necks and the bureucracies involved. Marketers were forming queues to collect money from the government using dubious and impossible to calculate costs and some even collecting money for fuel not imported (Bamanga tukur et al). The best thing was to scrap the entire thing. I still maintain that you should be thankful considering where we're coming from.

well, you refuse to acknowledge GEJ & yet you want me to be thankful from where we are coming from?

GEJ lily livered? as against PMB who doesn't know what it means to govern?

well, I leave matters as it is... this time next year, God spare our lives, we would have this discussion again & see.

meanwhile, do you know that the FG is suffocating the economy? do you know that the CBN has, for reasons best known to it, not released money into circulation for about a week+? you might not notice it, but soon, you will feel the 'crush'...
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Khez: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Our freedom of speech don waka pass cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A V C CHAINS........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa / 25 Photographs That Can Scare You Out Of Your Mind / School Children Die On Their Way Back From Excursion. (graphic Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.