Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG (57111 Views)

Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by breakeven: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
Now we Know that Nigeria UNDER GEJ was heaven on Earth. Now Nigeria under PMB is Hell on earth. Change indeed. WHAT A directive.
sorry oo Nigerians You brought this Upon yourselves. Our problem is disobedience to the word of God. THE GOOD BOOK WARNED US AGAINST THOSE WHO PROMISE CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by arabianights: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
No. This is a violation of civil rights as well as constitution. Where is freedom of expression?

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Tino86(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
After all this whining and complains about the government. The same people Will still vote in the dead walking corpse among the living that calls himself Nigerian President. Edo and Ondo state are case studies respectively. Thinking a loud though.

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by DazzlinPearl(f): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Sorry.. Who is FG please

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by piagetskinner(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
Better days are coming....
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by IBpaul(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
Who this govt EPP.........

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by ka0s: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Why don't they just shoot the parents , that would have been a better punishment.

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by humbleself242(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
Private School dey up Doctorate Degree,e no go better for all of una
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by alex81(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
SBG04:
The OP who started this thread and Lalasticlala should be ashamed of themselves. The letter clearly stated that parents of children in Federal Unity Schools were in the habit of posting headings in newspapers and online in the name of the PTA of the schools and purporting to be speaking for the parents or students.This circular is aimed at such parents. 1 The only body authorised to speak for parents of students in Federal Unity Schools is the PTA. That's simply what the circular said!
The way the OP twisted the headline to infer that 2 any parent that criticises the FG will have his children withdrawn from Federal unity colleges is very shameful to say the least. 3 I didn't even see FG in the entire circular.

4 I'll enjoin Nigerians to read carefully first before posting comments online and criticising to avoid ignorant criticism.

Lalasticlala should be ashamed of himself for finding this worthy of front-page

1. So if my child's school is doing bad I should not say anything online so dat people and the world will not know what's happening abi it should only b discussed by d PTA? Suffering n smiling!

what if the school is doing good, will dey say same

what happened to the freedom of speech bill?

2. Excuse me, we are in democracy not military regime. have u heard of fundamental human right? why will a Democratic govt be issuing threats to its citizens for saying things as dey were. if d govt is doing well nobody will 'criticise'( BTW , dz are not criticisms but saying things as dey were) her.

3. funny, so the federal ministry of education is now a private ministry. lol

4. finally I'll advice u to take ur own advice!!!
read carefully before posting any comment.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Henon: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
APC is worse than acute malaria and typhoid fever. There no is immediate cure for it.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Nickymezor(f): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
nwadiuko1:
the way APC will be humiliated in 2019.....PDP's downfall would be a small thing
Hahaha
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by bart10: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
This Government is dictatorial. Military regime is better than this Government. These guys are so engrossed in their act not to observed they've lost the people they are leading.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
alex81:

1. So if my child's school is doing bad I should not say anything online so dat people and the world will not know what's happening abi it should only b discussed by d PTA? Suffering n smiling!

what if the school is doing good, will dey say same

what happened to the freedom of speech bill?

2. Excuse me, we are in democracy not military regime. have u heard of fundamental human write? why will a Democratic govt be issuing threats to its citizens for saying things as dey were. if d govt is doing well nobody will 'criticise'( BTW , dz are not criticisms but saying things as dey were) her.

3. funny, so the federal ministry of education is now a private ministry. lol

4. finally I'll advice u to take ur own advice!!!
read carefully before posting any comment.
Oga pls stop being ignorant. It's disgusting. The circular said people were going online, and sometimes in the printed press too under the guise of "concerned parents" to speak on behalf of parents of students in Federal Unity schools when the only parent association is the PTA. There is no parent association like "Concerned parents". And please stop making this a Buhari issue, that's just crass stupidity. This is simply an issue of people illegally duplicating the functions of the PTA

