Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

$1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami (6668 Views)

Looting: Why Buhari Can’t Prosecute Obasanjo, Jonathan – Sagay / Buhari Disagrees With AGF Malami Orders EFCC To Prosecute Diezani, Adoke, Others / Malabu Oil Deal: Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bribe Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by sarrki(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2016
ABUJA —THE Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, yesterday, told the House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on alleged corruption, malpractices and breach of due process in the award of OPL 245, that there was no sufficient evidence yet to convict the former AGF, Mohammed Adoke; ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke; and former Finance Minister, Olusegun Aganga, over the $1.092 billion Malabu oil deal.

The AGF said investigation was ongoing on the matter and that it was not possible for him to jump to the conclusion of indictment. According to him, the investigation is from different perspectives because of alleged criminality, breach of contract and associated elements.

This is as the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in its submission, said it was not party to the agreement on OPL 245, adding that it was the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, that could answer questions relating to issues on the Malabu transaction. C’ttee flays Adeosun for non- appearance The committee also frowned on the inability of the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, to attend the hearing and ordered that she must attend today’s hearing by all means, particularly as her predecessor was involved in the issue.

Malami, who spoke at the Rasak Atunwa-led Ad-hoc Committee on the alleged corruption, malpractices and breach of due process in the award of OPL 245, told the committee that efforts to ensure the former AGF appeared had not yielded any positive result, regretting that he was only sending correspondences.

He said:  “I can’t with certainty jump into the conclusion of indictment. The former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, has not made himself available, though he has made written submissions to the ministry.

” Fielding questions on the opening of an escrow account by Adoke, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and Olusegun Aganga over the $1.092 billion Malabu oil deal, Malami said the payment of $1.092 billion was fraudulent as it should have been paid into the Federation Account or the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

We didn’t  know OPL 245 has huge oil deposits —NNPC In its submission, the NNPC, through its Chief Operating Officer, Bello Rabiu, said the corporation was also not aware that over nine billion barrels of crude oil was in OPL 245 as being claimed, adding that he heard of such a figure in reports.

Rabiu said the plague of the oil sector was corruption, adding that the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB, would engender transparency in the industry. He said the award of OPL 245 was not extraordinary as the minister had the discretionary powers to give and revoke licences for oil blocks but was quick to add that in the case of Malabu, it was selective tendering.

Obasanjo, Atiku,  Dan-Etete not part of Malabu However, counsel to Malabu Oil and Gas, Abdullahi Haruna, and consultant to majority shareholders of Malabu, Lawal Abba, insisted that former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and one-time Minister of Petroleum, Dan Etete, had no stake in Malabu, despite observations by chairman of the committee that various foreign court rulings indicate the contrary.

Earlier in his speech, chairman of the committee, Rasak Atunwa, noted that the issue of OPL 245 had become an albatross on the necks of successive governments in Nigeria since 1998.  

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/1-092bn-malabu-oil-deal-why-we-cant-prosecute-adoke-madueke-aganga-yet-malami/
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by sarrki(m): 12:31am On Dec 14, 2016
I don't buy this malami

I didn't see the political will
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by mykeljosef: 1:17am On Dec 14, 2016
obviously you cant prosecute them...they have powers backing them up
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Donshegxy10(m): 1:21am On Dec 14, 2016
mallam malami. . . observing
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by sarrki(m): 6:27am On Dec 14, 2016
The truth is all the corrupt cases been tried

Will form part of our appraisal in 2019

Guys wake up time is going
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Atiku2019: 6:43am On Dec 14, 2016
Observing................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by veekid(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2016

buhari sef
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Bonapart(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2016
The mode who forgot me on band for months is more corrupt
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by RentALodge: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2016
What is it with north about this oil block,how did Danjuma and Alakija get their own?

Is it because now a ND minority got a lucrative block and Atiku and Abacha family, plus Obasanjo want to claim ownership?

Danjuma sold stakes in his ppl 242 to Chinese group and pocketed billions without as much as a whimper heard, Alakija is reaping unmediated financial reward from the very large again field in ND oil block and nobody is talking, yet the indigenous people of ND who own the land must not benefit from their oil.

There is a need to restructure this country. That's the least justice the Niger Delta can get.

