Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest (1396 Views)

Nigerian American Girls Make Better Wives Than Nigerian Born Girls- Twitter User / "Nigerian-americans Make Better Wives Than Nigerian Born Girls"- Twitter User / My Opinion: "Trendy" Ladies Make Better Wives Than "Churchy" Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by morereb10: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2016
It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Catholic Priest

This is quite unusual for Catholic priest to say and he is insisting on his nation. In fact, Ngbe insisted that the Catholic doctrine most be amended, especially in the African Catholic Churches in order to accommodate every member of the Church.

“The Whiteman that brought Christianity to us mixed the religion with his culture and Africans just accepted it like that at the expense of our culture. "If we did not incorporate parts of our culture into the way we worship God, our culture would in no distant time go into extinction,” he said.

Ngbe explained that local foods should henceforth be used for communion in the Catholic Church instead of using products imported from Europe. The priest also said meaningful local names should be given to people during Baptism and Confirmation in Catholic Churches as against using “English names.”

Ngbe urged members to imbibe the habit of wearing local dresses during weddings as well as using local languages for Mass. He said that anybody who practiced monogamy before accepting Christ should be given equal treatment in the Church with those that have only one wife. “It is better to have many wives at home than to have only one and yet have many girl friends and lovers outside,” the priest said.

Ngbe therefore commended the Yoruba people for incorporating their culture in the way they practiced both Christianity and Islam and urged others to emulate them.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/its-better-to-have-many-wives-than-to.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy missyb3

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by morereb10: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2016
trust Catholic, they will soon disavow that priest

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by feodan: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2016
Catholic Church is a shrine
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Larablink(f): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2016
Can you imagine, Instead of preaching against fornication and adultery. he encouraging his followers. Many Christians will be lead to hell because of our so called pastors and church doctrine.

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by WebSurfer(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2016
He said the truth but I'm sure his brothers will soon disown him.

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Airforce1(m): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2016
One wife one trouble

2 wives two trouble.

better to have one wife and 2 girl friends outside.
but make sure your wife doesn't get to know about the 2 girl friends you seeing outside.

You cant be eating one food forever.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by brightalo17: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2016
I reason with him on this ,Is about time .
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Fourwinds: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2016
WebSurfer:
He said the truth but I'm sure his brothers will soon disown him.
go and read d Bible ...Jesus Christ never advocate a man and many wives....na e no where e read he own from

if u can not stay with one woman sexually ...it mean d person is not discipline
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by morereb10: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2016
Larablink:
Can you imagine, Instead of preaching against fornication and adultery. he encouraging his followers. Many Christians will be lead to hell because of our so called pastors and church doctrine.

but he is preaching against fornication now

when you have more than one wife, is not fornication now, haba

what are u saying? is it better to have one wife and then go ahead to have as many girl friend and fornicate yourself to death?

me i admire the Priest courage honestly
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Tallesty1(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2016
Airforce1:
One wife one trouble

2 wives two trouble.

but make sure your wife doesn't get to know about the 2 girl friends you seeing outside.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by B4UIWAZ(f): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2016
Airforce1:
One wife one trouble

2 wives two trouble.

I'm disappointed n you airforce

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by tosyne2much(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2016
All my life, I have never seen man of God that could be so blunt and logical.. There's a difference between being unexposed and religious

When you're completely ignorant and unexposed, almost everything people do becomes a sin to you

I can read the comments above that the priest is only advocating fornication and this gets me wondering the kinds of graduates our institutions churning out

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Larablink(f): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2016
morereb10:

but he is preaching against fornication now

when you have more than one wife, is not fornication now, haba

what are u saying? is it better to have one wife and then go ahead to have as many girl friend and fornicate yourself to death?

