Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,090 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan (903 Views)

Breaking- PDP Now Majority In The Senate. / PDP Now In The Hands Of Looters – Ali Modu Sheriff's Spokesman / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by agabusta: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
Take charge of PDP now, lawmaker tells Jonathan

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos state, Victor Akande, has urged former President Goodluck Jonathan to take leadership position in the party to stem crisis rocking the party.

Mr. Akande, who is also a lawmaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos on Sunday.

Mr. Akande, also legal practitioner, said, “It is a pity my party, PDP has not got its house together and it has not really harmonised all problems in order to forge ahead.
“Things have fallen apart, the centre cannot hold.

“There is only one solution to our problems and the solution is that, former president Goodluck Jonathan should come out of his cocoon and put the party aright.
“If Jonathan has come forth to lead the party in the right perspective, and take over the mantle of leadership, our story would have been different by now,’’ he said.

According to him, by the virtue of PDP constitution, the former president is supposed to be the Chairman, PDP Board of Trustees which is the highest decision-making body of the party.

Mr. Akande, who is also the Chairman, Lagos House Committee of Central Business District, said that every member was clamouring for power in the party because there was no one to lead the party.

“Anywhere there is no leadership, anarchy and struggle for leadership, as it is bedevilling the party, will be the situation.

“I challenge President Jonathan to come forward and give the direction. Everybody will fall in line.

“Having risen to the peak on the platform of the party, he has the responsibility to nurture the party and prevent it from dying.

“There are some cabals who are hell bent on killing the party, only Jonathan can make the party survive.

“If we don’t want people to decamp again from the party, there must be somebody to give a sense of direction. A commander cannot sit back and be commanding.
“Someone who has benefitted from the party cannot allow that party to die. He must come forward, I am challenging him.”

Akande, who said that the crises in the party were not unexpected, however, said that ‘’PDP is learning through the rope.”

He said that the poor performances of the party in recent elections after defeat in 2015 general election were by-products of lack of leadership.

The lawmaker, however, expressed optimism that the party would come out strong from its present predicaments.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/217666-take-charge-pdp-now-lawmaker-tells-jonathan.html
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by edunwosu(m): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
I don't think he needs to do it. Those that brought Ali should finish what they started.
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by Glaxx(m): 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
CHECK MY SIGNATURE AND SMILE TO THE BANK
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by agabusta: 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
I sincerely don't understand why GEJ is reluctant in stepping in and resolving PDP issues.

All the actors respect him and I'm sure they will listen to him.

PDP is having these challenges basically because of the absence of a true leader that they can all differ to. He should step in and drop this "I don't care attitude." It was also this attitude that set the stage for his eventual loss of the Presidency before he could realize it.
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by mamabomboy: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
The only Afonja with a brain. GEJ is the only future, way and light for the PDP. Where is the so called Barcanista that was working for dokpesi's useless campaign. With them in charge, it has been failure non stop. GEJ 2019 begins, right thinking nigerians should sign up now

4 Likes

Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by Osgilliat(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hahaha. Only a fool can take charge of a sinking ship. When there are other parties out there he can easily dominate.
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by kahal29: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
edunwosu:
I don't think he needs to do it. Those that brought Ali should finish what they started.

Hahaha
Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by Aufbauh(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
mamabomboy:
The only Afonja with a brain. GEJ is the only future, way and light for the PDP. Where is the so called Barcanista that was working for dokpesi's useless campaign. With them in charge, it has been failure non stop. GEJ 2019 begins, right thinking nigerians should sign up now

GEJ is in the past,a forgettable and regrettable history for that matter.
The earlier you guys get over the fantasy and fallacy of his "heroism" the better.

If a man cannot win an election either way possible when he was a sitting president,i don't think he has any chance pulling a surprise comeback as an opposition candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by agabusta: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
mamabomboy:

An invitation for GEJ to take charge and chart a course for the party is not to say he should come and contest.

You want to push him into making another flop.

It is not only by contesting that one can be a leader. He is better off as an elder statesman making things happen behind the scene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Charge Of PDP Now, Lawmaker Tells Jonathan by agabusta: 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Aufbauh:

GEJ is in the past,a forgettable and regrettable history for that matter.
The earlier you guys get over the fantasy and fallacy of his "heroism" the better.

If a man cannot win an election either way possible when he was a sitting president,i don't think he has any chance pulling a surprise comeback as an opposition candidate.

Apt!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Declares Sambisa Forest Capture From Boko Haram / Why I Didn’t Challenge Akeredolu’s Victory – Jegede / Person Of The Year Award Goes To......PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.