Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,740 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications (7354 Views)

Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / Abuja High Court Dismisses Charges Against Justice Ademola & His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by DONSMITH123(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2016
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday decided not to oppose the bail applications filed by Justice Adeniyi Ademola of a Federal High Court in Abuja and his wife, Olabowale, who is the Head of Service of Lagos State, following the arraignment of the duo before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Maitama.

The couple were arraigned before Justice Jude Okeke on 11 counts including being in possession of firearms without valid license, conspiracy to receive gratification and receiving gratification of N30m from Joe Agi and Associates, between March 11 and March 26, 2015.

Shortly after the arraignment of the defendants, Justice Ademola’s lawyer, Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), ‎and another lawyer representing the wife of the judge, informed the court that they had filed their applications for bail.

In response, the prosecuting ‎counsel, Mr. Segun Jegede, said he would not oppose the bail applictions but urged the presiding judge to impose terms and conditions that would make the defendants attend their trial.

‎He said, “In principle, we are not objecting to the applications. Given the circumstances of this case, the standing of the defendants, and the rapidly approaching christmas.

“However in doing that, I will apply that the court imposes condition that will make the defendants to attend trial.

“They must be made to give undertaking that they will attend trial. They must not interfere with witnesses and they must not destroy evidence.”

In addition, Jegede urged the court ‎to compel the defendants to drop their passports and other travel documents with the registrar of the court.

‎But the defence lawyers urged the court ‎not to impose bail conditions that were in excess of the bail conditions imposed by the Department of State Service after their arrest on October 8, 2016.

The judge is about to rule on the bail conditions.

Only the first four counts which border on the alleged N30m gratification involve the wife of the judge.

The rest of the seven counts were specifically preferred against the judge alone.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/fg-allows-justice-ademola-wifes-bail-applications/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Kisna(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2016
FTC!!!!......I THOUGHT THEY WERE GIVIN' XMAS MONEY FOR FTC!!!!....FIRST TYM HERE THO'.....
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016

Government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich

Meanwhile, Nnandi Kalu is still sitting in prison drinking garri without sugar

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Moreoffaith(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016
if una don finish the drama make we know abeg.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by olaolulazio(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016
Democracy. ...........
CrazyDemo.......
Demonstration of Craze...
Crazy demonstration....
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Atiku2019: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2016
Observing.................

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by OgatheTop: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2016
Devil punish Buhari the idiott

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by olaolulazio(m): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2016
OgatheTop:
And u think God will bless you?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by wexyee: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2016
dont give a fuc
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by phetto(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Wen wil dy arrest tinubu nd co

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by DONSMITH123(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2016
OgatheTop:

may God have mercy on thee
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by sped1oro(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2016
Good riddance to bad rubbish, if it were to be in-justice Ademola presiding over this kind of case, I bet he won't grant such bail application.

And here is the rogue-in-robe Ademola seeking for clemency of the court.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by SillyMods: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Most of Nairalanders online atm are on MMM thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

See what free money can cause? grin grin
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday decided not to oppose the bail applications filed by Justice Adeniyi Ademola of a Federal High Court in Abuja and his wife, Olabowale, who is the Head of Service of Lagos State, following the arraignment of the duo before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Maitama.

The couple were arraigned before Justice Jude Okeke on 11 counts including being in possession of firearms without valid license, conspiracy to receive gratification and receiving gratification of N30m from Joe Agi and Associates, between March 11 and March 26, 2015.

Shortly after the arraignment of the defendants, Justice Ademola’s lawyer, Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), ‎and another lawyer representing the wife of the judge, informed the court that they had filed their applications for bail.

In response, the prosecuting ‎counsel, Mr. Segun Jegede, said he would not oppose the bail applictions but urged the presiding judge to impose terms and conditions that would make the defendants attend their trial.

‎He said, “In principle, we are not objecting to the applications. Given the circumstances of this case, the standing of the defendants, and the rapidly approaching christmas.

“However in doing that, I will apply that the court imposes condition that will make the defendants to attend trial.

“They must be made to give undertaking that they will attend trial. They must not interfere with witnesses and they must not destroy evidence.”

In addition, Jegede urged the court ‎to compel the defendants to drop their passports and other travel documents with the registrar of the court.