me i admire the Priest courage honestly

He should be preaching about husband been faithful and staying by their wife not even encouraging second wife or girlfriends. You know the bible speak against marrying a second wife. If a man marries another wife while his first wife is still alive she is a concubine and God don't support second wife in anyway.
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by ThinkSmarter: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2016
I guess God z not going to send u to hell for marrying more than one wife and taking good care of them, most men after God's heart in d Bible like Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon re actually polygamous and God never condemned them, He only condemned David for committing adultery with Uriah's wife, God ordered Abraham to circumcise Ishmael and He also swore to Bless d descendants of Ishmael Bc he z still Abraham's son.
The issue of one wife was given to only deacons and church leaders in d New Testament by Apostle Paul, and because there was no separation of church and state in d medieval period, it was like a culture for the West.
The west also embraced monogamy as a result of economic hardships not necessarily Bc of religion.
Even d issue of monogamy z causing some serious hardship among single ladies of marriage age, but with no suitor due to less number of the male population, especially in South.
My advice z this, if u know u hv d resources to take care of more than one wife, u can go ahead but make sure you don't treat one unfairly, for it z better to marry more than one wife that to be sleeping around with single and married women while u re married.
#my humble opinion

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Jaynom(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
Better to have multiple FRIENDS with BENEFITS kiss
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by firstking01(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2016
tosyne2much:
All my life, I have never seen man of God that could be so blunt and logical.. There's a difference between being unexposed and religious

When you're completely ignorant and unexposed, almost everything people do becomes a sin to you

I can read the comments above that the priest is only advocating fornication and this gets me wondering the kinds of graduates our institutions churning out
Egbon, na you talk this king thinggrin
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by tosyne2much(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2016
firstking01:
Egbon, na you talk this king thinggrin
Hope I talk am well Baba? cool
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by julioralph(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
what a silly and misleading thread!!! The so called priest ngbe, he nor get 1st name? He no get parish Na which state d 'priest' dey? He fall down from sky ni? And where exactly did he make those comments? Is this how to write a news report? People can be so emotional without checking d facts. As for you op, If u want to make money from blogging, do so without telling lies/embellishing ur stories. Smh for you exlinklodge blog.
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by torres89: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
this guy isn't any catholic priest

liez

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by purple3091: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
I guess God z not going to send u to hell for marrying more than one wife and taking good care of them, most men after God's heart in d Bible like Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon re actually polygamous and God never condemned them, He only condemned David for committing adultery with Uriah's wife, God ordered Abraham to circumcise Ishmael and He also swore to Bless d descendants of Ishmael Bc he z still Abraham's son.
The issue of one wife was given to only deacons and church leaders in d New Testament by Apostle Paul, and because there was no separation of church and state in d medieval period, it was like a culture for the West.
The west also embraced monogamy as a result of economic hardships not necessarily Bc of religion.
Even d issue of monogamy z causing some serious hardship among single ladies of marriage age, but with no suitor due to less number of the male population, especially in South.
My advice z this, if u know u hv d resources to take care of more than one wife, u can go ahead but make sure you don't treat one unfairly, for it z better to marry more than one wife that to be sleeping around with single and married women while u re married.
#my humble opinion

undecided post your link(s) that show that are more men in nigeria because all facts point to the opposite :
Nigeria Population clock

12-12-2016 14:12:20
189 189 692
Current population
95 801 422
Current male population (50.6%)
93 388 269
Current female population (49.4%)
6 883 704
Births this year
11 756
Births today
2 269 522
Deaths this year
3 876
Deaths today
-59 769
Net migration this year
Net migration today
4 554 413
Population growth this year
7 778

from here :http://countrymeters.info/en/Nigeria and many links show same

4 Likes

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by firstking01(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hope I talk am well Baba? cool
You talk wellgrin
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Splinz(m): 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
If this so-called of a priest is well checked, he may have already fathered like five children.

These guys been deceiving their gullible followers. I knew of one that Bleep like kilode... Chai!
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by ThinkSmarter: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
purple3091:
undecided post your link(s) that show that are more men in nigeria because all facts point to the opposite :
Nigeria Population clock

12-12-2016 14:12:20
189 189 692
Current population
95 801 422
Current male population (50.6%)
93 388 269
Current female population (49.4%)
6 883 704
Births this year
11 756
Births today
2 269 522
Deaths this year
3 876
Deaths today
-59 769
Net migration this year
Net migration today
4 554 413
Population growth this year
7 778

