Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? (13930 Views)

Man Shows How Old Bad Tires Are Made New / Throwback Cars That Nigerian Politicians Drove In The 90’s / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Gemini21: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
The picture of that moment still remain crystal clear. It was a sunny afternoon in Port Harcourt City, I was watching Double Impact by Van Damme with my elder brother in the living room. Immediately after the scene the 2 Benz Regular cars were dropped into the water to distract the cops, my brother went into my Dad's room and got his car keys from its hiding place.

Before I could say Jack Robinson, I heard the unique engine sound you could only get from a 1983 Benz 230E W123. Then he started to test the skills we had learnt from watching our mum drive. Told him to stop but he didn't listen. I couldn't beat him so I had to join him.. Haha. O'Boy, see driving. Thanks to our large compound that left no obstruction in the way.

A 13 year old me and my 15 year old elder brother feeling on top of the world. We had unlimited fun mixed with fear. My Dad knew eventually, being a sharp guy but he let it slide being a gentleman. That was my first and last attempt until clocked 17.

I thought it was a crazy thing to do until I saw some badt guys in my secondary school.. "Federal Govenrment College Port Harcourt". I was in SS1 when I saw a JS1 boy drive himself to school on his first day. His elder brothers were in the car though.

I know we have some record breakers in the house. Tell us about your first driving experience, the age and the car you drove in the comment section..

https://autojosh.com/first-driving-experience/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Alumni
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Rose01y: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2016
23 grin
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by formular123triol(m): 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
i started driving at the age of 7.it was a 1974 datsun car with a 6-cylinder engine.My dad was preparing for a tour,and started the engine while it runs.
Meanwhile,when he was in the bathroom,i jumped into the car,to test my "PS i love you" style;a soap of the early '90s.
I eventully packed the car almost perfectly,raising the engine.That blew the alert for my dad.He rushed out to ask me,but i denied.Oweing to the perfect park,he let me go.
GOD saved me that day,i for hear am.
But since then i kept on till i became a professional.
None thought me how to drive and very proud about that.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
An appropriate question for me would be, how old was I when I first crashed a car? I was 16, annoyed by my 15years old cousin whom was asked to move the car closer to the washing zone by his mother, my aunt. A child driving yet I'm 5 months older than him, never.

Don't ask me how a managed to get it moving, but I did. Straight into the garage door. Papa gave me his famous dragon look and I knew there and then, it was time to move into my gradma's place. Stayed there for two weeks.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by borntosuccess(m): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
19, Peugeot 504
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by iamkingzlee(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
ichommy:

U try o. How ya side?
We thank God my brother! You looking good.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by ichommy(m): 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
iamkingzlee:
We thank God my brother! You looking good.

Thanks Brother cheesy
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by Boldstar(m): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
I'll be 30 in February and I do not know how to drive a car, ride a bike or bicylce. I have never rode or driven anything in my life grin.
Re: How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? by egesie(m): 8:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Demola99:
15 With dad's permission tho
Nice,..manual or auto?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bmw Engines / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / Where Can I Get A 2009 Honda City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.