Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

This Is Getting More Funny - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Getting More Funny (9392 Views)

Antichrist Is Getting Ready For The Infamous Reign Of Terror On The Earth / Anointed Preacher, Apostle Joshua Selman Is Getting Married Soon / The Battle Is Getting Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by dalaman: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is clearly not for thinkers .

I explained that the appearance of God to men is a called a theophany . And God appears in human form in such a way comprehensible to man since God is inscrutable .

To you God is inscrutable but to the authors of the biblical stories God is not. They imagined a differentGod from you.

I've said it before that I'm not good expressing my thoughts , but I think I was clear on what it means that God is above 10 dimensions . I think you are being disingenuous and a way of sustaining your unbelief is to mock and ridicule . wink I will keep posting my new thoughts and ideas about anything as my research goes on .

Truly I like you and the way you express your self sometimes. I've learned a lot from you about somethings . I just fear that you are going astray and soon you'll become like MrPresident or one of those looney conspiracy theorist christians out there. You are more likely to mix science fiction with some blend of Christian beliefs as you go along formin your own absurd beliefs that is neither biblical or has the backing of science.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

explain omnipresence undecided

When I mean God does not exist in this universe , I mean God is not of this universe like lesser gods like the Chinese gods and kami . Omnipresence is a very complex thing though - God is not limited to any particular location , His divine presence encompasses the whole of the universe.

1 Like

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Deicide: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

When I mean God does not exist in this universe , I mean God is not of this universe like lesser gods like the Chinese gods and kami . Omnipresence is a very complex thing though - God is not limited to any particular location , His divine presence encompasses the whole of the universe.

And also the Jewish God? Me and you Know that God is not A name But a Title just like King so Why don't you mention the King that is not Of this universe? Or are You now a Deist? Because i don't understand what you mean by lesser God...
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

To you God is inscrutable but to the authors of the biblical stories God is not. They imagined a differentGod from you.

Its the same God sir . Judaism has given perspicuous explanations on anthropomorphism of God . All those things are metaphorical and the appearances of God is described as theophany .

Truly I like you and the way you express your self sometimes. I've learned a lot from you about somethings .

Thank you sir . cool

I just fear that you are going astray and soon you'll become like MrPresident or one of those looney conspiracy theorist christians out there. You are more likely to mix science fiction with some blend of Christian beliefs as you go along formin your own absurd beliefs that is neither biblical or has the backing of science.

grin . I'm not dogmatic about those things I say . Whether they are true or close to the truth or false , I don't pay much attention to them wink . Its just exciting to see things from different perspectives , that's all . I am not going astray smiley . I am that same ardent Christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

Truly I like you and the way you express your self sometimes. I've learned a lot from you about somethings . I just fear that you are going astray and soon you'll become like MrPresident or one of those looney conspiracy theorist christians out there. You are more likely to mix science fiction with some blend of Christian beliefs as you go along formin your own absurd beliefs that is neither biblical or has the backing of science.

He will become like otem in a theistic way cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
@ Dalaman

KingEbukasBlog:

You should note that : Judaism and Islam reject an anthropomorphic deity, believing that God is beyond human comprehension . Judaism holds that anthropomorphic characteristics of God in the Hebrew Bible such as the "Hand of God" are to be taken only as figures of speech. This was done to make God more comprehensible to the human reader. As God is inscrutable , beyond human understanding, and of course there are different ways of describing him. He is said to be both personal and impersonal, he has a relationship with his creation but is beyond all relationships . That's why I strongly believe that God always reveals Himself to man in ways we can comprehend .
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

He will become like otem in a theistic way cheesy

grin grin .

Otem pontificates , I don't .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

And also the Jewish God? Me and you Know that God is not A name But a Title just like King so Why don't you mention the King that is not Of this universe? Or are You now a Deist? Because i don't understand what you mean by lesser God...

I'm not a deist .

Maybe this thread will help : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by dalaman: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ Dalaman

This further supports my belief that Gods are man made. Men have to keep explaining and refining what ever concept of God it is they have imagined. Modern theologians are the ones setting these things up. The ancients had no problem saying that Jacod (Israel )wrestled with God or that Moses was shown the back.parts of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin .

Otem pontificates , I don't .

Omo mummy cheesy

And you don't undecided
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

This further supports my belief that Gods are man made. Men have to keep explaining and refining what ever concept of God it is they have imagined. Modern theologians are the ones setting these things up. The ancients had no problem saying that Jacod (Israel )wrestled with God or that Moses was shown the back.parts of God.

