Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? (13933 Views)

Man Shows How Old Bad Tires Are Made New / Throwback Cars That Nigerian Politicians Drove In The 90’s / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
16 and I wasn't taught.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by bustamode: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
lets see, 16 years old, ss3 fresh out of high school,my guy had a regular Benz and I had a Nissan(mumsie own)lol,...was the in thing then you either ride or die...or should o say drive or be driven insane when your other guys bring their car to visit you and give you sleepness night.... but they where good days and I plan to continue that legacy,my niece is 10 now ,by the time she is 16,she is hitting the wheels.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by elantraceey(f): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
16 my mum was learning and I was in the car, she was too scared to drive to the main road and I just begged her to allow me try, I drove the car into the road after making several turns, you needed to hear her screaming but that gave her courage to start driving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by KiNiBiGd: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tiny23:
My papa no get car

Me too!

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Adeyeancah(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Was 2year old and it was plastic red car then...volvo. Op, you weren't specific enough. you for talk say real car,na toy car me drove then grin

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by emaskocoded(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
14yrz nd drove volks wagon jetta
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Adeyeancah(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
elantraceey:
16 my mum was learning and I was in the car, she was too scared to drive to the main road and I just begged her to allow me try, I drove the car into the road after making several turns, you needed to hear her screaming but that gave her courage to start driving.
you were such a brave teenager! cheesy
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by elantraceey(f): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Adeyeancah:
you were such a brave teenager! cheesy

Lol, you can say that again grin
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by elantraceey(f): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Adeyeancah:
Was 2year old and it was plastic red car then...volvo. Op, you weren't specific enough. you for talk say real car,na toy car me drove then grin

grin grin Lmao, if that's the case I think I drove mine around 6-7 those ones we do make with borris or slippers and tin tomatoes can grin
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Nnwannsukka(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
The picture of that moment still remain crystal clear. It was a sunny afternoon in Port Harcourt City, I was watching Double Impact by Van Damme with my elder brother in the living room. Immediately after the scene the 2 Benz Regular cars were dropped into the water to distract the cops, my brother went into my Dad's room and got his car keys from its hiding place.

Before I could say Jack Robinson, I heard the unique engine sound you could only get from a 1983 Benz 230E W123. Then he started to test the skills we had learnt from watching our mum drive. Told him to stop but he didn't listen. I couldn't beat him so I had to join him.. Haha. O'Boy, see driving. Thanks to our large compound that left no obstruction in the way.

A 13 year old me and my 15 year old elder brother feeling on top of the world. We had unlimited fun mixed with fear. My Dad knew eventually, being a sharp guy but he let it slide being a gentleman. That was my first and last attempt until clocked 17.

I thought it was a crazy thing to do until I saw some badt guys in my secondary school.. "Federal Govenrment College Port Harcourt". I was in SS1 when I saw a JS1 boy drive himself to school on his first day. His elder brothers were in the car though.

I know we have some record breakers in the house. Tell us about your first driving experience, the age and the car you drove in the comment section..

https://autojosh.com/first-driving-experience/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

That same ride you posted... was the very one I started with... I was 14...
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by missjahiniekpe(f): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
2014, oya count, you will see that I just started ..
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Adeyeancah(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
elantraceey:

grin grin Lmao, if that's the case I think I drove mine around 6-7 those ones we do make with borris or slippers and tin tomatoes can grin
hahaha! No be that kind one me drive oh, mine na the one wey you go enter siddon with clutch, brake ,steering, open roof but no dey use fuel grin
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Barney11: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
22years,babyboy,now venza(hubby bought for me). but still hoarding my baby boy, I love that babe.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
13years old and was in JSS3 then....nobody taught me,was observing my old man whenever we drive out
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by anigbajumo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
17yrs,no thanks to my mum for the delay.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by 0gbeni(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
17..learnt with my mum's mazda e2000 bus
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by phensbassey: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
I was nineteen.. it was a Honda accord.I still remember the shock and disbelief on the faces of people
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
2yrs
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by LastSurvivor11: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Can't believe I now have a car of my own..
Yours will come soon..
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Phi001(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Me that can't even drive car in common game... Is now real life I wee be driving...

Who am I deceiving?

I already know I wee have driver...

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by crown08(m): 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by ichommy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
iamkingzlee:
16 years

U try o. How ya side?
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by ogtavia(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
barely 15 (that's around 2005)..was in ss2....a 1990 nissan sunny hatchback

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Ojugunrege(f): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
31..my first car

my mum took me to her school compound when i was 15 to teach me...but I was obviously afraid...that was the 1st & last time she tried :'

learnt again @ 30..driving school

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by ogtavia(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
VickyRotex:
lati inu oyun ni cool
lati inu oyun ko..amutorun wa ni...someone should help me with that Beyonce mama the mama meme photo..
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
I was 15 years old when I first drove. It was this beautiful blue Mercedes-Benz W124 (V-Boot) my dad had bought, and he only drove it on Sundays. Talk about waste of a powerful machine! angry

I had just finished Secondary School, and while I was waiting to resume at the University, I had A LOT of time on my hands.

I was the only one at home, most of the time. My dad wasn't in Lagos, so I "had" the car to myself ALL week. grin

I started by moving it in the compound, till I finally had the guts to take it out. That car was pretty intimidating, cos back then I was pretty small in size. Very huge exterior, wide behind, even the steering wheel was big, yet all the features were easy to manipulate.

From that moment till now, I've never "bashed", neither have I been "bashed".
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by davbravo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
started drinking at15years
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Raphafire101: 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
I'm 40 years old and I still haven't touched a steering before...chai!!!!!
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
xule20:
13years old and was in JSS3 then....nobody taught me,was observing my old man whenever we drive out

That was the same thing I did. My dad was hardly in the country because of work. And even when he was, he didn't have the patience to teach.

His wife, on the other hand ehn! Fear no let am teach me. Kai! My mum can fear for Africa!

So I learnt by observation.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by ceedees05(m): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
I was just 18yrs old, I just finished my secondary then, that was the year 1999 in ibadan, I almost killed a teenage girl that day.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Octaves(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
don't remember, maybe 16, but by 20/21, I was an old hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bmw Engines / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / Where Can I Get A 2009 Honda City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.