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by BerryAnny(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
In dizz Buhari govt, 'Freedom of speech dey I no qo dull yhu buh freedom after speech I can't assure yhu and no be yhu only I can't assure yhur wards self'... Totalitarianism system of Govt!!! Military in Agbada!!
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by BerryAnny(m): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
In dizz Buhari govt, 'Freedom of speech dey I no qo dull yhu buh freedom after speech I can't assure yhu and no be yhu only I can't assure yhur wards self'... Totalitarianism system of Govt!!! Military in Agbada!! Well make I no talk,make dem no remove mah kid frm skool laye recession...
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Omolabasky: 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
Could this be true?
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by alex81(m): 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
SBG04:

Oga pls stop being ignorant. It's disgusting. The circular said people were going online, and sometimes in the printed press too under the guise of "concerned parents" to speak on behalf of parents of students in Federal Unity schools when the only parent association is the PTA. There is no parent association like "Concerned parents". And please stop making this a Buhari issue, that's just crass stupidity. This is simply an issue of people illegally duplicating the functions of the PTA

oh, lawd dash ds guy sense.

oya receive sense !

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
... We are gradually returning to the military junta era.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
alex81:

oh, lawd dash ds guy sense.

oya receive sense !
The ignorant and illiterate resort to name calling, and in your case; stupid and lousy gifs, when they have absolutely nothing else to say. So which one are you? The ignorant, illiterate or both?
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by LoveDecay(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
How did you graduate from school with this kind of brain you have

You wey get sense graduate from cambridge .

Nah office of human resources dey deal with public relations. Do you know what human resources mean ?

Some thinking with your feelings ? tongue
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by daveP(m): 12:10am On Dec 12, 2016
The quality of the paper alone makes it obvious that FG doesn't want to improve quality, but quantity

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by maxti: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2016
No cause for Alarm. If you have anything to say. Let me know. i dont have or intend to have children in unity schools under this Government
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by obakore20(m): 1:29am On Dec 12, 2016
TippyTop:
Federal ministry of education has warned parents not to tarnish the image of Unity schools on social media or risk their ward being withdrawn.
This directive was issued in October but only being made public now.

http://ynaija.com/fg-threatens-to-withdraw-children-of-parents-who-tarnish-image-of-unity-schools-on-social-media/

This is the most stupid government that has ever existed and that is currently existing. Where is it done in the world that a democratic elected government
threaten its own people? Buhari led government is a total disappointment and if they think they can continue ruling Nigeria by rigging elections. They are mistaken

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Scholes007(m): 5:13am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

See my friend this is a clear case of intimidation. Yes PTA is the only group allowed to lay complaint officially but this is democracy were other parents can air their view especially if there is biases on the part of PTA. Forcing people not to speak up is totally unacceptable especially from the govt. They can advice parents not to use the social media not threaten them.

1 Like

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by GoodSamaritan: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2016
Hmmmm

Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2016
Scholes007:
See my friend this is a clear case of intimidation. Yes PTA is the only group allowed to lay complaint officially but this is democracy were other parents can air their view especially if there is biases on the part of PTA. Forcing people not to speak up is totally unacceptable especially from the govt. They can advice parents not to use the social media not threaten them.
Oga see its even worse in developed countries. In the US for instance, there's the school board consisting of parents and school administrators, similar to our PTA. If you have any issue with the school or the way your child is treated, you go through the school board. If you're not satisfied, you appeal to the local education board through the school board. Bypassing any of these would lead to serious sanctions.
This is a very simple matter of following procedure in laying complaints. See how the OP and the Mod turned it around to be an issue with Buhari and freedom of speech. Its very shameful. Extremely shameful. 95% of the comments on this thread are calling Buhari a dictator and oppressor of free speech when the topic itself has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by ivandragon: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2016
Scholes007:

you should have realised by now that some people are hardwired to support this regime no matter how bad its policies are.

if they can;

justify increased electricity tariff,

increase in petroleum products,

increase in data,

excuse a president submitting an empty budget

defend a man who chooses to hire 13 SANs than simply show his certificate,

deflect the accusation of budget padding,

justify archaic policies,

rationalise illegal arrests & detention despite court orders to the contrary,

justify corruption when its done by their man...