I wonder how moses felt looking at god's butt undecided
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

Lol . You can subscribe to whatever , but it still does not change the fact that atheism was born out of ignorance grin .

I will invite you to my new thread explaining how this man made idea called atheism became popular .
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

I wonder how moses felt looking at god's butt undecided

God does not have a butt . undecided
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Omo mummy cheesy

grin grin grin

And you don't undecided

Nope .
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God does not have a butt . undecided

But it has a backside? undecided
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Deicide: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not a deist .

Maybe this thread will help : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

Ur Views doesn't Represent the God of the Bible na undecided
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Deicide: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Lol that dude..
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Lol that dude..

Na him way cheesy grin
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Nope

There are many explanations of what Moses saw - It could be pre-incarnate Christ or a theophany . A theophany means that visible manifestation of God in human form or any other form . Just for us to understand .
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
Deicide:

Ur Views doesn't Represent the God of the Bible na undecided

It does . What you have are misconceptions about God .

You see God as some big guy who lives in the sky or whatever pictorial representations of God you have seen in the past . And failed to understand , then you became an atheist . Most , if not all atheists here became atheists because of religious skepticism and misconceptions .

If you can understand what anthropomorphism , extra-dimensional nature of God and theophanies are , then you could be on your way to abjuring your beliefs in atheism .

Atheism is not for thinkers .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nope

There are many explanations of what Moses saw - It could be pre-incarnate Christ or a theophany . A theophany means that visible manifestation of God in human form or any other form . Just for us to understand .

Exodus 33:18

18Then Moses said, “I pray You, show me Your glory!” 19And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.” 20But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” 21Then the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; 22and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23“Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back , but My face shall not be seen.”

Obviously, god is promising Moses a sigh of it's back

And what the hell does this mean?

It could be pre-incarnate Christ or a theophany

Is this divine guessing? undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Obviously, god is promising Moses a sigh of it's back

And what the hell does this mean?

I just explained that na .

Is this divine guessing? undecided

Define 'divine guessing '
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by damogul: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Exodus 33: 18 to 23

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Moses requested to see GLORY but God opted to show him GOODNESS. The word “glory” means “heavy” or “weighty.” The idea of “glory” is that of being overwhelmed by the greatness, the “weightiness,” of an event or person. “The glory of God is the weight of all that God is, the fullness of his understanding, virtue, and happiness.”

No man can see the fullness of God and live which was why God said Moses cannot see His face or better put, Moses cannot see the beginning of his glory which was before the world began but he can show him his works or goodness which was why God said "I will make all My goodness pass before you.”

God wanted Moses to know Him by His past doings and acts. God as He is, in all His mystery, we cannot know or comprehend.” In other words, if we want to know God then we must turn to the revelation of how God has worked in the past—primarily as these acts are recorded in His Word. Though God works differently in different eras, the way in which God acts reveals to us something of His character.

The Lord was telling Moses that it was through the revelation of His works that He would give him more insight into His nature. And yet note that this was not simply a matter of giving Moses a “video record” of what God had done. Rather God would make His works known through the revelation of His name as He declared in exodus 34:5-7.

5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

That request by Moses and Gods response was loaded with so much info for moses especially when God said in verse 19 of chapter 33 that He would be gracious on whom he would be gracious and compassion on who he would have compassion. Note the phrase, “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” In the context, it is clear that this has reference to God’s self-disclosure. In other words, God was saying, “Moses, this is what I am like: I manifest my grace and mercy as I deal with my creation. But I exercise it according to my volition.” So Moses you cannot know me the way you requested but you can know me through my works.

God has no back parts.
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Deicide: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If you can understand what anthropomorphism , extra-dimensional nature of God and theophanies are , then you could be on your way to abjuring your beliefs in atheism .

Atheism is not for thinkers .

Lemme Make it Clear maybe You didn't Understand What i said.... I SAID THIS VIEW YOUR OWN VIEW OF GOD IS NOT WHAT IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE!!
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I just explained that na .

That is your own assumption

Define 'divine guessing '

You don't know but you are a Christian and whatever you say is right. To you
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Deicide: 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
damogul:

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

There is No God In History That man Had Ever Created that You can Ever see There Glory. You can Only See them In There Physical(human) Form

FOR EXAMPLE THE GREEK GOD ZEUS..

Semele was a princess of Thebes in Greek mythology, daughter of the hero Cadmus and Harmonia. She was the only mortal to become the parent of a god.

