Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

How MMM May Defraud Nigerians - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How MMM May Defraud Nigerians (789 Views)

MMM Appears Determined To Defraud More Nigerians, Announces Another Comeback / MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by ruffhandu: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2016
A lot has been said about MMM in the last one day. Below is strictly personal.

MMM had claimed it’s collecting to the rich and giving to the poor. Super Robin Hood. We all know but rich and poor are doing this and that claim holds no water.

People still be encouraging others MMM has not crashed. Lemme ask you. When they finally unfreeze (if they will), what do you think will happen?

Let me tell you:
Almost everyone (including the guiders) folding their arms right now waiting for a pull out. They all know it’ll be a miracle to get their money out.
Only the not-so-wise, or thoroughly brainwashed, will be quick to put in money. And, from what I have heard, only the monies paid in by members will be used to pay out to other members. So, if no one pays in money where will MMM get the money to pay the “mavrodians” (I hope I got that right)?

It’s simple logic. People are shaken and scared and the trust on MMM has dwindled greatly. By January, everyone will want to get their money and only few, if any, would have put in some money to pay these people.

Assuming there are 100 participants waiting to cash out. If only 10 new entrants pay in money to settle 10 mavrodians, the remaining 90 mavrodians will have their Bp rise higher than it is, thus cursing more panic.

When other potential participants standing by and watching hear the testimonies of the 90 persons, even though the management of MMM will keep assuring them the day is still bright, they’ll hold back their funds, waiting for a better time to ‘gamble’. The distrust keeps increasing, and people’s heart keep failing.
Eventually, they’ll come to the full realization that MMM is gone.

Case 2
MMM will not be unfrozen, finish.

If MMM actually meant to defraud people directly, then they may do/have done this:

All the ‘major payments’ (as targeted by MMM) in November/December will be made to MMM proxy accounts. Many Nigerians trust MMM because they are assured money is not paid into one central account. But, come, how do you know? How are you sure the person you are paying to actually paid a kobo to another person? How are you sure one man’s account is not used to pool fund from many people?

Ok, see what could happen. MMM can dedicate 1,000 proxy accounts where all funds 1M and above (as targeted by MMM), say, will be paid in. Through online monitoring, they would know what they want. Once they have gathered as much as they want, they’ll find a way to launder it, in and out of the country. The one month ‘pause period’ is actually a good time to keep people off their back while they clean out.

They keep giving people hope about MMM as if it is a viable investment. People wake up, this is collecting money from other people to pay others. When one stops bringing, end of wayo.

Well, I am not saying MMM has crashed. But I know things will never be the same with the scheme anymore. Right from day 1 I advised all who came close to me to stay away from the scheme.

2 Likes

Re: How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
ruffhandu:
A lot has been said about MMM in the last one day. Below is strictly personal.

MMM had claimed it’s collecting to the rich and giving to the poor. Super Robin Hood. We all know but rich and poor are doing this and that claim holds no water.

People still be encouraging others MMM has not crashed. Lemme ask you. When they finally unfreeze (if they will), what do you think will happen?

Let me tell you:
Almost everyone (including the guiders) folding their arms right now waiting for a pull out. They all know it’ll be a miracle to get their money out.
Only the not-so-wise, or thoroughly brainwashed, will be quick to put in money. And, from what I have heard, only the monies paid in by members will be used to pay out to other members. So, if no one pays in money where will MMM get the money to pay the “mavrodians” (I hope I got that right)?

It’s simple logic. People are shaken and scared and the trust on MMM has dwindled greatly. By January, everyone will want to get their money and only few, if any, would have put in some money to pay these people.

Assuming there are 100 participants waiting to cash out. If only 10 new entrants pay in money to settle 10 mavrodians, the remaining 90 mavrodians will have their Bp rise higher than it is, thus cursing more panic.

When other potential participants standing by and watching hear the testimonies of the 90 persons, even though the management of MMM will keep assuring them the day is still bright, they’ll hold back their funds, waiting for a better time to ‘gamble’. The distrust keeps increasing, and people’s heart keep failing.
Eventually, they’ll come to the full realization that MMM is gone.

Case 2
MMM will not be unfrozen, finish.

If MMM actually meant to defraud people directly, then they may do/have done this:

All the ‘major payments’ (as targeted by MMM) in November/December will be made to MMM proxy accounts. Many Nigerians trust MMM because they are assured money is not paid into one central account. But, come, how do you know? How are you sure the person you are paying to actually paid a kobo to another person? How are you sure one man’s account is not used to pool fund from many people?

Ok, see what could happen. MMM can dedicate 1,000 proxy accounts where all funds 1M and above (as targeted by MMM), say, will be paid in. Through online monitoring, they would know what they want. Once they have gathered as much as they want, they’ll find a way to launder it, in and out of the country. The one month ‘pause period’ is actually a good time to keep people off their back while they clean out.

They keep giving people hope about MMM as if it is a viable investment. People wake up, this is collecting money from other people to pay others. When one stops bringing, end of wayo.

Well, I am not saying MMM has crashed. But I know things will never be the same with the scheme anymore. Right from day 1 I advised all who came close to me to stay away from the scheme.

from a reliable source I heard mmm may unfreeze the mavros by next week but there are two conditions attached to getting help. they are:
1. u cannot cash out all ur money at the same time.
2. u must provide help before u will be able to get part of ur money. cos this is the only way everyone would have something to hold cos if u are banking on New investors u may not get that number that would match the number of gh cos of panic created and couple with the fact that in January money no de dey.
Re: How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
ode see how he spell the Nigerians sef get a job and stop criticizing the system u didn't invest in
Re: How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by ruffhandu: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2016
gatti23:
ode see how he spell the Nigerians sef get a job and stop criticizing the system u didn't invest in

hahahahahahahahaha. Your money don loss?
Re: How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by ruffhandu: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2016
ethene:

from a reliable source I heard mmm may unfreeze the mavros by next week but there are two conditions attached to getting help. they are:
1. u cannot cash out all ur money at the same time.
2. u must provide help before u will be able to get part of ur money. cos this is the only way everyone would have something to hold cos if u are banking on New investors u may not get that number that would match the number of gh cos of panic created and couple with the fact that in January money no de dey.

Phew! See condition.
Re: How MMM May Defraud Nigerians by ruffhandu: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
We've started hearing how one guy cashed out. I blame people who call MMM 'investment'.

(1) (Reply)

Account Restriction: MMM Makes New Official Announcement Amidst Controversies / The Return Of MMM And The Fidelity Of Nigerians / Www.wealthwindow.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.