‎But the defence lawyers urged the court ‎not to impose bail conditions that were in excess of the bail conditions imposed by the Department of State Service after their arrest on October 8, 2016.

The judge is about to rule on the bail conditions.

Only the first four counts which border on the alleged N30m gratification involve the wife of the judge.

The rest of the seven counts were specifically preferred against the judge alone.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/fg-allows-justice-ademola-wifes-bail-applications/
Biko the F.G should settle out of court and save us this embrassment a plea bargain is a better option except the Judge is innocent.I don't know why they are involving the wife sef,I think she look quite innocent and embrass.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by jahsharon: 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
OgatheTop:

Can't you see the devil is already punishing you? Buhari is above 70 years, will you live up to half that age before the devil finally crushes you? I doubt it.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Stalwert: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin see as the man thief sote in wife join am

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by Stalwert: 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Atiku2019:
Observing.................

I know say gay ritualist like to dey observe people star before sem do the eyama
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by bart10: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
Only southerners and opposition member's are corrupt in Buhary's Nigeria. Where's Burantashi, Babachir Lawal, Kyari etc. They can't be corrupt cos they wine and dine with Bubu. This whole drama sucks. Meanwhile dollar will soon hit N500. undecided

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by bigpicture001: 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
....diz country shld b sold honestly! since when did the judiciary start needing the FG's. Nod to grant bail in court..useless tyrant government

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by OlujobaSamuel: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
bigpicture001:
....diz country shld b sold honestly! since when did the judiciary start needing the FG's. Nod to grant bail in court..useless tyrant government
hmmmmmmmm, i dont know if your observation is an innocent one or just trolling. if trolling, fine, have fun, if you dont know and wish to, then the it is not wrong, the prosecuting party can oppose bail application, the reason why he chooses not to is to ensure there is no delay, the opposing of the application might means coming back another day to give a ruling on it after hearing arguments today from both counsels.
i hope my little explanation helped.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by bart10: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
hmmmmmmmm, i dont know if your observation is an innocent one or just trolling. if trolling, fine, have fun, if you dont know and wish to, then the it is not wrong, the prosecuting party can oppose bail application, the reason why he chooses not to is to ensure there is no delay, the opposing of the application might means coming back another day to give a ruling on it after hearing arguments today from both counsels.

But the headline is wrong. Focus on that and not the content.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by vabok(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nnamdi should be lucky he is still alive the treasonable fellow!

AfonjaStinks:

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by miqos02(m): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
okw
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by kalusky02(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
They should be reminded in prison custody just as they do to petty thieves and pick pocket.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by OlujobaSamuel: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
bart10:

But the headline is wrong. Focus on that and not the content.
it is not a press release from the fg or counsel, it's the media that gave it the caption, also, there is nothing wrong with the caption, it never says it allowed his bail, it's the bail application, that is, the fg never opposed the application, its the judge that grants bail not fg, any party can oppose the application, even a co-accused can oppose the bail application of a fellow accused in the same case.
on focusing on container, and not content, i dont know if you are serious about that, if you are serious about it, kindly pls change, you might just sign a death warrant unknowingly

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by CXLVII: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Nnamadi Kalu wants to be the Mandela of Biafra so he still has 26 more years to spend behind bars.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by josite: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
a lesson is learned,on attainment of judgeship,make yourself a ceasar'swife and be above suspicion.now a good name is soiled.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by bigpicture001: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
....yea it help. I. Don't knw, jack abt law
Nd court. Am an economist.tånks
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by OlujobaSamuel: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
bigpicture001:
....yea it help. I. Don't knw, jack abt law
Nd court. Am an economist.tånks
uwc. btw, i read banking & finance, so having similar discipline.
Re: BREAKING: FG Allows Justice Ademola, Wife’s Bail Applications by gbishman: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
see the man hiding his face in cowardice while his armed robber of a wife boldly steers the camera in bravery, it's obvious the woman led him to commit the crime. Bitch ass man

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Oshiomohle 1998 In Funtua Textile Katsina State Before Labour Started Paying / Yakubu Gowon Was The True Hero Of The Civil War / Oba Anambra State Obi Cubana's Town (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.