Zeus fell in love with Semele while watching her sacrifice a bull on his altar and visited her many times afterwards. When Semele became pregnant, Hera found out and jealous of her husband's affair, set out a plan to punish Semele. Hera appeared in a different form to Semele and they became friends; Semele later confided to the goddess about her affair with Zeus, but Hera made her doubt about it. So, Semele decided to ask Zeus to grant her a wish, and he took an oath on the river Styx that he would give her anything. She asked that he appear to her in all his glory; Zeus was forced to comply. However, mortals could not look upon Zeus without bursting into flames, which is what happened to Semele. Zeus managed to save the unborn baby by sewing it inside his thigh; a few months later, god Dionysus was born, who managed to save his mother from the Underworld and brought her to Mount Olympus, where she became the goddess Thyone.
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
damogul:

Moses requested to see GLORY but God opted to show him GOODNESS. The word “glory” means “heavy” or “weighty.” The idea of “glory” is that of being overwhelmed by the greatness, the “weightiness,” of an event or person. “The glory of God is the weight of all that God is, the fullness of his understanding, virtue, and happiness.”

No man can see the fullness of God and live which was why God said Moses cannot see His face or better put, Moses cannot see the beginning of his glory which was before the world began but he can show him his works or goodness which was why God said "I will make all My goodness pass before you.”

God wanted Moses to know Him by His past doings and acts. God as He is, in all His mystery, we cannot know or comprehend.” In other words, if we want to know God then we must turn to the revelation of how God has worked in the past—primarily as these acts are recorded in His Word. Though God works differently in different eras, the way in which God acts reveals to us something of His character.

The Lord was telling Moses that it was through the revelation of His works that He would give him more insight into His nature. And yet note that this was not simply a matter of giving Moses a “video record” of what God had done. Rather God would make His works known through the revelation of His name as He declared in exodus 34:5-7.

5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

Jehovah the punisher cheesy grin

That request by Moses and Gods response was loaded with so much info for moses especially when God said in verse 19 of chapter 33 that He would be gracious on whom he would be gracious and compassion on who he would have compassion. Note the phrase, “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” In the context, it is clear that this has reference to God’s self-disclosure. In other words, God was saying, “Moses, this is what I am like: I manifest my grace and mercy as I deal with my creation. But I exercise it according to my volition.” So Moses you cannot know me the way you requested but you can know me through my works.

God has no back parts.

But god specifically says in Exodus 33:23 “Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back , but My face shall not be seen.”

Care to elaborate?

Kingebukasblog, come and see o. Jehovah is pointing out it's body parts here
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by damogul: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
hahn:

Jehovah the punisher cheesy grin

But god specifically says in Exodus 33:23 “Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back , but My face shall not be seen.”

Care to elaborate?

Kingebukasblog, come and see o. Jehovah is pointing out it's body parts here

A hand is a covering! It does not mean a literal hand. I already explained what he meant by face. Face is the beginning its like saying HEAD or TAIL. Moses requested to see his glory and he cannot do this without showing him the beginning and the end of God...in other words ALL ABOUT HIM which is impossible for a man to see and yet live.

Read my initial post again and put it next to this one. The problem you atheists always have is the inability to understand Gods words in relation to his person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Ranchhoddas: 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
dalaman:

Soon he'll be a Christain scientologist.
I think Ebuka wants to leave Christianity (at least the fundamental pentecostal type). He just does not know how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
damogul:

A hand is a covering! It does not mean a literal hand. I already explained what he meant by face. Face is the beginning its like saying HEAD or TAIL. Moses requested to see his glory and he cannot do this without showing him the beginning and the end of God...in other words ALL ABOUT HIM which is impossible for a man to see and yet live.

Read my initial post again and put it next to this one. The problem you atheists always have is the inability to understand Gods words in relation to his person.

Lol

All your explanations are nothing but you trying to make sense out of a senseless quote in a book. "Divine guessing"

The problem with you theists is the ability to interpret bible verses to your benefit.

If this argument was in your favor you would have been backing the fact that god has human features

Like, why do you use "he" to describe god if it doesn't have a body parts? undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Getting More Funny by hahn(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I think Ebuka wants to leave Christianity (at least the fundamental pentecostal type). He just does not know how to go about it.

He is also leaning towards deism so he can save himself the humiliation that he has been wrong all along cheesy grin
Re: This Is Getting More Funny by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
damogul:

I believe the next logical question would be 'how do you know this' ? How does one determine what parts of the Bible are literal and those that are not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

English Meaning Of This Transliteration / Buhari Congratulates Pastor Adeboye On His 80th Birthday / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.