Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. (9873 Views)

"I Met Nnamdi Kanu In Ghana, Buying Pizza" - Igbo Lady Said In December 2017 / What Nnamdi Kanu Said About The Name Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by kcmichael: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hahahahshaha,more watery beans for u till 2023,
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Even tho I am not igbo, it's common sense to know that he can't give up at this point and lead a 'normal life' as you put it, and guy you sound unintelligent no offence if after all this man has gone through you realy think he is doing it for a name, just a name, I don't really understand the biafra thing but that man is willing to die and go all length for his people, it's crazy but I think I understand him but why aren't al the major igbo heads standing behind him...

You said, the man is not intelligent? but if you are intelligent enough then you should know why those igbo leaders r not in support publicly, especially the ones in power. An average igbos support biafra, go and do your statistics very well. Even some of the leaders but they can't support Kanu publicly.

#supportbiafra#
#proudlyyoruba#

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by Pabaj: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
LoveDecay:

this is why the east will remain political slaves in this country. You dey think like oyibo man in Nigeria. Is Nigeria using the American constitution or any American law ..... your just a fool and an American slave
Insults don't solve problems be constructive.
Give us a reasonable solution then according to your Nigerian law that we have peddling for so long.
You don't seem to realize nothing works in a failed state.People are dying everyday of health issues that are treatable due to no funds or medical equipments and you want to talk of Nigerian ideology where has it taken us so far.
We must adapt the western ideology and workability to the highest degree otherwise we are going nowhere.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ase bobo yi o le.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
I want to add ''Akin'' to Nnamdi Kanu name

Kudos

#supportbiafra#
#proudlyyoruba#
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by IPOB123london: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof: 8:01am
bashydemy:

What is secret about his trial?

Did he want his trial to be televised? If yes who's gonna pay?

Hes a joker!

In Federal Court, here in the United States (which Mr.Kanu wants his trial emulated after) recording devices are not allowed in the court room. No phones, no cameras, no tape recorders. Nothing! So, here, if Mr.Kanu started to rant--- even after the Judge told him to stop being unruly--- U.S Marshals would have jumped on his back and broken an arm before you can say "Jack Robinson". Have you ever seen the kind of big, burly white boys we use as Marshals out here? Mr,Kanu would not dare try that nonsense. A 6'5, 265lbs all-muscle red haired farm boy from some backwater county somewhere in Kentucky would've gladly tossed him around like a rag doll the moment he opened his mouth to utter his first words.

Furthermore,since he clearly appears to be unstable, his case would be postponed at least another 6-8 months so that a full and complete mental evaluation could be conducted on him to determine if he is fit to stand trial. . The Court would also most likely order that, for his safety, Mr.Kanu be kept in Solitary Confinement (23 hours/day) and away from General Population Inmates. He, however, would be allowed an hour a day--ALONE--- for recreation and exercise (under the supervision of prison officials). All this will be done because his utterances and actions have shown him to be a very dangerous person who is prone to violent and irrational outbursts , and who (from his past and present words) won't hesitate to carry out his vows if he felt he could get away with it.

Then, next time he was being brought to court, Mr.Kanu (if he continues being violent after the evaluation and prescribed medications) would be wheeled into court handcuffed to his chair with a mask-muffler over his mouth to dissuade him from further disrupting court proceedings. We don't waste time Judging you in absentia. We will make sure you witness your own trial and conviction so you don't come tomorrow on Appeal claiming you were denied your right to Justice.

Finally, as I understand it, the Nigerian Government is not pushing for a "secret trial" as falsely claimed by Mr.Kanu. They are requesting that the identities of the witnesses be shielded. While it is true Mr.Kanu has the right to cross examine his accusers, it is also true that he doesn't have the right to demand that their faces and identities be revealed to the public. This even so because Mr.Kanu has severally shown himself to be a very violent man with an almost fanatical following by a very enormous amount of people especially from his ethnic group. So, it would not be outlandish for the court to fear for the safety of the witnesses were Mr.Kanu to call for retribution against them; ESPECIALLY if the witness(es) is/are [a] member(s) of his own ethnic group.

For this reason, to safeguard Mr.Kanu's fundamental right to question and cross-examine his accusers the Court could accommodate his rights and "needs" , by :

A. Having an "in-camera" proceeding witnessed by both Defense and Prosecuting counsels (under the eyes of a very few select number of vetted security officers who will be there to protect all parties) where Mr.Kanu's team would be allowed to view Pictures and names or the witnesses to be called against the Defendant. The Defense would not be allowed to leave with any of this evidence . Also Mr.Kanu will not be allowed to attend this proceeding; that is what he has lawyers for.

B. If the above is out of the question, then the court can order that the courtroom be renovated in such a way that the witness boxl be shielded from the public, but viewable by the defense and prosecution. It would obviously take time to generate the needed funds for a new witness-box with screening away from the public to be constructed so for that reason it wouldnt be unreasonable for the case to be postponed another 8-10 months to accommodate Mr.Kanu's demands.

