Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me (7067 Views)

Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / Buhari Can’t Stop Me From Succeeding Him In 2019 – Sule Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Ipobdevil: 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
The leader of the Independent People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of lying, saying the president cannot intimidate him.
At a stormy court session on Tuesday, Mr. Kanu said the president can intimidate court judges, but not him.
“The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,” said Mr. Kanu.
A Federal High Court in Abuja ruled on Tuesday on an application seeking the protection of witnesses in the ongoing trial of Mr. Kanu, and three others, David Nwawuisi, Benjamin Madubugwu and Chidiebere Onwudiwe, who are facing trial for alleged treasonable felony.
They were arraigned before Justice Binta Nyako after the first defendant said he had no confidence in the former judge, John Tsoho.
The court had adjourned the application for protection of witnesses to December 13.
Delivering the ruling, Mrs. Binta said the court would allow the witnesses some degree of protection.
“The counsels and the defendants will see the witnesses. The witnesses will have special entrances to and outside the court,” the judge said.

Mrs. Nyako also said the court would allow the witnesses to be shielded with screen-guards. She said the court would set aside two days for rehearsals on how the witnesses will come into the court and depart from the court.
After the ruling was given, Mr. Kanu said he would not allow himself to be given a secret trial in any way.
Raising his voice, Mr. Kanu said anything short of a public trial will not be allowed.
Mr. Kanu’s lawyer, Chux Muoma, warned his client to allow the counsel he employed to do his job without undue interference in court.
“Sit down! I am your counsel let me talk. I have not come all the way here to allow you speak for me in court,” said Mr. Muoma.
He apologised to the court afterwards. Counsel to the other defendants said they will make a formal application against the judgement. They said they were opposed to the ruling of the court.
Shortly after, the defendants began to clamour for an opportunity to speak to their lawyers.
The judge, Mrs. Nyako, warned the defendants to desist from making her court rowdy.
The judge said her ruling did not imply that the trial will be conducted in secret.
“It is not going to be a secret trial. The court will allow the defendants see the witnesses. The defendant counsel will also see the witnesses,” said Mrs. Nyako.
The defendants challenged that position again, drawing the judge’s warning.
“If you don’t stop talking in my court I will assume you are becoming a nuisance in my court. And if I assume so, I will continue this trial in your absence, so do not try my patience,” she said.
“When you are in my court you will do what I want. It’s like having a visitor in your house; you can serve the visitor food but if he wants to eat he will eat and if he doesn’t want to, he will not.”
After a brief recess, Mr. Kanu began to speak again.
“I will address this court! You cannot be killing my people and tell me that you will make me have a secret trial. That won’t happen! The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,” said Mr. Kanu.
The other defendants soon joined in the voice of opposition against the court’s ruling and the session became rowdy.
The court clerks then told the people present in court that the session was over and that the matter would not continue again on Tuesday.
Outside the court, the IPOB supporters clashed with the security operatives while the latter tried to return Mr. Kanu and the other defendants to the vehicle that had brought them.
They kept shouting chants in support of the Biafran State, after the vehicles carrying the defendants zoomed off on top speed.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/217815-nnamdi-kanu-goes-berserk-in-court-says-buhari-cant-intimidate-me.html

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by INTROVERT(f): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by AkinPhysicist: 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
grin Biafra MUST come so that Ugandans can leave the SW and go back to their villages. grin

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Atiku2019: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by haywire07(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
The lawyer will be like "what kind of aggressive animal am I defending naw" .

If Seun allows this topic to hit FP, I'll deactivate my account angry E sure for me ni tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by endoski: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
it is no longer news that Nigeria is a zoo. imagine accusing someone openly,publishing his name in the newspapers and coming to try in secret. only in naija undecided undecided yet the dullard is going to persuade jammeh to step down

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by donphilopus: 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
haywire07:

If Seun allows this topic to hit FP, I'll deactivate my account angry E sure for me ni tongue

So unfortunate!

And some people would term this bravely? So sad!