5 Likes

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Greber: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2016
Bonapart:
The mode who forgot me on band for months is more corrupt
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by sakalisis(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2016
Ok
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by ednut1(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2016
iranu people, they wil use it to distract us 2017, den 2018 alison madueke angry grin. abeg where is dasuki self lipsrsealed
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by dee02(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2016
mykeljosef:
malam malami.....mumu malam malami

Is this all you can come up with?
Noodle brain oxymoro....n!
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by tete7000(m): 8:37am On Dec 14, 2016
It is fraudulent yet no evidence to indict, how did you then arrive at it being fraudulent? These people and contradictions, lies and deceit. Anyway these stories are for zombies not smart people. If there is no evidence to indict, there is no fraud. Simple! They should stop chasing shadows and stop tarnishing people's names to look like they are serious when they are not..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by agabusta: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2016
hmmmm, fraud everywhere
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by agabusta: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Atiku2019:
Observing................

grin

Well, thank God you have something to do full time.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by sanandreas(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2016
You see how these Northerners are sharing deals among themselves from our GOD given natural resources. Niger delta is a region flowing with milk and honey but still living in abject poverty. Posterity will judge these people. Once oil price drops in international market u would see how these westerners who leave their land to come and work in akwa ibom festering attacks on Niger Deltans fighting for resource control. We thought buhari would do Magic by diversification. 2017 budget is still based on crude and gas. If the North had these resources they would have long split. If the budget doesn't favour southerners it would be like 2016. #zero production. The north should be ready to feed the westerners with Kunu oil.

2 Likes

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by jahsharon: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2016
sarrki:

The committee also frowned on the inability of the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, to attend the hearing and ordered that she must attend today’s hearing by all means, particularly as her predecessor was involved in the issue.

I think the committee members are mad. Kemi Adeosun does not have time for the useless committee. If her predecessor was involved in the deal, the committee should search for her predecessor's address and invite the puff-puff cheeked world bank fraudster to come and tell the committee how she and her gang of looters shared the money. Se Fini.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Atiku2019: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2016
agabusta:

grin
Well, thank God you have something to do full time.

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by agabusta: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2016
smiley Your optimism and commitment is unequaled.

Atiku2019:

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2016
agabusta:
smiley Your optimism and commitment is unequaled.

I really feel bad for anyone who feels they can count on any Nigerian governments integrity and straightforwardness. Mr. Attorney General, said the activities were fraudulent, but he also said he has no evidence, what contradiction?

Read my lips, even if there was a ship load of digital, analogue, voice, text evidence against Patience Jonathan, Diezani, Atiku, Tinubu, IBB, and more, these people are DEFINITELY not going to jail, at least not in Nigeria, coughs...Ibori. At the most, we will hear that their accounts has been frozen, if there is a media frenzy, EFCC will come to tell us how they were able to recovered phantom millions and billions. Story
I ask, what happened to the Metuh, Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore and other cases?

I don't want to start with the incompetent and bribe-laden judiciary that takes forever to try a single case.

Nigeria may not be great in our generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Solowande(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Dis will also die a natural death just like d $182m halliburton scam

1 Like

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by wirinet(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2016
jahsharon:

I think the committee members are mad. Kemi Adeosun does not have time for the useless committee. If her predecessor was involved in the deal, the committee should search for her predecessor's address and invite the puff-puff cheeked world bank fraudster to come and tell the committee how she and her gang of looters shared the money. Se Fini.

My brother I tire for this form of madness o.

The committee also frowned on the inability of the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, to attend the hearing and ordered that she must attend today’s hearing by all means, particularly as her predecessor was involved in the issue .

So because her predecessor was involved in the issue, she should face trial and punishment for any crime that her predecessor is alleged to have committed.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2016
sarrki:
ABUJA —THE Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, yesterday, told the House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on alleged corruption, malpractices and breach of due process in the award of OPL 245, that there was no sufficient evidence yet to convict the former AGF, Mohammed Adoke; ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke; and former Finance Minister, Olusegun Aganga, over the $1.092 billion Malabu oil deal.

The AGF said investigation was ongoing on the matter and that it was not possible for him to jump to the conclusion of indictment. According to him, the investigation is from different perspectives because of alleged criminality, breach of contract and associated elements.

This is as the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, in its submission, said it was not party to the agreement on OPL 245, adding that it was the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, that could answer questions relating to issues on the Malabu transaction. C’ttee flays Adeosun for non- appearance The committee also frowned on the inability of the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, to attend the hearing and ordered that she must attend today’s hearing by all means, particularly as her predecessor was involved in the issue.