from here :http://countrymeters.info/en/Nigeria and many links show same
my information z speculative, but mind u that Nigeria doesn't hv centralized database of all births and deaths, go to our primary and secondary schools across d country, take that as a case study, analyze the ratio of males to females, even by physical survey, u will find out that the females are higher in numbers than the males.
In most cases among animals and humans, the female population z always higher than the male population, and female Species of every animal tends to gv birth to more females than males in most cases. itz a Natural determinant Bc a single male can fertilize many female while vice versa will lead to a declining population.
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by purple3091: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
my information z speculative, but mind u that Nigeria doesn't hv centralized database of all births and deaths, go to our primary and secondary schools across d country, take that as a case study, analyze the ratio of males to females, even by physical survey, u will find out that the females are higher in numbers than the males.
In most cases among animals and humans, the female population z always higher than the male population, and female Species of every animal tends to gv birth to more females than males in most cases.
wrong again(about more females being born,it's more males born although some consider the difference negligible),i asked for your link(s),i gave mine.in every place,more males are born, their's even a scietific phenomenon about it.and your statements are the ones speculative,mine are facts backed with proof which i gave you,yet you failed to give your proof. and about the case study part..that wont work because everyone has different experience(s),and that is why census(census is the procedure of systematically acquiring and recording information about the members of a given population. ) was created,and since you are into 'physical survey',do you also use physical survey to find out how many people are in a country,town,how many ratio of ethnicities,race(s) etc,or is this where you expect to use census? undecided records are made for a reason,mister!!! here is another link about birth ratio: "Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. The sex ratio at birth worldwide is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls, although this value is subject to debate in the scientific community. The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

2 Likes

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by ThinkSmarter: 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
purple3091:
wrong again(about more females being born,it's more males born although some consider the difference negligible),i asked for your link(s),i gave mine.in every place,more males are born, their's even a scietific phenomenon about it.and your statements are the ones speculative,mine are facts backed with proof which i gave you,yet you failed to give your proof. and about the case study part..that wont work because everyone has different experience(s),and that is why census(census is the procedure of systematically acquiring and recording information about the members of a given population. ) was created,and since you are into 'physical survey',do you also use physical survey to find out how many people are in a country,town,how many ratio of ethnicities,race(s) etc,or is this where you expect to use census? undecided records are made for a reason,mister!!! here is another link about birth ratio: "Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. The sex ratio at birth worldwide is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls, although this value is subject to debate in the scientific community. The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio
I understand better now with ur facts, that's why I said that my info was speculative in d 1st place, but in this context, remember gender imbalance z a strong factor
see link>>>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio#Gender_imbalance
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by purple3091: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
I understand better now with ur facts, that's why I said that my info was speculative in d 1st place, but in this context, remember gender imbalance z a strong factor
see link>>>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio#Gender_imbalance
okay,so which context are you talking about?
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Laveda(f): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
Get his head checked, he's not okay.

undecided
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by ThinkSmarter: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
purple3091:
okay,so which context are you talking about?
As in I am subscribing to the idea of the priest about being polygamous than being monogamous and adulterous as it will even play a role in helping to accommodate single ladies looking for marriage, as our society is suffering from gender imbalance due to crime, insurgency, militancy, many potential husbands hv died as a result of cultism, armed robbery, military service, with high number of them in prison custody.
#Just concerned about so many young ladies out there looking for husbands.
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by purple3091: 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
As in I am subscribing to the idea of the priest about being polygamous than being monogamous and adulterous as it will even play a role in helping to accommodate single ladies looking for marriage, as our society is suffering from gender imbalance due to crime, insurgency, militancy, many potential husbands hv died as a result of cultism, armed robbery, military service, with high number of them in prison custody.
#Just concerned about so many young ladies out there looking for husbands.
my intention when i first quoted you was to correct the wrong fact about the gender ratio,that's all.

1 Like

Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by morereb10: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Larablink:

He should be preaching about husband been faithful and staying by their wife not even encouraging second wife or girlfriends. You know the bible speak against marrying a second wife. If a man marries another wife while his first wife is still alive she is a concubine and God don't support second wife in anyway.

you need to read the bible well

you are just reading one verse and making assumptions based on that.
Re: It’s Better To Have Many Wives Than To Have One & Many Girl Friends - Priest by Larablink(f): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
morereb10:

you need to read the bible well

you are just reading one verse and making assumptions based on that.
oh really please educate me undecided. I am ready to learn.

(1) (Reply)

‘How do I confess to my childhood friend that I have been sleeping with her fian / Who Is At Fault? Real Life Dilemma / Most Women Are Moved By What They Hear - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.