you should know that person can not see anything wrong in a regime that abhors criticism despite the fact that they were the ultimate criticizers while in the opposition...
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by Billygee2u: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2016
Godemcee:
if this is true it's very bad of this government,this is democracy so I don't understand why this government is trying to make the masses voiceless.

honestly we need to sack both pdp nd apc out of government,they are both useless
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 6:57am On Dec 12, 2016
ivandragon:

you should have realised by now that some people are hardwired to support this regime no matter how bad its policies are.

if they can;

justify increased electricity tariff,

increase in petroleum products,

increase in data,

excuse a president submitting an empty budget

defend a man who chooses to hire 13 SANs than simply show his certificate,

deflect the accusation of budget padding,

justify archaic policies,

rationalise illegal arrests & detention despite court orders to the contrary,

justify corruption when its done by their man...

you should know that person can not see anything wrong in a regime that abhors criticism despite the fact that they were the ultimate criticizers while in the opposition...
Mr man I'm not an APC supporter, I've never even voted in my life. But I have the advantage of reading a lot and hence knowledge of how things work in other climes.
The government never Increased electricity prices, the discos did. The government placed a cap on the limit of increment via the NERC, the regulator of Electricity coys in Nigeria.
The government never increased the prices of petroleume products, the government was paying billions to people to import and sell at subsidised rates. That payment was fraught with illegalities and fraud. They simply stopped paying the billions and allowed marketers dictate the price. They only placed a cap on the limit of price increment like in the case of Electricity.
I won't argue the rest because those are purely political issues; the hiring of SANs and budget padding. The only one we both agree on is the data Increase. The idea of raising the price threshold to help smaller competitors, though a valid argument, feels very stupid. Why punish 50 million plus data users in the country because of Spectranet and Smile ISPs?
So you see my friend, I'm not an APC person, I don't even like politics. But I believe in doing things the way they should be done without sentiment. I will advice you to open your mind and read too. Learn how things work elsewhere. Also learn the fact about issues and don't just jump to conclusions.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by OBAGADAFFI: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

Oga see its even worse in developed countries. In the US for instance, there's the school board consisting of parents and school administrators, similar to our PTA. If you have any issue with the school or the way your child is treated, you go through the school board. If you're not satisfied, you appeal to the local education board through the school board. Bypassing any of these would lead to serious sanctions.
This is a very simple matter of following procedure in laying complaints. See how the OP and the Mod turned it around to be an issue with Buhari and freedom of speech. Its very shameful. Extremely shameful. 95% of the comments on this thread are calling Buhari a dictator and oppressor of free speech when the topic itself has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And where is the Nigerian law that says people(parents and others) can't complain about the activities in government schools.

That circular will be thrown away by any court in Nigeria.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by SBG04: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

And where is the Nigerian law that says people(parents and others) can't complain about the activities in government schools.

That circular will be thrown away by any court in Nigeria.
You're very wrong. Every parent automatically belongs to the PTA. The PTA and school board are suposed to meet regularly and liase on issues. If a parent ignores these conflict resolution avenues and resorts to going online in the name of "concerned parents" or any other rubbish pseudonym, to complain about issues the parent would ordinarily have raised very easily at the PTA and expanded school board level, which court will listen to such parents? That's the way it works world over.
Re: We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG by OBAGADAFFI: 7:21am On Dec 12, 2016
SBG04:

You're very wrong. Every parent automatically belongs to the PTA. The PTA and school board are suposed to meet regularly and liase on issues. If a parent ignores these conflict resolution avenues and resorts to going online in the name of "concerned parents" or any other rubbish pseudonym, to complain about issues the parent would ordinarily have raised very easily at the PTA and expanded school board level, which court will listen to such parents? That's the way it works world over.

That's not the way it works in all over the world.

In US and UK, parents and students go to media houses and complain about the state of their school,

Why didn't Oyedepo expel student that criticize Covenant university online.

Parents, students and other stakeholders are not bound by any law against critiquing the schools on any medium.

This circular will be withdrawn when new gets to the President

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

25 Photographs That Can Scare You Out Of Your Mind / School Children Die On Their Way Back From Excursion. (graphic Photos). / List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.