Malami, who spoke at the Rasak Atunwa-led Ad-hoc Committee on the alleged corruption, malpractices and breach of due process in the award of OPL 245, told the committee that efforts to ensure the former AGF appeared had not yielded any positive result, regretting that he was only sending correspondences.

He said:  “I can’t with certainty jump into the conclusion of indictment. The former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, has not made himself available, though he has made written submissions to the ministry.

” Fielding questions on the opening of an escrow account by Adoke, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and Olusegun Aganga over the $1.092 billion Malabu oil deal, Malami said the payment of $1.092 billion was fraudulent as it should have been paid into the Federation Account or the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

We didn’t  know OPL 245 has huge oil deposits —NNPC In its submission, the NNPC, through its Chief Operating Officer, Bello Rabiu, said the corporation was also not aware that over nine billion barrels of crude oil was in OPL 245 as being claimed, adding that he heard of such a figure in reports.

Rabiu said the plague of the oil sector was corruption, adding that the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB, would engender transparency in the industry. He said the award of OPL 245 was not extraordinary as the minister had the discretionary powers to give and revoke licences for oil blocks but was quick to add that in the case of Malabu, it was selective tendering.

Obasanjo, Atiku,  Dan-Etete not part of Malabu However, counsel to Malabu Oil and Gas, Abdullahi Haruna, and consultant to majority shareholders of Malabu, Lawal Abba, insisted that former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and one-time Minister of Petroleum, Dan Etete, had no stake in Malabu, despite observations by chairman of the committee that various foreign court rulings indicate the contrary.

Earlier in his speech, chairman of the committee, Rasak Atunwa, noted that the issue of OPL 245 had become an albatross on the necks of successive governments in Nigeria since 1998.  

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/1-092bn-malabu-oil-deal-why-we-cant-prosecute-adoke-madueke-aganga-yet-malami/

Issorite.

Observing. Buhari! Over to you.

1 Like

Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by agabusta: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2016
7Alexander:

I really feel bad for anyone who feels they can count on any Nigerian governments integrity and straightforwardness. Mr. Attorney General, said the activities were fraudulent, but he also said he has no evidence, what contradiction?

Read my lips, even if there was a ship load of digital, analogue, voice, text evidence against Patience Jonathan, Diezani, Atiku, Tinubu, IBB, and more, these people are DEFINITELY not going to jail, at least not in Nigeria, coughs...Ibori. At the most, we will hear that their accounts has been frozen, if there is a media frenzy, EFCC will come to tell us how they were able to recovered phantom millions and billions. Story
I ask, what happened to the Metuh, Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore and other cases?

I don't want to start with the incompetent and bribe-laden judiciary that takes forever to try a single case.

Nigeria may not be great in our generation

It is very possible for a fraud to occur, and you don't have sufficient evidence to get a conviction in court.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by SBG04: 10:01am On Dec 14, 2016
They should invite that puf puf stuffed woman to come and defend herself and free our kemi.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by Okeikpu(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2016
The mode who banned me for almost 2months
Just pray I won't remember your case when next I visit the spirit world
Our next meeting is approaching, just pray hard I don't remember abt it.
Black mentality
What stops you guys from hiding any comments u found wrong
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by mykeljosef: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
dee02:

Is this all you can come up with? Noodle brain oxymoro....n!
you are re tarde. d
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by mykeljosef: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Okeikpu:
The mode who banned me for almost 2months
Just pray I won't remember your case when next I visit the spirit world
Our next meeting is approaching, just pray hard I don't remember abt it.
Black mentality
What stops you guys from hiding any comments u found wrong

lol read the rules n regulations bro

u get 2 months n u dey vex

my first account is banned till 2026....10 years for saying someone's comments reeks of FULL ishness

just calm down ....
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by mayorchelsea(m): 12:35am On Dec 15, 2016
For wise and non sentimental folks,a fraud can take place but if no sufficient evidence is available, you might never get a conviction.
Re: $1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami by DamiBukola: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2016
SBG04:
They should invite that puf puf stuffed woman to come and defend herself and free our kemi.
for your dull brain, the predecessor in question is not a woman rather Olusegun Aganga who is from Edo State but claiming Lagos. ntor, bad belle

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKINGS: President Buhari To Face Impeachment Over Troops To Gambia / Adulterated Petrol: No Sanctions For NNPC, Importers, Say Reps / Subsidy Payment, ECA Depletion: Ajuri, Misrepresenting Facts - TonyeBarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.