And they wanna make this man the President of Biafra? I wish them success though. But they should quit the name-calling and all those derogatory remarks on the Nigeria State.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Noneroone(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
haywire07:

if only awolowo raised his voice like this, a primary school teacher called prime minister wouldnt have thrown him into jail.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Luckylife(m): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Zombie above is masturbating on someone actions as if he sorry life depend on the freedom a great man kanu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by 99100(m): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
In biafra we stand.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by donphilopus: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
endoski:
it is no longer news that Nigeria is a zoo. imagine accusing someone openly,publishing his name in the newspapers and coming to try in secret. only in naija undecided undecided yet the dullard is going to persuade jammeh to step down

The derogatory names callers have arrived. They can't air their views without throwing tantrums. I hope Biafrans are not among the animals in the so-called zoo? I also hope Biafra wouldn't be a zoo if actualized?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by donphilopus: 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Noneroone:
if only awolowo raised his voice like this, a primary school teacher called prime minister wouldnt have thrown hin into ail.

I thought someone deserted his people and ran to Abidjan when the heat was much?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by farokkunle: 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
FREE NNAMDI KANU AND PAY BIAFRANS $3.5 TRILLION DOLLARS IN REPARATION .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
What do you mean by intimidation? A man in prison for more than a year is saying that he can not be intimidated. Kanu is a flat headed monkey and dry chest beating ineffectual Buffoon! Shege dan iska. angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by superstar1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
The domesticated toothless rat is really feeling the heat. Eh ya. Sowieeeeeeeee.

Please keep spewing rubbish in court for Nigeria to increase your charges.

What is the capital punishment for Treason again?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Aufbauh(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
That one call Kanu is not enjoying the incarceration anymore.
While his supporters outside cheering him to continue the struggle,it seems as if the " Chosen one" is tired already and missing alot of funs especially this yuletide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Noneroone(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
donphilopus:

I thought someone deserted his people and ran to Abidjan when the heat was much?
before that happened a general had already sold his people to fulanis in 1830. After that happened, another general knelt down in tears to to beg for his life from his junior. They are all from the same region.

BTW your name sounds like curse.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Buhari see what you've done, Kanu don run kolo grin grin

cc: IpobExposed, our dilector yaff started again grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
haywire07:

I don't blame Kanu, I blamed the medias that posted his rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by RollingStones(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Freedom or nothing tell that to the Fool in Aso Rock.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Catastrophe1: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
WE SAY NO TO SECRET TRIAL.

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by doctokwus: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Tend to pity Kanu now.
He seems passionate enough and convinced on his course.His ultra violent advocation of the method of achieving the Biafra cause was just going overboard.
He shud calm down and allow the court trial to begin.
He has definitely got some sympathies with some people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Businessideas: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Asari Dokubo said more than that to former President Olusegun Obasanjo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by DerideGull(m): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigeria charged the dudes for treasonable felony and should be transparent in the trial. It is only when the evidence is seriously lacking that government resorts to kangaroo modality. What a shame. One wonders why Nigerians continue to ask for respect from other nationalities when they indulge in this form of stupidity.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by donphilopus: 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Noneroone:
before that happened a general had already sold his people to fulanis in 1830. After that happened, another general knelt down in tears to to beg for his life from his junior. They are all from the same region.

BTW your name sounds like curse.

This is becoming stale na..Why can't you be innovative for once?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by victorvezx(m): 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Our helo dilector Mazi Kanu is now feeling the heat, the worst thing here is that it's just the beginning

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by farokkunle: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
victorvezx:
Our helo dilector Mazi Kanu is now feeling the heat, the worst thing here is that it's just the beginning

If I say drown , you go drown your self frog face . cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by DerideGull(m): 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
doctokwus:
Tend to pity Kanu now.
He seems passionate enough and convinced on his course.His ultra violent advocation of the method of achieving the Biafra cause was just going overboard.
He shud calm down and allow the court trial to begin.
He has definitely got some sympathies with some people.

Do you understand the meaning of the word - violent?

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jesus OF Biafra cannot save himself, he is gone berserk!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by IPOB123london: 5:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
see dem writing rubbish

ndi africa

tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me by discusant: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
@berserk Op.

Note: even the Apartheid regimes in South Africa never for once arraigned Secret Witnesses against Nelson Mandela.

Buhari and his clan are turning Nigeria into a jungle, twisting established norms and laws to suit the clan of Buhari in Nigeria.

Buhari clan fears disintegration of Nigeria like leprosy.

Is that enough reason for the clan led by Buhari to subvert established judicial systems?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / NEMA To Declare “national Disaster” On Flooding / Jonathan Cautions Against Threat To Peace In Guinea Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.