There are so many ways to skin a cat. This is a case which, out here, would not see the light of day for at least another 4-5years owing to its enormity and severity. Nnamdi Kanu should be thanking his God he's not getting the American treatment there in Nigeria. He's joking if he thinks he's going home sooner than a decade from now. And thats how its played all over the world. He's lucky he's pulling those antics in unruly Nigeria.
(Quote) (Report) 6 Likes (Like) 6 Shares (Share)

but court order is respected in US no bi abi afonjass ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by IPOB123london: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
the truth is the IGbos are too advanced to be called Africans

common just read all the afonjas comment and what else can be said

ndi ara
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by Eigaso: 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Even tho I am not igbo, it's common sense to know that he can't give up at this point and lead a 'normal life' as you put it, and guy you sound unintelligent no offence if after all this man has gone through you realy think he is doing it for a name, just a name, I don't really understand the biafra thing but that man is willing to die and go all length for his people, it's crazy but I think I understand him but why aren't al the major igbo heads standing behind him...

My sincere and unbiased opinion as to why the heads and lawmakers are not with him is politically motivated compromise.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by omonnakoda: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
IPOB123london:

the truth is the IGbos are too advanced to be called Africans

common just read all the afonjas comment and what else can be said

ndi ara
There is plenty of evidence for that in Igbo history. When they were colonized by Europeans they already had a fully functional Internet. Very advanced chaps Igbos
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by Pabaj: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
. The best way people like KANU can help is to first try to influence the polity positively, actively engage in governance and working towards getting the south east equity and more traction in federal policies.This goes for all the regions.Let us try this approach first and see what comes of it.This is how you build a nation getting your most passionate people to speak for you in places that matter and not the current corrupt and criminally inclined politicians we have now.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by hamilton62(m): 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
sanandreas:
This is injustice. Let the man have fair hearing if the government have case against him. If anything happens to this man SS will join the Igbos to fight. Enough of this oppression.
what do you think bro, they duck from the Judiciary power of ECOWAS but are trying to dictate a verdict from Aso Rock... if the govt has a case against Mr Nnamdi Kalu, they would have been the first to arrive the west Africa Court because it will deal Kalu blow international than the State's... People don't think. they think that when this is implemented that it will stop there, it will be used as a reference on the judiciary whenever the dictator wants to do his wants... think afar and not within

2 Likes

Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by backtosender: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
hoodmenconcept:

You said, the man is not intelligent? but if you are intelligent enough then you should know why those igbo leaders r not in support publicly, especially the ones in power. An average igbos support biafra, go and do your statistics very well. Even some of the leaders but they can't support Kanu publicly.

#supportbiafra#
#proudlyyoruba#
True!many politicians in SE support Biafra and Nnamdi kalu I met couple of them they vocally said it......obviously not openly but with time they will come out
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by prince985(m): 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

If our entire yoruba people were 2% as brave as Kanu. Skirt-wearing Dahomey ladies wouldn't have beheaded our men in yoruba and sent others hiding under olumo rock. We must say truth as omoluabis.
guy abeg tell me môre about d bolded
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by JimiOgunlola: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2016
DonaldGenes:
Hmmmmmph! What a pity! Well, sometimes when a single individual wants to fight the government it is pretty hard to win against the State..I am sure he, KANU Namdi already knew what was at stake before embarking on this Huge Task...
On the other hand, he has every right to fight for his people but someone gotta pay the price somehow.
Question is: why would I wanna keel myself fighting for a just cause of my people just to make a NAME?
If I were him, Nnamdi, I would simply give up this fight and live my normal life....Life is too short man....

It is because of this our yoruba mentality that yooba lost cities and towns to the caliphate till today. Selfishness and cowardice. We yorubas should be ashamed.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by Toketimt: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2016
kettle84:
this is childish.if the people are genuine witnesses why hide their faces. Anybody can get his face covered as a witness without being genuine.

if Buhari is just why should he appoint his sister from katsina state in an ethnocentric case like this.

This is foolish. Both the defendants and their lawyers will be oppurtunity to see the faces of those accusing them but not the General public. If it's not genuine, that won't be done. If not any of the criminals sympathisers can easily start threatening them.

Secondly, on two different occasions, these criminals Av rejected the judges given to them and those honorable judges stepped aside. Only the extremely daft soul will think Buhari has an hand in the appointment of this judge. Let our dilector man up and face his accusers.
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by Toketimt: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2016
CSTR13:
There is nothing well, said about that.
Totally ignorant about america and her judicial system.

I insist that it was Wellsaid. Though he may have erred in one or two instances but the spirit behind the post is alive
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by backtosender: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DCD4XQSmY
We see the kind of love his people have for him will never be dispute....Nnamdi kalu is one of the chosen one to lead I have come to conclusion that Biafra is inevitable......reading comments from Biafra youths made me realise it because many now have access to information Nigeria cannot hide anymore....I hereby send special thanks to achala ugo nwanyi madam Grace Ekene) ojukwus mother and many of our daughters that will produce many great people like nzeogwu ikemba kalu and many more that we don't know....they are truly Hebrew women without resolute........Oliver de coque dedicated special song for Ojukwu
Re: The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
zendy:

There is something you forgot to add. If it had been the US, Kanu wouldnt have been arrested in the first place because his right to freedom of speech and expression would have been respected. Do you know how many secessionst groups there are in America who still hoist the confederate flag as their official flag and broadcast hate messages against the American Government out of back room radio stations? Most of these confederates, white supremacist groups and white nationalist are actually even legally armed while they call for the violent destruction of Government. They dont get arrested because their rights are respected.

Kanu did the same thing and he was charged with treason.

If it had been America, Kanus case would never have gone to court because a person cannot commit treason with their mouth.

I'm not asking you, Im TELLING you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Stops PDP’s Planned Convention / Netanyahu Likely To Attend Summit In Nigeria By End Of Yea / Why Sanwo-olu Won’t Probe Ambode’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.